PDA

View Full Version : Mark my words: Neal, Bonner, Blair (entire bench) will suck in the playoffs

Basketball Power
04-06-2011, 10:06 AM
except Hill I really feel our bench is going to lay a massive brick in the playoffs and that means Duncan/Manu/Parker all have to be in the 25+pts range for us to survive. Spiltter won't play a meaningful minute so our D can't be relied on.

ducks
04-06-2011, 10:09 AM
neal will be fine he rested last night to not hit the wall in the playoffs
and their is more rest between games in playoffs

Fpoonsie
04-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Mark my words: In the middle of one of the playoff GDT when our bench is particularly under-performing, someone will chime in with a "Duuuuuude! Remember when 53 posts-having Basketball Power predicted this?!?"

Strategic
04-06-2011, 10:12 AM
You dance with who brung you. These guys have been there all year. I've read a lot of bitching about Blair, Bonner and Hill over the past month. I think they will answer the bell. Hope your wrong.

Mark in Austin
04-06-2011, 10:15 AM
I wrote this after the Feb win in LA, and I think it still applies:

"Nothing I saw last night changed my opinion that it will be extremely difficult to beat LA in a series. When Artest is dialed in, Manu becomes a less efficient scorer. And when the defensive intensity goes up in the playoffs, I think Jackson will pack the lane even more to prevent the kind of explosion Parker had in the second half. When that happens:

Jefferson, Hill, Neal, Bonner, and Anderson HAVE to make shots to open things up. That's asking a lot from from 2 rookies, a proven playoff choker, a re-tooled Jefferson and Hill.

Can it happen? Yes. But I'm not sold on it."

If I were to bet on anybody making shots it would be Neal. But lack of meaningful playing time for Splitter has made the Spurs margin of error with respect to the Lakers razor thin. I hope history doesn't repeat itself but all signs point to Pop's "these playoffs aren't for George" mistake Hill's rookie year being repeated this year with Splitter. I just don't see San Antonio getting by LA without more size up front.

again, I'll say it: CAN it happen? Yes. But I'm not sold on it.

TXstbobcat
04-06-2011, 10:17 AM
I think that if we play the Lakers in the WCF, Splitter will get meaningful minutes in that series.

Nathan89
04-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Why would Neal not play as well as he has played all year in the playoffs?

He has been great all year and seems to have no fear on the court. The guy is a pure shooter and will do great if the big three attract the attention of the opponent. Most importantly the man shot 50% from three this summer. This summer he had to perform or else he may never get another chance to be in the NBA. He was clutch under that pressure so the playoffs should be no different.

Hill on the other hand plays like a punk all of the time. Hopefully he can gain confidence from the last couple of games but the guy is far from a sure bet.

Neal>Hill

toki9
04-06-2011, 10:29 AM

He has been great all year and seems to have no fear on the court. The guy is a pure shooter and will do great if the big three attract the attention of the opponent. Most importantly the man shot 50% from three this summer. This summer he had to perform or else he may never get another chance to be in the NBA. He was clutch under that pressure so the playoffs should be no different.

Hill on the other hand plays like a punk all of the time. Hopefully he can gain confidence from the last couple of games but the guy is far from a sure bet.

Neal>Hill

Well, the opponents will game plan for him much better than during the regular season...and he's no longer an unknown quantity...

howbouthemspurs
04-06-2011, 10:34 AM
you're just stupid and you must like to eat cheese with your shit.

Doctor J
04-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Jefferson? Yes.
Bonner? Yes.

But Hill and Neal will contribute in the playoffs.

I am not so sure about Blair though...

admiralsnackbar
04-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Nuz7fcgSbRs

Chachachango
04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm sure neal will be good in the playoffs, he has more balls than jefferson and bonner combined. Hill had a good series against the Mavs. Blair will be okay. Snowman is Snowman.

timtonymanu
04-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Neal will be great in the playoffs. He has that mentality. Hill will be fine too. HCA should help his confidence.

Bonner/RJ/Blair i'm not confident in.

DMC
04-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Bonner needs to just shoot when he's open. Otherwise pass the ball. If opportunity presents itself and Bonner defers, bench his ass asap. He's only out there to "spread the floor" and that only happens if he's actually shooting the ball.

He needs to stick with what he's good at, shooting 3s and sitting on the bench.

DMC
04-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Neal will be great in the playoffs. He has that mentality. Hill will be fine too. HCA should help his confidence.

Bonner/RJ/Blair i'm not confident in.

If Pop shortens the rotation properly, hopefully Bonner won't see that much playing time. I think we all know better than that though.

The_Worlds_finest
04-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Mark My words. The best record in the NBA is an Illusion! The reason the Spurs have recorded the best record is not because the quality of the team but because the NBA and Stern want good ratings! :blah

celldweller
04-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Jefferson? Yes.
Bonner? Yes.

But Hill and Neal will contribute in the playoffs.

I am not so sure about Blair though...

lol, Jefferson & Bonner are givens!!!

Chomag
04-06-2011, 01:21 PM
They were saying in the game on TV last night that Pop will probebly be shortening the playoff roatation to 8 players, but I think Pop will Roll with a higher number then that this time around. It would suck to think that the only players comming from the bench would be Hill, Bonner, Blair.

G-Dawgg
04-06-2011, 01:49 PM

Neal>Hill

Dude, you're dreaming... Neal may be a better shooter, but Hill is a better player. Period.

spurtech09
04-06-2011, 02:51 PM
mark my words the bench will make you eat there poop

Strategic
04-06-2011, 03:18 PM
They were saying in the game on TV last night that Pop will probebly be shortening the playoff roatation to 8 players, but I think Pop will Roll with a higher number then that this time around. It would suck to think that the only players comming from the bench would be Hill, Bonner, Blair.

I heard Sean say that last night. I hope you're right and he's wrong. Those eight are just about what got their asses handed to them in the second round last year. He'll use those three for sure, but Neal and Splitter, Neal and Splitter, Neal and Splitter, Neal and Splitter....djonkzkx. Got to use those men too. Come on Pop!!!

:bang:bang:bang:bang

spursince#99
04-06-2011, 03:21 PM
This dude is probably some little kid who knows nothing more than the years of our 4 rings...nothing to see here you guys...

jjktkk
04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
except Hill I really feel our bench is going to lay a massive brick in the playoffs and that means Duncan/Manu/Parker all have to be in the 25+pts range for us to survive. Spiltter won't play a meaningful minute so our D can't be relied on.

Great thread. I see potential stardom for you down the road here.

admiralsnackbar
04-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Great thread. I see potential stardom for you down the road here.

Your predictive powers pale in comparison to those of our powerful basketball god.

xellos88330
04-06-2011, 05:08 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/xellos88330/633499577463710308-cleric.jpg

kaji157
04-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Well, for sure that's the safest bet. It's no secret that Bonner will suck. But i think you overextended in this one.
Or at least i will take some risk and say that Hill, Neal and Splitter (yes Splitter) will do fine in the minutes they get, Dyess and Blair will have good and bad games, and Jefferson and Bonner will be the ones sucking.
Too bad that if i am right, we are screwed.

jjktkk
04-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Your predictive powers pale in comparison to those of our powerful basketball god.

I will not argue with you Admiral, due to my prior Navy service, and my admiration for the power of Snickers. :hat

ManuBalboa
04-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Neal is the truth. He will not fail us.

Basketball Power
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
I hate being right

04-25-2011, 09:21 PM
can you give me some lotto numbers?