PDA

View Full Version : The Borgias

JudynTX
04-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Did anyone watch this on Starz? :tu Pope Alexander VI, one of the most controversial Popes in history.

http://www.sho.com/site/borgias/home.sho

Viva Las Espuelas
04-04-2011, 01:27 PM
No

mrsmaalox
04-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Not yet, but I will catch it eventually. I just love Jeremy Irons, he's such a sexy old dude, oh and a good actor too! ;)

Right now I'm struggling with HBO's Mildred Pierce. It's supposed to be truer to the book than to the 1940's Joan Crawford film, but I can't help constantly comparing/contrasting to that film. All this time I've thought I disliked the Mildred character because of Joan Crawford, but Kate Winslet hasn't helped it at all. It's weird but the hardest thing for me so far has been that besides Winslet (who is supposed to look pretty worn down), every other actor is made up or down to be physically unnattractive. That must be why I love the 40's so much---everybody on the screen is gorgeous all the time :lol

DMC
04-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I want to see it. I watched the Tudors on HBO while it was running. Here I thought I killed all the damn Borgias in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

ManuBalboa
04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
I've only caught the first 10 mins. of Ep. 1. It looked like it'll be alright. I know Irons will deliver. Also in for seeing a glimpse of The Brotherhood capturing Borgia Towers.

IronMaxipad
04-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Are there any boobs? serious question.

Have you seen Camelot? Eva Green yummm

Jacob1983
04-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Scar as The Pope. Interesting. Showtime might have a winner.

easjer
04-05-2011, 05:00 PM
It's a great historical group for the Tudor-style treatment. Incest, power plays, the Pope w/ kids, the great commander who was supposed to be Machiavelli's ideal Prince, poison, a sister-in-law involved with both her brother-in-laws . . . would love to see it, but will have to wait until series end as we don't get Showtime and they will no longer work with Netflix until the end of a show's run.

Too bad, really.

DMC
04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
It's a great historical group for the Tudor-style treatment. Incest, power plays, the Pope w/ kids, the great commander who was supposed to be Machiavelli's ideal Prince, poison, a sister-in-law involved with both her brother-in-laws . . . would love to see it, but will have to wait until series end as we don't get Showtime and they will no longer work with Netflix until the end of a show's run.

Too bad, really.
I do the same, but it's because I watch it on "On Demand". I cannot stand to wait a week for the next show. I lose interest.

IronMaxipad
04-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Watched the first 2 episodes pretty good. Jeremy Irons is awesome.

Mark in Austin
04-22-2011, 04:45 PM
I think the breakout star will be the guy that plays the Pope's oldest son who he just elevated to a Cardinal. That dude is bringing it every episode so far.

DMC
07-23-2011, 04:02 PM
So how do you guys rate it?

I watched it beginning to end with "On Demand" and never really raised an eyebrow. Haven't considered it since. I liked Game of Thrones much better.

I thought they portrayed The Borgias much more favorably in the 1st season than they should have been portrayed based on everything I've read about them.

I wasn't connected to any character, not one. I didn't care who died or lived tbh.

Reck
07-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Started watching this recently, not bad.

Unknowingly I started watching Borgia on Netflix (A different series) and then started watching season 2 and realized they're not the same shows. :lmao

After watching Borgia I cant really adjust to the characters on the one that Showtime is airing.

John Doman as Rodrigo Borgia is wayyyyyyyy more convincing than Jeremy Irons.