PDA

View Full Version : Kobe as 2nd option vs Duncan as a 1st option - The Facts Only

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2011, 07:03 PM
For you newcomers this is an oldie but goodie I posted previously...time for a fresh look...:lmao

You cats into numbers right? well some numbers hit me today that all but renders Duncan's titles meaningless...that is of course if you still consider Kobe a sidekick during his first 3 titles...This shit will blow you out the fucking water...in fact I won't ever let you "Timmy" lovers forget it...It should be a sticky on the front page of ST.

Let's compare Kobe's first 3 titles ( the infamous 'side-kick' 3-peat) with Duncan's first 3 titles:

Each succeeding year Kobe 'the 'side-kick'averaged 21.1 ; 29.4 ; & 26.6 ppg respectively in the playoffs during the play-offs of LA's 3 peat.

While Duncan averaged 23.2, 24.7, & 23.6 ppg respectively during the play-offs for his first 3 titles.

Now are you willing to drop the Kobe was Robin to Shaq's batman act. If he was what does that make Duncan...Wonder Woman?

Kobe averaged 25.4pts, 5.9reb, and 5.13ast for the regular season during LA's 3-peat. Better than 95% of all players for those years.

Overall Kobe averaged 25.7pts, 5.83reb, and 5.09ast for the playoffs during LA's 3-peat. He was hardly playing the part of Robin to Shaq's Batman. People making Kobe out to be a Toni Kukoc or some random role player while he played with Shaq. Kobe was a top 2 player in the league even back then. Side-Kicks can't put up those kinds of numbers.

Fact is Kobe 'gracisously' held back to placate Phil so he wouldn't piss off Shaq. Shaq actually owes Kobe credit for allowing him to even be considered the MDE. Shaq is eternally ungrateful for what Kobe did for him.

If you have facts in the form of numbers bring it, otherwise save the emotional rants. This should effectively end the Kobe vs Shaq debate and more importantly Kobe vs. Duncan.

Koolaid strikes again and again and again and again http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/toast.gif..I do it cuz I love you...

LkrFan
04-09-2011, 07:15 PM
This should be good. I want someone to get their ass in here and :downspin: this shit too. Kool you ain't right for this man. You ain't right. :lol

:corn:

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2011, 07:29 PM
This should be good. I want someone to get their ass in here and :downspin: this shit too. Kool you ain't right for this man. You ain't right. :lol

When I was partially banned and couldn't start threads Luva started this thread for me and ironically this is the same thread that started Midget's mental breakdown. He couldn't deal with this shit and ever since he ain't been right in the head...He's been in free fall and OCD complex ever since...real talk...:lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4682112

dbreiden83080
04-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Kobe has had way more talent around him his whole career than Duncan has. The fact that Tim won 4 rings in this era playing against better talent for most of his career says a lot.. Shaq and Tim Together for 7 or 8 years would have been title bound 5 or 6 times easy..

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Kobe has had way more talent around him his whole career than Duncan has. The fact that Tim won 4 rings in this era playing against better talent for most of his career says a lot.. Shaq and Tim Together for 7 or 8 years would have been title bound 5 or 6 times easy..

Oh yeah, Duncan babysitting Daddy. That woulda worked out real well.

Duncan woulda be beside himself with disgust and frustration.

Ashy Larry
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
I always point to the 2001 WCF when certain people put Bean as the Robin. Everyone who knows basketball know that was the NBA Finals and the two best teams in the league. The San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers. The winner of that series would absolutely curb, donkey and mule stomp the Philadelphia 76ers.

Every sports writer, commentator and analysts had this as the NBA Finals and the 2001 Finals MVP, which goes to the best player on the floor at during a 4-0 Lakers ass-reaming, was Bean Bryant. And I'm far from being a Kobe ball washer. I just tell it like it is. "Robin" destroyed the Spurs averaging 33 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists.

"Batman" averaged 27 points, 13 rebounds and said it himself that the tone was set with "Robin's" 45 point performance in Game 1 after dropping 48 points and 16 rebounds in a Game 4 close out of the Sacramento Kings. Both games happen to be back-to-back roadies ......

Not bad for "Robin" ......

dbreiden83080
04-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Oh yeah, Duncan babysitting Daddy. That woulda worked out real well.

Duncan woulda be beside himself with disgust and frustration.

:lol

Duncan never cared about being a star he just wanted to win.

