PDA

View Full Version : Relax, tommorow back to back, short rotation tonight but manana?

Rummpd
04-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Expect Tiago, Neal and other reserves to (hopefully) play minutes tommorow night as Dice may sit more. as well as less minutes for the big three. I also am upset as anyone with Pop going back to the Blair Bonner combo and no minutes for Tiago; but even this inane pairing of Blair and Bonner was not on the floor long when the game was on the line. Pop also hopefully recalls when Tiago and Blair abused the Kings front line a month or so back (the same, Kings front line that has given the Lakers and others trouble at times).

However, with Pop's stubborness and own logic at times, I guess we will never know a priori (and we will just have to accept the irratating Bonner and Blair combo ad nauseum at times for better or worse).

Still a nice win for the Spurs tonight against a dangerous up and down opponent in the Hawks, that still has some talent (but would probably struggle to make the playoffs in the West and certainly would not be a top 5 seed).

Mel_13
04-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Expect Tiago, Neal and other reserves to (hopefully) play minutes tommorow night as Dice may sit more. as well as less minutes for the big three. I also am upset as anyone with Pop going back to the Blair Bonner combo and no minutes for Tiago; but even this inane pairing of Blair and Bonner was not on the floor long when the game was on the line. Pop also hopefully recalls when Tiago and Blair abused the Kings front line a month or so back (the same, Kings front line that has given the Lakers and others trouble at times).

However, with Pop's stubborness and own logic at times, I guess we will never know a priori (and we will just have to accept the irratating Bonner and Blair combo ad nauseum at times for better or worse).

Still a nice win for the Spurs tonight against a dangerous up and down opponent in the Hawks, that still has some talent (but would probably struggle to make the playoffs in the West and certainly would not be a top 5 seed).

I didn't even notice how little PT Neal got tonight. Fewest minutes in the last 25 games.

DMC
04-05-2011, 10:37 PM
They play better at home. I think they will get a lot of playing time tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tim not start, and not come in unless the other guys cannot keep it going (unless Pop doesn't want to mess with the rotation)

celldweller
04-05-2011, 10:50 PM
SPLITTER = DNP for tomorrow, BOOK IT! It's Pop's pay back for the guy with the "FREE TIAGO" sign. :rollin

TD 21
04-06-2011, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if Duncan didn't play altogether, considering how much he played against the Hawks. Particularly in the second half, he played over 19 minutes. A clear indication he's either going to play very little or not at all against the Kings. And if they were considering not playing him at all to begin with, then the Lakers loss had to have clinched that.

Because the West is basically sewn up now and I don't think they'd play Duncan against a bottom feeder on the second night of a back-to-back just to increase their chances of staying one up (down, really) of the Bulls in the loss column. Something tells me that, as much as they'd like to hang on to the top record overall, seeing as how they've had it in their possession for virtually the entire season, I don't think they're overly concerned if the Bulls snag it.

They'd be stupid not to play him, though. They should start him and if they have the game under control, pull him at the under six timeout and don't play him for the remainder of the half (same thing goes for the second half). But at least have him available, in case the game isn't going as planned. Two days off follow the game and they play just one in the next five. If worst comes to worst, he can rest then.

Mugen
04-06-2011, 12:51 AM
i'm sorry, i'm still trying to understand the thread title.

Mel_13
I wouldn't be shocked if Duncan didn't play altogether, considering how much he played against the Hawks. Particularly in the second half, he played over 19 minutes. A clear indication he's either going to play very little or not at all against the Kings. And if they were considering not playing him at all to begin with, then the Lakers loss had to have clinched that.

Because the West is basically sewn up now and I don't think they'd play Duncan against a bottom feeder on the second night of a back-to-back just to increase their chances of staying one up (down, really) of the Bulls in the loss column. Something tells me that, as much as they'd like to hang on to the top record overall, seeing as how they've had it in their possession for virtually the entire season, I don't think they're overly concerned if the Bulls snag it.

They'd be stupid not to play him, though. They should start him and if they have the game under control, pull him at the under six timeout and don't play him for the remainder of the half (same thing goes for the second half). But at least have him available, in case the game isn't going as planned. Two days off follow the game and they play just one in the next five. If worst comes to worst, he can rest then.

I believe that is exactly what they will do.

Sean Cagney
SPLITTER = DNP for tomorrow, BOOK IT! It's Pop's pay back for the guy with the "FREE TIAGO" sign. :rollin

I knew that damn sign would make him angry and he would try to prove otherwise with BONNER! He will play him more I said, and he does.

Rummpd
04-06-2011, 04:58 AM
i'm sorry, i'm still trying to understand the thread title.

It is in code, is Pop screwing up the Tiago Splitter situation again?