PDA

View Full Version : Now the starters can rest or get limited Mins

Gervin44Silas13
04-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Now that the top seed is set. ....and the slumpbust is over
I see Pop resting everyone....The playoffs are almost a week and a 1/2 away....Unless he'd play them full strengnt vs LA, but we know Pop already.

Now watch some pissed off fans get pissed 'cause the starters aren't playing the last remaining games LMAO!

romain.star
04-07-2011, 08:00 AM
what about the overall HCA?

TampaDude
04-07-2011, 08:06 AM
what about the overall HCA?

We have HCA clinched over everyone except Chicago, but it's not worth trying to stay ahead of a team that probably won't get by Boston or Miami.

alchemist
04-07-2011, 08:08 AM
play the starters 5-10 minutes and that's it, let the bench play and maybe play RJ to get his confidence going.

dougp
04-07-2011, 08:11 AM
We have HCA clinched over everyone except Chicago, but it's not worth trying to stay ahead of a team that probably won't get by Boston or Miami.

Do you really believe this? You're saying that the Bulls aren't the best team in the East? I'd like to see a Magic & Bulls ECF, but that's just me.

TampaDude
04-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Do you really believe this? You're saying that the Bulls aren't the best team in the East? I'd like to see a Magic & Bulls ECF, but that's just me.

Boston is playoff tested. I don't see the Bulls taking 4 of 7 from them, HCA or no HCA.

Warlord23
04-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Rest Tim, Manu and Dice. Have TP play fewer minutes. Play Splitter a lot more.

I wouldn't concern myself about HCA vs the Bulls. As it stands, the Spurs have about a 10% chance of getting out of the West. If we're good enough to make the Finals we'll probably beat the Bulls w/o HCA.

jag
04-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Boston is playoff tested. I don't see the Bulls taking 4 of 7 from them, HCA or no HCA.

Yeah, Jermaine Oneal, Jeff Green and Nenad Kristic are proven playoff warriors.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I think the Bull may be the best in the East but I don't think they represent as tough a match up for the Spurs as the other 3. And to even think about the Finals, we're going to have to have fresh rested players for the Wester Conference playoffs.

Dex
04-07-2011, 08:28 AM

Not to say Chicago isn't dangerous; they are just not the priority right now. Getting healthy, rested, and looking toward the playoffs is. We know what we are dealing with in the West.

The chances of the Spurs and Bulls meeting in the Finals are pretty remote. No need to risk an injury or grind the team just in case of that off chance, especially if that is not conducive to the first three rounds.

IF the Spurs make it to the Finals, they would most likely face Boston or Miami. If not, then Chicago would have HCA and you end up on the wrong side of the gamble, but I still wouldn't feel as bad about the 2-3-2 against Chicago as I would with the 2-2-1-1-1 with, say, L.A.

TampaDude
04-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Yeah, Jermaine Oneal, Jeff Green and Nenad Kristic are proven playoff warriors.

Who are the defending EC champs?

I'll give you a hint: it ain't the Bulls.

TampaDude
04-07-2011, 08:30 AM
If we get by the Lakers in the WCF, I'm not worried about the Bulls.

elbamba
04-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Bulls are beneficiaries of the weakest division in basketball. They are a good team but have had a very easy schedule.

KenziE
04-07-2011, 08:43 AM
if we meet the bulls in the finals w/o HCA then so be it ...but until then rest the big 3

sa_butta
04-07-2011, 09:30 AM
No need to chase the overall best record, rest the starters for the remaining games. I really don't think Chicago will get all the way to Finals, but if they do I still think we can beat them.

MadDog73
04-07-2011, 09:34 AM
When you say "rest the starters", do you mean not play them at all?

Or just limited minutes?

Because the only thing I would be concerned about is rust... we don't want to go into the first round looking out of practice.

Then again, injury concerns trumps all of this.

sa_butta
04-07-2011, 09:35 AM
When you say "rest the starters", do you mean not play them at all?

Or just limited minutes?

