PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones - 14 minute preview

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

phyzik
04-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Dammit, looks like Im going to have to get HBO again.

fRZJpX4AdAM

Im currently about 200 pages into book 3, hopefully I can finish it and book 4 before April 17th.

mrsmaalox
04-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Looks good. I was surprised to see the guy who was in that series with Jami Gertz. Can't remember the name, it was from when every show was about a goofy fat guy with a hot wife.

Sec24Row7
04-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Dammit, looks like Im going to have to get HBO again.

fRZJpX4AdAM

Im currently about 200 pages into book 3, hopefully I can finish it and book 4 before April 17th.

Don't kill yourself... This season is only book 1... and Feast for Crows is hard to get through...

Hopefully we actually get Dance with Dragons in July like they are saying.

phyzik
04-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Don't kill yourself... This season is only book 1... and Feast for Crows is hard to get through...

ehh, Im not forcing myself to read any more than I usually do... I easily go through at least 50 pages a day when Im in a good book.

I'll admit though, at first when I started reading the series I was a bit put off on the format of switching between characters and reading it from each characters point of view, but I got used to it pretty quickly.

I wonder if the TV series will keep to that format?

ManuBalboa
04-04-2011, 06:35 PM
In. Huge fan of Sean Bean; dude was made for Sword&Shield/Medieval movies. I even sat through that entire movie of his - Black Death.

IronMaxipad
04-04-2011, 06:37 PM
I was about to make a bad ass Official Thread for this.. :'(

phyzik
04-04-2011, 09:02 PM
In. Huge fan of Sean Bean; dude was made for Sword&Shield/Medieval movies. I even sat through that entire movie of his - Black Death.

You didnt like Black Death?

I thought it was pretty good.

Cry Havoc
04-04-2011, 09:17 PM
The greatest fantasy series of all-time, IMO. People who think Lord of the Rings is fantastic story telling should really read this.

Silverheart80
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
So tempted to watch this preview. Desperately trying to hold out from watching anything until the whole show premieres.

Gonna have to order HBO. Will be worth it though.

FYI: last week on his blog, George had an update about the calendar artwork I did for the 2012 A Song of Ice and Fire Calendar. Looks like it's definitely slated to release in time for San Diego Comic Con.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/205980.html

When Bantam hired me to do the calendar, I was hired to illustrate my vision of the characters in the books, and not the show or its actors. I'll be curious to see how the two compare/contrast. :)

phyzik
04-04-2011, 09:37 PM
So tempted to watch this preview. Desperately trying to hold out from watching anything until the whole show premieres.

Gonna have to order HBO. Will be worth it though.

FYI: last week on his blog, George had an update about the calendar artwork I did for the 2012 A Song of Ice and Fire Calendar. Looks like it's definitely slated to release in time for San Diego Comic Con.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/205980.html

When Bantam hired me to do the calendar, I was hired to illustrate my vision of the characters in the books, and not the show or its actors. I'll be curious to see how the two compare/contrast. :)

Didnt you also do art work for David Gemmell for the Druss novels? I remember someone on Spurstalk claiming that one time. Gemmell is still one of my favorite authors... I have probably read the Drenai series a dozen times at least... Druss is one of my favorite characters of all time.

phyzik
04-04-2011, 09:43 PM
For those that havnt had the pleasure of reading the books, this might give you a small idea of what a treat your in for...... Sure, its fantasy and alot of people balk at that, but its extremely well written. Trust me, if the show is anything like the books (and from the preview, it looks to follow the books almost word for word) you dont want to forsake this show out of hand.

psbBi7dLnT4

Silverheart80
04-04-2011, 10:14 PM
phyzik: Yup, I definitely did some Gemmell covers back in the day (about 8 or 9 years ago). Those tend to be more photography-centric illustrations, and I'm almost embarrassed by those now. Didn't have as much confidence in my draftsmanship and painting skills back then. Was still developing. Still am, but I think my stuff is better now.

Met Gemmell once and he was very gracious. Said he loved the cover for LEGEND. Made me feel good.

Very much agree with you and Cry about how great the GRRM / ASOIAF books are. My wife is NOT an epic fantasy reader. She's much more of a thriller/suspense reader. The words 'epic fantasy' have always been a turnoff for her. But when I took on the calendar gig, I convinced her to read A GAME OF THRONES and she devoured it, as well as the rest of the series. She loved the whole series. I think they're amongst the best books I've ever read, bar none.

CubanMustGo
04-04-2011, 10:24 PM

Yeah, it's been over a month since he announced it would be available on July 12 but there's been no official "yes, it's really finished" update. Takes a while to print that many books and get them shipped out to bookstores. Gone from 129 days remaining to 98 ...

Maybe we can get Kori to set us up a vBookie on whether or not it'll be out on time! :lol

CubanMustGo
04-04-2011, 10:29 PM
so is this more like harry potter or twilight

neither. why do you care, whatever anyone says you're just going to scoff it.

Sec24Row7
04-04-2011, 11:12 PM
so is this more like harry potter or twilight

It's going to be like "Rome" with magic...

Actually... this season isn't going to have too much magic I wouldn't think.

Cuban I heard a Rumor that one of my friend's friends was reading the manuscript for ADWD like 3 weeks ago... but you know how those things go.

phyzik
04-04-2011, 11:16 PM
It's going to be like "Rome" with magic...

Actually... this season isn't going to have too much magic I wouldn't think.

Cuban I heard a Rumor that one of my friend's friends was reading the manuscript for ADWD like 3 weeks ago... but you know how those things go.

Even in the book, there isnt much magic.....

It's not like wizards and shit flinging spells around.

There are Dragons (well, not until later), people who can dream cryptic shit that comes true but not as expected, and some creatures called White Walkers that melt when killed by Obsidian.

Other than that, your not going to see conjured fireballs and lightning bolts and shit like that.

Sec24Row7
04-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Even in the book, there isnt much magic.....

It's not like wizards and shit flinging spells around.

There are Dragons (well, not until later), people who can dream cryptic shit that comes true but not as expected, and some creatures called White Walkers that melt when killed by Obsidian.

Other than that, your not going to see conjured fireballs and lightning bolts and shit like that.

Uhh...

Well... depends on what you define Magic as...

Melisandre, Thoros of Myr and Berric Dondarion, Wights, dire wolves, Bran, faceless men, Valyrian Steel etc etc etc... that's without all the stuff that is happening outside Westeros.

4>0rings
04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
My brother was telling me about this a month ago. He said the book is epic, hopefully the show is too.

Sec24Row7
04-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Is anyone reading/read up to the last book of the Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan?

phyzik
04-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Uhh...

Well... depends on what you define Magic as...

Melisandre, Thoros of Myr and Berric Dondarion, Wights, dire wolves, Bran, faceless men, Valyrian Steel etc etc etc... that's without all the stuff that is happening outside Westeros.

your right, I just wanted to clarify and expand on your use of the word magic. People who dont know the books see the word Magic and the first thing that comes to mind is Merlin flinging fireballs and shit, and thats certainly not the case here. Thats all I was try to say. :toast

phyzik
04-05-2011, 01:22 AM
Who's your favorite characters?

Mine:

1) Tyrion Lannister - by far

2) Jon Snow
3) Arya Stark
4) Brandon Stark
5) Daenerys Targaryen
6) Sandor Clegane

Sec24Row7
04-05-2011, 01:26 AM
I probably like Jon, Daenerys, Bran and Tyrion about the same.

Jaime is now a close 2nd to those.

Roll my eyes every time a Sansa or Davos chapter show up

phyzik
04-05-2011, 01:41 AM
I probably like Jon, Daenerys, Bran and Tyrion about the same.

Jaime is now a close 2nd to those.

Roll my eyes every time a Sansa or Davos chapter show up

Jaime's a prick but he's interesting at least. I'd put him at number 7 on my list.

I agree with you about Sansa and Davos..... I also dont like Catelyn or Cersei.

Stannis is a fraud and I really hate the Red Lady.... I really Wanted Davos to take her out to redeem his character.

enough though, I dont want to give away too much of the story.

Sec24Row7
04-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Jaime's a prick but he's interesting at least. I'd put him at number 7 on my list.

I agree with you about Sansa and Davos..... I also dont like Catelyn or Cersei.

Stannis is a fraud and I really hate the Red Lady.... I really Wanted Davos to take her out to redeem his character.

enough though, I dont want to give away too much of the story.

Remember it is Martin and people can change and not be what they seem... ;) You have a book and a half left :p

phyzik
04-05-2011, 01:50 AM
Remember it is Martin and people can change and not be what they seem... ;) You have a book and a half left :p

True, I've read about 46 pages into book 3 since I posted this and Jaime is starting to look like a stand up guy and may be turning a page as it where concerning Brienne.

I dont want to give the story away too much to people who havnt read the book but I just reached the point where they send off Catelyn's father in a boat.

Im 41% thru book 3 right now according to my Kindle. Will probably finish it in the next 2 days or so.

phyzik
04-05-2011, 02:03 AM
phyzik: Yup, I definitely did some Gemmell covers back in the day (about 8 or 9 years ago). Those tend to be more photography-centric illustrations, and I'm almost embarrassed by those now. Didn't have as much confidence in my draftsmanship and painting skills back then. Was still developing. Still am, but I think my stuff is better now.

Met Gemmell once and he was very gracious. Said he loved the cover for LEGEND. Made me feel good.

Very much agree with you and Cry about how great the GRRM / ASOIAF books are. My wife is NOT an epic fantasy reader. She's much more of a thriller/suspense reader. The words 'epic fantasy' have always been a turnoff for her. But when I took on the calendar gig, I convinced her to read A GAME OF THRONES and she devoured it, as well as the rest of the series. She loved the whole series. I think they're amongst the best books I've ever read, bar none.

