PDA

View Full Version : Spurs back at rightful place atop West!

Rummpd
04-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Now we can wait for all the true tanking teams to fall into place (Mavs or is the Mavs case in reality a regression to the mean effect for an over-rated team with a paltry point differential under 4.0*?), Meanwhile, fans of the over-hyped but still tough Grizz or the Blazers should be somewhat ashamed of themselves but at least they seem to be trying - hell only NO fans can stand proud by SAS fans side these days for bringing it strong!

Note: LAL IMO not tanking just tired and disinterested these days (other than Bynum who has been phenomonal); and remains the only true threat in the West other than the Spurs so the WCF we all want - a battle between the two and the only, legit dynasties of the last 15 years in the NBA and the true dominant superstars in Duncan and Bryant will hopefully be settled on the court again. Game on for the playoffs!

*IMO yes the Mavs very over-rated and are the team the Spurs or LAL should be drooling to play in the 2nd round (if Mavs survive that long - if they fall to 4th Nuggets could well beat them or Portland or Memphis may well in the first anyway!

Neo.
04-07-2011, 10:03 AM
lol owned on monoshow

Muser
04-07-2011, 10:09 AM
lol owned on monoshow

That was cringeworthy :lol

cobbler
04-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Now we can wait for all the true tanking teams to fall into place (Mavs or is the Mavs case in reality a regression to the mean effect for an over-rated team with a paltry point differential under 4.0*?), Meanwhile, fans of the over-hyped but still tough Grizz or the Blazers should be somewhat ashamed of themselves but at least they seem to be trying - hell only NO fans can stand proud by SAS fans side these days for bringing it strong!

Note: LAL IMO not tanking just tired and disinterested these days (other than Bynum who has been phenomonal); and remains the only true threat in the West other than the Spurs so the WCF we all want - a battle between the two and the only, legit dynasties of the last 15 years in the NBA and the true dominant superstars in Duncan and Bryant will hopefully be settled on the court again. Game on for the playoffs!

*IMO yes the Mavs very over-rated and are the team the Spurs or LAL should be drooling to play in the 2nd round (if Mavs survive that long - if they fall to 4th Nuggets could well beat them or Portland or Memphis may well in the first anyway!

Congrats on winning the West! :toast

However, 4 titles and no back to back over a time periord when another team in the west is winning more titles is NOT A DYNASTY.

Giuseppe
04-07-2011, 10:33 AM
3 Back-2-Backs during this Century is the elephant in the room.

Ashy Larry
04-07-2011, 10:33 AM
dynasty (noun)

1. a sequence of rulers from the (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/the) same family (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/family), stock, or group: the Ming dynasty.
2. the rule of such a sequence.
3. a series of members of a family who (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/who) are distinguished for their success, wealth, etc.

sequence (noun)

1. the following of one thing after another; succession.
2. order of succession: a list of books in alphabetical sequence.

2003, 2005, 2007 is basically missing 2004 and 2006 .........

Greg Oden
04-07-2011, 10:37 AM
dynasty (noun)

1. a sequence of rulers from the (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/the) same family (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/family), stock, or group: the Ming dynasty.
2. the rule of such a sequence.
3. a series of members of a family who (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/who) are distinguished for their success, wealth, etc.

sequence (noun)

1. the following of one thing after another; succession.
2. order of succession: a list of books in alphabetical sequence.

2003, 2005, 2007 is basically missing 2004 and 2006 .........

yeah but they would've won in 04 if not for starting the clock late on Fisher's shot, in 06 if not for Dirk getting fts, and 08 if not for Stern giving the Lakers Gasol :cry

Giuseppe
04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
yeah but they would've

:lmao

Ashy Larry
that same argument could be brought up with the early titles with the Lakers ..... 1980, 1982, 1985 is missing 1981, 1983 and 1984 .... they did go back-to-back in 1987-88

Greg Oden
O & 3!

Kyle Orton
04-07-2011, 10:39 AM
yeah but they would've won in 04 if not for starting the clock late on Fisher's shot, in 06 if not for Dirk getting fts, and 08 if not for Stern giving the Lakers Gasol :cry

David Stern the dynasty stopper :cry

Giuseppe
04-07-2011, 10:39 AM
O & 77!