Kobe is selfish and winning was not enough. He needed to be the man as well...

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I always point to the 2001 WCF when certain people put Bean as the Robin. Everyone who knows basketball know that was the NBA Finals and the two best teams in the league. The San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers. The winner of that series would absolutely curb, donkey and mule stomp the Philadelphia 76ers.

Every sports writer, commentator and analysts had this as the NBA Finals and the 2001 Finals MVP, which goes to the best player on the floor at during a 4-0 Lakers ass-reaming, was Bean Bryant. And I'm far from being a Kobe ball washer. I just tell it like it is. "Robin" destroyed the Spurs averaging 33 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists.

"Batman" averaged 27 points, 13 rebounds and said it himself that the tone was set with "Robin's" 45 point performance in Game 1 after dropping 48 points and 16 rebounds in a Game 4 close out of the Sacramento Kings. Both games happen to be back-to-back roadies ......

we're among chil-ren wit Milk on dey chess....:lol history revisionists...thanks for your contribution....:toast

LkrFan
04-09-2011, 08:04 PM
When I was partially banned and couldn't start threads Luva started this thread for me and ironically this is the same thread that started Midget's mental breakdown. He couldn't deal with this shit and ever since he ain't been right in the head...He's been in free fall and OCD complex ever since...real talk...:lmao

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4682112

Man that thread was epic. :lmao

I don't know what's funnier:

Kobe: 5 rangs
Timmy D: 4 rings

or head to head in the playoffs:

Kobe: 4
Timmy D: 1

Either way you slice it, Kobester ends up on top. :toast

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Duncan never cared about being a star he just wanted to win.

Like Kobe, just that Daddy, once rang wanted to take his foot off the accelerator and take er easy now that he had Media off his ass.

How'd you think Duncan woulda dealt with that, db? Would he a held Daddy to accounts like Kobe did, or, would he just go along to get along?

LkrFan
04-09-2011, 08:07 PM

"Robin" destroyed them so much that they went out to recruit Bruce Lee Bowen because Sean Idiot couldn't handle him. :lol

dbreiden83080
04-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Like Kobe, just that Daddy, once rang wanted to take his foot off the accelerator and take er easy now that he had Media off his ass.

How'd you think Duncan woulda dealt with that, db? Would he a held Daddy to accounts like Kobe did, or, would he just go along to get along?

Shaq was the man in LA before Kobe became a star. Kobe wanted more credit than he was getting for the titles which led to the friction. Shaq was a dick for sure but Duncan would have let him be a dick all he wanted as long as they were raising the prize in June..

lil'mo
04-09-2011, 08:26 PM
[FONT=Arial]You cats into numbers right? well some numbers hit me today that all but renders Duncan's titles meaningless...

:lmao

Frenzy
04-09-2011, 08:46 PM
The more spurs win and the more lakers lose the more aids makes threads to bash Duncan...

Gonna be a long summer :lol

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 08:54 PM
The more spurs win and the more lakers lose the more aids makes threads to bash Duncan...

Gonna be a long summer :lol

Only if you win the last game in June.

Tinystarz
04-09-2011, 08:57 PM
lakers

http://i54.tinypic.com/b8x100.gif

Man In Black
04-09-2011, 08:58 PM

This is Bullshit. Robin Bean didn't have to face the Complete League of Doom. Celebrating that victory against a team REPLETE with injuries is like Sep partying with himself because he got a new bottle of Vaseline. In other words, when the Spurs lost Derek Anderson and then got him back after missing 20 days with a severely dislocated shoulder,then losing Sean(severely limited minutes, missed game 3 completely) because of Kidney issues and going with backups like Old Men Terry Porter and Danny Ferry during the Conference Finals... Let's just say that it wasn't the matchup it should have been.

RECOGNIZE.

But hey, Robin scored lots of points...but didn't win shit again until he got another legitimate big.

If he was as badass as you guys say he is, he would have at least beat PHX with Kwame Brown and HE DID NOT.

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 09:06 PM
That's why:::

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4

is so special. You f'er's had it comin'. You thought you were safe and couldn't be touched. Uh, uh.

Suffer, motherf'ers, suffer!!!!!!!!

BRHornet45
04-09-2011, 09:09 PM
lmao sons at the stupidity in this post! time for some quick facts ...

- Kobe has always been nothing more than a glorified Paul Pierce blessed with stacked teams and favorable officiating from the officials.

