PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is not even a top 15 player in this league.

Wildcat67
04-06-2011, 06:35 AM
The dude just ain't that good anymore. How many games shooting under 40%, getting beat to the rim by slow white guys, and blaming your teammates or the refs for everything does it take for people to realize Kobe ain't Kobe of 5 years ago.

Most overrated player in the NBA right now.

Koolaid_Man
04-06-2011, 07:20 AM
I couldn't agree more....now back to my sleep and slumber....

rayjayjohnson
04-06-2011, 07:37 AM
I hate the rapist more than anyone, but this is just more butthurt musings from a stupid spursfan who probably thinks grandpa duncan is an mvp candidate

JamStone
04-06-2011, 09:18 AM
He's probably fallen off some but I still think he's a top 10 player in the league.

His numbers are actually right there with his 2007-08 MVP season except for his three point shooting. He's just averaging 5 fewer minutes. And the Lakers should end up with a similar record as they had in 2008 (57 wins). So while it's probably true he's slowed down, his production is still actually just about as good as it was when he won the MVP.

Bito Corleone
04-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I think it's a good idea for you to stay upstairs until it's time to remove your training wheels.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2011, 09:30 AM
He's in the bottom part of the top 10, at this moment..he's a great playoff performer though, so there's still a very good chance that he elevates his game when it matters..he's been shooting terribly for a while now though, and his D has been mediocre all season long..

His adjusted +/- is -5.5, which is atrocious..one of the only All-Stars in the NBA that has a number deep into the red..this isn't a biased stat against Kobe, btw, he usually finishes 1st on the Lakers in that category..

As I said before the season, LA's only going to win the title this year, if Bynum emerges as a star..so far, he has been LA's most important player, they haven't looked too good when Bynum has been out..

Sportcamper
04-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Kobe has been riding the coat tails of Luke, Slava, DJ, Sasha, Turioff, & now Barnes…Glad somebody has the courage to post the truth….:tu

in2deep
04-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I'd take the following players over Kobe anyday of the week:
- Rose
- Durant
- Wade
- Lebron
- Dwill
- Howard
- CP3

These are comparable level and maybe better:
- Melo
- Dirk
- Parker
- Westbrook

At this point Kobe is 11-15 top NBA player

Reck
04-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Not even top 15? That's just insanity.

Kobe is in the top 10 easily. Dont let your hate for the guy overcome the obvious.

Spur-Addict
04-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah, he's a top ten player without a doubt.

TheMACHINE
04-06-2011, 11:44 AM
- Rose
- Durant
- Wade
- Lebron
- Dwill
- Howard
- CP3

Thats impressive in Kobes part. He still gets compare with all these young guys who joined the league post-2003. What happened to Allen Iverson, Tracy Mcgrady, Vince Carter...all these cats who came in the league in the mid to late 90's who were compared to him. They all rubish!

:toast

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Thats impressive in Kobes part. He still gets compare with all these young guys who joined the league post-2003. What happened to Allen Iverson, Tracy Mcgrady, Vince Carter...all these cats who came in the league in the mid to late 90's who were compared to him. They all rubish!

TheMACHINE

Killakobe81
04-06-2011, 12:22 PM
- Rose
- Durant
- Wade
- Lebron
- Dwill
- Howard
- CP3

These are comparable level and maybe better:
- Melo
- Dirk
- Parker
- Westbrook

Cp3 and Dwill over kobe ... ROFL this is the level of genius i have been missing upstairs?

KillerMamba
04-06-2011, 05:47 PM
All this, and everyone talking crap would jizz in their pants if they acquired him on their team. He raises his level of play in the post-season more than almost everyone else in the league. When it actually matters, he'll hit big shots to crush the other team.

With all of that said, he obviously does have faults that every Lakers fan knows about, namely overshooting and shot selection.

The Gemini Method
04-06-2011, 05:52 PM
I've never got the whole reasoning behind top-___ lists. If you're not the champion/or supposedly no.1 at the end of the day, do you really cherish a mythical list? Like does #6 on the list tell his grandkids that he was considered the 6th best NBA player of all time? I mean, do players really give a damn or a better question is: do fans really give a shit as to where their beloved players are rank or is the championship achievement paramount to individual records.

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
All this, and everyone talking crap would jizz in their pants if they acquired him on their team. He raises his level of play in the post-season more than almost everyone else in the league. When it actually matters, he'll hit big shots to crush the other team.

With all of that said, he obviously does have faults that every Lakers fan knows about, namely overshooting and shot selection.

He ain't perfect. It's always been the bane of his existence. Thank God he's alone in that character trait.

Juggity
04-06-2011, 05:54 PM
When it actually matters, he'll hit big shots to crush the other team.

Kinda like he did at the last possession of the jazz game amirite

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Kinda like he did at the last possession of the jazz game amirite

That's the imperfection I spoke about in my prior post.

Killakobe81
04-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Dude's not perfect not MJ, some (stat lovers) could even argue he is not even as good as Lebron ...even when he was in his prime.

