View Full Version : 2011 Draft Prospect: Jamie Skeen

Bruno
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.knowledge-porch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/jamie-skeen.jpg
Height: 6-9
Weight: 240 lbs
Birthday: 05/02/1988
College: VCU

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jamie-Skeen-1214/)
nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jamie-skeen)

DesignatedT
04-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Skeen is an interesting prospect. Certainly made a name for himself in the tourney and had some great games. He seems very physical and pretty polished offensively.

kobyz
04-09-2011, 12:30 AM
he is the next... Anthony Tolliver

Bruno
05-14-2011, 12:06 AM
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports/high-school-xtra/2011/may/14/1/tdsport05-vcu-notes-ar-1038455/

Skeen has workout with Spurs

Skeen's showing during the NCAA tournament against some projected NBA players vaulted him into the draft mix, possibly in the second round.

Skeen had a workout scheduled with the San Antonio Spurs on Friday and probably will have "10-12 workouts" with other teams, Smart said.

Master splitter
05-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Looks like another Blair to me

Spurs da champs
05-14-2011, 04:03 AM

Blair can't shoot 3's, Dudes taller 2.

yavozerb
05-14-2011, 08:27 AM

Have you even see Skeen play before? if you had then you would know his game is not even close to blair's..

HankChinaski
05-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Like the man's handles in the paint. Still a bit raw inside, but shows promise. A little one dimensional inside the paint, but a season or two having a coaching staff work with him could do a lot of wonders.

Has a terrific range with his jumper. Scrappy, inside and out. Only issue I may see is his lateral quickness against other big men in he nba and whether he could keep himself in front of them 1 on 1. Interesting pick up for the spurs late first round pick, though if they found no one else he would be a nice pick up. Certainly would give room for removing bonner or blair in the off season or at least make blair hustle more in the off season and during the regular season to not get soft with a guy like this on the bench.

ohmwrecker
05-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Blair can't shoot 3's, Dudes taller 2.

You're right. Blair can't shoot threes at all, but Skeen isn't a great shooter either. He can knock down an open 3, but the rest of his game is similar to Blair's (low post, hustle rebounds, putbacks, etc.). And he might be slightly taller than Blair, but not much.

Have you even see Skeen play before? if you had then you would know his game is not even close to blair's..

Aside from the ability to hit an open jumper, it's pretty close.

At best he would be, in lieu of packaging Blair in a trade, essentially an upgrade replacement for Blair. Any post player who doesn't block shots or rebound the ball at a high rate, doesn't really interest me at this point.

yavozerb
05-14-2011, 03:56 PM
You're right. Blair can't shoot threes at all, but Skeen isn't a great shooter either. He can knock down an open 3, but the rest of his game is similar to Blair's (low post, hustle rebounds, putbacks, etc.). And he might be slightly taller than Blair, but not much.

Aside from the ability to hit an open jumper, it's pretty close.

At best he would be, in lieu of packaging Blair in a trade, essentially an upgrade replacement for Blair. Any post player who doesn't block shots or rebound the ball at a high rate, doesn't really interest me at this point.

:lol, do you really think we would be comparing this guy to Blair if Blair could hit an open jump shot? Hell no, cause Blair would have gotten drafted in the top 10...

ohmwrecker
05-14-2011, 05:41 PM
:lol, do you really think we would be comparing this guy to Blair if Blair could hit an open jump shot? Hell no, cause Blair would have gotten drafted in the top 10...

What does that have to do with anything?

Blair fell in the draft because of his knees. His ability to shoot jumpers had nothing to do with it.

yavozerb
05-14-2011, 06:22 PM
What does that have to do with anything?

Blair fell in the draft because of his knees. His ability to shoot jumpers had nothing to do with it.

Cause if Blair could shoot outside then he would have averaged 20
+/10+ easily in college..

ohmwrecker
05-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Cause if Blair could shoot outside then he would have averaged 20+/10+ easily in college..