Because the only thing I would be concerned about is rust... we don't want to go into the first round looking out of practice.

Then again, injury concerns trumps all of this.
Limited minutes, but maybe the last game give the starters the night off.

MadDog73
04-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I've always thought that "homecourt" in the Finals is probably the worst "homecourt" you can get...

those three middle games can really change a series. If both teams win at home, then the "away" team will be leading 3-2, with momentum at their back. (Not saying NOT to get homecourt in the Finals, just saying it's not as important as homecourt against the Lakers).

itsamanuthree
04-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Still statistics about previous finals are quite impressive regarding HCA. I don't have the exact numbers though

Seventyniner
04-07-2011, 09:47 AM
If we get by the Lakers in the WCF, I'm not worried about the Bulls.

Bill_Brasky
04-07-2011, 09:51 AM

Everybody on here bitches all season that the spurs didn't get enough respect as the one seed...then they write Chicago off. Very hypocritical.

Chicago can easily come out of the east and we should respect them.

mudyez
04-07-2011, 09:55 AM
and don't forget, that hca in the finals isnt even that welcome with the 2-3-2-system!

rest them now!

GrandeDavid
04-07-2011, 09:58 AM

Also, if the Spurs beat the Laker ain't no Eastern Conference team stopping them. Their confidence would be so high.

sa_butta
04-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Everybody on here bitches all season that the spurs didn't get enough respect as the one seed...then they write Chicago off. Very hypocritical.

Chicago can easily come out of the east and we should respect them.
Of course we will respect them, but is it worth the chase for HCA in the Finals??
I don't think so, I really believe that in the Finals the better team will win regardless of the HCA.

dougp
04-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Bulls are beneficiaries of the weakest division in basketball. They are a good team but have had a very easy schedule.

Same thing could be said for any team in the EC from the past 10 years. The playoff race in the EC is going to be much different than last year though, and you're a fool to think the Bulls are just a good team with a very easy schedule.

Boston is also bitten by the injury bug, and Allen has been in a serious slump. I think most of their series will be 7 games, and a toss up if they have to play the Heat or Bulls - especially because I think there will be some serious bias when it comes to a Heat series.

Budkin
04-07-2011, 11:07 AM
and don't forget, that hca in the finals isnt even that welcome with the 2-3-2-system!

rest them now!

I don't buy that. Playing a potential game 7 on the road is a huge disadvantage. And it's rare that the team with 3 straight games at home actually wins them all.

DesignatedT
04-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I would treat Utah like the last game of the season. Play a playoff rotation type game and get that W and then rest the big 3 + Dice the last 2 games of the season. That will give guys like Hill and RJ a chance to be aggressive and find there shot before the playoffs start and give the other guys a full 7 days off before the playoffs begin.

jmanu20
04-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Who are the defending EC champs?

I'll give you a hint: it ain't the Bulls.

Only in name, NOT in personnel. Perkins is gone (and he is already having an effect on OKC's D and toughness), Krstic is not strong defensively (and banged up), Shaq is done. This leaves Jermaine O' Neal as the only option at the 5....the Bulls would have a good chance.

Juggity
04-07-2011, 01:05 PM
The Bulls beat the shit out of us when we played them at home. If we get to the finals against them without HCA, I seriously question our ability to win that series.

Mel_13
04-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I would treat Utah like the last game of the season. Play a playoff rotation type game and get that W and then rest the big 3 + Dice the last 2 games of the season. That will give guys like Hill and RJ a chance to be aggressive and find there shot before the playoffs start and give the other guys a full 7 days off before the playoffs begin.

:tu

alchemist
04-07-2011, 01:29 PM
The Bulls beat the shit out of us when we played them at home. If we get to the finals against them without HCA, I seriously question our ability to win that series.
last game of the road trip vs. a week to prepare for Chicago.......

wontstartdumbthreads
04-07-2011, 01:33 PM

I agree with this for the most part. But would you want to totally sit out the Big 3? Is there any concern about having to get them cranked up again? As opposed to maybe playing them 10-15 minutes in the remaining games?