Thats cool man.... Have you ever redone a Druss cover? I'd like to see what you could come up with now compared to Legend.

I'm assuming this was your cover....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bMgwKBBp0JE/SS7PhChOS6I/AAAAAAAABAs/K2h7iAx7Qxo/s320/Legend3.jpg

Sec24Row7
04-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Phyzik, ever read robert jordan?

phyzik
04-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Phyzik, ever read robert jordan?

I read a few of the Wheel of Time series.... It was good, I just never picked it up again.

I think the last one I read from Wheel of Time was book 5: The Fires of Heaven.

Also read all of his Conan books.

Never checked out Fallon or Infinity of Heaven though.

Sec24Row7
04-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Brandon Sanderson has 1 book left to complete Wheel of Time.

Sucks that Jordan died before writing all the words himself, but I think Sanderson has done an amazing job with the material and ending Jordan Left him.

My enjoyment actually went up on the books he started on.

phyzik
04-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Brandon Sanderson has 1 book left to complete Wheel of Time.

Sucks that Jordan died before writing all the words himself, but I think Sanderson has done an amazing job with the material and ending Jordan Left him.

My enjoyment actually went on the books he started on.

The one book Im waiting for the most is Inheritance from Christopher Paolini.

I know its supposed to be a teen book but I just cant give up a good Dragon story. For a long time I avoided the Eragon books like the plague after the movie came out but after I had the chance to read the first one, Im hooked to see what happens and cant wait for November to come around.

It's sad to say, but I actually took a day off from work and spent the whole day reading Brisingr from start to finish. Took me 13 hours, and now Im pissed I have to wait until November to finish the story. :lol

I guess Im cursed that way.... If I pick up a good book, I wont stop reading. Most books I can finish in a day or two... Then I'm stuck having to wait for the next one (fuck you Salvatore!!! Make more Drizzt books!!). Then, while waiting for the next book in a series, I stupidly go out and get a totally different series and plow thru that one.....

Its an endless cycle.... Im doomed to be reading these books forever. :rollin

DieMrBond
04-05-2011, 06:26 AM
This series is next on my list of things to read, assuming i can scam a copy off of someone!

I agree with phyzik, Salvatore definitely needs to make more Drizzt books... they arent exactly high brow, but damn are they fun. I'm currently re-reading the Feist series from the start, all the way through - just finished Exiles Return. Definitely one of my favourite series...

DragonLance is my other pet series - love the Weis/Hickman core novels...

Anyway, back on topic - this looks freaking awesome. Sean Bean, ever since 006 has been one of my favourite actors.

Cry Havoc
04-05-2011, 07:14 AM
My fave characters:

1. Jaime Lannister.
2. Tyrion Lannister.
3. Arya Stark

I also like reading from Cersei's POV, not because her character is likeable, but she is enjoyable to read about, and I think it's a fairly accurate depiction of how someone would behave in such a situation with her temperament. Seeing her continually err so often is very entertaining.

I'm halfway through book 4.

CubanMustGo
04-05-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm current, but it's been so long since Feast for Crows (over five freaking years!!) that I need to go back and catch up. Maybe there's a Cliff's Note version out there - ha!

Now THIS series and its humungous books is one that makes me wish I had a Kindle.

Sec24Row7
04-05-2011, 08:48 AM
FFC is just a lot to chew on considering most people's favorites aren't in the damned thing.

Without Jon, Bran, Daenerys, or Tyrion chapters, it take a long time to get through...

I actually forgot another great character that should be on the list... Sam

admiralsnackbar
04-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Looks pretty badass.

leemajors
04-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah, it's been over a month since he announced it would be available on July 12 but there's been no official "yes, it's really finished" update. Takes a while to print that many books and get them shipped out to bookstores. Gone from 129 days remaining to 98 ...

Maybe we can get Kori to set us up a vBookie on whether or not it'll be out on time! :lol

Read something yesterday - he's still not done, but thought he was close enough for the publisher to release a date. Maybe he should quit editing all those Sci Fi novels.

http://io9.com/#!5788838/george-rr-martin-talks-about-world+building-tinkering-and-the-ending-of-lost

leemajors
04-05-2011, 10:46 AM
As far as fantasy goes, I also really enjoyed the Lukyanenko quadrology that starts with Night Watch. After I saw and loved the movie I read all of the books. A very fun, quick series read.

CubanMustGo
04-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Read something yesterday - he's still not done, but thought he was close enough for the publisher to release a date. Maybe he should quit editing all those Sci Fi novels.

http://io9.com/#!5788838/george-rr-martin-talks-about-world+building-tinkering-and-the-ending-of-lost (http://io9.com/#%215788838/george-rr-martin-talks-about-world+building-tinkering-and-the-ending-of-lost)

That's where it sat a month ago when he originally announced the date. Would have been nice to have heard he's made significant progress since then, didn't see anything to that effect.

People have been after GRRM for seemingly doing everything BUT ADWD for years. Besides editing crap like Wild Cards, he goes to a LOT of cons. Last year he cut down quite a bit on conventions and that may have helped him make progress.

There is serious concern about GRRM being able to finish the series - there are still at least two* more books due, he's no spring chicken (63 in September), and the time between books has been increasing at an alarming rate.

Game of Thrones - Oct 1996
Clash of Kings - Feb 1999 (28 months)
Storm of Swords - Oct 2000 (20 months)
Feast of Crows - Nov 2005 (61 months)
Dance with Dragons - Jul 2011 (67 months)
Winds of Winter - ?
Dream of Spring - ?

* - Feast of Crows/Dance With Dragons was originally supposed to be one book, so who knows whether the other 'two' remaining will have to be split up too.

phyzik
04-06-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm current, but it's been so long since Feast for Crows (over five freaking years!!) that I need to go back and catch up. Maybe there's a Cliff's Note version out there - ha!

Now THIS series and its humungous books is one that makes me wish I had a Kindle.

I bought my Kindle about a month ago.... Well worth the $139 (about $150 after tax). It's been within reach day and night, even at work when there is nothing else to do.

Probably the best investment I've made in a long while. As much as I like books, it gets to be a pain in the ass when you have over 200 books laying around. :lol

Most of them have been taken to half price books now though. Made a good chunk of change so far doing that. :toast

TheTruth
04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Excellent series. 14 minutes looked very very good. Officially excited for this one. Guess I'm buying HBO for a few months.

phyzik
04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
So, what did you all think?

To me, it starts off slow just like the books.... To me thats a good thing.... I dont think I can recall a series thats based off a book series that actually follows the story of the books in TV format.

For those that watched the first episode but never read the book.... Give it a chance and keep watching.... It picks up quickly if they continue to follow the books as closely as it appears they are.

brettn
04-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Didn't read the books and watched the first episode tonight and I loved it. Has alot of potential and thought they did a good job of introducing alot of the characters while keeping me entertained. Between the white walkers (still alot to learn about these things, whatever they are), the impending invasion by the crazy motherfuckers on horseback (I'm assuming), and the corruption within the main kingdom, I see alot of ways this series can go. And the ending was also pretty fucked up, but made for some pretty dramatic television. Definitely looking forward to next weeks episode.

leemajors
04-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I thought they did a really good job.

21_Blessings
04-18-2011, 04:00 PM
And the ending was also pretty fucked up, but made for some pretty dramatic television. Definitely looking forward to next weeks episode.

GRRM sex scenes are the most hilarious (and best-worst) parts of the series. 4 years younger Dany ended up wet and liking it IRRC in that scene from the book.

I see alot of ways this series can go.

Read the books, fag.

Fpoonsie
04-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Read the books, fag.

:lol

I have no desire to read the books, but your comment does remind me of a friend of mine that was a big fan of the LotR movie trilogy. The wait between the Two Towers and Return of the King was torture for him, since he "couldn't wait to see what happened!"

FuzzyLumpkins
04-19-2011, 03:06 AM
The greatest fantasy series of all-time, IMO. People who think Lord of the Rings is fantastic story telling should really read this.

Meh. Read all the hype on here about it and came away disappointed.

Its not bad but quite frankly he obviously changed the plot line several times.

Lets build up all these characters. Get a line going. Oh I want to write more than three books so I will kill off half of them. Oh wait one of them needs to be made undead.

Lalalalalalala.

The writing is pretty good but I personally prefer Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen better.

The Reckoning
04-19-2011, 08:46 AM
phyzik with a surprisingly fresh troll gig.

hater
04-19-2011, 09:20 AM
alll of a sudden I had HBO turned on this sunday. Must be a promotional thing with this show.

Saw it and it was so-so. I am sure the story is great but that does not mean the show will be good. In these movies it's all about having the ambience, the world has to seem real. This one is not as great as LOTR. The extras are seen doing their daily duties but it all looks a little fake. Hope it gets better. But IMO this won't even compete with LOTR.

leemajors
04-19-2011, 10:58 AM
alll of a sudden I had HBO turned on this sunday. Must be a promotional thing with this show.

Saw it and it was so-so. I am sure the story is great but that does not mean the show will be good. In these movies it's all about having the ambience, the world has to seem real. This one is not as great as LOTR. The extras are seen doing their daily duties but it all looks a little fake. Hope it gets better. But IMO this won't even compete with LOTR.

It's a fucking TV series, dude. You're comparing an HBO TV series with some of the most absurdly expensive budgeted movies of all time, and a series where the third movie takes a shit on the audience for three hours.

21_Blessings
04-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I personally prefer Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen better.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

hater
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
It's a fucking TV series, dude. You're comparing an HBO TV series with some of the most absurdly expensive budgeted movies of all time, and a series where the third movie takes a shit on the audience for three hours.

what the fuck does $ have to do with this?

I can name you tons of low budget movies that get the ambience and realism just right. Eraserhead for example.