Not necessarily. And he did avg 10+ rebounds in college . . . although I fail to see what that has to do with an imaginary jump shot.

yavozerb
05-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Not necessarily. And he did avg 10+ rebounds in college . . . although I fail to see what that has to do with an imaginary jump shot.

wow, nevermind..Just keep adding imaginary skills to players as to compare to other players to that player with the imaginary skill, is that clear enough :lol

ohmwrecker
05-14-2011, 10:49 PM
wow, nevermind..Just keep adding imaginary skills to players as to compare to other players to that player with the imaginary skill, is that clear enough :lol

No. Is that what you are doing?

I know I didn't add any imaginary skills to anyone. You are the one who supposed Blair had a jumper. Everyone else has takes that seem firmly rooted in reality.

Spurs da champs
05-15-2011, 04:39 AM

You must not have seen him the whole NCAA tournament.

ohmwrecker
05-15-2011, 10:12 AM
You must not have seen him the whole NCAA tournament.

Are you trying to say I'm wrong by assuming I didn't watch the NCAA tourney, while providing no shred of a counter argument yourself?

Spurs da champs
05-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Are you trying to say I'm wrong by assuming I didn't watch the NCAA tourney, while providing no shred of a counter argument yourself?

Read draftexpress asswipe. He shot 39 percent from 3 and has a solid post game.
He's also something blair isn't a decent post defender.

yavozerb
05-15-2011, 02:25 PM
I saw this guy play once against my Kansas Jayhawks in the tourney where he went for 26 pts and 10 rbs. This was against a frontline in which 2 will get drafted in the 1st rd this season and 1 next season.

ohmwrecker
05-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Read draftexpress asswipe. He shot 39 percent from 3 and has a solid post game.
He's also something blair isn't a decent post defender.

Look at the attempts, asswipe. I already gave him credit for hitting the open shot. Also, as long as you are on draftexpress, check his rebounding and shot blocking numbers.

Spurs da champs
05-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Look at the attempts, asswipe. I already gave him credit for hitting the open shot. Also, as long as you are on draftexpress, check his rebounding and shot blocking numbers.
Skeen>Blair & Bonner. :toast His post defense makes up for the shot blocking and he'a perimeter player, tho he probably could & can get better at rebounding.

ohmwrecker
05-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I like the kid, I just don't think he fills a need for the Spurs. He is not a great rebounder or shot blocker and he can't be an effective NBA SF. That's it.

Spurs da champs
05-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I like the kid, I just don't think he fills a need for the Spurs. He is not a great rebounder or shot blocker and he can't be an effective NBA SF. That's it.

I think he's better then Bonner, you? I'm saying get him if we can somehow get rid of Bonner, agree? Maybe in 2nd round?

ohmwrecker
05-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Skeen>Blair & Bonner.

You are probably right. I just don't see him filling a spot that the Spurs need filled. I could be wrong. Anything's possible.

yavozerb
05-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Skeen>Blair & Bonner. :toast His post defense makes up for the shot blocking and he'a perimeter player, tho he probably could & can get better at rebounding.

Wouldn't go that far...Sorry to disappoint but its very difficult to have a good perimeter player and good rebounder. Not gonna happen

yavozerb
05-15-2011, 02:35 PM
I think he's better then Bonner, you? I'm saying get him if we can somehow get rid of Bonner, agree? Maybe in 2nd round?

Better defender, yes. Better rebounder, probably. Better shooter, not even close.

ohmwrecker
05-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Sure. If Skeen's perimeter skills translate to the NBA. He is certainly an upgrade over Bonner, possibly Blair. However, unless the Spurs move either of those two players (preferably both), Skeen is superfluous.

ohmwrecker
05-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Not to mention that he would be a rookie playing under Pop.

Spurs da champs
05-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Wouldn't go that far...Sorry to disappoint but its very difficult to have a good perimeter player and good rebounder. Not gonna happen

Yeah I know but his rebounding can get better, not great but better. He defiantly seems like he's much better then Bonner.

Not to mention that he would be a rookie playing under Pop.
Sucks how Stubborn Pop is.