- Duncan has always been nothing more than a "JJ Reddick" in Pop's system blessed with defensively stacked teams and brilliant coaching.

rayjayjohnson
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Who fucking cares? Old man vs rapist. Fuck em both

Man In Black
04-09-2011, 09:15 PM
That's why:::

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4

is so special. You f'er's had it comin'. You thought you were safe and couldn't be touched. Uh, uh.

Suffer, motherf'ers, suffer!!!!!!!!

Keep on talking Parrot!
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFciPTaEjAzgCPH2bz9T0p-HYf-Vldvfwjoq_2pIKdJs3IN8Tk

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2011, 09:20 PM
lmao sons at the stupidity in this post! time for some quick facts ...

- Kobe has always been nothing more than a glorified Paul Pierce blessed with stacked teams and favorable officiating from the officials.

- Duncan has always been nothing more than a "JJ Reddick" in Pop's system blessed with defensively stacked teams and brilliant coaching.

and you've always been a bull dike loving she-bitch....

Koolaid_Man
04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
This is Bullshit. Robin Bean didn't have to face the Complete League of Doom. Celebrating that victory against a team REPLETE with injuries is like Sep partying with himself because he got a new bottle of Vaseline. In other words, when the Spurs lost Derek Anderson and then got him back after missing 20 days with a severely dislocated shoulder,then losing Sean(severely limited minutes, missed game 3 completely) because of Kidney issues and going with backups like Old Men Terry Porter and Danny Ferry during the Conference Finals... Let's just say that it wasn't the matchup it should have been.

RECOGNIZE.

But hey, Robin scored lots of points...but didn't win shit again until he got another legitimate big.

If he was as badass as you guys say he is, he would have at least beat PHX with Kwame Brown and HE DID NOT.

Yeah that's right because we all know that Dereck Anderson and Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ were Kobe stoppers....:lmao:lmao:lmao

Man In Black
04-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah that's right because we all know that Dereck Anderson and Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ were Kobe stoppers....:lmao:lmao:lmao

Who gives a fuck if they were or not? It wasn't 1999 and The Spurs closing the Forum. Where was Boy Blunder then? Getting his ass shut down and swept by a guy who needed a kidney transplant. TRUTH.

Having Anderson and Elliott at full strength just would have leveled the playing field or are you too stupid to see that? Hell...let's just have a designated thugee take out Bynum the same way Juwan Coward took out Anderson and watch your team struggle. I'll laugh too. :lmao They call Bynum...Mr. Glass
m8lXs6CqUsI

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
The Spurs closing the Forum.

& you're a small market.

tee, hee.

jag
04-09-2011, 09:59 PM

Look at Lakaluva too embarrassed to post from his account.

peskypesky
04-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Kobe hasn't ever won shit without a dominant big man.
Duncan IS the dominant big man.

:flag:

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Kobe hasn't ever won shit without a dominant big man.
Duncan IS the dominant big man.

:flag:

And Duncan trails Kobe 5-4.

Stings, don't it?

peskypesky
04-09-2011, 10:03 PM

Stings, don't it?

nope. Duncan will get his 5th in a few weeks.

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 10:04 PM
nope. Duncan will get his 5th in a few weeks.

Then you'll have rights. Until then, you're shinin' shoes, daddy. You and your who gd tribe.

Shine, motherf'er, shine!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashy Larry
04-09-2011, 11:07 PM

RECOGNIZE.

lol @ thinking defensive stoppers Sean Elliott and Derek Anderson could stop Bean. And don't forget Antonio Daniels who was raped as well. OK, let's go to the next year then. It was Batman leading the team in a 4-1 victory over the Spurs in 2002 right? I think Robin had a hand in that one as well ......

Robin: 26.2 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Batman: 21.4 points, 12.2 rebounds, 3.6 blocks

Best Player on the floor was Duncan: 29 points, 17 rebounds, 2.4 blocks

and to be fair ... head to 2003 where the Spurs pretty much worked the Lakers in 6...

Duncan: 28 points, 12 rebounds, one block
Batman: 25.3 points, 14 rebounds 2.8 blocks
Robin: 32.3 points, 5 rebounds, 3.6 assists

I think even the most blind fan would say Robin did more in Gotham than Batman many times .........

ElNono
04-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Who fucking cares? Old man vs rapist. Fuck em both

Agree. As irrelevant as Denver in the playoffs...