FuzzyLumpkins
04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Care to expound?

leemajors
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
what the fuck does $ have to do with this?

I can name you tons of low budget movies that get the ambience and realism just right. Eraserhead for example.

This had the look and feel of the book almost spot on in this first episode, your statement made little sense.

hater
04-19-2011, 02:25 PM
This had the look and feel of the book almost spot on in this first episode, your statement made little sense.

just because it is a decent transfer from the book does not make it a great movie/show.

don't get me wrong, it looks decent. But due to the missing "ambience" and "realism" it is definitely not living up to the hype that HBO has put on it.

21_Blessings
04-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Care to expound?

You're the one with the ridiculous opinion. You first.

Shitting on Erikson is too easy.

Sec24Row7
04-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Get Ready for 10-12 more episodes!

Hopefully this puts pressure on the bearded troll of an author to finally finish Dance with Dragons and get a good start on Winds of Winter.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/game-of-thrones-renewed/

Winter is coming — back!

HBO has renewed its fantasy series Game of Thrones after airing only one episode. The show’s second season will likely debut next year and will be based on George R.R. Martin’s second book in his Song of Ice and Fire series, A Clash of Kings.

“We are delighted by the way David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have brought George R.R. Martin’s amazing book series to the screen, and thrilled by the support of the media and our viewers,” said Michael Lombardo, president of HBO. “This is the continuation of an exciting creative partnership.”

As previously reported, a Thrones renewal was likely even before the show premiered given HBO’s big investment in creating the world of Westeros and the potential back-end from international sales and DVD.

Sunday’s premiere ratings were fairly healthy too, with the drama delivering 4.2 million viewers across three airings.

nkdlunch
04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
HBO just grabbing the Dungeon n Dragon nerds they supposed to grab

Johnny RIngo
04-20-2011, 05:54 AM
I understand the show doesn't have time to fit every moment from the novel but I would have really liked to have seen the practice sword-fight between Bran and Tommen(the one that Arya and Jon watch from above - Joffrey and Sandor laugh at Robb and the Starks for using wooden swords during their training sessions). It also seems like they're adding in a few moments of their own(the Ned/Jaime interaction in the hall about the tourney). Thankfully, they seemed to have aged a few of the characters like Dany. Otherwise, it would have incredibly awkward during the sex scenes(she was like, what, fourteen in the book?).

Johnny RIngo
04-20-2011, 06:03 AM
just because it is a decent transfer from the book does not make it a great movie/show.

don't get me wrong, it looks decent. But due to the missing "ambience" and "realism" it is definitely not living up to the hype that HBO has put on it.

My only gripe is the lack of extras and the scaled down settings. Kinda expected everything to be a bit more grandiose(hundreds of people going about their duties, gigantic castles/towers) after reading the books. But, to be fair, they did a great job with the plot and the characters. Pretty solid casting all-around.

Cry Havoc
04-20-2011, 07:47 AM

Top 10 grossing movies of all-time, US Box Office

1. Avatar (2009) $760,505,847
2. Titanic (1997) $600,779,824
3. The Dark Knight (2008) $533,316,061
4. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) $460,935,665
5. Shrek 2 (2004) $436,471,036
6. E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) $434,949,459
7. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) $431,065,444
8. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006) $423,032,628
9. Toy Story 3 (2010) $414,984,497
10. Spider-Man (2002) $403,706,375

Of those movies, only one could be considered not sci-fi or fantasy. Maybe 2, but I'm not sure what category you'd put "Toy Story" under.

But I guess having swords and magic makes it nerdier than liking Avatar or Pirates. :lol

21_Blessings
04-20-2011, 08:20 AM

Game of Thrones is more War of the Roses than it is Dungeons and Dragons.

Death In June
04-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Saw it having no context for the source material. Thought it was pretty good. Maybe a little too self serious for my taste when compared to the high adventure feel of LOTRs, but entertaining nonetheless.

CosmicCowboy
04-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Daenerys Targaryen is freaking hot.

Sec24Row7
04-20-2011, 02:01 PM

You know how Manu Ginobili had a dull look in his eyes his rookie year... not really sure what was expected of him?

Just wait.

Cry Havoc
04-20-2011, 07:31 PM

I pictured her being extremely attractive judging from Martin's description of her, though I'm not sure if he ever explicitly states as to her level of attractiveness.

Isitjustme?
04-20-2011, 07:41 PM

That was a good movie. Not sure why you phrased it that way.

IronMaxipad
04-22-2011, 01:55 PM
How did those barbarians at the end take turns fucking the girl with pants on? wtf..

FuzzyLumpkins
04-22-2011, 04:33 PM
You're the one with the ridiculous opinion. You first.

Shitting on Erikson is too easy.

i already did. You responded to that post.

its a fantasy series. saying there is some ultimate truth is stupid.

I saw the progression of the story board in Martin's books and it goes like bad television. You dig that then fine. i dont.

I prefer the setting and flow of Erikson better. i am really not all that excited about dwarf penis.

whatevs.

CosmicCowboy
04-22-2011, 04:49 PM
How did those barbarians at the end take turns fucking the girl with pants on? wtf..

Even HBO with their penchant for realism has to take artistic license sometimes...they probably thought it would be in bad taste to show a big barbarian cock/gang bang.

ManuBalboa
04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
That was a good movie. Not sure why you phrased it that way.

I just wasn't really feeling it. I'll try to watch it again and see what happened. I love anything with swords in it and I have never played D&D. It reminds of me a time I never knew when adventure still existed.

Even HBO with their penchant for realism has to take artistic license sometimes...they probably thought it would be in bad taste to show a big barbarian cock/gang bang.Oh, that's coming in Spartacus Season 3 for sureeee.

Sec24Row7
04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
What did everyone think last night??

leemajors
04-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm about to watch it.

ManuBalboa
04-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Without any knowledge of the source material, I already love this series. brb raising a dire wolf pup

Pistons < Spurs
04-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Never heard of the books, but have thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 episodes. I just wish they were more than 1 hour long. By the time you really get into it, the show is almost over. I might skip a few weeks, and then do a mini marathon one weekend.

leemajors
04-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Daenerys is hot enough to keep me watching indefinitely. As a bonus, it's been pretty damn entertaining and faithful. I liked the second ep too.

CosmicCowboy
04-25-2011, 02:31 PM
What did everyone think last night??

Good show. It's definitely made our "record" list.

Pero
04-25-2011, 02:37 PM
I like it so far. Though I think two episodes is the fastest I started hating somebody. :lol

Sec24Row7
04-25-2011, 03:57 PM
I like it so far. Though I think two episodes is the fastest I started hating somebody. :lol

What character? Jeoffry?

Pero
04-25-2011, 04:30 PM
What character? Jeoffry?

Nah, that blond queen bitch. She's hot but I can't stand her and would be happy if she'd be killed soon, probably won't happen though. :lol

Sec24Row7
04-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Nah, that blond queen bitch. She's hot but I can't stand her and would be happy if she'd be killed soon, probably won't happen though. :lol

Which blonde queen bitch... there are two ;)

Yeah... the AWESOME thing about this series... is... NO ONE is safe... and you don't really know who is a good guy and who is a bad guy... it's all shades of Grey...

Though... I really really don't like Cersei and Jeoffrey... or Walder Frey...

Pero
04-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Which blonde queen bitch... there are two ;)

Yeah... the AWESOME thing about this series... is... NO ONE is safe... and you don't really know who is a good guy and who is a bad guy... it's all shades of Grey...

Though... I really really don't like Cersei and Jeoffrey... or Walder Frey...

Yeah, I meant Cersei. I feel sorry for the other one. Those dragon eggs look interesting though.
Come to think of it, though nowhere neat Cersei level, I don't like Joffrey either, little punk should get the shit beat out of him.

What do you mean that it's shades of gray? Looks pretty much black and white to me. :lol

TheTruth
04-25-2011, 06:47 PM
THE RED WEDDING!

Whoops, wrong season.

ManuBalboa
04-25-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure if I should pick up the audio books or just sit back and enjoy the tv show.

Sec24Row7
04-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I meant Cersei. I feel sorry for the other one. Those dragon eggs look interesting though.
Come to think of it, though nowhere neat Cersei level, I don't like Joffrey either, little punk should get the shit beat out of him.

What do you mean that it's shades of gray? Looks pretty much black and white to me. :lol

Is Robert good or bad?

Jaime? Tyrion? Arya? Peter Baeilish? Varys? Daenareys? Jon? It looks black and white right now... It's not... People that are "good" can do really evil things to their enemies, and people that are "bad" can love and be heroes.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-26-2011, 09:08 PM
I like it.

But it gets annoying how HBO keeps pulling the True Blood card on every show it develops these days....

For those that missed out on it, in the first episode there were titties floppying and bouncing around in like every other scene, sex constantly...I mean don't get me wrong I like titties as much as the next guy but if I wanna see titties I'll look up some real porn.

In the first episode we had a brother buttfucking his sister in a tower, fully clothed, some nubile blonde getting raped doggystyle on a bunch of rocks near the beach, and other randomly assorted sex acts that were also over the top.

IronMaxipad
04-26-2011, 09:11 PM
There's not enough sex scenes, tbh.

IronMaxipad
04-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Needs more of this:

http://cdn04.cdn.egotastic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/emilia-clarke-nude-game-of-thrones-LB-cnvs.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
04-26-2011, 09:16 PM
She's pretty hot I get it.

BTW anyone who knows of a way to watch this ish online can you please PM me

leemajors
04-26-2011, 09:52 PM
I like it.

But it gets annoying how HBO keeps pulling the True Blood card on every show it develops these days....

For those that missed out on it, in the first episode there were titties floppying and bouncing around in like every other scene, sex constantly...I mean don't get me wrong I like titties as much as the next guy but if I wanna see titties I'll look up some real porn.

