PDA

View Full Version : Whoever wins the LA-Dallas series will go on to the Finals

Venti Quattro
04-07-2011, 04:19 AM
I just feel it. Right now they're in a race to pile up stupid losses to end the season but both teams will be in full business in the playoffs. I just don't see how the gimmick San Antonio lineup and offense will beat Dallas or LA in a 7-game series.

Feel free to chime in Spurfans, or offer your parting shot if you agree with me.

chrismengeu
04-07-2011, 06:10 AM
So basically the Lakers will go to the Finals... not like anybody every doubted that. The Mavs are 1 and done and the Spurs aren't beating LA. Only hope left is for the Bulls to win it all

Harry Callahan
04-07-2011, 07:12 AM
I just feel it. Right now they're in a race to pile up stupid losses to end the season but both teams will be in full business in the playoffs. I just don't see how the gimmick San Antonio lineup and offense will beat Dallas or LA in a 7-game series.

Feel free to chime in Spurfans, or offer your parting shot if you agree with me.

Isn't One on Five more of a "Gimmick" offense than heavy pick and roll or drive and kick?

Kobe in Ball hog mode will not be successful. He'll make some amazing shots but some of the stuff he did last night was just lousy basketball. His teamates were just left behind.

BTW, Queen Phillip looks like total crap. He'd better retire after this year or he may die on the court if he keeps doing the coaching thing.

Dallas is piling up losses because they SUCK. That is all.

pookenstein
04-07-2011, 07:22 AM
You also felt that the Spurs wouldn't win 50 games this season, right?

Capt Bringdown
04-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Lakers in the catbird seat again, what a surprise.

Zelophehad
04-07-2011, 07:27 AM
OKC is LAL's biggest threat out West right now.

Venti Quattro
04-07-2011, 08:01 AM

They can win 80 regular season games and I can lose 10 sig bets and it won't still change the fact that I still don't fear the Spurs in a 7-game series.

dbestpro
04-07-2011, 08:12 AM
There will be no LA Dallas series. Dallas is trowing there final games as fast as they can to let OKC pass them.

Problem with this strategy is they might not get past Denver.

Bito Corleone
04-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Isn't One on Five more of a "Gimmick" offense than heavy pick and roll or drive and kick?

Kobe in Ball hog mode will not be successful.
Seem to remember plenty of people saying this same shit the last two seasons as well...

100%duncan
04-07-2011, 08:32 AM
blah blah blah, your signature reflects yourself!

Venti Quattro
04-07-2011, 09:36 AM

great reply :tu

Venti Quattro
04-07-2011, 09:41 AM

Kobe in Ball hog mode will not be successful. He'll make some amazing shots but some of the stuff he did last night was just lousy basketball. His teamates were just left behind.

BTW, Queen Phillip looks like total crap. He'd better retire after this year or he may die on the court if he keeps doing the coaching thing.

Dallas is piling up losses because they SUCK. That is all.

:lmao kobe in ballhog mode will not win championships

son that is a hot pile of bullshit. Whether kobe hogs the ball ot not is immaterial to the premise that the spurs ain't reaching the finals

Sense
04-07-2011, 09:41 AM

this is why I like this prediction...

SpurOutofTownFan
04-07-2011, 09:42 AM
There will be no LA Dallas series. Dallas is trowing there final games as fast as they can to let OKC pass them.

I figured this much too. I think OKC ending 2nd messes things up considerably for LA

Leetonidas
04-07-2011, 09:42 AM
This is pretty much just a way of saying "the Lakers are going to the Finals," because Dallas isn't beating the Lakers and they have looked pretty bad down the stretch. That's not me being an ass, but sincerely, they haven't looked too good lately and judging by the comments made by various krew posters, I assume most of them are discontent with their team's play as of late. And if the Spurs ended up playing them in the WCF for some reason, I'd lose no sleep over picking Spurs in 5/6.

I wouldn't sleep on OKC Venti, they have looked very good since acquiring Perk.

Axe Murderer
04-07-2011, 09:44 AM

I'm pretty sure half the suicidal fans upstairs felt the same way

Kyle Orton
04-07-2011, 09:47 AM

Nope. The pick and roll is the most gimmicky play ever run in basketball.

Venti Quattro
04-07-2011, 10:21 AM

Not to offend you but I guess you can attest to this. The Suns pick and rolled to death. They were a good regular season team but they were negated in the conference finals by a good team with some brains and an offense better than the pick and roll.

ogait
04-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Not to offend you but I guess you can attest to this. The Suns pick and rolled to death. They were a good regular season team but they were negated in the conference finals by a good team with some brains and an offense better than the pick and roll.

That was basically over relying on offense to win games. It wasn't bad offense, they lost games because they couldn't defend, by their ability and game plan.

That won't happen with the Spurs, they migth loose by ability but not by game plan.

You'll see them using a lot more half court offense than in the regular season, and Tim Duncan will be having a lot more touches in the post too. There will be a fair share of pick n roll as it's always been, and because it's the most effective play for Ginobili. Also, good 3 point shooting teams always happened in the Spurs championships seasons.

But it won't be anything comparable to the Phoenix Suns teams. They won't loose because of a gimmick offence. They migth loose, and probably will, because of superior talent on other teams like the Lakers, but they will still try do it the rigth way.

