PDA

View Full Version : Washington Post and CBS receiving money from Obamacare slush fund

Marcus Bryant
04-06-2011, 03:21 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/06/washington-post-and-cbs-receiving-money-from-obamacare-slush-fund/

Winehole23
04-06-2011, 03:29 PM
New projections expect the funding to run out before the end of 2012, if not sooner.Surprise, surprise.

coyotes_geek
04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
The slush fund only needs to sustain itself until November 6th of 2012............

admiralsnackbar
04-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised in the least to find out this is true, but that article was pretty suspect -- lean on impartial facts and fat on spin. No offense, MB.

Marcus Bryant
04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
None taken. Fascinating, if true.

Wild Cobra
04-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Well, with a few tidbits here and there I have heard, I would be surprised if it isn't true.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2011, 12:00 AM
The list seems incomplete.

EVAY
04-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Why did you select the term 'slush fund' from the article for the OP, MB?

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Why did you select the term 'slush fund' from the article for the OP, MB?

Because it was in the title?

EVAY
04-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Because it was in the title?

the article says... "The ERRP, which the Republicans call a slush fund"...

what the daily caller headline writer calls something and what the article itself says about seem to be at odds. So there was a choice to be made, and normally MB is a bit more "A pox on all your houses" than repeating the party rhetoric.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 09:03 AM
He posted the title of the article. I don't think that's an exercise in party rhetoric. I think it's and exercise in "Hey, here's the article and this is the title."

CosmicCowboy
04-07-2011, 09:12 AM
5 billion just there? And the house, senate, and president can't find and agree on 60 billion of cuts?

ChumpDumper
04-07-2011, 01:59 PM
The author clearly does not know the meaning of the term "slush fund."

Nbadan
04-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Doesn't take a lot of digging to find who 'the daily caller' serves..

The editorial staff is led by executive editor Megan Mulligan and features reporting from White House correspondent Jon Ward,[1] formerly of The Washington Times (the wing-nut Moonie times :o) , Jonathan Strong,[2] and Alex Pappas[3]. The site also features a humorous blog written by Jim Treacher. Mike Riggs, formerly of the Washington City Paper, writes "The DC Morning", an email wrap up of the morning's events. The Daily Caller is in the White House rotating press pool.[4] Its reporters have appeared on MSNBC, Fox News Channel, CNBC, NBC and CBS, and radio stations across the country. Other high-profile contributors include bloggers Treacher (DC Trawler) and blog pioneer Mickey Kaus (Kausfiles) and reporter Matt Lewis.
[edit] Ideology

In an interview with Politico, Carlson said that The Daily Caller will not be tied to ideology but rather will be "breaking stories of importance". (Fair and Balanced, sound familiar?) In a Washington Post article, Carlson added "We're not enforcing any kind of ideological orthodoxy on anyone.(Yeah, right) "[5]

Opinion contributors have included Arianna Huffington, Newt Gingrich, Andrew Breitbart, S.E. Cupp, Juan Williams, and Lanny Davis.

I'm surprised James O'Keefe isn't a contributor....

Nbadan
04-07-2011, 08:38 PM
..and who the fuck is Rep. Cliff Stearns, Florida Republican to talk about impartiality when he is also in the pocket of big time oil and insurance companies to the tune of $3 million dollars in one election cycle alone....another GOP hypocrite...

Marcus Bryant
04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
That's grand. Naturally, not germane to the actual claim.