In the first episode we had a brother buttfucking his sister in a tower, fully clothed, some nubile blonde getting raped doggystyle on a bunch of rocks near the beach, and other randomly assorted sex acts that were also over the top.

Except that's how the books are, they aren't pulling anything.

TheTruth
04-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Except that's how the books are, they aren't pulling anything.

Exactly. If anything, the Books are more racy.

Sec24Row7
04-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Exactly. If anything, the Books are more racy.

Exactly...

In the Books Daenareys is 14.

In the first episode with Maester Pizell comes into to Ned and Catelyn's room to give them the letter from Cate's sister Lisa Arryn telling them of John Arryn (old hand of the king)'s death... and they are fully clothed... in the book he has just rolled off and they are both walking around the room completely naked.

leemajors
04-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Dance with Dragons is officially done, folks:

http://sf-fantasy.suvudu.com/2011/04/yes-it-is-done-really.html

TheTruth
04-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Exactly...

In the Books Daenareys is 14.

In the first episode with Maester Pizell comes into to Ned and Catelyn's room to give them the letter from Cate's sister Lisa Arryn telling them of John Arryn (old hand of the king)'s death... and they are fully clothed... in the book he has just rolled off and they are both walking around the room completely naked.

Did you geek out that the Lannister breakfast scene was a word for word copy of the book's monologue? Or was that just me?

ManuBalboa
04-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Just started the audio book.

Sec24Row7
04-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Did you geek out that the Lannister breakfast scene was a word for word copy of the book's monologue? Or was that just me?

I geek out every time I see Peter dinkleage as Tyrion... He is perfect.

The dogs have done better as dire wolves than I thought they would too... Hope they do ghost justice soon... They need to get a lot bigger.

TheTruth
04-29-2011, 06:37 AM
I geek out every time I see Peter dinkleage as Tyrion... He is perfect.

The dogs have done better as dire wolves than I thought they would too... Hope they do ghost justice soon... They need to get a lot bigger.

I still don't see any way they get as big as the need to get without CGI. The dogs have been prefect so far (aside from the very brief glimses of ghost we are getting), but they are gonna have to be massive very soon.

ManuBalboa
05-02-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm rushing to get through with the audio books. They are making it A LOT easier to follow the tv show. There are so many names it is hard to follow for someone not familiar with the books. I love this show and the books really help fill in the detailed gaps in the tv dialogue that one would miss without such knowledge.

mFFL03
05-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Cant_be_fad did you get hooked up or no?

TheTruth
05-04-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm rushing to get through with the audio books. They are making it A LOT easier to follow the tv show. There are so many names it is hard to follow for someone not familiar with the books. I love this show and the books really help fill in the detailed gaps in the tv dialogue that one would miss without such knowledge.

Another really easy thing to do if you do get behind on the reading, is to go to the Game of Thrones wiki page. Type in a characters name that you aren't sure of you get his entire backstory. I've read the books mulitple times and I still need a refresher every now and then.

Sec24Row7
05-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Anyone still watching the series that hasn't read the books? What do you think?

Death In June
05-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Best episode of the season so far. Was rooting for Stark to kill the Lanaster.

ManuBalboa
05-16-2011, 09:36 AM
The series was much more enjoyable before I started listening to the audio books lol. I'm up to ch. 47/72. Still love the show though.

Sec24Row7
05-23-2011, 10:08 PM
manubalboa, did you finish?

Technique
05-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Best episode of the season was last night. Pretty epic. Can't wait for the war between the Starks and Lanasters, I hope the King's false son ends up dead somehow, kids a douche anyway. Happy Dany's brother finally got killed, dude was just retarded.

Needs more episodes of Jon Snow though, my favorite character on this show.

phyzik
05-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Best episode of the season was last night. Pretty epic. Can't wait for the war between the Starks and Lanasters, I hope the King's false son ends up dead somehow, kids a douche anyway. Happy Dany's brother finally got killed, dude was just retarded.

Needs more episodes of Jon Snow though, my favorite character on this show.

Jon remains a great character throughout the books but Jaime Lannister ends up being a far more interesting character as the books progress IMHO.

Those that haven't read the books, keep hope that the TV series stays active so you can see how things pan out (at least its guaranteed another season already).... You think its a "Game of Thrones" now, you have no idea what your in for....

I find myself fidgeting in my seat trying to hold back from spoiling it for my friends that are watching the show. In a way though, its satisfying to me seeing a scene played out visually that I played out in my head when reading. Some of it is close to what I imagined, but a lot of it gives a fresh prospective on the characters involved and such.

The books are much better though, as is pretty much always the case and thats not the shows fault at all. Its just inherent that you cant cram pages and pages of a characters personal thoughts into a TV show thats an hour long and expect to keep it interesting.

For instance, when Bran takes off on his horse alone and is attacked by those Wildlings, his wolf (or his brothers, cant remember) fucks them up bad in the books, but yet there was no sign of it in the TV scene. That was disappointing. Also, there where some key internal thoughts from each character that could not really be conveyed visually.

I'd venture to guess that those of you who have not read the books would appreciate it even more if you did read them after the series, or as the series continues.... It would give you a different type of understanding than those of us who have already read the books and already understand the basics of whats going on and whats to come.

MannyIsGod
05-24-2011, 03:50 AM
Best fucking death scene ever. Here bitch, have a crown!

leemajors
05-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Tyrion's speech in front of the open gate was much funnier than in the books. good stuff! they did a good job on the crowning too, tho the gold sure did melt down fast haha.

ManuBalboa
05-24-2011, 09:03 AM
I finally finished the audio book of Game of Thrones. I must say, I am not looking forward to the end of book 1 on the tv screen because of who gets killed :(

I just started Clash of Kings. Can't wait to see/hear what happens with my boy Jon Snow.

Also, I am kind of disappointed the TV Show keeps shying away from showcasing the Dire Wolves. Like said above, they didn't even showcase them in the woods when Grey Wind saves Bran/Robert. They also didn't even put them in the scene when Tyrion returns to Winterfell and is confronted by a pissed off Robert. They should also be a lot bigger by now I thought, but I guess they are wanting to stay away from CGI for as long as possible.

Next week's episode has already been leaked btw. It is downright epic.

TheTruth
05-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Every big moment from the book has been done fantastically on the TV.

Cane
05-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Never read the books but I have seen all the episodes so far. Fantastic yet graphic entertainment. The characters, action scenes, plot twists, and overall story is worth your time and its on track to becoming one of HBO's best series.

MannyIsGod
05-24-2011, 12:32 PM
I finally finished the audio book of Game of Thrones. I must say, I am not looking forward to the end of book 1 on the tv screen because of who gets killed :(

I just started Clash of Kings. Can't wait to see/hear what happens with my boy Jon Snow.

Also, I am kind of disappointed the TV Show keeps shying away from showcasing the Dire Wolves. Like said above, they didn't even showcase them in the woods when Grey Wind saves Bran/Robert. They also didn't even put them in the scene when Tyrion returns to Winterfell and is confronted by a pissed off Robert. They should also be a lot bigger by now I thought, but I guess they are wanting to stay away from CGI for as long as possible.

Next week's episode has already been leaked btw. It is downright epic.

HBO released it on their website HBOGO in order to promote it. I've been debating watching it but since I'll be out of town this weekend I probably will just open it up in a bit.

Sec24Row7
05-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Hopefully after the season ends there will be an increase in readership of the book series... the latest installment comes out july 12.

MannyIsGod
05-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Well, episode 7 is fucking amazing.

TheTruth
05-25-2011, 06:04 AM
Hopefully after the season ends there will be an increase in readership of the book series... the latest installment comes out july 12.

Book 1 has already had a big time bump in sales. Hard to believe, but it just barely hit the NY Times bestseller list for the first time. A fucking shame if you ask me.

Yes, the HBOGo early preview episode was fucking nuts. Best one so far. Khal Drogo had me in goosebumps.

MannyIsGod
05-25-2011, 07:55 AM
The only thing that sucks is that you know this is mostly the groundwork for season 2. Bad ass groundwork, but it we won't see what happens for a year.

ManuBalboa
05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Word. Seeing Khal Drogo give the pre-game speech was epic. Sucks what will happen though. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sec24Row7
05-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Well, episode 7 is fucking amazing.

Manny... you need to read the series... it's a lot better... the fact that the series is so good... is a testament to just how freaking amazing the books are.

The first season isn't just groundwork... the series is a slow build... but as one door closes another opens... and lots close and open throughout... what Martin does... is make you absolutely fall in love or hate characters... then put them through trying situations that make you laugh, cry... or change your mind about a character entirely. He's an amazing author... you saw what he thinks about chivalry on a micro scale in episode 6 during the trial by combat.

Manubalboa... shhhh!!! lol

MannyIsGod
05-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah I'm actually listening to the GOT audiobook right now. I think Jess has all of the books so I need to ask her. I know exactly what you guys are talking about because she accidently let the spoiler out.

MannyIsGod
05-25-2011, 07:18 PM
Apparently Martin lives in our town. Gotta be on the lookout for him. Lots of Authors live in this area.

DieMrBond
05-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Book 1 has already had a big time bump in sales. Hard to believe, but it just barely hit the NY Times bestseller list for the first time. A fucking shame if you ask me.

Going on an International Holiday, so havent been able to buy these books yet - but went to the library to rent them... bloody things are missing from them all! IN AUSTRALIA.

DPG21920
05-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Can this be watched online. I literally don't watch any TV shows. All I watch is sports. However, this sounds pretty cool so I would like to watch and I don't have HBO. I have NETFLIX Streaming though...

NASpurs
05-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Can this be watched online. I literally don't watch any TV shows. All I watch is sports. However, this sounds pretty cool so I would like to watch and I don't have HBO. I have NETFLIX Streaming though...

