PDA

View Full Version : Jimcs50

blackbucket
06-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I have a question for the resident dentist.

What do you know about invisalign? I am seriously considering getting it. Do you have any info or opinions as far as efficacy, price, etc?

Your help is appreciated.

Duff McCartney
06-05-2005, 11:38 PM
I dunno but I think you might need to talk to an orthodontist about that.

For god sakes Jim I'm a doctor not a pool man!!

blackbucket
06-06-2005, 08:36 PM
bump

Jimcs, where art thou?

Gatita
06-06-2005, 08:45 PM
I dunno but I think you might need to talk to an orthodontist about that.

For god sakes Jim I'm a doctor not a pool man!!

:lmao

Flea
06-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Hey Jim, Is there a starbucks anywhere close to the intersection of George Bush drive and S Tx Avenue? I have never been to college station but will be there this weekend. I will need some serious coffee in the morning.

mookie2001
06-07-2005, 09:47 AM
theres one in college station at the intersection of george bush dr and bush parkway, just take bush hwy all the way and exit bush

IX_Equilibrium
06-07-2005, 09:51 AM
theres one in college station at the intersection of george bush dr and bush parkway, just take bush hwy all the way and exit bush

...right near the Bush statue and the Church of Bush.

Flea
06-07-2005, 09:54 AM
I am looking at this crappy little map A&M sent me and I don't see Bush pkwy. I see a Harvey Pkwy off of George Bush. Which direction would I be going on George Bush drive from S Tx Ave(my hotel is at the corner)? My destination is the soccer fields on GB drive.

Thanks for the help!

IX_Equilibrium
06-07-2005, 09:57 AM
I am looking at this crappy little map A&M sent me and I don't see Bush pkwy. I see a Harvey Pkwy off of George Bush. Which direction would I be going on George Bush drive from S Tx Ave(my hotel is at the corner)? My destination is the soccer fields on GB drive.

Thanks for the help!

I think he was joking about all of the Bush references.

SWC Bonfire
06-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Mookie was having fun with you in Whoopie Goldberg fashion.

George Bush Drive stops at S Tx Avenue and becomes Kyle St. on the other side of the intersection (well, it used to).

To get to the Penberty intramural fields, go west/make a left (if you're going northbound on Texas Ave). Go over the tracks to west campus, then turn right onto Olsen Blvd (in front of the baseball stadium). Turn left on Penberthy and it will take you to the intramural fields.

You cannot get lost in College Station, it's impossible. Stop and ask for directions if you need help, people are friendly and will be glad to help you.

Shelly
06-07-2005, 10:05 AM

What do you know about invisalign? I am seriously considering getting it. Do you have any info or opinions as far as efficacy, price, etc?

well....I'm not an orthodontist, but my understanding about invisalign is it's for people who don't need a lot of work. I don't think it would correct bites, etc. For example, when I got braces when I was 13, I had to have a cross bite corrected, an eye tooth moved in the right spot, and a the gap fixed between my top front teeth. I also had to have 4 teeth pulled. Invisalign wouldn't correct all that that since I had to use a headgear and a lot of rubber bands to fix it. I've known a lot of kids and a few adults that had work done since this came on the market, and none of them have had invisalign. I think they use them more as retainers.

Honestly, I would get braces. They've come a long way and are hardly noticeable.

Flea
06-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Mookie was having fun with you in Whoopie Goldberg fashion.

George Bush Drive stops at S Tx Avenue and becomes Kyle St. on the other side of the intersection (well, it used to).

To get to the Penberty intramural fields, go west/make a left (if you're going northbound on Texas Ave). Go over the tracks to west campus, then turn right onto Olsen Blvd (in front of the baseball stadium). Turn left on Penberthy and it will take you to the intramural fields.

You cannot get lost in College Station, it's impossible. Stop and ask for directions if you need help, people are friendly and will be glad to help you.

Ok, I get the joke now.

AlamoSpursFan
06-07-2005, 10:29 AM
well....I'm not an orthodontist, but

I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

DrRich
06-07-2005, 01:21 PM
I do both invisalign and regular braces. Both are good ways to staighten teeth but a lot depends on just how much crowding you have. I have seen some cases that were started with invisalign but required brackets and wires to finish it correctly.

