PDA

View Full Version : I finally figured out why Pop plays Bonner so much..

TDfan2007
04-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks to NBA 2K11! You see I was in a WCSF game 6 situation against Dallas. Up until this game Bonner had been the epitome of garbage, but something changed in game 6. Dallas blitzed every pick and roll, leaving good ol' Matty wide open time after time. End result: Bonner goes 5-5 from downtown and the Mavs never recover. Spurs win in 6.

This is Pop's master plan. He knows about the laws of statistics, and therefore knows that Matty is bound to have at least one of these types of games come playoff time. It's genius! I mean...he can't go 1-5 every game...can he?

Texas_Ranger
04-07-2011, 11:15 AM
In the playoffs he can go 0-5 everytime. It's Matt Bonner we're talking about.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I have no doubt that Bonner must have pics of Pop with a midget tranny.

Kuestmaster
04-07-2011, 11:16 AM
You underestimate the snowman. He can

SenorSpur
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks to NBA 2K11! You see I was in a WCSF game 6 situation against Dallas. Up until this game Bonner had been the epitome of garbage, but something changed in game 6. Dallas blitzed every pick and roll, leaving good ol' Matty wide open time after time. End result: Bonner goes 5-5 from downtown and the Mavs never recover. Spurs win in 6.

This is Pop's master plan. He knows about the laws of statistics, and therefore knows that Matty is bound to have at least one of these types of games come playoff time. It's genius! I mean...he can't go 1-5 every game...can he?

Clearly flashbacks to 2003, when Steve Kerr stepped up and went 4-4 in the 4th quarter to help bring the Spurs back to win Game 6 and clinch the series over the Mavs in the WCF.

The difference is Kerr was a playoff killer, Bonner is a playoff choker.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-07-2011, 11:32 AM
.he can't go 1-5 every game...can he?

If Bonner was to go 1/5 every game in the playoffs his career playoff FG % would actually improve. Not even trying to be funny here.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-07-2011, 11:38 AM
If Bonner was to go 1/5 every game in the playoffs his career playoff FG % would actually improve. Not even trying to be funny here.

OMG. WTF. Can't even LOL.

BRs.Ganso
04-07-2011, 12:00 PM

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5100/235668489.gif

enjoying the topic, in brief for 2K11, my new project:

USA, Brazil, Argentina and Australia NT

http://www.draftbrasil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30031

:rolleyes

wontstartdumbthreads
04-07-2011, 12:08 PM
enjoying the topic, in brief for 2K11, my new project:

USA, Brazil, Argentina and Australia NT

http://www.draftbrasil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30031

:rolleyes

Is that written in Brazilian or Argentinian?

MaNuMaNiAc
04-07-2011, 12:13 PM

:lol No such thing as Brazilian or Argentinian. Its either Portuguese or Spanish.

and in that case, its Portuguese

BRs.Ganso
04-07-2011, 12:24 PM

In portuguese (Brazilian language, same of Portugal)... but I will post news in english in brief... jerseys, logos, portraits are finished, just missing finishes the roster... :lol

easy7
04-07-2011, 12:24 PM

it's not written in American, that's for sure.. :hat

Phenomanul
04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I have no doubt that Bonner must have pics of Pop with a midget tranny.

No... Bonner just happened to find the same pics that Finley once passed on to Bogans...

8FOR!3
04-07-2011, 03:41 PM
I honestly think this is the year he's going to step up in the playoffs. His slump was a little early and I think the past week he's been shooting the ball a little better.

lefty
04-07-2011, 03:41 PM
CIA Pop :tu

DMC
04-07-2011, 05:56 PM
If Pop would sit his red headed ass all but 10 minutes of the game, we might not need the 5 for 5 to bail us out. The fucker could be called the tax man, because when he shows up, your gain is fucking gone like that.

Warlord23
04-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Bonner is the equivalent of the irritating, brown-nosing employee who kisses his boss's ass in every meeting, brings coffee to the boss early in the morning and generally ingratiates himself with his superiors. Even though he might be talentless, he'll generally get promoted on the basis of his ass-kissing.

That's basically why Bonner gets playing time on the Spurs. He's Pop's favorite pet dog who wags his tail and runs around him all the time. Pop has convinced himself that Bonner is a diligent player who tries hard and can genuinely succeed - of course, in the real world Bonner is very limited in his basketball ability. But Pop will never see it that way.

ShoogarBear
04-07-2011, 07:03 PM
The image of Pop playing 2K11 is hard to shake.

analyzed
04-08-2011, 05:04 AM
And the difference is Kerr was never expected to consistently play 20 plus minutes, furthermore Kerr's lack of size and defense could never be captialized on as he never was matched up against a scoring athetic shooting guard. (most case he was matched up vs second string pt guards) With bonner he will be forced to be matched up vs a Odom or even Gasol during games. This is where Bonner will be chop meat .

Clearly flashbacks to 2003, when Steve Kerr stepped up and went 4-4 in the 4th quarter to help bring the Spurs back to win Game 6 and clinch the series over the Mavs in the WCF.

The difference is Kerr was a playoff killer, Bonner is a playoff choker.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-08-2011, 05:13 AM

Well you're wrong, but what the hell, facts shouldn't stand in the way of a proper old fashioned whining :toast

sananspursfan21
04-08-2011, 08:24 AM
on my franchise mode, the spurs traded bonner the first season for nene

Man In Black
04-08-2011, 07:16 PM
And the difference is Kerr was never expected to consistently play 20 plus minutes, furthermore Kerr's lack of size and defense could never be captialized on as he never was matched up against a scoring athetic shooting guard. (most case he was matched up vs second string pt guards) With bonner he will be forced to be matched up vs a Odom or even Gasol during games. This is where Bonner will be chop meat .

If you think about that particular Dallas series, Nellie made it a point to attack Steve with Michael Finley. The deal is that when the Mavs did that, it took away from them running their normal offense. That basically made them predictable. Finley wasn't killing Kerr the way it seems that opposing bigs torch Bonner.

td4mvp21
04-08-2011, 07:25 PM

http://i53.tinypic.com/292b95g.gif