Get icefilms (http://www.icefilms.info/index) working on your comp and you're golden.

DPG21920
05-25-2011, 08:12 PM
I want something legal :lol

NASpurs
05-25-2011, 08:18 PM
I want something legal :lol

I thought so but I wasn't sure. :lol

I think the only way to actually watch HBO online legally is to actually have HBO at home and go through here

http://www.hbo.com/#/explore-hbo/hbo-go.html

DPG21920
05-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Thanks, I'll just wait and see if I can catch it later.

Death In June
05-26-2011, 02:07 AM
Great episode. Got nothing to watch this Sunday though. Does anyone know if each season is supposed to be a single book?

ManuBalboa
05-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I can't even comprehend how a guy like Martin must think. I have a good imagination, but it is wild listening to a story playout that originated in his mind. I don't read much, but listening to the unabridged audio books is extremely enjoyable and relaxing. It is so easy to create a vivid picture in my mind as I listen/read his descriptions of everything.

The only books I bothered actually reading as a kid were Tolkein, cliff notes for everything else (Honors/AP Student throughout, lol public education), and I must say that I am enjoying Martin's work a lot more.

TheTruth
05-27-2011, 05:43 AM
Great episode. Got nothing to watch this Sunday though. Does anyone know if each season is supposed to be a single book?

Yeah, they are going to be each off of 1 single book. Thankfully, the books start hitting the 1000+ mark. So, there will be plenty of material.

Sec24Row7
05-27-2011, 07:46 AM
The next 4 episodes should be 3 times as good as the first 4.

Technique
05-27-2011, 09:01 PM
So I just spoiled the entire series and books by looking through each and every character via http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page.

Pretty disappointing overall with what they've done with all of the characters, especially Ned.

Series is still interesting though with how they're going play everything out, I wonder if they're going to stick to the novels with the death of key characters, or make them survive for the sake of the series.

MannyIsGod
05-27-2011, 09:15 PM
I didn't think you could reach a new level of fail and you just did. You should edit your post.

Pistons < Spurs
05-29-2011, 09:07 PM
WOW. Great episode!

leemajors
05-30-2011, 08:33 AM
That was awesome.

Oh, Gee!!
05-30-2011, 10:27 PM
best thing on TV right now. this show rivals (and may yet surpass) the Sopranos and the Wire, and that is saying a lot in my opinion.

leemajors
05-31-2011, 07:18 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll5vzpJlJu1qjuha7o1_400.png

Cant_Be_Faded
05-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Ned is the biggest fucking dumbass in the history of fantasy books that I've ever read. He pretty much deserves everything that has and will happen to him and his family because of he and his dumbass wife's stupidity. The degree to which he is such a dumbass almost makes the books unbelievable even within the context of fantasy.

I got to catch the last episode, and it was awesome, just sucks that Tyrion was not in it.

phyzik
05-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Ned is the biggest fucking dumbass in the history of fantasy books that I've ever read. He pretty much deserves everything that has and will happen to him and his family because of he and his dumbass wife's stupidity. The degree to which he is such a dumbass almost makes the books unbelievable even within the context of fantasy.

I got to catch the last episode, and it was awesome, just sucks that Tyrion was not in it.

Tyrion will soon have one of his "moments". Might take a few episodes, but its coming.

Technique
05-31-2011, 10:28 PM

He's not a dumbass at all actually. The game of thrones is for schemers and backstabbers, he's neither. He acknowledges it himself that he's not good with all the politics, and would rather keep to his family, and his realm in the north. That's why he was reluctant to be Robert's right hand man in the first place, and eager to go back.

Ned is proud, loyal and stubborn. He's also perhaps the last true honorable man left in the 7 kingdoms.

He was definitely outmatched in scheming when he went up against the Lannisters, that's just what they do, they're second to none when it comes to backstabbing.

That's why I prefer the Starks.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-31-2011, 11:31 PM
He's not a dumbass at all actually. The game of thrones is for schemers and backstabbers, he's neither. He acknowledges it himself that he's not good with all the politics, and would rather keep to his family, and his realm in the north. That's why he was reluctant to be Robert's right hand man in the first place, and eager to go back.

Ned is proud, loyal and stubborn. He's also perhaps the last true honorable man left in the 7 kingdoms.

He was definitely outmatched in scheming when he went up against the Lannisters, that's just what they do, they're second to none when it comes to backstabbing.

That's why I prefer the Starks.

He acknowledges he's not good at politics but he's not a dumbass at all?

He listens to his stupid bitch wife to take the hand of the king position because of her reservations about staying but he's not a dumbass at all?

His pride has got him totally fucked over every step of the way, and the principles and pride that he taught his children has almost completely fucked them over and he's not a dumbass at all?

Admittedly, I'm only in the middle of book 3, but so far, I'm laughing over and over again at what happens to the Starks. They deserve it for being so god damned stupid.

Also on a side note, Sansa Stark is the most vacuous, creme de la creme stupid character ever given this much face time in a fantasy book I've ever experienced. Though I'm sure further down the series she will do something really amazing to vindicate herself. :pimpslap

Danny's parts in book 1 and 2 can honestly be completely completely skipped by anyone wishing to read these books fast. They're worthless. It's only in comparison to the boringness of Danny's chapters that Sansa's are entertaining.

Other than that it's been a cool series. The Starks are just this total joke of a great family that you are blown away by, wondering how they got where they got by being so utterly stupid.

Sec24Row7
05-31-2011, 11:40 PM
He acknowledges he's not good at politics but he's not a dumbass at all?

He listens to his stupid bitch wife to take the hand of the king position because of her reservations about staying but he's not a dumbass at all?

His pride has got him totally fucked over every step of the way, and the principles and pride that he taught his children has almost completely fucked them over and he's not a dumbass at all?

Admittedly, I'm only in the middle of book 3, but so far, I'm laughing over and over again at what happens to the Starks. They deserve it for being so god damned stupid.

Also on a side note, Sansa Stark is the most vacuous, creme de la creme stupid character ever given this much face time in a fantasy book I've ever experienced. Though I'm sure further down the series she will do something really amazing to vindicate herself. :pimpslap

Danny's parts in book 1 and 2 can honestly be completely completely skipped by anyone wishing to read these books fast. They're worthless. It's only in comparison to the boringness of Danny's chapters that Sansa's are entertaining.

Other than that it's been a cool series. The Starks are just this total joke of a great family that you are blown away by, wondering how they got where they got by being so utterly stupid.

Sansa sucks.

Other than that everything else you said was stupid.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah you're right. Honor and Pride before all else, especially at the cost of your family's life and your own :rolleyes

Sec24Row7
06-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Ned doesn't put honor before the life of his family. He compromises it at least twice. You need more reading comprehension. But enough about things in the books that haven't been on screen yet.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Yeah, you totally totally got me.

He told Cersei about his intent to tell Robert of Joffrey's true father, told her to go far far away, gave her time to plot and scheme, because he's smart. Because he doesn't put honor before the life of his family.

Reading comprehension much? Dost thou possess eyes? Cuz even on the show, that just happened.

He trusted little finger for no true concrete reason. But I'm stupid for saying that decision was stupid.

You call me stupid for calling Ned the stupidest character possible.
Tell me one thing he's done that is smart.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-01-2011, 12:08 AM
He goes out of his way to ignore the advice of Little Finger and Renly, whose plans made far more logical and practical sense than his.

He wants Stannis as the king's Heir while simultaneously admitting Stannis would be a bad king.

Please please endow me with your higher reading comprehension.

He's a fucking idiot.

Sec24Row7
06-01-2011, 12:20 AM
One thing he has done that is smart?

Hrrrm... he lets Arya train with Syrio.

He protects his children at the expense of his honor... Especially Jon.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-01-2011, 12:24 AM
One thing he has done that is smart?

Hrrrm... he lets Arya train with Syrio.

He protects his children at the expense of his honor... Especially Jon.

Yeah he really protected his daughters at the expense of his honor when he told Cersei exactly what it was that he found out about her children, and his intent to tell the King. He really protected his daughters when he trusted someone who explicitly told Ned he was not to be trusted.
But my reading comprehension sucks.

You're right, Ned is not stupid.

Sec24Row7
06-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Shrug... Cersei was loaded for bear even before he told her he knew... (which she knew already.)

Being honorable isn't stupid.... and don't forget that he would have gotten out if not for Sansa.

ManuBalboa
06-01-2011, 04:01 AM
I'm about 9 hours into Clash Of Kings. So far it is pretty boring. I'm hoping Jon Snow, Arya, and Danny all team up and rape the 7 Kingdoms.

Spolier:

I'm so bummed my boy Sean Bean is only going to be in the first season.

MannyIsGod
06-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I don't know if you guys realize it but your spoilers are clear as all the other text on this page.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-05-2011, 11:49 PM
crofl

ManuBalboa
06-06-2011, 12:01 AM
I can't wait until Jon Snow turns into the dragon.

eisfeld
06-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Yeah, you totally totally got me.

He told Cersei about his intent to tell Robert of Joffrey's true father, told her to go far far away, gave her time to plot and scheme, because he's smart. Because he doesn't put honor before the life of his family.

Reading comprehension much? Dost thou possess eyes? Cuz even on the show, that just happened.

He trusted little finger for no true concrete reason. But I'm stupid for saying that decision was stupid.

You call me stupid for calling Ned the stupidest character possible.
Tell me one thing he's done that is smart.

If you re-read the parts you mentioned and leave aside the knowledge you have of the outcome most of his choices seem reasonable. Other decision would have an obvious worse outcome...

- Siding with Stannis would assure that kingdom won't be scattered so badly.
- Telling Cersei was the only option - Robert would not have trusted him (see the incident with Arya, Sansa and Joffrey) and he couldn't kill her because Robert was still alive then.
- Taking the position as the Hand: Had he denied it, it would have been Jaime Lannister

The only foolish thing he did was to trust Littlefinger, a person who is in love with his wife...

