PDA

View Full Version : "Obama let me down" roll call _____

mouse
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Sorry Nbadan and other Obama supporters but I gave this dude a chance to "change" shit and I personally don't see it.

I was with you guys bashing Bush 24/7 but now I am beginning to wonder if we are better off with Bush back in office.

So I am going to be first to sign the
"Obama let me down" roll call _____

IN!

Winehole23
04-08-2011, 04:42 PM
I didn't vote for Obama, so it's more accurate to say he didn't live up to his own promise(s) than that he let me down specifically. Obama ran as a change candidate. Once elected, he wasted no time morphing into an establishmentarian par excellence.

mouse
04-08-2011, 05:00 PM
So your not going to sign in?

Winehole23
04-08-2011, 05:13 PM
No. I was skeptical before he was elected. The disappointing part is that he fulfilled my expectations, not that he fell short.

mouse
04-08-2011, 05:19 PM
So then in reality your just like him, your undecided and can't man up and put your name for something you support or feel strongly about?

Winehole23
04-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm not undecided at all. I think Obama sucks. Will that do?

baseline bum
04-08-2011, 05:35 PM
If Obama invades and occupies Libya then he can get that final step in towards being a Bush clone.

ManuBalboa
04-08-2011, 06:22 PM
http://images6.cafepress.com/product/419760766v7_150x150_Front.jpg

Was way too easy to call tbh.

SA210
04-08-2011, 07:25 PM
I never expected for him to be good. I knew he was fake and overhyped and voted in by the media and the sheep who followed. I expected what we are getting from him. I didn't vote for him either. And I'm far from Republican. I'd like to sign in, but I already knew he'd fail miserably. I'll sign in, but again, I already knew this is what we'd get. Wasn't one of the things brought up in debate was about him just voting "present" like 200 times or so? :lol

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Maybe expectations were a little unrealistic by some hard-core supporters.....Obama still has to play by the Washington establishment rules....as far as saving Wall Street, it was a necessary evil....they would have taken the whole country down with them and the expense to revive the whole system would have been multiplied by 3, or 10.....he's bringing combat troops home from Bush's misadventure in Iraq and stabilizing Afghanistan...along with destroying terrorists in Pakistan, Sudan, and other middle east hell holes....much of the health-care disappointment comes from his own party who wish he had gone further with a single-payer system.....still, some reform is better than none and 40 million people have insurance now...

baseline bum
04-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't think fighting for a public option and not having a financial team that stretched from Goldman to Sachs were unrealistic expectations.

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 07:38 PM
....everything that needs to be done by the government to get the economy growing again is in full gear, but Obama cannot make private business hire American workers...despite what pro-globalist wing-nuts think....he's released almost all the innocent prisoners in GITMO and the rest will see their day in court, or face a military tribunal...

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't think fighting for a public option and not having a financial team that stretched from Goldman to Sachs were unrealistic expectations.

I'm with you, the system has to be reformed, but is the middle of the worst financial catastrophe the US has seen since the civil war thanks to Bush and the do nothing GOP Congress is hardly the time to get into a sword fight...

CuckingFunt
04-08-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm not happy with every decision he's made in office, and am in fact quite unhappy with a few of them, but I never expected and/or demanded perfection. Our involvement in Lybia is particularly problematic to me, and a lot of how I judge his first term is going to be dependent upon what happens there. All of the other concessions he's made, however, and his failure to follow through on a number of his campaign promises, were inevitable -- the political landscape has become so divisive in recent years, and the democratic party has turned into such passive pussies, that anyone who expected Obama to run in and change shit on his own was hopelessly optimistic.

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 07:50 PM
All of the other concessions he's made, however, and his failure to follow through on a number of his campaign promises, were inevitable --

That's the power of the wing-nut echo chamber....Obama has kept a high percentage of his campaign promises

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/browse/

coyotes_geek
04-08-2011, 07:54 PM
I expected Obama to suck. I did not expect him to be W, the sequel.

