PDA

View Full Version : Is Repug Anti-miscegnation racism?

boutons_deux
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Shock poll: 46% of Mississippi Republicans think interracial marriage should be illegal

A new poll out of Mississippi finds that in a bastion of America's south, many Republican voters have tightly held onto the old, hateful views of race as a dividing line in society.

A full 46 percent of Mississippi Republicans said they believe interracial marriage should be illegal, according to the left-leaning survey group Public Policy Polling. Only 40 percent said they thought it should remain legal, with the rest unsure.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/07/shock-poll-46-of-mississippi-republicans-think-interracial-marriage-should-be-illegal/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

=============

I figure the same poll in LA, AL, GA, KY, TN, VA, NC,SC, would have similar results

The Repugs' Southern Strategy wasn't racist, either.

and here's Macaca Allen dog-whistling again:

George Allen apologizes for assuming African-American reporter played sports

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/07/george-allen-apologizes-for-assuming-african-american-reporter-played-sports/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

Marcus Bryant
04-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Or, left-leaning survey group tries to get attention by taking stupid polls.

Marcus Bryant
04-07-2011, 01:25 PM
What would be interesting is to see the Demo splits on interracial marriage. Naturally, that is not provided...

Wild Cobra
04-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I'll bet they would get similar results or worse from white democrats if they were polled.

MS GOP: Bryant for Gov., Barbour or Huckabee for Pres. (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_MS_0407915.pdf)

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 01:31 PM
lol @ another bouton's poll fail.

Shocking. Only 32% of those polled were under 45.

It's the older generation that hangs on to the bigoted nonsense. Thanks for finding a poll to tell us water is wet.
You are a useful idiot afterall.:lmao

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 01:32 PM
What would be interesting is to see the Demo splits on interracial marriage. Naturally, that is not provided...

Of course not. That was not the purpose of this targeted "poll".

Wild Cobra
04-07-2011, 01:36 PM

It's the older generation that hangs on to the bigoted nonsense. Thanks for finding a poll to tell us water is wet.
You are a useful idiot afterall.:lmao
Call me an idiot all you want. Just don't call me late for dinner.

Funny how someone interjected that question in a poll only offered to republicans. Must have been afraid to see how democrats would have responded.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 01:37 PM
The crosstabs on this poll are hilarious. It must really piss off ideologues like boutonski to see that 64% of those polled who favor Palin favor interracial marriage. Huckabee pwns all at 73% favorablitly.:lol

boutons_deux
04-07-2011, 01:42 PM
"how democrats would have responded"

Long-time southern Dems switched to Repug after 1960s integration plus Repugs Southern Strategy (Tricky Dick + a young and already nasty-assed scum-bag Roger Ailes) race-baiting them into Repug racism.

Repugs painted the Dems as the party of blacks and Jews.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.audioandanarchy.com/images/smilies/fack.png

Wild Cobra
04-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Teysha, it's one of his common themes. You should be used to it by now.

boutons_deux
04-07-2011, 02:04 PM
yes, my common theme is kick-assing into the Lies and Slander of Repugs and right-wingers.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 02:10 PM
yes, your common theme is to get bitch slapped with your own poll and then furiously move the goal posts in a failed attempt at redemption.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Kick-assing? Adverb of some sort?

coyotes_geek
04-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Stage 1: boutons crafts a one sided, biased and misleading arguement against repugs
Stage 2: someone calls him on it and points out culpability on the other side
Stage 3: boutons ignores democrat culpability and takes the discussion to a more transcendental state along the lines of "the man" trying to keep everybody down.

All we need now is another round of rebuttals (stage 4) and the inevitable boutons retreat involving some kind of personal insult (stage 5) and our business will be done here.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I should keep that in a notepad.txt file. It's handy.:lol

Wild Cobra
04-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Stage 1: boutons crafts a one sided, biased and misleading arguement against repugs
Stage 2: someone calls him on it and points out culpability on the other side
Stage 3: boutons ignores democrat culpability and takes the discussion to a more transcendental state along the lines of "the man" trying to keep everybody down.

All we need now is another round of rebuttals (stage 4) and the inevitable boutons retreat involving some kind of personal insult (stage 5) and our business will be done here.
You mean like calling out the VRWC?

coyotes_geek
04-07-2011, 02:39 PM
You mean like calling out the VRWC?

Exactly.

Oh, Gee!!
04-07-2011, 03:29 PM

I think that's because the sample is 400 from "usual Republican primary voters." It's probably because younger people don't vote in the same numbers as older people, and they probably don't vote as often in the primaries.

boutons_deux
04-07-2011, 03:33 PM
The VRWC needs exposing as long as you right-wing fucktards deny it exists.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I think that's because the sample is 400 from "usual Republican primary voters." It's probably because younger people don't vote in the same numbers as older people, and they probably don't vote as often in the primaries.

Most polling organizations will attempt to level the population if a representative sample is truly wanted. That does not appear to be the case here.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 03:37 PM
*Spin*
Congrats. You hit stage 5.:lol

C'mon boutnoski. Defend your "Poll". :lmao

Oh, Gee!!
04-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Most polling organizations will attempt to level the population if a representative sample is truly wanted. That does not appear to be the case here.

how do you know that it's not a true representation? maybe voters younger than 45 make up a significantly smaller percentage of "usual republican primary voters" is all I'm saying.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I can't know for sure. The other organizations like Pew, and Gallup will release the makeup of their polling populations to keep things clean and clear....which is a fairly common practice. I found no such information from Public Policy Polling which gives pause as to just how representative a sample this actually is.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 04:06 PM
how do you know that it's not a true representation? maybe voters younger than 45 make up a significantly smaller percentage of "usual republican primary voters" is all I'm saying.

My gut feel is, voters < 45 probably make up a smaller percentage than >45. But, gut feelings make terrible polling tools.

Oh, Gee!!
04-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I can't know for sure. The other organizations like Pew, and Gallup will release the makeup of their polling populations to keep things clean and clear....which is a fairly common practice. I found no such information from Public Policy Polling which gives pause as to just how representative a sample this actually is.

you could call them.

My gut feel is, voters < 45 probably make up a smaller percentage than >45. But, gut feelings make terrible polling tools.

you could call them and find out if that's what they did (used their collective gut as a polling tool).

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I could do any number of things if this were my OP. It aint.

Oh, Gee!!
04-07-2011, 04:10 PM
I could do any number of things if this were my OP. It aint.

you're attacking the poll. there's a number you could call and ask them directly.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 04:12 PM
You do understand that by excluding the population breakdown, they have done a nice job of calling the results into question without me doing a single thing. They ostensibly do this for a living. Let them carry the water.

boutons_deux
04-07-2011, 04:16 PM
If it were a poll of the under 50, it's bad.

Then a poll of over 50 years old would be a lot worse.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 04:22 PM
But they don't bother to tell us, do they?

With all the cross tabs run on the data, they don't bother to break it out by age? Fucking ridiculous. It's a 20 second pivot table, but by omitting this basic bit of analysis, it fosters the view that there may be an agenda at work here....even if you discount the bizarre incongruency of polling for Republican candidate preference and tossing in a question about inter-racial marriage.

TeyshaBlue
04-07-2011, 04:24 PM
In short, this poll stinks by dint of purposeful or accidental exculsions of data and related analysis.