PDA

View Full Version : To all of you with those rose colored glasses...

sribb43
04-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I was negative about this mavs team all season bc they were fools gold.

-Roddy is the most overrated player in Mavs history
-Brewer is the scrub he has always been
-Peja is trash
-Mavs D = FAIL
-no legit #2 scorer
-no low post presence
-poor perimeter play

.....etc etc etc

Dirk was too loyal for his own good. He should have left

DMC
04-06-2011, 10:18 PM
You said white flag? I thought you called Peja a white fag. My bad.

William Hung
04-06-2011, 10:19 PM
tbh When Butler went down, so did the Mav's chances of winning a title. Dude was a legit #2 scorer imo.

William Hung
04-06-2011, 10:20 PM
we were good early on when we had butler, stephenson was in the rotation, and we had a system committed to defense that was working. losing butler and signing peja and shit just fucked everything up, and i told people the peja signing was a preliminary white flag.

Beat me to it :lol

Ghazi
04-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Mavs might be struggling, but you're still a faggot IMO.

Jordan cosign :)

Zelophehad
04-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Anyone who followed his pro career knew Brewer blows. Bad signing.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5014137&postcount=82

Sean Cagney
04-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Anyone who followed his pro career knew Brewer blows. Bad signing.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5014137&postcount=82

Spurs and mavs fans in here were both going nuts to get him, Spurs fans mad they stole him from the Spurs :lol:rollin. That was the most overrated thing of the year IMO was the battle there, like he was gonna make a difference on either team. I was biting as well, guess I forgot who he was and just desperate to see them get a defender, overrated him like he was Bowen or some shit lol.

I remember #41shootemup on the board for days bragging about them Spurs not getting him, now he doesn't play at all.

Killakobe81
04-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Spurs just lost 6 in a row they dont seemed paniced.
Laker lost to bobcats and Cavs before ASG
Boston lost some games they should of won as well shit happens.

Mavs just need to finish strong and beat the first round opponent.

Killakobe81
04-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Then take the dongle in the rectum in round 2 from the Lakers

Greg Oden
04-06-2011, 10:32 PM
the mavs need a thug ass nigga with bad table manners.

Tq_1j4z5-J4

chrismengeu
04-06-2011, 10:36 PM
People are making a big deal of nothing. The Mavs are what they are a good team but not great, they will make the playoffs as a 3rd seed and beat Portland or Nawlins in 6 and then proceed to the 2nd round. Where they will most likely get owned by the Lakers and then next season the Mavs will win around 55 games again and win 1 or 2 playoff series. Rinse wash and repeat:bang:bang:bang

duncan228
04-06-2011, 10:36 PM
This came out this morning.

Mavs hope to move past playoff failures (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Atj.I6KIZ8yqSR0t.KK2XUC8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_nowitzki_hopes_to_move_past_mavericks_playo ff_failures_040611)
By Marc J. Spears

For the Dallas Mavericks, the trouble began nearly five years ago. Up 2-0 against the Miami Heat in the 2006 NBA Finals, they lost the next four games and the championship. The following year, they entered the playoffs with a league-high 67 victories, but lost in the first round to the Golden State Warriors and their former coach, Don Nelson. The past three postseasons haven’t brought much more success: two more first-round exits and a second-round series that netted just one victory.

With the Mavericks now in position to finish with a top three seed for the second straight year, the same tired, old question hangs over them as the playoffs near: Why should anyone believe this Dallas team is better equipped to make a long run in the postseason?

“I don’t really care what everybody else says,” Dirk Nowitzki said. “I feel good. As long as I feel good and play well, I think we have a chance to beat anybody.

“We showed it this year already. We can’t really worry about what the so-called experts think.”

The Mavs would prefer to ignore their recent playoff history altogether. Since taking the 2-0 lead over Miami in the Finals, they’ve gone 10-21 in the postseason. The most embarrassing defeat came in 2007 when they lost to the eighth-seeded Warriors in one of the biggest postseason upsets ever.

“At some point you got to get over it,” Nowitzki said of the loss to the Warriors. “You can’t hold grudges forever. It is what it is. They got hot that year and then they beat us in the playoffs. You move on from there.”

The Mavericks have looked like a title contender for much of the season, putting together winning streaks of 12, 10 and eight. With five games left in the regular season, they have 53 wins, an impressive total considering they lost shooting guard Caron Butler to a knee injury on Jan. 1.

Dallas, however, has lost its past three games – including a blowout at the hands of the Los Angeles Lakers – to once again raise questions about whether this team is capable of making a serious run at the NBA Finals. Hopes of moving into the Western Conference’s second seed now appear slim.

Another reason for the Mavericks to be concerned: They haven’t beaten one of the West’s elite teams since defeating the Lakers on Jan. 19. Since then Dallas has lost to the Lakers (twice), Portland (twice), San Antonio, Denver, Memphis and New Orleans.

“Lately we’ve been struggling,” Nowitzki said. “We just got to get back to playing defense and moving the ball offensively. That’s how we were beating them early. The playoffs are a different momentum. We will see what happens.”