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 07:59 PM
he's not.....McCain would have been though....

coyotes_geek
04-08-2011, 08:01 PM
he's not.....

:lol

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
What country has he invaded with ground troops again?

Halberto
04-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Present.

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Obama has been weak on many progressive causes...including reforming Wall Street and health-care but comparing him to the disaster that was Bush, and the do-nothing Congress is disingenuous...

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 08:09 PM
As I've posted before, had Bush just enforced the no-fly zone in Iraq, like Obama did in Lybia, there was no opposition...wing-nuts just like to make much ado about nothing...

coyotes_geek
04-08-2011, 08:10 PM
What country has he invaded with ground troops again?

..........because obviously whether or not Obama commits ground troops to a country we're not already in is the ONLY basis on which an Obama/Bush comparison can be made. Nevermind continuing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, continuing the Bush tax cuts, continuing massive defecit spending, continuing the patriot act, continuing corporate welfare giveaways, etc, etc, etc......................

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 08:13 PM
..........because obviously whether or not Obama commits ground troops to a country we're not already in is the ONLY basis on which an Obama/Bush comparison can be made. Nevermind continuing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, continuing the Bush tax cuts, continuing massive defecit spending, continuing the patriot act, continuing corporate welfare giveaways, etc, etc, etc......................

I've already addressed Lybia....most combat troops are being pulled from Iraq, with only a token force to stay and basically protect the flow of oil....keeping the U.S. economy stable....we are taking the war to the terrorist in Afghanistan, but I think we will see combat troops pulled from there when the Afghanistan govt is stabilized...or compromise is made with the Taliban...

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 08:16 PM
continuing the Bush tax cuts,

He cannot simple repeal the Bush tax cuts, that's a failure of Congress, namely Harry Reid to rally blue-dog democrats, however, at least the dems don;t walk lockstep with their party ideology....basically, democracy works....

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 08:19 PM
continuing massive defecit spending,

Consider yourself lucky, the lack of responsibility by the do-nothing GOP congress who let industry write their own regulation and rules for their own over-sight is what led us into this mess in the first place.....

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 08:24 PM
continuing the patriot act

temporarily, but it likely won't be extended again...or I would be surprised if it was...

Nbadan
04-08-2011, 08:25 PM
continuing corporate welfare giveaways

I agree, lets cut all farm and ethanol subsidies and eliminate corporate tax loop holes

boutons_deux
04-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Barry didn't have a chance against corrupt, paralyzed, polarized DC.

The Repugs are hell bent on fucking up govt to prove to their base that govt is fucked up.

Spawn
04-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Being a Chicago native I was already familiar with the guy so I wasn't expecting much. But as was previously said I didn't expect him to be like W so damn much though.

Plus, I thought anyone who wanted to be president in 2008 was absolutely insane. I think the same in 2012 as well.

Wild Cobra
04-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Sorry Nbadan and other Obama supporters but I gave this dude a chance to "change" shit and I personally don't see it.

I was with you guys bashing Bush 24/7 but now I am beginning to wonder if we are better off with Bush back in office.

IN!
LOL...

It's called the lesser of two evils.

Wild Cobra
04-09-2011, 12:18 AM
I never expected for him to be good. I knew he was fake and overhyped and voted in by the media and the sheep who followed. I expected what we are getting from him. I didn't vote for him either. And I'm far from Republican. I'd like to sign in, but I already knew he'd fail miserably. I'll sign in, but again, I already knew this is what we'd get. Wasn't one of the things brought up in debate was about him just voting "present" like 200 times or so? :lol

I'm with you there. i knew he was unqualified as a leader. Being qualified by the minimum requirements of the constitution does not make one a good leader. I think he will go down as the worse president in history.

Wild Cobra
04-09-2011, 12:19 AM
he's not.....McCain would have been though....