Katelyn on the other hand made some foolish decisions.

coyotes_geek
06-06-2011, 12:31 PM
- Telling Cersei was the only option - Robert would not have trusted him (see the incident with Arya, Sansa and Joffrey) and he couldn't kill her because Robert was still alive then.

I haven't read the book so I've only got what's been shown on TV to go off of, but I'm having a hard time seeing how telling Cersei was anything short of idiotic. Instead of going straight to his friend Robert, Ned goes to Cersei who he suspects tried to kill his son & wife?

And where are you getting that Robert wouldn't have trusted Ned? Robert loved Ned's sister, told Ned that he was the only one he could trust to be HOTK, Robert mocks the Lannisters all the time and the incident with Arya/Sansa/Joffrey ended with Robert showing disgust that Joffrey got disarmed by Arya.

eisfeld
06-06-2011, 04:25 PM
I haven't read the book so I've only got what's been shown on TV to go off of, but I'm having a hard time seeing how telling Cersei was anything short of idiotic. Instead of going straight to his friend Robert, Ned goes to Cersei who he suspects tried to kill his son & wife?

And where are you getting that Robert wouldn't have trusted Ned? Robert loved Ned's sister, told Ned that he was the only one he could trust to be HOTK, Robert mocks the Lannisters all the time and the incident with Arya/Sansa/Joffrey ended with Robert showing disgust that Joffrey got disarmed by Arya.

The problem is Robert is anything but a noble character. Remember the scene where Arya disarmed Joffrey and threw his sword in the river? Cersei summoned Arya, Sansa and Ned. It was word against word - so he couldn't do anything (as it would have been if Ned told Robert about Cerseis betreyal). Sansa lied in this scene and that's why Lady was killed. Hadn't she witnessed what happened the scene might have ended without consequences for anyone.

It would have been Ned's word against Cerseis word - in the heart of Kings Landing, far away of the North with Lannisters surrounding him Ned would have had a hard time convincing Robert without real proof. Although a well known secret, Robert would have never stood up for his bastards as it would have meant that they can live at the kings court.

Don't wanna spoil anything - so when you watch season two or read the second book "A clash of Kings" think about Ned telling Cersei instead of Robert and how it would have affected the future events. In retrospective it was a highly political decision, but I could also be biased because I already know what happens afterwards.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-06-2011, 05:36 PM
The problem is Robert is anything but a noble character. Remember the scene where Arya disarmed Joffrey and threw his sword in the river? Cersei summoned Arya, Sansa and Ned. It was word against word - so he couldn't do anything (as it would have been if Ned told Robert about Cerseis betreyal). Sansa lied in this scene and that's why Lady was killed. Hadn't she witnessed what happened the scene might have ended without consequences for anyone.

It would have been Ned's word against Cerseis word - in the heart of Kings Landing, far away of the North with Lannisters surrounding him Ned would have had a hard time convincing Robert without real proof. Although a well known secret, Robert would have never stood up for his bastards as it would have meant that they can live at the kings court.

Don't wanna spoil anything - so when you watch season two or read the second book "A clash of Kings" think about Ned telling Cersei instead of Robert and how it would have affected the future events. In retrospective it was a highly political decision, but I could also be biased because I already know what happens afterwards.
You're missing the point. Who cares about Robert in that point I brought up? Telling Cersei what he was going to do, when he knows how deadly the Lannisters can be is just stupid.
He is as naive as he can possibly be, and his honor makes him even dumber.

Also, to my point, Ned is just flat out stupid/naive to firmly believe Stanis was the answer because "The kingdom would not have been fragmented" or whatever.
That's just pure tomfoolery.
Why would he have thought that? Only because he would naively assume the entire kingdom would follow his code of honor that makes him weak in Kings Landing left and right.

Sec24Row7
06-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Ned told Cersei first because he does not like to see innocents killed for political reasons.

If ned would have told Robert, all 3 of the kids that are the result of the Jaime-Cersei union would have been killed by Robert. Just look at what Robert had Gregor Clegane to Rhegar Targarian's children... they were ripped from their mother's breast kicking and screaming and lanced/had their heads bashed in against a bedpost... Look what Robert is trying to do to Daenerys and her unborn son across the Narrow sea with assassins.

He tells Cersei so she can save her children. He has no idea that she will have Robert killed as a result.... Ned probably suspects she will try to have HIM killed... but not Robert...

His honor makes him at least give her a way out... he is just outplayed... by murder and deceit.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Ned was definitely stupid.

eisfeld
06-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Ned was definitely stupid.

Stupid in retrospective? Definitely
Stupid by the time he chose what to do? No

By that logic everyone is stupid...

Tyrion for letting Bronn fight for his life.
Bran for climbing the tower.
Robb for trusting Theon.
Cersei for fucking Jaime.
Robert for marrying Cersei.
Katelyn for arresting Tyrion without real proof.

that's called bad decisions not real stupidity.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-08-2011, 12:01 AM
He tells Cersei so she can save her children. He has no idea that she will have Robert killed as a result.... Ned probably suspects she will try to have HIM killed... but not Robert...

Cersei had already told the squire to shove super alcohol content wine down Robert's throat prior to Ned telling her he knew about the children.

Saving the children was even more universally stupid. Again, especially in the exact same conversation that fucking bitch Cersei is telling you that you either win or die.
Pure naivete.

Good riddance to Ned. In fact, only Arya and John deserve a decent fate out of the entire Stark clan. Although it seems like Ned will probably be the only character in the series who receives what he deserves.

TheTruth
06-08-2011, 06:06 AM
You're missing the point. Who cares about Robert in that point I brought up? Telling Cersei what he was going to do, when he knows how deadly the Lannisters can be is just stupid.
He is as naive as he can possibly be, and his honor makes him even dumber.

Also, to my point, Ned is just flat out stupid/naive to firmly believe Stanis was the answer because "The kingdom would not have been fragmented" or whatever.
That's just pure tomfoolery.
Why would he have thought that? Only because he would naively assume the entire kingdom would follow his code of honor that makes him weak in Kings Landing left and right.

Ned couldn't handle playing the Game of Thrones. Went to a gun fight carrying his sword. Naive = Dumb, and he's gonna end up paying dearly for it. Every move he's made since he got to Kings Landing has been the wrong one. Going to Blacksmith's personally, trusting Littlefinger, telling Cersei, trusting the City Guard.

TheTruth
06-08-2011, 06:07 AM
Ned couldn't handle playing the Game of Thrones. Went to a gun fight carrying his sword. Naive = Dumb, and he's gonna end up paying dearly for it. Every move he's made since he got to Kings Landing has been the wrong one. Going to Blacksmith's personally, trusting Littlefinger, telling Cersei, trusting the City Guard.

There is a whole lot of suffering for every Stark member in these books.

MannyIsGod
06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Shit just got real

scott
06-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, you know a series is legit when they kill off all the main characters.

MannyIsGod
06-12-2011, 09:07 PM
I knew it was coming and it was still fucking good.

BTW, CBF did you hear that they'll be doing American Gods on HBO next?

scott
06-12-2011, 09:12 PM
I'd never read the books (or even heard of them) before the show started. In fact, I spent the first 30 minutes of the first episode thinking to myself "I don't remember any of this from european history..." so it's all new to me. Pretty badass, I'm sad the season is ending already.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2011, 10:01 PM
There is a whole lot of suffering for every Stark member in these books.

And they deserve it for their stupid ass decisions. Every bit of it.

In fact, as of just finishing book 3, the Starks are the only people in the whole story who consistently get what they deserve.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I knew it was coming and it was still fucking good.

BTW, CBF did you hear that they'll be doing American Gods on HBO next?

No I have not. The first googling I do mentions Tom Hanks. Sure hope he is not an actor in this. Can't fucking wait, that will be bad ass.

MannyIsGod
06-12-2011, 10:28 PM
CBF, whats even better is that Gaihman on his twitter said that because its 6 seasons they can't fill it with the one book so he's going to do a sequel. I can't wait for that shit man.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-12-2011, 10:38 PM
CBF, whats even better is that Gaihman on his twitter said that because its 6 seasons they can't fill it with the one book so he's going to do a sequel. I can't wait for that shit man.

Pre-signing a show to 6 seasons? Is this gamechanging? I've never heard of such a thing.

Even if we say American Gods is 3 seasons, that's approx 30 episodes for that one book... That still seems like kind of a stretch. I really liked the book, but always found the climax kind of lacking....I dunno how well that will go over on screen.

I've been meaning to re-read the book, it's been a long ass time since I last read it.
The fact that there is a sequel book coming pretty much forces me to read it again.

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Never read the books, but HBO has killed it with this series! Awesome show. Part of me wants to now grab the books, but I'm almost afraid that will ruin the following season for me.

MannyIsGod
06-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Pre-signing a show to 6 seasons? Is this gamechanging? I've never heard of such a thing.

Even if we say American Gods is 3 seasons, that's approx 30 episodes for that one book... That still seems like kind of a stretch. I really liked the book, but always found the climax kind of lacking....I dunno how well that will go over on screen.

I've been meaning to re-read the book, it's been a long ass time since I last read it.
The fact that there is a sequel book coming pretty much forces me to read it again.

Depends on how they do it. Because of the universe he "created" with that book you could have the main story line but you could also explore stories of all the gods in the series. I think I'm going to reread it too.

ManuBalboa
06-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Game of Thrones the tv series was a lot more enjoyable before I started listening to the audio books. Still great though.

