PDA

View Full Version : Will the bulls finally catch the spurs?

Yao明
04-08-2011, 04:53 AM
The bulls will catch the spurs as long as the spurs lose one more game .in finals.having HCA is extremely important that would be a factor to determine who is going to be the better team to win it all. Dude .do u guys scare?

td_tp_manu
04-08-2011, 05:01 AM
It will be really amazing if Bulls wins all its remaining games

dbestpro
04-08-2011, 07:01 AM
I would not be surprised especially if they are allowed to keep playing like the Bears as they were against Boston. Of course Boston probably deserves it, but I can't see them being allowed to play that way against Miami or LA come playoff time. They'd be given the green light to try and pancake the Spurs.

will_spurs
04-08-2011, 07:21 AM
The bulls will catch the spurs as long as the spurs lose one more game

I think you forgot about the part that says the Bulls have to win all their 4 remaining games...

Tinystarz
04-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Can totally see it happening. The magic is the only one can give the bulls some trouble. As for the spurs,you have to worry about them pesky lakers.

honestfool84
04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Dude .do u guys scare?

why doesn't Yao明 have "can't start threads" underneath his name yet?
:rolleyes

spursbird
04-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Dude .do u guys scare?
Dude please don't start threads.

boutons_deux
04-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Fri, Apr 8 @Cleveland W
Sun, Apr 10 @Orlando W] ( SuperCretin Howard took himself out)
Tue, Apr 12 @NY Knicks W
Wed, Apr 13 vsNew Jersey W

nkdlunch
04-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Bulls will NOT make the finals. too inexperienced.

honestfool84
04-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Bulls will NOT make the finals. too inexperienced.

that, too.

i would love if Pop started Tiago, Anderson, and Novak the rest of the regular season, just to give them plenty of playing time, and to also give the Big3 + Dyess plenty of rest.

i don't see the Bulls coming out of the East, and the Spurs are guaranteed AT LEAST the 2nd best seed overall.

nkdlunch
04-08-2011, 09:00 AM
^ yes. Pop has shut down the team. Now to tweak rotations and rest players.

sa_butta
04-08-2011, 09:37 AM
The bulls will catch the spurs as long as the spurs lose one more game .in finals.having HCA is extremely important that would be a factor to determine who is going to be the better team to win it all. Dude .do u guys scare?
Why would we be scared of a team we will not likely face again till next season?? I highly doubt the Bulls get passed the Heat or Boston in a series.

boutons_deux
04-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Bulls' defense, on display vs Celts, will take them to ECF, at least.

Rummpd
04-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Who cares if and when the Spurs play the Bulls they will probably grab one in Chicago anyway or more.

Bito Corleone
04-08-2011, 10:27 AM
I know some people probably saw this on Inside the NBA last night, but it still surprised me. If the Bulls and Spurs end up with the same record and meet in the finals home court is decided like this.

Head to head record: 1-1

Record vs opposing conference: 23-7 (both teams the same)

After this it would come down to...A random drawing deciding who gets home court in the Finals.

Agloco
04-08-2011, 10:49 AM
It will be really amazing if Bulls wins all its remaining games

I think you forgot about the part that says the Bulls have to win all their 4 remaining games...

Fri, Apr 8 @Cleveland W
Sun, Apr 10 @Orlando W] ( SuperCretin Howard took himself out)
Tue, Apr 12 @NY Knicks W
Wed, Apr 13 vsNew Jersey W

This. The Bulls will win out. We will not. In the event of a tie, I do not know who has the edge right now.

Agloco
04-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Who cares if and when the Spurs play the Bulls they will probably grab one in Chicago anyway or more.

Not the way they've been playing of late. Chicago is on fire at the right time. 17-2 in their last 19.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-08-2011, 10:52 AM
My mind's gone back and forth on this like 9 times in the last few hours but for the moment I'm leaning towards the Bulls picking it up. They're playing well enough that they could win out. Pop's got some health concerns to balance with knowing that they've got HCA locked up for the west. Do you push guys like Ginobili to beat out a team that you may not even see IF you make it all the way to the finals?

With that said I'll probably change my mind in 20 minutes.

honestfool84
04-08-2011, 10:53 AM
^^ :lol

Reck
04-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Lets see, Spurs lose 1 out of 3, they still get best record.

Bulls win their remaining games, still dont get best record.

Spurs can afford to lose a game unlike the Bulls.

Is really a long shot for the Bulls to grab the best record but possible.

Wouldn't bet on it though.

Overall though, neither team should be concetrating on trying to get best record because it doesn't matter until the Finals and the possibility of these two teams meeting there is highly unlikely.

honestfool84
04-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Lets see, Spurs lose 1 out of 3, they still get best record.

Bulls win their remaining games, still dont get best record.

Spurs can afford to lose a game unlike the Bulls.

Is really a long shot for the Bulls to grab the best record but possible.

Wouldn't bet on it though.

Overall though, neither team should be concetrating on trying to get best record because it doesn't matter until the Finals and the possibility of these two teams meeting there is highly unlikely.

if Spurs lose one game, they're tied with the Bulls for 20 losses apiece.

they're not guaranteed best record overall.

Reck
04-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Well technically they wouldn't "earned" best record if Spurs lose a game and they have to go to a drawing.

Like some poster said above, both teams are deadlocked so they would have to go to a "drawing" to determined who gets it.

If Bulls were to get it by the drawing that would be base on luck.

A better option would be a 1 game-make to determined who gets best record if things are all tied up.

SenorSpur
04-08-2011, 12:10 PM
I really don't care if he Bulls catch the Spurs or not.

THe Fakers are obviously the biggest obstacle standing in the way of the Spurs and a trip back to the Finals.

I will say this. If the Spurs WERE somehow able to right itself and, in fact, able to dethrone the Fakers in a 7-game series and get to the Finals, I'm confident that they WILL win it all - home court advantage or not.

TampaDude
04-08-2011, 12:27 PM
I really don't care if he Bulls catch the Spurs or not.

THe Fakers are obviously the biggest obstacle standing in the way of the Spurs and a trip back to the Finals.

I will say this. If the Spurs WERE somehow able to right itself and, in fact, able to dethrone the Fakers in a 7-game series and get to the Finals, I'm confident that they WILL win it all - home court advantage or not.

^ this

If we get by the Lakers, the East team will not be a problem, HCA or no HCA.

boutons_deux
04-08-2011, 12:32 PM
"I do not know who has the edge right now"

Spurs/Bulls split their season games.

Bulls have a better rec vs WC than Spurs vs EC.

I really can't see Heat, Celts, or Magic winning a series with the first two games in Chicago, so I think Bulls take the EC.

Bito Corleone
04-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Bulls have a better rec vs WC than Spurs vs EC.
Spurs 23-7 vs East
Bulls 23-7 vs West

spurs10
04-08-2011, 04:15 PM
With the #1 seed in the west locked up, I will be surprised if Manu, Tim, and Dice don't get some rest. Maybe not the Utah game, but I can't see Pop taking any unnecessary risk in LA. Probably wants to keep some rhythm going, so I doubt they will bench the older guys entirely. I feel certain the Bulls position will not be the primary reasoning for much in the way of preparing for the real show.
:flag:

boutons_deux
04-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Spurs before the season said they wanted HCA, and that includes the Finals.

hitmanyr2k
04-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Barring a major letdown the Bulls will officially lock up #1 seed in the East against the Cavs tonight. I think Thibs is going to rest his guys rather than go for the best record. No sense risking injury this late in the season.