I didn't want to see McCain as president either. Fucking RINO.

mouse
04-11-2011, 12:37 AM
I figured this topic would be on page 5 by now and that can only mean two things, either you voted for Obama, or your afraid to criticize him.... in any event I understand your situation.

Wild Cobra
04-11-2011, 11:45 AM
I figured this topic would be on page 5 by now and that can only mean two things, either you voted for Obama, or your afraid to criticize him.... in any event I understand your situation.
I didn't vote for him and I'm not afraid to critisize him.

Actually, if you refer to my election 2008 posts, you will see he has exceeded my expectations on pissing off the left.

mouse
04-12-2011, 11:02 PM
I would like to see that post

ferg
04-13-2011, 01:52 AM
Consider yourself lucky, the lack of responsibility by the do-nothing GOP congress who let industry write their own regulation and rules for their own over-sight is what led us into this mess in the first place.....

nevermind the fact that the dems had control of the congress for how long and didnt fix a damn thing? hell they couldnt even pass a budget for FY '11....

i think barry o is in over his head and should have stayed in congress a little longer then 180 days before he started campaigning for president. that way he would have had a clue about what he was getting himself into.

greyforest
04-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Obama's actions in office just further prove that the president isn't actually running things.

Winehole23
04-13-2011, 03:34 AM
temporarily, but it likely won't be extended again...or I would be surprised if it was...I would be surprised if they didn't piss their pants again and extend it, but who knows: maybe they like it.

Maybe they got used to it, or presume we already did.

mouse
04-13-2011, 04:31 AM
Obama's actions in office just further prove that the president isn't actually running things.

This man point, I who is running things

Wild Cobra
04-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I would like to see that post
I wouldn't know which of the many posts prior to the 2008 elections it was. These were me sentiments however, and I posted such ideas in various posts and threads. I would like to show you, but I'm not going to look. for it. Feel free however to scour through the thousands of posts during that time-frame.

You don't recall me saying words to the effect that once elected, Obama would see things he didn't know before and fail on his campaign promises?

coyotes_geek
04-13-2011, 10:33 AM
temporarily, but it likely won't be extended again...or I would be surprised if it was...

Why would you be surprised? Obama the senator voted for it, Obama the president extended it. Obama's commitment to the Patriot Act is pretty clear.

coyotes_geek
04-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I agree, lets cut all farm and ethanol subsidies and eliminate corporate tax loop holes

Something we agree on. Unfortunately Obama agrees with W on this and not us.

DisAsTerBot
04-13-2011, 11:34 AM
that anyone who expected Obama to run in and change shit on his own was listening to his campaign.

fify

RandomGuy
04-13-2011, 11:53 AM

IN!

I would say : In.

I was fully aware that Obama would end up a centrist, and probably do or say things that would piss me off.

That said I have to confess to more than a little bit of disappointment that he has so closely followed in the imperial presidency footsteps of his predecessor. I expected a certain amount of disappointment, but this... :bang

Are we better off with Bush and the ideological litmus tests in place of say, competence? Fuck no.

*That* said, there is no fucking way I would ever vote another Republican into the white house. Any given GOP candidate would probably be somewhat moderate, but would have to populate his administration with the extremists that seem to run the GOP these days.

Wild Cobra
04-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Obama campaigned on change. Well, he sure did change his campaign promises...

Wild Cobra
04-19-2011, 08:46 AM
For those of you who Obama let down:

201pgTaEseQ

TeyshaBlue
04-19-2011, 09:17 AM
*That* said, there is no fucking way I would ever vote another Republican into the white house. Any given GOP candidate would probably be somewhat moderate, but would have to populate his administration with the extremists that seem to run the GOP these days.

Hmm. I'll vote for the most qualified candidate. Fuck the party bullshit.

Wild Cobra
04-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Hmm. I'll vote for the most qualified candidate. Fuck the party bullshit.

Same here.