PDA

View Full Version : The All NBA All-Star Christian Team

Koolaid_Man
04-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Character, leadership (http://www.christianpost.com/topics/leadership/), integrity, and faith, :lmao...before I get into it...I will list mine:

David Robinson ( for being an Apostle re-incarnate)

A.C Green ( for being the first 40 yr old virgin)

Tim Duncan ( for being Robinson's bitch)

Ray Allen ( for once saying that KG curses too much)

Mahmoud abdul-rauf (not a Christian but he was my boy wouldn't pledge the flag - Muslim)

I had no idea about Allen Houston... ( I think he turned Christian only when he tried to revive his career) :lol

Here's a Sample:

http://images.christianpost.com/middle/34493/allan-houston-2008-all-star-breakfast.jpgFormer N.Y. Knicks playerAllan Houston (second) receives the Bobby Jones Award at the All-Star Breakfast in New Orleans, La., on Feb. 16, 2008. (Photo: Athletes in Action / Katie Campbell)

Character, leadership (http://www.christianpost.com/topics/leadership/), integrity, and faith, Dave Lower, spokesman for Athletes in Action, told the Christian Post.

At the third annual All-Star Breakfast on Saturday, the sports ministry honored two Christian leaders in the NBA with two esteemed basketball awards for their demonstration of such qualities on and off the court. The awards honor a current or former NBA coach, owner or executive and a current or former NBA player, respectively.

Allan Houston, a two-time NBA All-Star who is considered one of the all-time leading scorers in N.Y. Knicks history, took home the Bobby Jones Award.

This is the best example ever: :lmao I can just see this happening...none of us have this type of integrity and that's a fact...:lmao

My ball headed the other way...:lol

According to Lower, Jones was a fine example of a Christian NBA player who exhibited integrity even when it was not called for. In one game, Lower said, Jones admitted that the ball went out of bounds on his account even though the mistake was made on his team's side of the court and the referee didn't witness the fault.

Houston beat out A.C. Green, an NBA All-Star who played the most consecutive games played by anyone in the NBA, and David Robinson, a 10-time NBA All-Star, Olympic Gold Medalist, 2-time NBA Champion, and NBA MVP, for the award.

Ernie Johnson, studio host for "Inside the NBA" on TNT, served as the emcee for the event.

The All-Star Breakfast is hosted by Athletes in Action (AIA), the sports ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ International. It is part of a series of events by AIA designed to honor athletes and coaches who model exemplary character, values, integrity and faith.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christian-nba-role-models-honored-at-all-star-breakfast-31239/

Venti Quattro
04-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Whoever plays for the spurs tbh

Dunc n Dave
04-07-2011, 07:58 PM

Actually, there aren't a lot of self-professed Christians on the current Spurs roster anymore. It's documented that Manu doesn't believe in God, and rumored that Duncan is the same. Parker supposedly isn't very religious either.

Ever since Bowen left, the Spurs don't really have a Christian spokesperson anymore. I've been to few "FAITH NIGHT" Spurs games where they had Bowen, Avery Johnson, David Robinson, and Charlie Ward as the speaker after the game, but the group that organizes those nights (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) hasn't been able to have one the last couple of years because the Spurs can't find a current player to "volunteer" to speak about their faith after the game like the guys above mentioned did.

Charlie Ward though was WELL KNOWN for preaching to his teammates in the locker room from his Bible all the time. To the point that he even admitted that some of his former teammates avoided him in the locker room.

Koolaid_Man
04-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Actually, there aren't a lot of self-professed Christians on the current Spurs roster anymore. It's documented that Manu doesn't believe in God, and rumored that Duncan is the same. Parker supposedly isn't very religious either.

Ever since Bowen left, the Spurs don't really have a Christian spokesperson anymore. I've been to few "FAITH NIGHT" Spurs games where they had Bowen, Avery Johnson, David Robinson, and Charlie Ward as the speaker after the game, but the group that organizes those nights (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) hasn't been able to have one the last couple of years because the Spurs can't find a current player to "volunteer" to speak about their faith after the game like the guys above mentioned did.

