PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Vs Portland Official 1st Rd Playoff Watch

edgar
04-08-2011, 11:30 PM
This is best case scenerio for the Spurs.

Watch the Lakers get knocked off in the first round by a more energetic, athletic, and YOUNGER Portland team.

Face it Laker fans, your team is older than dirt and those old tired legs by your so called vets will not hold up against young hungry studs.

Who knows yall might get lucky and win one or two games tops but thats it.

It will be the biggest choke series since Mavs vs Warriors.

:flag:

mystargtr34
04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
The Lakers have been extremely lucky with matchups/injuries the last 2 years in the playoffs... so i would expect them to get Hornets in the first round who they would handle easily in 4 games.

timtonymanu
04-09-2011, 01:47 AM
I think they'll get the Hornets too. Hopefully it balances out with them getting OKC in the 2nd round.

Anonymous Cowherd
04-09-2011, 05:00 AM
I see the Hornets as a nicer playoff draw than the Griz.

would love the Lakers to get the Blazers.

The_Worlds_finest
04-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Dude are you high? Lakers are trying look out of sorts to get in the minds of other teams. For the playoffs all the lakers need is a chip and chair.

Bruno
04-09-2011, 06:54 AM
It's interesting to see that teams like Portland aren't tanking game to get the 8th seed and avoid Lakers.

Muser
04-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Best case for the Spurs is L.A to draw both Portland and OKC, and the Spurs to draw New Orleans and Dallas if possible.

Seventyniner
04-09-2011, 07:56 AM
It's interesting to see that teams like Portland aren't tanking game to get the 8th seed and avoid Lakers.

Nobody's tanking. It's quite the opposite: the Hornets, Grizz, and Blazers all see Dallas as their ticket to the 2nd round, so they're giving everything they have to get the 6 seed.

I don't see why every loss by a team fighting for seeding to a non-playoff team is seen as tanking, though. The Heat lost to the Bucks a few nights ago, and had absolutely no reason to tank. I know Wade was hurt, but come on, it's the frickin' Bucks, and at home no less. Sometimes a team that has nothing to play for beats a team that has everything to play for. See Kings @ Rockets this week, et al.

1Parker1
04-09-2011, 08:09 AM

Well, they aren't going to tank games because the bottom 3 teams are so close to each other in standings and I believe they all still play eachother in the 3 remaining regular season games, that there's no way for them to control who they will get or can avoid in the playoffs. So there's no point in them tanking.

Strategic
04-09-2011, 08:13 AM
It's funny. When Kobe starts "taking over" games, like all the ass kissers say he's capable of doing any time he wants, is when the lakers start losing.

:lmao:lmao:lmao :vomit: :lmao:lmao:lmao

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 08:40 AM
- "anybody anywhere"

- Kobe Bryant

ChuckD
04-09-2011, 09:09 AM

Climbing up to six also avoids them and draws the Mavs, probably the most vulnerable top half team.

Bruno
04-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Well, they aren't going to tank games because the bottom 3 teams are so close to each other in standings and I believe they all still play eachother in the 3 remaining regular season games, that there's no way for them to control who they will get or can avoid in the playoffs. So there's no point in them tanking.

Portland was in a situation yesterday where they could have decided to lose on purpose all their remaining games and be sure to end at the 8th spot to face Spurs in the first round. They elected not to do so.

It's now Memphis that is in that situation. They can decide to tank to face Spurs.

Bruno
04-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Climbing up to six also avoids them and draws the Mavs, probably the most vulnerable top half team.

I guess it is a reason why they have decided not to tank. Another reason is that it is an ugly move.

Isitjustme?
04-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Best case for the Spurs is L.A to draw both Portland and OKC, and the Spurs to draw New Orleans and Dallas if possible.

1Parker1
04-09-2011, 10:11 AM
It's now Memphis that is in that situation. They can decide to tank to face Spurs.

I don't know...I honestly don't think teams in the playoff race "tank games" on purpose just to get a favorable matchup in the first round...nor do I think that it's a policy that coaches of playoff teams encourage. Every team in the playoffs this close just want to head to the playoffs with confidence and playing good basketball. If that were the case, Dallas would have tanked a lot more games in 2006 to avoid the Warriors in Round 1.

Either way, my point was that I wouldn't read too much into the fact that teams are not tanking games to avoid the Spurs in the first round. But to each his/her own :)

FvckMavs
04-09-2011, 10:31 AM
If that were the case, Dallas would have tanked a lot more games in 2006 to avoid the Warriors in Round 1.

It's 2007, not 2006.
They actually thought GSW was easier match up and tanked games to let GSW get the No.8 seed.They just didn't expect GSW would kick their asses.