But the guy is the NBa version of "team brings it" ...bad shots clutch or unclutch he go balls out all season long ...except for the lapses on defense nowadays ...LOL

Baseline
04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
The only reason he's still relevant is because - for whatever reason - he has a 100% green light at all times.

In fact, the Lakers win a lot of close games nowadays because his teammates know he'll miss, so they crash the boards like crazy, and get putbacks. Look at the two games the Lakers won at the buzzer in last year's playoffs. In both games, Bryant took the last shot and missed, but Artest got one putback, and Gasol the other.

The one thing you can count on with Bryant is that he'll make the selfsih play. But the Lakers know that, and so all the other four guys have to worry about is hitting the boards. Artest and Fisher are too old and slow to do anything pbut push and grab and slap, so that's what they do. And the 8-footers grab the boards when Bryant clanks jumpers down the stretch.

It's a perfect marriage. Bryant takes all the shots, and the other guys do the dirty work. If they don't do all the dirty work to Bryant's satisfaction, he'll immediately and without a hint of hesitation throw them under the bus.

The guy is literally the worst teammate in the history of sports.

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
The only reason he's still relevant is because - for whatever reason - he has a 100% green light at all times.

In fact, the Lakers win a lot of close games nowadays because his teammates know he'll miss, so they crash the boards like crazy, and get putbacks. Look at the two games the Lakers won at the buzzer in last year's playoffs. In both games, Bryant took the last shot and missed, but Artest got one putback, and Gasol the other.

The one thing you can count on with Bryant is that he'll make the selfsih play. But the Lakers know that, and so all the other four guys have to worry about is hitting the boards. Artest and Fisher are too old and slow to do anything pbut push and grab and slap, so that's what they do. And the 8-footers grab the boards when Bryant clanks jumpers down the stretch.

It's a perfect marriage. Bryant takes all the shots, and the other guys do the dirty work. If they don't do all the dirty work to Bryant's satisfaction, he'll immediately and without a hint of hesitation throw them under the bus.

The guy is literally the worst teammate in the history of sports.

Last season he made those 6 last second shots to win games. Ipso facto:::when Artest used the crown of Pierce's head to sight that 3 pointer, he was standin' in California.

....and now you know...........the rest of the story.

LnGrrrR
04-06-2011, 07:04 PM

It really is a testament to Kobe's work ethic. He puts in the time to stay at the top of his game.

gaKNOW!blee
04-06-2011, 07:09 PM
He's in the bottom part of the top 10, at this moment..he's a great playoff performer though, so there's still a very good chance that he elevates his game when it matters..he's been shooting terribly for a while now though, and his D has been mediocre all season long..

His adjusted +/- is -5.5, which is atrocious..one of the only All-Stars in the NBA that has a number deep into the red..this isn't a biased stat against Kobe, btw, he usually finishes 1st on the Lakers in that category..

As I said before the season, LA's only going to win the title this year, if Bynum emerges as a star..so far, he has been LA's most important player, they haven't looked too good when Bynum has been out..

:lol yeah hes one of the best finals performers of all time

cobbler
04-06-2011, 07:37 PM

Was that right after you said the Heat were going to bulldoze their way through the season and win the title? Who cares what you predict? You haven't been close for the last 3 years. I'm just curious what teams bandwagon you will be jumping on this year to ease your obsession. :lol

cobbler
04-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I've never got the whole reasoning behind top-___ lists. If you're not the champion/or supposedly no.1 at the end of the day, do you really cherish a mythical list? Like does #6 on the list tell his grandkids that he was considered the 6th best NBA player of all time? I mean, do players really give a damn or a better question is: do fans really give a shit as to where their beloved players are rank or is the championship achievement paramount to individual records.

Hell no. It's simply Laker haters thinking they diminish the TEAMS championships because THE PLAYER Kobe had a bad game or two.

cobbler
04-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Dude's not perfect not MJ, some (stat lovers) could even argue he is not even as good as Lebron ...even when he was in his prime.

But the guy is the NBa version of "team brings it" ...bad shots clutch or unclutch he go balls out all season long ...except for the lapses on defense nowadays ...LOL

I love how guys always point out that Kobe playoffs numbers are not all that different than his regular season numbers so he obviously doesnt know how to step up. Reality is, he gives his all, good or bad, throughout the season. He plays through injuries and wont sit at the end of the season because he feels a responsibility to the paying fans. Bottom line... He's a winner and I'm glad he's a Laker

cobbler
04-06-2011, 07:47 PM

8-footers? What a moron.

Giuseppe
04-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Cobbler, our steady hand fixed upon the heart of all Laker's Brothers.

quentin_compson
04-06-2011, 07:55 PM
By the way, Kobe's stats are eerily similar to the guy's who is likely going to win the MVP award this season.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=bryanko01&y1=2011&p2=rosede01&y2=2011

Judging from the couple of games I've seen by Bryant this season, I wouldn't have thought that, to be honest. I had the feeling that he was not having that good a season. But then again, a couple of games just ain't that much.

namlook
04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
The Lakers will threepeat without a top 10 player! That's freaking amazing!