PDA

View Full Version : Next two Lakeshow games: Must win?

ElNono
04-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Now that Portland finished tapping that ass, Lakeshow stands at 24 losses.
Catching up SA or Chicago is out of the question.

Right now, they're tied with Boston and Miami (24 losses also). Miami and Boston play each other on Sunday, and the rest of their respective schedules look accessible. Miami owns the tiebreaker with the Lakers (IIRC).

Can the Lakers afford to slip any more games?

Giuseppe
04-08-2011, 11:35 PM
All three remaining are must win. Sacramento might be the most difficult, especially if we HAVE to have it.

Tinystarz
04-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Yes they have the switch remember

http://i54.tinypic.com/b8x100.gif

HarlemHeat37
04-08-2011, 11:36 PM
They better hope they have HCA over Miami, tbh..

DJ Mbenga
04-08-2011, 11:38 PM
we actually wont know the results to this question until the season is over

Splits
04-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Lakers could fall to the 4 seed if they lose to OKC and SA their next 2 and OKC wins out

bostonguy
04-08-2011, 11:50 PM
I remember in 1998.... the night Utah clinched the overall best record over Chicago. Utah swept Chicago in the regular season and the Bulls lost 4 of their last 5 games(including the finals) at the Delta Center. Then before the 1998 Finals, the Jazz had won 7 in a row and the Bulls were coming off of a grueling series with the Pacers. The Jazz had homecourt over a Bulls team that struggled to win there. Jazz also had the hunger and revenge factor as well. TONS of people were saying it was Utah's year especially after having that finals experience the year before. How did that series go again?

HCA is a luxury not a necessity. You win with mental toughness and execution. Yeah it helps, but it doesn't mask those 2 intangibles.

Giuseppe
04-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Bostonguy?

Christ, I ain't seen you since shortly after Pierce blinked, and Artest Slaughtered Sergeant Grrrr.

tee, hee.

Man In Black
04-08-2011, 11:53 PM
I remember in 1998.... the night Utah clinched the overall best record over Chicago. Utah swept Chicago in the regular season and the Bulls lost 4 of their last 5 games(including the finals) at the Delta Center. Then before the 1998 Finals, the Jazz had won 7 in a row and the Bulls were coming off of a grueling series with the Pacers. The Jazz had homecourt over a Bulls team that struggled to win there. Jazz also had the hunger and revenge factor as well. TONS of people were saying it was Utah's year especially after having that finals experience the year before. How did that series go again?

HCA is a luxury not a necessity. You win with mental toughness and execution. Yeah it helps, but it doesn't mask those 2 intangibles.

Plus it helps when the Commish orders the refs to look at the game MORE "objectively."

Hoops Czar
04-09-2011, 12:37 AM
They better hope they have HCA over Miami, tbh..

LA doesn't play in the East.

ElNono
04-09-2011, 12:55 AM
GNCF... goods...

DMC
04-09-2011, 01:41 AM
It's a bit confusing tbh. I really think the Lakers are tanking games intentionally, or at least don't give a flying rat's ass right now. That could bite them later if they live that long. However, positioning affects matchups and that's at least as big a chip as HCA, if not bigger. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers do what's needed to align themselves with either New Orleans or Denver in the opener. It's a bit tricky however, in that those last 3 seeds are, at this point, nebulous. So it's a risk they seem willing to take, that they can beat any of the lower playoff teams and they could be looking to the 2nd round.

Then again they could just be losing.

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 06:44 AM
^You've covered every contingency, D. No matter what happens you'll be right.

tee, hee.

Muser
04-09-2011, 06:49 AM

Or because Malone was a playoff choker, and Chicago had the GOAT and GOAT coach.

HCA is a necessity, if Boston had HCA over L.A in the finals last year no way the Lakers come back from behind to win game 7

TampaDude
04-09-2011, 06:51 AM
^You've covered every contingency, D. No matter what happens you'll be right.

tee, hee.

He is right about one thing: the Lakers ARE losing. :lol

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 06:55 AM
He is right about one thing: the Lakers ARE losing. :lol

Looks a lot different than upstairs during O & 6 Fest.:lol

TampaDude
04-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Looks a lot different than upstairs during O & 6 Fest.:lol

What goes around, comes around, my friend. :lol

LkrFan
04-09-2011, 07:20 AM
No they just need to remain healthy these last couple of games. Also, they just need to take care of the ball. If they turnover the ball, even scrub teams can get out in transition and beat them with youth, athleticism, and hustle. Normally they are amongst the top teams in protecting the ball. When they don't protect the ball they lose.

I expect short leashes in the playoffs and for them to shore that up a bit. Just like they turned the light switch on after the ASB, I expect more of the same in the playoffs. They are healthier this year (esp Bynum) than they were last year. They didn't look too strong going into the 2nd season. We know how that ended up. :toast

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 07:37 AM
What goes around, comes around, my friend. :lol

At least we haven't sold our team out as was done upstairs during O & 6 Fest.

TampaDude
04-09-2011, 07:48 AM
At least we haven't sold our team out as was done upstairs during O & 6 Fest.

Being pissed off at losing is not selling your team out. In fact, "selling out" isn't even the appropriate term. Do you even know what "selling out" means?

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Being pissed off at losing is not selling your team out. In fact, "selling out" isn't even the appropriate term. Do you even know what "selling out" means?

Duder, what went on upstairs during O & 6 Fest was a disgrace. It's indefensible, don't you know that? Some of your longest tenured posters, people of repute ranted & raved for over a week calling out every man on that roster, and the coaching staff.