The cost is more with invisalign because of the lab cost that are involved! It is almost twice as expensive!

blackbucket
06-07-2005, 02:57 PM
well....I'm not an orthodontist, but my understanding about invisalign is it's for people who don't need a lot of work. I don't think it would correct bites, etc. For example, when I got braces when I was 13, I had to have a cross bite corrected, an eye tooth moved in the right spot, and a the gap fixed between my top front teeth. I also had to have 4 teeth pulled. Invisalign wouldn't correct all that that since I had to use a headgear and a lot of rubber bands to fix it. I've known a lot of kids and a few adults that had work done since this came on the market, and none of them have had invisalign. I think they use them more as retainers.

Honestly, I would get braces. They've come a long way and are hardly noticeable.

Thanks Shelly

blackbucket
06-07-2005, 03:00 PM
I do both invisalign and regular braces. Both are good ways to staighten teeth but a lot depends on just how much crowding you have. I have seen some cases that were started with invisalign but required brackets and wires to finish it correctly.

The cost is more with invisalign because of the lab cost that are involved! It is almost twice as expensive!

Thanks Dr. Rich. I have spacing I am trying to close up. It isn't severe. Invisalign seems less invasive, noticeable and much quicker. Are you in SA?

tlongII
06-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Jim is in Orlando at Disney World currently. I believe he took his office staff with him so he's probably hitting on an 18 year old office clerk at this moment.

Shelly
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Jim is in Orlando at Disney World currently. I believe he took his office staff with him so he's probably hitting on an 18 year old office clerk at this moment.

Dude, he's probably hitting on MINNIE MOUSE!

You're welcome, BB!

Jimcs50
06-07-2005, 08:49 PM

tlong, have some respect, man.

She is 21, thankyou.

:)

I just got back this evening.

Had a great time. We watched Game 7 last night at NBA City on 2 huge screen TVs, they must have been 9 ft wide each. The place was evenly divided with Piston fans and Heat fans, which was surprising to me, so the place was electric. I did not care who won, because I was away from my computer and therefore could not bet. :(

An interesting aside. I was talking to the saleman at the NBA City store and he told me that the Manu jersey was their biggest selling jersey the past month. :smokin

I bought a Tony Parker black jersey for my son for his birthday next month, as he already has the road Manu jersey.

I ran into lots of Spurs fans there. They have really gotten more popular the past 2 yrs, since I went there last. in 04 when I went for New Years, the only Spurs jersey they had was TD's, now they have TP's and Manu's as well.

Jimcs50
06-07-2005, 08:53 PM

Sorry I was gone dude. I see my esteemed colleague Dr Rich answered your query, quite well, I might add. :smokin

Flea
06-08-2005, 09:05 AM
An interesting aside. I was talking to the saleman at the NBA City store and he told me that the Manu jersey was their biggest selling jersey the past month. :smokin

Can anyone tell me where to get one of those "Got Manu?" tshirts?

DrRich
06-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks Dr. Rich. I have spacing I am trying to close up. It isn't severe. Invisalign seems less invasive, noticeable and much quicker. Are you in SA?

Yes I'm in SA.

We do have ceramic brackets that are less noticible too. but they do cost more which makes them more expensive but not as expensive as invisalign.

Time wise, both methods are just about the same!

Flea
06-08-2005, 09:23 AM
but they do cost more which makes them more expensive

He is Dr Rich. :lol

Sportcamper
06-08-2005, 09:50 AM
It’s also good to get references before starting expensive procedures...

Dr Jim, is it true that you have performed all of the dental work for Leon Spinks?
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/PHO/AAFT031.jpg

Jimcs50
06-08-2005, 11:02 AM
It’s also good to get references before starting expensive procedures...

Dr Jim, is it true that you have performed all of the dental work for Leon Spinks?
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/PHO/AAFT031.jpg

Yes, it is true. He looks so good now, he is making toothpaste commercials.

:smokin