Charlie Ward though was WELL KNOWN for preaching to his teammates in the locker room from his Bible all the time. To the point that he even admitted that some of his former teammates avoided him in the locker room.

what kind of sick joke is this...Mr. Dirty Karate Kicks To The Face was a Christian spokesperson...no way man no way....:lmao

Ever since Bowen left, the Spurs don't really have a Christian spokesperson anymore.Perhaps Spur fan can reignite "Faith Night" :lmao

I get it.... here is the run down:

Popovich cheats by Tanking

Timmy has a tongue ring....

Dick is gay too

Parker Sleeps with His Homies Wives

Neal Gang Rapes even when the victim is vomitting

George Hill takes nude pics for the world

Manu supports gay marriage:

lIgY-2MIzVE

So perhaps the Spurs aren't the ALL Christian Team anymore....

Drachen
04-07-2011, 09:23 PM
So perhaps the Spurs aren't the ALL Christian Team anymore....

Um, you are correct, this is pretty much what TC posted a full 6 mins before you. Good job on the echo though.

Brazil
04-07-2011, 09:42 PM
pay 500$ and be part of the christian team kool

daspurs
04-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Ray allen= illumanti

DMC
04-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Bonner is a Christian. He gets crucified every game.

Dunc n Dave
04-07-2011, 11:17 PM
And yes, Bruce Bowen was very open about his faith in Christ. I think I still have video of him talking about it on a faith night back in 2007. It's ignorant people like KoolAid that think you can't be a Christian and play aggressively in your chosen sport.

Guys like LaDanian Tomlinson, Albert Pujols, Kurt Warner, Josh Hamilton, John Smoltz, Mariano Rivera, Reggie White, Evander Holyfield, and George Foreman are all well known Christian athletes who aren't exactly known for being soft.

Greg Oden
04-07-2011, 11:20 PM
LaDanian Tomlinson, Albert Pujols, Kurt Warner, Josh Hamilton, John Smoltz, Mariano Rivera, Reggie White, Evander Holyfield, and George Foreman are all well known Christian athletes who aren't exactly known for being soft.

oh please, give me a break.

Juggity
04-08-2011, 12:35 AM
That kind of religious stuff should not be expressed at a basketball game, to be honest. It has no place there.

Churches exist for a reason. Keep religion within the church if you're into religion.

rayjayjohnson
04-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Puh-lease.

Wade wears 3 for the holy trinity. All else pales in comparison.

jag
04-08-2011, 08:18 AM
I remember when Dwight Howard was drafted he said he wanted to model his career and Christian faith after David Robinson.

I'm not sure that's worked out so well...

ogait
04-08-2011, 08:31 AM

hbWvhxvt2E8

Lakers thanking the lord :cry

nkdlunch
04-08-2011, 08:32 AM
this thread sucks w/out Nene

dude is gonna be a priest after NBA.

also Barbosa I think. Both fanatics.

Bito Corleone
04-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Before Dwight Howard was in the NBA, "Replace the logo with a Cross" was above "Win a Championship" on his list of goals.

DMX7
04-08-2011, 10:07 AM
A.C. Green probaby could have had 100's of women. I amazed that he could resist that.

Supergirl
04-08-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.mademan.com/mm/10-best-christian-basketball-players.html

If you're interested in making a real list.

Riddler
04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Manu supports gay marriage:

Shouldn't that make you happy?

LakerHater
04-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Kevin Durant

2pac > Kobe
04-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Ray allen= illumanti
ixhSOjrHcec

Roger Freemason Jr.
04-08-2011, 02:54 PM

Who documented that? I'm almost certain you've never read anything about Manu's lack of beliefs, nor Duncan's or Parker's. Manu is from South America, which doesn't prove he believes in God, but South Americans are usually very religious.

Koolaid_Man
04-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Shouldn't that make you happy?

sure I'm very happy for you....:lol

Koolaid_Man
04-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Bonner is a Christian. He gets crucified every game.

:lol

duncan228
04-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Who documented that? I'm almost certain you've never read anything about Manu's lack of beliefs, nor Duncan's or Parker's. Manu is from South America, which doesn't prove he believes in God, but South Americans are usually very religious.

The Manu Doesn't Believe in God Thread

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106920