The very last scene of the First Season should be great, so I wouldn't start reading the books until you see it on tv if you haven't started reading yet.

leemajors
06-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Depends on how they do it. Because of the universe he "created" with that book you could have the main story line but you could also explore stories of all the gods in the series. I think I'm going to reread it too.

http://twitter.com/#!/neilhimself/statuses/80090403319197696

@neilhimself
Neil Gaiman
And for those asking, No, 6 years of AMERICAN GODS on TV doesn't mean just the 1st book. It means I need to write the 2nd now, for a start.

coyotes_geek
06-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Great episode last night. I feel bad for Ned, but what he got was of his own doing. That said, Joffrey sure is a little shit. Seeing this over and over makes me feel better though. :)

http://oi56.tinypic.com/qqvol0.jpg

Reggie Williams
06-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Cant Be Faded, you are a fucking faggot

sinok
06-14-2011, 05:59 AM
And Shae is quite hot (by the way she was a german porn star at the beginning of her career, then switched to standard acting some years ago)

leemajors
06-20-2011, 11:18 AM
That was impressive.

tlongII
06-20-2011, 11:21 AM
I watched the last 15 minutes of the final episode. That's all I've seen of the series. I'm lost. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Well of course you're lost. You saw 15 minutes of a story thats been told over 10 hours. I mean I'm shocked you don't know everything that is going on.

BTW I'm kinda pissed about Drogo. Dude was awesome.

Pistons < Spurs
06-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Was I the only one who was a bit underwhelmed by last nights episode?

MannyIsGod
06-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Nah I was too. It was fairly slow for the most part but thats understandable considering the past few episodes and the seasons climax the week before. I thought it was all important info for the story and the last 5 minutes were fairly fucking awesome but otherwise it was a bit slower than we've been accustomed to.

coyotes_geek
06-20-2011, 03:24 PM

No, but with so many characters they had a shitload of cliffhangers that needed to be set up. With only an hour to do it all in, that's not a lot of time left for a bunch of action.

NASpurs
06-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Next episode/season is going to be Spring of 2012.

I'm going to start reading the books. I don't think I can wait that long.

NASpurs
06-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Quick question for whoever knows: is GoT better than Spartacus or is it a oranges/apples comparison? I love GoT and want some kind of fix in between seasons.

leemajors
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Quick question for whoever knows: is GoT better than Spartacus or is it a oranges/apples comparison? I love GoT and want some kind of fix in between seasons.

Apples and oranges. Spartacus was awesome once i got over the CGI blood, bot series are very entertaining.

Spurminator
06-20-2011, 04:57 PM
I opted for AMC's The Killing over this show. That was a mistake.

Bittorrent, here I come...

NASpurs
06-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Apples and oranges. Spartacus was awesome once i got over the CGI blood, bot series are very entertaining.

Entertaining is always good. I'll give it a shot. :toast

I opted for AMC's The Killing over this show. That was a mistake.

Bittorrent, here I come...

Get icefilms (http://www.icefilms.info/index) working on your comp and you're golden.

MannyIsGod
06-20-2011, 05:14 PM
If you have HBO just on demand that shit. Otherwise yeah, I'd torrent it.

CuckingFunt
06-20-2011, 05:16 PM
If you have HBO just on demand that shit. Otherwise yeah, I'd torrent it.

Or HBO Go.

Pistons < Spurs
06-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Just went out to get book 2, Clash of Kings!

MannyIsGod
06-20-2011, 05:21 PM
I have the first audiobook and I need to finish it. I'm decidedly torn about going ahead and reading the books before the next season or being patient and letting it play out.

Trill Clinton
06-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Amazing show...I'm with the poster who said they're going to read the books. I don't know if I can wait that long.

Off-topic: Khaleesi looks good naked.

tlongII
06-20-2011, 05:38 PM
I have to give that 15 minutes I saw a thumbs up for the boobage. :tu

Sec24Row7
06-20-2011, 10:18 PM
I don't think they could have done much better...(except maybe on the dire wolves) Love the show... The books are better though... I think this show is just going to build as people with a year to wait until season 2 pick up the books... And become avid shameless promoters like so many others that have read them.

phyzik
06-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Amazing show...I'm with the poster who said they're going to read the books. I don't know if I can wait that long.

Off-topic: Khaleesi looks good naked.

I'll agree the actress is hot, but I hope you realize the character she plays is supposed to be like 13 or 14 yrs old.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2011, 12:01 AM
owf6D2vfZqM

LLOL

TheTruth
06-25-2011, 11:37 AM

They really did follow "The Wire" formula. A slow build through the first 3 to 4 episodes to set up all the major characters. A freaking sprint through episodes 5 to 9, and a slow down episode 10 that sets things up for the next season. All we were missing was a musical montage to end the season.

TheTruth
06-25-2011, 11:39 AM
I'll agree the actress is hot, but I hope you realize the character she plays is supposed to be like 13 or 14 yrs old.

She was aged up to 16 for the show. Legal in some parts.

Sec24Row7
06-25-2011, 11:44 AM
owf6D2vfZqM

LLOL

Ya I saw that... freaking hilarious... Sean Bean actually commented on that video in an interview... haha

TheTruth
06-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I have the first audiobook and I need to finish it. I'm decidedly torn about going ahead and reading the books before the next season or being patient and letting it play out.

I don't think I would have enjoyed the season any more by not having read the books. In fact, catching all the little things that they included from the books (Hodor's giant cock) was one of the best things about the series.

Pistons < Spurs
06-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Almost done reading Clash of Kings. Great freaking series. Don't know how or why I never came across it, or the author, before.

It's pretty cool reading the book after watching season 1. I now have faces and places to mentally attach to the characters and locations as I read it.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-25-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't think I would have enjoyed the season any more by not having read the books. In fact, catching all the little things that they included from the books (Hodor's giant cock) was one of the best things about the series.

they talked about hodor's dick in book 1 wtf

TheTruth
06-26-2011, 12:35 PM
they talked about hodor's dick in book 1 wtf

Exact same scene as the show. Osha and Bran are at the Godswood and Hodor shows up and Osha makes the remark about him being part Giant while staring at his cock. Hilarious in both the book and the show.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2011, 01:24 PM
It's funny how thats a moment of the book that sticks out to you

I been listening to them at work so I must have completely missed the innuendo. I remember Osha saying he was part giant and took it literally I guess.

No wonder Bran likes Hodor so much

ABDENOUR POWER
06-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Almost done reading Clash of Kings. Great freaking series. Don't know how or why I never came across it, or the author, before.

It's pretty cool reading the book after watching season 1. I now have faces and places to mentally attach to the characters and locations as I read it.

Start with book 1, I'm telling you! The first few are just so damn good.

I'm glad the show has brought the series to the attention to so many new fans. I read the books a few years ago, but didn't end up finishing the last one because I could barely handle how Martin treats his characters.

The start of the show renewed my interest, though, and I have since re-read the third, and finished the fourth book. The series is not for the faint of heart, and sometimes the sexual content is pretty cheesy, but the overall story is utterly brilliant and completely unpredictable.

Can't wait for the release of A Dance With Dragons, it has been a long wait. I've only managed to see one or two episodes of the HBO series, so it looks like I'll probably fill my time with that while I wait for the next installment.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2011, 09:16 PM
HBO is showing the first 3 episodes right now, back to back to back.

tlongII
06-28-2011, 10:05 PM
I got all caught up via On Demand. Good shit! :tu

Cant_Be_Faded
06-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Just finished book 4. I am convinced at the time book 4 was published that this Martin guy has absolutely no clue or inkling as to how he's going to wrap this story up. Either he's going to croak while he's working on another sequel or the resolution is gonna suck.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Jamie Lannister is the shit.

chrismengeu
07-01-2011, 08:58 AM
if any of you want to watch in online free and in good quality go to this site and download the program http://www.funshion.com/download?alliance_id=59562

then just search for Game of Thrones and enjoy

disclaimer its all in Chinese

chrismengeu
07-01-2011, 08:59 AM
oh sorry the program to watch it is in Chinese but the show itself is in English and high quality

Pistons < Spurs
07-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Book 3 was great (best yet by far). Cant wait to grab the next one.

I don't want to give anything away, but soooooo many unexpected and surprising twists....

ABDENOUR POWER
07-12-2011, 10:15 PM

I don't want to give anything away, but soooooo many unexpected and surprising twists....

A little TOO many unexpected twists for my tastes, if truth be told....Martin is brutal. Crazy good, though. That book was a page turner. The fourth one is a little bit slower, so be warned. A few too many chapters with new characters, but still solid overall.

A Dance With Dragons came out today, and looks like it'll be great....just bought my copy. :toast

Slomo
07-13-2011, 06:07 AM

I started watching the series on HBO because of how nice the production was. Got hooked up in the story so before episode 10 was aired I was reading the book.

I agree book three was the best so far.

I started reading book 5 yesterday (thanks Kindle!) I'm a bit disappointed so far because some chapters are a copy/paste from book 4 - I'm guessing he is recaping the story for those who forgot or never read book 4, but it still frustrates me.

Hopefully I'll get to the interesting bits soon enough.

I loved how unpredictable he's treatment of his main characters is, although to be fair I think I know the direction the story will take - can't wait to see if I'm right (and secretly hoping I'm not).

Sec24Row7
07-13-2011, 08:44 AM
I started watching the series on HBO because of how nice the production was. Got hooked up in the story so before episode 10 was aired I was reading the book.

I agree book three was the best so far.

I started reading book 5 yesterday (thanks Kindle!) I'm a bit disappointed so far because some chapters are a copy/paste from book 4 - I'm guessing he is recaping the story for those who forgot or never read book 4, but it still frustrates me.

Hopefully I'll get to the interesting bits soon enough.

I loved how unpredictable he's treatment of his main characters is, although to be fair I think I know the direction the story will take - can't wait to see if I'm right (and secretly hoping I'm not).

