PDA

View Full Version : Props to George Karl

nkdlunch
04-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Definitely a top 5 coach in the league in the last 15 years

Not many coaches could have integrated an entire new team midseason. He gets my respect. It will be interesting to see how he does in the playofss. IMO his Nuggets will surprise.

People forget Karl has experience facing the Jordan Bulls in the NBA Finals.

Giuseppe
04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I still think he's the consummate loser, Naked. They'd a been better off cleaning house there, him included.

nkdlunch
04-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Then so was Sloan. IMO Phil or Pop would be losers like them too, if they had not been lucky to have Duncan, Shaq, Kobe

Giuseppe
04-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Definitely a top 5 coach in the league in the last 15 years

Not many coaches could have integrated an entire new team midseason. He gets my respect. It will be interesting to see how he does in the playofss. IMO his Nuggets will surprise.

People forget Karl has experience facing the Jordan Bulls in the NBA Finals.

Though:::

12.9 odds of being Champions. That's second in the Western Conference. Third overall.

19.2 for the Lakers.

nkdlunch
04-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Though:::

12.9 odds of being Champions. That's second in the Western Conference. Third overall.

19.2 for the Lakers.

link?

Giuseppe
04-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm ashamed:::it's a Hollinger concoction.

tee, hee.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

nkdlunch
04-05-2011, 02:42 PM
LOL Hollinger

I thought you meant Vegas odds. those are the real ones.

LOL Bulls chances per HOllinger

Giuseppe
04-05-2011, 02:43 PM
LOL Hollinger

I thought you meant Vegas odds. those are the real ones.

LOL Bulls chances per HOllinger

I know. Fun to look at nonetheless.

Sportcamper
04-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Melo dealt the Nuggets a nasty hand….Props to Karl for putting a competitive team together…

Spur-Addict
04-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Interesting Thread.

Not many people give coaches their due. Carl has done a wonderful job indeed. It'll be interesting to see who emerges (If anyone does) as a go to guy consistently in the clutch moments.

They have plenty of pieces that's for sure.

JamStone
04-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Karl is a dumbass. I give way more credit to the players than Karl for playing so great since the trade.

I still remember the story of when Chauncey was first traded to the Nuggets, they were down in a close game and had the ball with a few seconds left to try to win the game. George Karl basically told the team to "wing it." Billups amazed at that called a timeout himself without the coaching staff doing it and told Karl to draw up a play otherwise he (Billups) wouldn't be able to sleep at night if they lost.

Karl is a buffoon who has coached some great players. Plus he's a sympathetic figure because of his illness last year and what he had to go through this season over the Melodrama. And now he's getting some pub for how well the Nuggets have played since the trade. But just a few years ago, a lot of fans were claiming how stupid of a coach he was.

Sportcamper
04-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Come on Jam Stone…Don’t hold back…Tell us how you really feel….:lol

nkdlunch
:rolleyes

If I start listing the dumbass plays that Pop has made throughout the years, I could be here for a few days...

Giuseppe
Karl is a dumbass. I give way more credit to the players than Karl for playing so great since the trade.

I still remember the story of when Chauncey was first traded to the Nuggets, they were down in a close game and had the ball with a few seconds left to try to win the game. George Karl basically told the team to "wing it." Billups amazed at that called a timeout himself without the coaching staff doing it and told Karl to draw up a play otherwise he (Billups) wouldn't be able to sleep at night if they lost.

Karl is a buffoon who has coached some great players. Plus he's a sympathetic figure because of his illness last year and what he had to go through this season over the Melodrama. And now he's getting some pub for how well the Nuggets have played since the trade. But just a few years ago, a lot of fans were claiming how stupid of a coach he was.

In a nutshell:::Karl is the consummate loser, as I said in the second post.

Giuseppe
04-05-2011, 03:21 PM
:rolleyes

If I start listing the dumbass plays that Pop has made throughout the years, I could be here for a few days...

You & The Dumper could get a room together at the Y.

nkdlunch
04-05-2011, 03:22 PM
You & The Dumper could get a room together at the Y.

wanna join us?

Giuseppe
04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
wanna join us?

Only if we dump The Dumper. He's driving me nuts. That SOB.

Spur-Addict
04-05-2011, 03:33 PM
There are many sorts of coaches out there. Some are great with X's and O's, some are great at motivation, and some are great at both. There are a few other intangibles in there, but those are the essentials. For someone to have longevity in this league, they must be doing something right.

Now, I played for a buffon who froze up and forgot every play he installed to our team when I played ball years ago. A man who simply ran pick and roles, and some alley inbound plays. A teammate of mine had to draw the play up in a crucial moment. It's different if a coach decides to not draw a play up as opposed to simply not having a play in the moment to go to.

Long story short, Karl has rebuilded a few teams, and made playoff runs. Every coach is dependent upon the talent of their players, and are fortunate to have such players.

Everybody can't be the big winner.