You can chase your asshole round your elbow castigating me for word meaning, but, what happened upstairs happened, and it ain't goin' away anytime soon.

Pelicans78
04-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Staying healthy for the Lakers is more important than playoff seeding. I think. If certain guys are banged up, they should rest. If Lakers are truly the best team, then they won't need home court.

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 08:26 AM
They can't rest now. They blew that opportunity losing at home Vs. Denver & Utah.

It's vital that they finish with the second seed in the West. OKC & Sacramento are going to press them for it. Just gotta hope Pop has a different agenda for that game.

Muser
04-09-2011, 08:27 AM
They can't rest now. They blew that opportunity losing at home Vs. Denver & Utah.

It's vital that they finish with the second seed in the West. OKC & Sacramento are going to press them for it. Just gotta hope Pop has a different agenda for that game.

Pop?

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Pop?

Yeah, Pop, the guys who's pant's crotch is down to his knees, and his nose looks like he's in the sauce all the gd time. That piss pot.

I'm wondering if he's got the overall #1 seed locked up by then if he'll lay down in Los Angeles.

21_Blessings
04-09-2011, 09:15 AM
The 4 straight games the Spurs dropped to the Suns last playoffs were "must wins".

If I had my way, I'd pull a :pop: and lock Bynum and Kobe in a closet until the real season starts.

Seventyniner
04-09-2011, 09:43 AM

O RLY? You can't be worried about having HCA vs. the Mavs in the 2nd round (Lakers in 6 either way IMO), and it's a crapshoot at this point as to who gets #6, 7, and 8. Hell, if New Orleans is #6, the 3 seed is better than the 2 seed.

I'll grant you that the Lakers need to stay out of #4, but that would take some major planetary alignment and the Lakers losing out.

Who knows what the hell Pop will do on Tuesday. If he can sit the big 3 in the middle of the season, anything's possible. He could start Quinn/Anderson/Green/Blair/Splitter and then play the big guns the entire second half.

JustBlaze
04-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes they have the switch remember

http://i54.tinypic.com/b8x100.gif
http://mysticmedusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/daffy_duck_angry.exukgd56uzkk4okc04sk4ocko.6ylu316 ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpg

Zelophehad
04-09-2011, 10:15 AM
http://mysticmedusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/daffy_duck_angry.exukgd56uzkk4okc04sk4ocko.6ylu316 ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpg

Unless you made that yourself, you have no reason to get pissed.

JustBlaze
04-09-2011, 10:28 AM
unless you made that yourself, you have no reason to get pissed.
k

bostonguy
04-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Or because Malone was a playoff choker, and Chicago had the GOAT and GOAT coach.

HCA is a necessity, if Boston had HCA over L.A in the finals last year no way the Lakers come back from behind to win game 7

Celts had a 13 point lead in game 7. HCA didn't lose them that series. As for the 98 Finals, EVERYONE was saying that same exact thing the year before. If the Jazz had HCA, Bulls don't win. Plus the Bulls were coming off a 7 game series with the Pacers. It isn't a necessity. It is a luxury. I am tired of seeing everybody overrating the fuck out of it. HCA doesn't mask mental toughness and execution. It doesn't mask matchup advantages.

DMC
04-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Celts had a 13 point lead in game 7. HCA didn't lose them that series. As for the 98 Finals, EVERYONE was saying that same exact thing the year before. If the Jazz had HCA, Bulls don't win. Plus the Bulls were coming off a 7 game series with the Pacers. It isn't a necessity. It is a luxury. I am tired of seeing everybody overrating the fuck out of it. HCA doesn't mask mental toughness and execution. It doesn't mask matchup advantages.

It's not a coincidence that teams have a much better home than road record.

What HCA does is cause your role players to step up. When your bench shits the bed on the road, while the opponents bench is beasting, you are at a huge disadvantage. Officiating is a bit suspect as well.

bostonguy
04-09-2011, 02:28 PM
It's not a coincidence that teams have a much better home than road record.

What HCA does is cause your role players to step up. When your bench shits the bed on the road, while the opponents bench is beasting, you are at a huge disadvantage. Officiating is a bit suspect as well.

If your role players can't step up on the road, you won't get over the hump which means you are mentally weak.

DPG21920
04-09-2011, 02:29 PM
If your role players can't step up on the road, you won't get over the hump which means you are mentally weak.

Like Boston last year in game 7?

bostonguy
04-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Like Boston last year in game 7?

Exactly. That and the inability to maintain a 13 point lead and control the glass.

TampaDude
04-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Exactly. That and the inability to maintain a 13 point lead and control the glass.

Kinda hard to do that playing 5 on 8 with Joey C in control of the game.

crc21209
04-09-2011, 03:59 PM

Yeah but the Bulls had already tapped that Jazz ass in the Finals the year before so all that BS didnt really matter in the end. Plus, that guy Michael Jordan was pretty damn good...

ElNono
04-09-2011, 05:09 PM
This is boring.

tbh, you can always fall back to Naruto...

Reck
04-09-2011, 05:20 PM
This is boring.

Yep.

All of those Giussepe posts really brought this thread down.

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 05:26 PM
:rolleyes

Dirk Nowitzki
06-20-2011, 08:21 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ooooooooooooooops

Axe Murderer
06-20-2011, 09:23 PM
nice bump sons

but where the fuck were you during the playoffs? we could've used some of your game threads

cmon son