PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudemire gets down on all fours to let Tim Duncan dunk off his back

reydawg
06-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Suns center Amare Stoudemire took his defensive play to a new level in a Phoenix’s 102-92 loss to San Antonio Saturday night, going as far as to get down all fours in the lane so Spurs center Tim Duncan could jump off of him and get more elevation on a dunk.
“It’s great playing with a guy like Amare,” said Duncan, who has averaged 26.5 ppg in the series. “He gets everyone on the team involved and really keeps our offense flowing. I hope he has a long career.”
The Suns think Stoudemire’s boosting of Duncan shows his defense might be coming around.
“On the face of it, I don’t want one of my players helping an opponent dunk on us,” said Phoenix coach Mike D’Antoni. “But if you think about it, that’s the first time Amare has been in the lane all series and made contact with someone on the defensive end. That’s something we can build on.”

http://www.sportspickle.com/

boutons
06-05-2005, 10:58 PM
:)

Biting Humor!!

Solid D
06-05-2005, 11:04 PM
Funny.

How soon they forget about arguably one of the best blocks in playoffs history.

The way Amare scored in the paint, one could easily replace Amare's name with Duncan's and vice-versa.

mavsfan1000
06-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Amare>Duncan on offense
Amare<<Duncan on defense

MannyIsGod
06-05-2005, 11:07 PM
:lol

Rummpd
06-06-2005, 03:25 AM
Amare is not >> Duncan on offense. Check out the game 5 stats for all his brillance Amare shot 50% not overly impressive when some were dunks.

Spurs gave Amare his shots, he rarely got doubled like Duncan did etc.

Stop the over-hype. Push comes to shove will take Duncan with ball on clutch shot over Amare any day.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Amare is not >> Duncan on offense. Check out the game 5 stats for all his brillance Amare shot 50% not overly impressive when some were dunks.

Spurs gave Amare his shots, he rarely got doubled like Duncan did etc.

Stop the over-hype. Push comes to shove will take Duncan with ball on clutch shot over Amare any day.
You misunderstood my post. Amare is a little better on offense while Duncan is alot better on defense.

leemajors
06-06-2005, 09:27 AM
duncan was not amare's primary defender most of the series, but then again he couldn't really stop him either. amare blocked duncan once, i think duncan blocked him at least 2-3 times in game 5 alone. considering how little lift duncan has right now, i thought that was pretty impressive.

duncan_21
06-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Amare>Duncan on offense
Amare<<Duncan on defense
Uh, no

duncan > amare on offense
duncan > amare on defense

The_Game
06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
LMAO @ duncan being a better scorer than Amare

get out of here

duncan is the better player but not a better scorer or overall offensive player

Useruser666
06-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Duncan is the better Duncan.

ObiwanGinobili
06-06-2005, 10:16 AM
:lol :elephant :lol

kskonn
06-06-2005, 11:19 AM
duncan has a much bett overall offensive game than amare. Amare scored a lot of points but he does not have the overall offensive game that duncan has. Not as many assists as duncan and he did not face teh double teams that duncan had to endure the entire series. Also if duncan did not play the defense he does he would probably be able to exert moree energy on Offense.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Amare is to hard to double team because he is always moving around and not staying stationary. He is also on the highest scoring team in the league and shoots a higher percentage in field goals and free throws. Amare might not have a variety in his offense but what he does is very hard to stop.