Keep reading... (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Atj.I6KIZ8yqSR0t.KK2XUC8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_nowitzki_hopes_to_move_past_mavericks_playo ff_failures_040611)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Atj.I6KIZ8yqSR0t.KK2XUC8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_nowitzki_hopes_to_move_past_mavericks_playo ff_failures_040611

chrismengeu
04-06-2011, 10:39 PM
We will win our first round series no dobut. But that is little comfort for this Mav fan who constantly hopes to win a championship. We are Charlie Brown and the football is constantly yanked away from us. We will never kick the football:rolleyes

Greg Oden
04-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Is your assumption based on how good the Mavs have looked against Portland since getting Wallace, mavfan?

monosylab1k
04-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Coulda had Kobe.
Coulda had Baron Davis/Chris Kaman.
Coulda had Gerald Wallace.
Coulda had Maggette.

If I was GM of the Mavs, all those moves would have happened and the Mavs would be looking at a 3peat this season. I have the posts to prove it.

chrismengeu
04-06-2011, 10:45 PM
The Blazers pretty much suck and arent beating anyone in a 7 game series. But actually i just checked the standings, as of now New Orleans is in the 6th spot so if we want to see a Mavs-Blazers match up you guys need to do work.

monosylab1k
04-06-2011, 10:46 PM
The Blazers pretty much suck and arent beating anyone in a 7 game series.

The FUCK?????

You do remember them delivering a curbstomping to Dallas just a few days ago, right?

monosylab1k
04-06-2011, 10:47 PM
At this point even stretch would agree Dallas is getting their ass beat in Round 1.

Kyle Orton
04-06-2011, 10:48 PM
rofl no he wouldn't

lol homer brother

chrismengeu
04-06-2011, 10:48 PM
The FUCK?????

You do remember them delivering a curbstomping to Dallas just a few days ago, right?

Yeah i do, the Mavs suck epic balls as well. But it boils down to the fact that the Blazers suck more cock then the Mavs do. The Mavs are like Lohan they such a lot of cock but the Blazers are like Paris Hilton they are epic cocksuckers

monosylab1k
04-06-2011, 10:49 PM
But it boils down to the fact that the Blazers suck more cock then the Mavs do.

Again, there's a very recent box score that says otherwise.

Killakobe81
04-06-2011, 10:49 PM
We will win our first round series no dobut. But that is little comfort for this Mav fan who constantly hopes to win a championship. We are Charlie Brown and the football is constantly yanked away from us. We will never kick the football:rolleyes

Great analogy. Posted the same thing on another site after the last Lakers Mavs game ...

i almost feel for DFW fans but hey Rangers look good !

jag
04-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Chrismengeu is trying his darndest to replace stretch as the resident blind mav homer

monosylab1k
04-06-2011, 10:53 PM
99.9% sure he's just somebody's troll imho

chrismengeu
04-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Chrismengeu is trying his darndest to replace stretch as the resident blind mav homer

What kind of homer says "We will never kick the football"? We are destined to either a 1st or 2nd round exit? Doesn't sound very homerish to me. All I'm saying is that the TrailBlazers are paper tigers and aren't beating anyone. Its not that the Mavs are great the Blazers just suck. Memphis could beat them in 7

jag
04-06-2011, 10:55 PM
99.9% sure he's just somebody's troll imho

Ask him who's better... Roddy or Gerald Wallace.

monosylab1k
04-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Its not that the Mavs are great the Blazers just suck. Memphis could beat them in 7

Memphis could beat the Mavs in 7 too. Probably less.

chrismengeu
04-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Lol Gerald Wallace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Roddy.

Trying to compare Roddy to Gerald Wallace is like trying to compare Luke Walton to Lamar Odom

jag
04-06-2011, 10:59 PM
:corn:

Cessation
04-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Lakers mavs will be good series though.

chrismengeu
04-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Roddy is a false savior... he has been given a chance and done absolutely nothing with it. Mavericks only hope is to try to get Deron Williams or Dwight Howard next summer, but who are we kidding? Ghazi will get a free hand job before that shit every happens.

Cessation
04-06-2011, 11:09 PM
:corn:

Ghazi
05-28-2011, 01:26 AM
I was negative about this mavs team all season bc they were fools gold.

-Roddy is the most overrated player in Mavs history
-Brewer is the scrub he has always been
-Peja is trash
-Mavs D = FAIL
-no legit #2 scorer
-no low post presence
-poor perimeter play

.....etc etc etc

Dirk was too loyal for his own good. He should have left

oh

Fpoonsie
05-28-2011, 01:27 AM
oh

In his (limited) defense, the 1st two aren't THAT far off...

TE
05-28-2011, 01:28 AM
oh

You shouldn't do thread bumping until the chip' is achieved.

Ghazi
05-28-2011, 01:32 AM
You shouldn't do thread bumping until the chip' is achieved.

win or lose, sribb was WRONG BOUT DEM MAVS :smokin :smokin

4>0rings
05-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Mono and Sribb mainstream front runners who gave up on their team :lmao

endrity
05-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Just bumped into Epic Fail, he sends his regards.

chrismengeu
06-23-2011, 11:56 PM
The FUCK?????

Haha bump, you really suck mono thinking those Blazer fools were gonna beat anyone. But then to be fair i doubted the Mavs against the Lakers as well, oh well feels great to be wrong

sribb43
06-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Glad the Mavs players read my thread before the playoffs started and elevated their play to championship status. :lobt2:

SpursTalk reverse jinx once again never fails