Greg Oden
04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
O & 3!

those midgets from the other end of the state said uh, huh, not tonight.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-07-2011, 10:53 AM
How did Rummpd get owned on the mono show? What happened?

jjktkk
04-07-2011, 11:02 AM

Cool Mavfan troll Gregory. :tu

Rummpd
04-07-2011, 11:53 AM
owned by whom? Not. Today only non Spurs fans are only people being owned this time, Spurs fan x 20 years and have watched games in 8 countries and traveled over 800 miles to see games and respect all NBA fans who are loyal including nearly all Lakers fans, Thong II, and BRHornet types who constantly are there to either back or to take it in return on their team through the good times and bad. There are even a few Denver fans hanging around here and with that gutty coach and that team oriented group of semistars - they have a legit shot at a first round upset no matter whom they face.

The problem with most (but certainly not all) Mavs fans is they come and go with the wind, and keep bringing up the savior of the day, i.e, Roddy B (over-rated), Chandler (severely over-rated blocks less than an older Duncan in same minutes), and that Jet asshole. Some actually buy into Cuban as an owner or that Kidd can actually play defense still. Only Dirk and Caron have real cred on the Mavs and their only chance is if Caron comes back strong somehow and Dirk gets monster hot (which he is capable of and should be at least 3rd in the MVP for carrying the Mavs this year.)

Bill_Brasky
04-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Rump, weren't you one of the guys having a complete meltdown during the losing streak?

ElNono
04-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Spurfan: :cry :cry :cry Spurs are Dynasty of class :cry :cry

Lakerfan: :madrun :madrun Surs are no Dynasty :madrun :madrun

Mavfan: :lmao :lmao Mavs are... ??? :lmao :lmao

Giuseppe
04-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Rump, weren't you one of the guys having a complete meltdown during the losing streak?

Yep, amonst many others, including The Dumper.

4>0rings
04-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I see nothing wrong with this statement.

j.dizzle
04-07-2011, 12:40 PM

:lmao Owned by your own team. I wonder what Rump was saying upstairs 4-5 days ago. He only starts threads down here when his chest is puffed out. Same with Ezau

Giuseppe
04-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I see nothing wrong with this statement.

Cept "would've" "if" x 2 & a "but" is kinda weak & puny.

4>0rings
04-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Cept "would've" "if" x 2 & a "but" is kinda weak & puny.
Checking to see if this is posted somewhere else...

Giuseppe
04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Checking to see if this is posted somewhere else...

Don't bother. I'm watchin' my p's & q's with a fine tooth comb.

TampaDude
04-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Don't forget Fisher tackling Barry in 2008 with no whistle thanks to our old pal Joey. :lol

Rummpd
04-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Not a meltdown during the streak per se, but am one of many who has called out Pop for over relying on Bonner perhaps too much and he still is IMO not employing the right lineups but we will see going fwd. Bottom line despite 60 wins - Spurs are not winning anything unless he uses all the bigs. Therefore, if he does not employ the bench effectively, I and others will "meltdown some" if the Spurs do not reach at least the WCF. Lakers still favored IMO but the gap is not as large as some make it out to be, and 4-5 teams other than Lakers or Spurs can take teams to long series and the Thunder, Blazers, Grizz, and Nuggets could really scare the top teams and probably one of them will pull an upset.
Right now if the Spurs don't win rooting for the Nuggets as I met Karl several times in Seattle and he is a hell of a coach and and a person. As for the Nuggets, except for Martin (who has perhaps improved with time as a person and a player) and that headcase Birdman (he is eccentric but actually seems ok, they are a good group to root for - sort of the castoffs made good. Nene is a true great player and it is nice to see him with a larger rule and their guards are dangerously quick and that is a deep team overall.

Giuseppe
04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
My ass, Doc. You blew yer stack up there.

Don't fret, you weren't alone.

Rummpd
04-07-2011, 03:56 PM
We were sweating it a little as the LAL played well but apparently shot their wad as well at least until the real season starts. Damm though Bynum is really emerging, and that is scary!