Slomo... are you talking about the 3 chapters at the beginning? Jon/Daenarys/Tyrion? Those have all been released on the website as PART (previews)of book 5.... they were not part of FFC...

Slomo
07-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Slomo... are you talking about the 3 chapters at the beginning? Jon/Daenarys/Tyrion? Those have all been released on the website as PART (previews)of book 5.... they were not part of FFC...

I was not aware they were released on the web, but yes I'm talking about the first chapters. Having read something like 70 pages more from my post I can say it's getting a lot better. The last chapter which was a copy of a chapter from the 4th book was (*** spoiler alert - highlight at your own risk ***) the one about Jon and the story of Sam leaving. But in truth that is only half the chapter it gets better real quick after that.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-13-2011, 11:57 PM
spoiler

The ending to Jon Snow's 2nd chapter in the latest book = pure pure pwnage....I bet even Fluffy would approve of it, despite no descriptive references to giant Hodor cock

Dany's chapters are still fucking boring as a motherfucker, imo her real purpose in this entire series so far is to keep female readers buying books

Cant_Be_Faded
07-14-2011, 12:01 AM
BTW there's this new interview with George RR Martin I read recently that pretty much confirmed that this guy has no clue how he's going to wrap up this shit. Not surprising. But so far the journey has been cool.

Sec24Row7
07-14-2011, 01:16 PM
I was not aware they were released on the web, but yes I'm talking about the first chapters. Having read something like 70 pages more from my post I can say it's getting a lot better. The last chapter which was a copy of a chapter from the 4th book was (*** spoiler alert - highlight at your own risk ***) the one about Jon and the story of Sam leaving. But in truth that is only half the chapter it gets better real quick after that.

Oh yeah... But it's not copy/paste... It's just from his perspective...

Book 5 runs concurrently with book 4 until somewhere towards the end.

Slomo
07-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah... But it's not copy/paste... It's just from his perspective...

Book 5 runs concurrently with book 4 until somewhere towards the end.

The problem I have that there are whole pages where the text is identical. I understand the same event is being described from another perspective but it was ad verbatim.

Anyway minor rant. It gets back on track really quick after that. My only hope is that book six will come soon, because I'll be through with book 5 real fast :lol

Sec24Row7
07-14-2011, 03:33 PM
5 year average between books....

Sense
07-23-2011, 01:55 PM
So I just caught up thanks to icefilms.... I'm loving it... When does the second season air?!

TheTruth
07-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I do approve CBF. Whole Heartedly. I just want Danny to fucking nut up and get her ass HOME!

Cant_Be_Faded
07-23-2011, 04:06 PM
I do approve CBF. Whole Heartedly. I just want Danny to fucking nut up and get her ass HOME!

I'm almost finished with DoD. Seriously, the Dany chapters got good for like the middle, now they're the biggest joke of the entire series bar none.

She's just sitting there saying Oh my children, I have to protect my children. I must go to westeros but I have so many children and mouths to feed. blah blah blah over and over again. It's ridiculous. Almost like Martin was writing her parts just for the sake of writing. To this point in the series, again, theres no reason for that many chapters to be devoted to Dany...her entire role in every book could be condensed to just one book.

Tyrion is so damn funny that he makes up for it though.

TheTruth
07-24-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm almost finished with DoD. Seriously, the Dany chapters got good for like the middle, now they're the biggest joke of the entire series bar none.

She's just sitting there saying Oh my children, I have to protect my children. I must go to westeros but I have so many children and mouths to feed. blah blah blah over and over again. It's ridiculous. Almost like Martin was writing her parts just for the sake of writing. To this point in the series, again, theres no reason for that many chapters to be devoted to Dany...her entire role in every book could be condensed to just one book.

Tyrion is so damn funny that he makes up for it though.

I think the thing that I forget while reading her chapters is that she is supposed to be 15 years old. She's still a Kid. Her last chapter seemed to hint that she realizes now what is important.

I was happiest that they finally gave Selmy some POV chapters. He's by far my favorite character.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 06:21 PM
spoilers

I re-listened to a big part of Game of Thrones and I was still so utterly mindblown by how stupid (and detestable) Caitlin is, and how naive Ned is. Caitlin is no different than Cersei Lannister in terms of her hubris and decision making. Although not nearly as crazy and paranoid.

Caitlin deserved every single thing that happens to her, and I hope she dies for good soon because even from beyond the grave she is such a stupid character.

Sec24Row7
07-24-2011, 08:06 PM
lol...

TheTruth
07-24-2011, 08:07 PM
That's the thing about this series. The "heroes" are the stupidest characters in the series. That's why nothing good ever seems to happen. Probably why it's so fucking awesome.

NASpurs
08-11-2011, 10:04 AM
New cast members for season 2:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/10/game-of-thrones-roose-bolton-cranster/

A few quick updates to the Game of Thrones season two cast (non-fans must be wondering at this point: How many characters does this damn show have??).
British stage and screen actor Michael McElhatton has been (http://grrm.livejournal.com/) cast as Roose Bolton. Robert Pugh (Master & Commander, Robin Hood) has been cast as Craster. And young Hannah Murray (the UK version of Skins) has been cast as Gilly.

Bolton is the stern and sinister Lord of the Dreadfort, a sworn bannerman to Winterfell but his family was once an enemy of the Starks. Craster is a craggy old wildling who lives North of The Wall, but is hospitable to members of the Night’s Watch. Gilly is one of Craster’s wives/daughters (hey, it’s beyond the The Wall, anything goes!).

For those who missed the rest of the season 2 cast, here’s who will play the assassin Jaqen (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/03/game-of-thrones-jaqen/), Theon’s fierce sister (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/02/game-of-thrones-greyjoy-asha/), Stannis and Melisandre (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/19/stannis-melisandre/) and Davos (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/19/liam-cunningham-davos/); here’s who’s cast for Brienne (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/08/brienne-game-of-thrones/) and here’s Margaery Tyrell (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/23/game-of-thrones-casting/).

Cant_Be_Faded
08-11-2011, 10:34 AM

A few quick updates to the Game of Thrones season two cast (non-fans must be wondering at this point: How many characters does this damn show have??).
British stage and screen actor Michael McElhatton has been (http://grrm.livejournal.com/) cast as Roose Bolton. Robert Pugh (Master & Commander, Robin Hood) has been cast as Craster. And young Hannah Murray (the UK version of Skins) has been cast as Gilly.

Bolton is the stern and sinister Lord of the Dreadfort, a sworn bannerman to Winterfell but his family was once an enemy of the Starks. Craster is a craggy old wildling who lives North of The Wall, but is hospitable to members of the Night’s Watch. Gilly is one of Craster’s wives/daughters (hey, it’s beyond the The Wall, anything goes!).

For those who missed the rest of the season 2 cast, here’s who will play the assassin Jaqen (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/03/game-of-thrones-jaqen/), Theon’s fierce sister (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/02/game-of-thrones-greyjoy-asha/), Stannis and Melisandre (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/19/stannis-melisandre/) and Davos (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/19/liam-cunningham-davos/); here’s who’s cast for Brienne (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/08/brienne-game-of-thrones/) and here’s Margaery Tyrell (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/23/game-of-thrones-casting/).

Cant_Be_Faded
08-11-2011, 10:38 AM

daaaaam they cast melissandre perfectly. Can't wait to see that betty in red. knew they wouldn't pick an ugly actress for Brienne

leemajors
08-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Finished DoD yesterday, interesting ending. Here's to another 5+ years I guess.

NASpurs
12-12-2011, 12:27 PM
The dude who plays the prick prince/king looks a lot older (obviously). New season starts in April :depressed

sBrsM_WlfV8

NASpurs
04-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Season premier is tonight.

DesignatedT
04-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Finally.

Sec24Row7
04-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Greywind is big!!! My one big gripe from season 1... fixed...

DesignatedT
04-01-2012, 09:19 PM
good episode :tu

BlairForceDejuan
04-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Its back! Awww skeet skeet son

Sisk
04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
:tu

MannyIsGod
04-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Shit was good.

angelbelow
04-02-2012, 03:17 AM
Not a super exciting first episode but it did its job. Looking forward to next week already.

Sec24Row7
04-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Not a super exciting first episode but it did its job. Looking forward to next week already.

I'm looking forward to more and more magic coming into the series...

Did anyone see Rattleshirt in the teaser?

That costume is awesome!!

Cant_Be_Faded
04-13-2012, 04:24 PM
So. Melissandre......wouldya?

I knew they'd find a way to show her naked, and pleased they did it so soon

vander
04-14-2012, 07:22 PM
series is awesome, I wish I hadn't read the books and discovered that Martin had no idea where he was going with all this and now he's going to die before he ever finishes it...

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Crofl
Funny cuz it's true

BlairForceDejuan
04-15-2012, 06:24 PM
been a long two weeks! not worth watching ep 2 when it was pre-air released.

Best show ever. I got to the third book (audiobook) and fell off once I started reading how it begins to suck like mentioned above. Might pick it up again once tv show amps me back up.

leemajors
04-15-2012, 08:41 PM
series is awesome, I wish I hadn't read the books and discovered that Martin had no idea where he was going with all this and now he's going to die before he ever finishes it...

Why do you read at all when you are obviously not capable of understanding plot points and have to pray to get something shallow?

vander
04-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Why do you read at all when you are obviously not capable of understanding plot points and have to pray to get something shallow?

:lol that's cute that you think they're plot points, and not just someone making it up as he goes along

leemajors
04-16-2012, 08:52 AM
:lol that's cute that you think they're plot points, and not just someone making it up as he goes along

i think that is kinda how the writing process goes.

leemajors
04-16-2012, 08:53 AM
They are starting to stray pretty far from the books at this point.

tlongII
04-16-2012, 10:05 AM
I want to see more dragons.