PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Masters

Bill_Brasky
04-08-2011, 06:17 PM
So far through the second day, Rory McIlroy is leading at -10, Jason Day at -8, and Tiger Woods and K.J. Choi lurk right under Day at -7.

I like this McIlroy kid. He's only 21 but is an amazing golfer, and is very reminiscent of a young Tiger, but has yet to win a major. He's always up near the top but can never seem to finish. THis might very well be his tournament to show everyone what he can do.

Day will fall off, every major there's someone that makes a push on the second or third day then falls off. He's that guy. Good, but more than likely won't be able to keep up the pace.

Tiger had an amazing round today, probably his best since he's been back. Tough first nine, but an amazing, bogey-free back nine that included a very clutch putt to save par on 11. If he gets hot again tomorrow, McIlroy had better watch out.

So far it's been a fun tournament....I'm looking forward to watching this weekend. :hat

Bito Corleone
04-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Tiger making a good run today. Has about a 6 foot for eagle on 15 to take the lead.

Rory falling apart today... only player in the top 10 over par today and just made a triple bogey on 10 to fall from 1st to 7th. Still only 2 shots back with Amen Corner coming up. Got to feel for the kid. He probably just gave the tournament away on that one hole. I remember watching him play Carnoustie when he was 16 and knowing then he was going to be a hell of a player. Can't wait to see what he can show us in the future.

resistanze
04-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Rory continues the meltdown. WOW.

baseline bum
04-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Rory continues the meltdown. WOW.

Starting to look more like a young Sergio than a young Tiger now.

MannyIsGod
04-10-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm rooting for Tiger but god damn watching Rory meltdown is just sad.

LakerHater
04-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Watching Rory throw his putter was funny!

JamStone
04-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Been a great final 9 today. Really exciting.

Yeah, poor Rory.

Bito Corleone
04-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Everyone draining putts and chips from everywhere to make things more interesting down the stretch. If you enjoy watching golf it doesn't get much better than this right now.

Bill_Brasky
04-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Everyone draining putts and chips from everywhere to make things more interesting down the stretch. If you enjoy watching golf it doesn't get much better than this right now.

Yup.

Wow, was I wrong about Rory. I was rooting for the kid but he just had one of the worst meltdowns we've seen in a while today. Kid just got nervous. It's OK though, there's plenty of tournaments in his future.

Tiger had a really awesome front 9 and just an average back 9, wasn't enough to put him over the top. A better day yesterday would have given him such a better chance today.

I like Jason Day. The guy is very resilient, he had a couple of bogeys earlier in the day but managed to straighten out his game and he's made a hell of a run today. He just finished with a birdie on 18, but it looks like it's gonna take a bogey from Schwartzel to give him a chance at the win.

Bito Corleone
04-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Jason Day's wife is sexy as hell...

Back to the tourney: Looks like we're gonna get an all-Aussie playoff

EDIT: NVM. Somehow didn't see that Shwartzel was a shot ahead.

Bill_Brasky
04-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Jason Day's wife is sexy as hell...

Back to the tourney: Looks like we're gonna get an all-Aussie playoff

EDIT: NVM. Somehow didn't see that Shwartzel was a shot ahead.

God damn she is.....

Seriously, Day and Scott have some stones but Shwartzel had just made some awesome putts and come through in the clutch....just birdied 18. This was the most epic Sunday the Masters has seen in awhile.

ace3g
04-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Seems like most golfers' wives are hot

Bito Corleone
04-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Agreed. For anyone who knows and truly enjoys golf this was one of the most amazing Sundays I've ever witnessed in terms of all around play. Rory was just about the only player in the last 10 groups that didn't catch fire at some point in their round. Kid will have plenty of more chances, and will better suited to handle the pressure in the future.

Hell of a putt by Shwartzel to end the day in style with a birdie on the 72nd hole at Augusta. He's got it locked up now. Congrats to him. Don't see too many players birdie the final 4 holes to win the Masters.