TampaDude
04-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Did the Lakers peak too soon??? I sure hope so...

Bill_Brasky
04-07-2011, 05:52 PM
My ass, Doc. You blew yer stack up there.

Don't fret, you weren't alone.

He wrote an open letter to coach pop. If that isn't melting down, I don't know what is.

JJ Hickson
04-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Pop sticking with his chosen ones RJ and Bonner, let us see the light of Pop somehow, and someway because these are dark times to be a Spurs fan, and we are all befuddled!

JJ Hickson
04-07-2011, 06:15 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/contact/club_directory.html

Sent by email to the link on other (have had a response from Spurs several years ago from an assistant coach to a similar email)

Dear Coach Gregg Popovich:

From the outside as a perspective of a decades long fan (who has also written formerly for a paid website on the NBA and loves your Spurs) can you explain why you do not play Splitter more, especially, after he truly produced several games in a row during Duncan's injury rising to the level of 10th on the rookie ladder on NBA.com this week? Mr. Splitter has proven himself in international level play and seems to bring the only other needed size up front besides Duncan and a game, but aging MyDysess can give on occasion.

Besides some nice numbers as far as rebounds, points and block shots or near blocks; he also shut down Lamar Aldridge two straight games - no small feat this year. Therefore, why was he not given a chance to help stop the Boston run of 14 points and/or be left in with Duncan to help shut down Rondo's drives or to send someone with true length out on Garnett toward the perimeter, if Duncan was not assigned to do so?

Along a similar line of thinking, can you explain why Mr. Bonner is playing so much even when his outside shot is not falling, as he seems to be (despite trying hard) a non effective one on one or help defender? You always stressed defense; what has changed? Splitter, Duncan, and MyDysess seem to cover some of these deficiencies; why then do Bonner and Blair play together so much? Mr. Splitter is not perfect and will develop to be even better with time, but he also in limited time has drawn 15+ offensive fouls, sets screens and is a wonderful passer much of the time.

Also, why do Duncan and Splitter seemingly never get to play legit minutes together? It seems if Splitter had started based on his fine 4 or 5 starts, Duncan and him could have teamed well together. Duncan can fire from the outside, Splitter lives around the basket on both sides, and both can defend the paint well. I recall, that Oberto, a similar type of player to Splitter internationally but not as talented in many ways; did the high and low with Duncan well as anyone in basketball, and I believe Ginobili, Parker and Jefferson would also benefit from having him up front.

Maybe you already have a plan to address some of these concerns - based on probable playoff matchups?

Thanks for lettting me sound off and any feedback from you your staff would be appreciated either to myself or to the local press that covers the team (I especially a fan of a Ms. Kori Elllis with spurstalk.com) Highest Regards, PDR (name supplied)

Drachen
04-07-2011, 07:29 PM
3 Back-2-Backs during this Century is the elephant in the room.

are you trying to count the 2001 championship in two different back to backs? This is the only way that what you are saying makes sense. I am sorry that after 5 championships you feel like you have to stretch truths like that to seem legitimate. Feel good, the lakers are a good team without the fuzzy math.

cobbler
04-07-2011, 08:47 PM
are you trying to count the 2001 championship in two different back to backs? This is the only way that what you are saying makes sense. I am sorry that after 5 championships you feel like you have to stretch truths like that to seem legitimate. Feel good, the lakers are a good team without the fuzzy math.

Nothing fuzzy there. A 3 peat is 2 back to backs. Thats why they are so difficult. Certainly a Spurs fan should know this.

Drachen
04-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Nothing fuzzy there. A 3 peat is 2 back to backs. Thats why they are so difficult. Certainly a Spurs fan should know this.

Sad, cant you just accept that your team is good?

cobbler
04-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Sad, cant you just accept that your team is good?