TheManFromAcme
04-07-2011, 11:29 AM

insightfull, well though out analysis and comments such as yours traditionally refelect ivy league educations....:rolleyes

crc21209
04-07-2011, 11:30 AM
They're might not even be a Lakers-Mavs series now if OKC passes the Mavs....

Greg Oden
04-07-2011, 11:32 AM
They're might not even be a Lakers-Mavs series now if OKC passes the Mavs....

really? :wow thanks, nobody would've known if you didn't drop the info.

pookenstein
04-07-2011, 11:36 AM
They can win 80 regular season games and I can lose 10 sig bets and it won't still change the fact that I still don't fear the Spurs in a 7-game series.

You don't have to, dear. It just makes us feel comfortable. So keep it up.

jag

Why do you say that?

Neo.
greg oden

lol

Greg Oden
04-07-2011, 11:55 AM
greg oden

lol

hey, what's up stretch!

Harry Callahan
04-07-2011, 12:03 PM
:lmao kobe in ballhog mode will not win championships

son that is a hot pile of bullshit. Whether kobe hogs the ball ot not is immaterial to the premise that the spurs ain't reaching the finals

I don't know why you are even talking about Dallas anyway. That group is straw man at this point and look totally lost.

I know its only regular season, but Kobe was pretty bad last night and fumbled the game away against Utah. I'm just saying that LAs better when they involve everyone and not go the one on one route so much. Too many possessions without a single pass is not effective - I assume you watched the game last night.

Feel free to dismiss SA. That's fine. I hope the Lakers have that attitude as well.

LA is a heavy favorite in the West, but stuff happens and things don't always work out as they're "supposed to".

jag
04-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I don't know why you are even talking about Dallas anyway. That group is straw man at this point and look totally lost.

I know its only regular season, but Kobe was pretty bad last night and fumbled the game away against Utah. I'm just saying that LAs better when they involve everyone and not go the one on one route so much. Too many possessions without a single pass is not effective - I assume you watched the game last night.

Feel free to dismiss SA. That's fine. I hope the Lakers have that attitude as well.

LA is a heavy favorite in the West, but stuff happens and things don't always work out as they're "supposed to".

Hoping that LA decides not to care is a tough way to support your teams championship hopes. But in all honesty, that's about all there is to hope for. Apathy and Kobe are the only two things that can keep LA from steamrolling their way to the finals.

Kobe alone can lose 1 or 2 games for them in a playoff series. And Manu/TP can probably will their way to a couple of wins against LA. But if Drew Bynum gets going it's going to be really ugly.

Giuseppe
04-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Back-2-Back NBA World Titles says your full of hot shit _Off.

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Vent with the goods. LA and Dallas are the teams n the west, okc too.
Nobody else

alchemist
04-07-2011, 04:06 PM
DAL will get curb stomped by LAL, that's if POR or DEN don't do it first.

DMC
04-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm pretty sure half the suicidal fans upstairs felt the same way
Half is being conservative.

Kyle Orton
04-07-2011, 04:31 PM

No, this is the NBA. Things rarely turn out differently than they're supposed to.

Ghazi
04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Dallas is 48-13 when Tyson/Dirk play :)

JJ Hickson
04-07-2011, 04:55 PM
this is why I like this prediction...

:lmao You really think the Spurs are going to get past the Lakers? The spurs are going to stop the Lakers bigs.... how? I can see how you'd be so confident considering the spurs have lost 6 out of 9 and the Lakers reamed their assholes the last time they played. Makes perfect sense.

daspurs
04-07-2011, 05:04 PM
If theirs one team that is built to play L.A in the finals its miami

TampaDude
04-07-2011, 05:04 PM
mavs ain't goin to no damn finals, not now not ever

2006 just called. It's for you. :lol

Venti Quattro
04-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Par for the course :flag: :flag: :flag:

Stamm32089
04-30-2011, 09:10 AM
2006 just called. It's for you. :lol

2-8 in your last 10 playoff games :sleep

Venti Quattro
04-30-2011, 09:20 AM

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Venti Quattro
05-31-2011, 11:22 AM

Damn, propethic. So spurfans you may now offer your parting shot..............

lol losing to an 8th seed

lol 60 wins banner

Prime1
05-31-2011, 11:28 AM

lol 60 wins banner

That post of yours would be prophetic if they lost to the Mavs.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
05-31-2011, 11:31 AM
mavs ain't goin to no damn finals, not now not ever

spurs and lakers planes could crash into eachother, eliminating their teams, and the 8th seed in the east could go all the way to the finals by installing magnets in the ball/rim, get busted, and have to remove the magnets for the finals and the mavs would still find a way to lose to the fucking pacers

you got some 'splainin' to do

stretch
05-31-2011, 12:35 PM
dat nigga VQ knows whats up

spurs777
05-31-2011, 12:39 PM
DAL will get curb stomped by LAL, that's if POR or DEN don't do it first.
ha

DMC
05-31-2011, 12:50 PM

lol 60 wins banner
Kudos for saying "gimmick"

Shame on you for ignoring the Lakers' weaknesses in the process (although you have mentioned them to the chagrin of many a Laker homer here this season)