I absolutely accept it. Our team is really good. :toast

Axe Murderer
04-26-2011, 11:05 AM
(Mavs or is the Mavs case in reality a regression to the mean effect for an over-rated team with a paltry point differential under 4.0*?), Meanwhile, fans of the over-hyped but still tough Grizz

*IMO yes the Mavs very over-rated and are the team the Spurs or LAL should be drooling to play in the 2nd round (if Mavs survive that long

Looks like someone might be hesitant to wander to the out of bounds area in which he would have a in depth conversation with the basketball advisor after this ill advised thread

SourCandy
04-26-2011, 11:08 AM
oh gee another bumped thread.

Axe Murderer
04-26-2011, 11:14 AM
lol Rummpd

Muser
04-26-2011, 11:16 AM
:lmao remember when Rummpd only wanted to listen on the phone and accidentally called into the mono show. Dudes been phoning too many sex lines.

Axe Murderer
04-26-2011, 11:17 AM
:lol that was a fake Rummpd

Muser
04-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Awh fuck :depressed

Banzai
04-26-2011, 11:33 AM
rump...I mean bump.

Venti Quattro
04-26-2011, 11:33 AM
rump...I mean bump.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

stretch
04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
rump...I mean bump.

actually it wasnt bump

i MAke GOod POlls
04-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Rummpd is a gigantic faggot

if point differential was all that mattered, the Phoenix Suns would have won 3 titles in a row at least

Venti Quattro
04-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Rummpd is a gigantic faggot

if point differential was all that mattered, the Phoenix Suns would have won 3 titles in a row at least

And the Lakers would have no rings in 2009 and 2010.

Ace
04-26-2011, 11:36 AM
lol Rummpd

mavsfan1000
04-26-2011, 12:27 PM
:lol

in2deep
04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
:lol

badfish22
04-27-2011, 03:31 PM
:lol what a fucking dumbass

ginobili's bald spot
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
oh gee another Rummpd thread.

MavDynasty
04-27-2011, 04:56 PM

ChrisRichards
04-27-2011, 05:02 PM
The good Doctor

Axe Murderer
04-27-2011, 05:06 PM
crofl @ this e-mail Rummpd sent Poppovich

"Dear Coach Gregg Popovich:

From the outside as a perspective of a decades long fan (who has also written formerly for a paid website on the NBA and loves your Spurs) can you explain why you do not play Splitter more, especially, after he truly produced several games in a row during Duncan's injury rising to the level of 10th on the rookie ladder on NBA.com this week? Mr. Splitter has proven himself in international level play and seems to bring the only other needed size up front besides Duncan and a game, but aging MyDysess can give on occasion.

Besides some nice numbers as far as rebounds, points and block shots or near blocks; he also shut down Lamar Aldridge two straight games - no small feat this year. Therefore, why was he not given a chance to help stop the Boston run of 14 points and/or be left in with Duncan to help shut down Rondo's drives or to send someone with true length out on Garnett toward the perimeter, if Duncan was not assigned to do so?

Along a similar line of thinking, can you explain why Mr. Bonner is playing so much even when his outside shot is not falling, as he seems to be (despite trying hard) a non effective one on one or help defender? You always stressed defense; what has changed? Splitter, Duncan, and MyDysess seem to cover some of these deficiencies; why then do Bonner and Blair play together so much? Mr. Splitter is not perfect and will develop to be even better with time, but he also in limited time has drawn 15+ offensive fouls, sets screens and is a wonderful passer much of the time.

Also, why do Duncan and Splitter seemingly never get to play legit minutes together? It seems if Splitter had started based on his fine 4 or 5 starts, Duncan and him could have teamed well together. Duncan can fire from the outside, Splitter lives around the basket on both sides, and both can defend the paint well. I recall, that Oberto, a similar type of player to Splitter internationally but not as talented in many ways; did the high and low with Duncan well as anyone in basketball, and I believe Ginobili, Parker and Jefferson would also benefit from having him up front.

Maybe you already have a plan to address some of these concerns - based on probable playoff matchups?

Thanks for lettting me sound off and any feedback from you your staff would be appreciated either to myself or to the local press that covers the team (I especially a fan of a Ms. Kori Elllis with spurstalk.com) Highest Regards, PDR (name supplied)"

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ace
04-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Crofl rummpd