DMC
04-09-2011, 11:12 PM
tl;dr

Shaq respects Duncan more than he does Kobe, and Shaq never even played on the same team with Tim. Had they played on the same team, they would still be best friends today. Tim doesn't make enemies. He doesn't have a chip on his shoulder and he has nothing to prove.

DMC
04-09-2011, 11:14 PM

Stings, don't it?

Let's be honest. It's like saying Bill Gates has more money than Michael Dell. I am sure neither of them lose sleep over it and anyone who talks about it cannot even fathom what it's like.

LkrFan
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM

:lmao

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Let's be honest. It's like saying Bill Gates has more money than Michael Dell. I am sure neither of them lose sleep over it and anyone who talks about it cannot even fathom what it's like.

I'll grant ya Kobe lost a lot of sleep over trailing Daddy. Probably didn't give too much thought about trailing Duncan. And I didn't either until I came onto this Board and found Spurs Fan. The 5-4 thingy is an incendiary device I utilize to troll, nothing more.

Silver&Black
04-09-2011, 11:21 PM
The end all to this discussion:

Kobe's 1st three championships- 0 Finals MVPs
Timmy's 1st three championships- 3 Finals MVPs

You can take numbers and shove them up your azz. The best player on the team wins the MVP. Admit it...Shaq was better than Kobe then. It's o.k. to admit.

Shaq + Bynum + Gasol + Odom + (insert any of about 10 different Lakers) > anything Timmy ever had.

DMC
04-09-2011, 11:22 PM
I'll grant ya Kobe lost a lot of sleep over trailing Daddy. Probably didn't give too much thought about trailing Duncan. And I didn't either until I came onto this Board and found Spurs Fan. The 5-4 thingy is an incendiary device I utilize to troll, nothing more.
:toast

I realized this quite some time ago.

LkrFan
04-09-2011, 11:25 PM

Giuseppe
04-09-2011, 11:30 PM
The end all to this discussion:

Kobe's 1st three championships- 0 Finals MVPs
Timmy's 1st three championships- 3 Finals MVPs

You can take numbers and shove them up your azz. The best player on the team wins the MVP. Admit it...Shaq was better than Kobe then. It's o.k. to admit.

Shaq + Bynum + Gasol + Odom + (insert any of about 10 different Lakers) > anything Timmy ever had.

I don't Finals MVPs, or, MVPs for that matter. I do rings. That's all I do, because that was precedent set for me when the early 80's dawned and the Celtics & Lakers renewed their bitter rivalry. They, the Celtics showed me the way it was going to be. Magic could sit there with his dick in his hands as West and Chamberlain, et al had done thru the ages, lamenting injury, and distant courts, and officiating discrepancies, or, Magic could learn from his masters, and one day turn it around on them. He learned that bitter lesson in the Summer of '84, and thru his resurrection our entire Fandom was baptized in the Summer of '85.

We were reborn, and we've never looked back.

Magic Johnson

Ghazi
04-09-2011, 11:32 PM
^ go back and fuck your father some more

DMC
04-09-2011, 11:33 PM
I don't Finals MVPs, or, MVPs for that matter. I do rings. That's all I do, because that was precedent set for me when the early 80's dawned and the Celtics & Lakers renewed their bitter rivalry. They, the Celtics showed me the way it was going to be. Magic could sit there with his dick in his hands as West and Chamberlain, et al had done thru the ages, lamenting injury, and distant courts, and officiating discrepancies, or, Magic could learn from his masters, and one day turn it around on them. He learned that bitter lesson in the Summer of '84, and thru his resurrection our entire Fandom was baptized in the Summer of '85.

Magic Johnson

pgVL-rBq9Fw

Ashy Larry
04-09-2011, 11:34 PM
even Shaquille's three MVP could be suspect ..... back then, everyone knew the Western Conference was the dog of all dogs ....... winner coming from those conference games would be the title holder sans that meltdown in 2004 and the chokejob in 2006.

Bean definitely did his thing in the Western Conference playoffs .... Shaquille murdered Smits, Deke and those turds starting at center in Jersey ........ they were well deserved, but in the Western Conference battles, Robin, er, Bean definitely carried those Laker teams for a serious stretch.

Silver&Black
04-10-2011, 12:12 AM

Magic Johnson

Wow...I feel like I just left church or something. The First United Church of Earvin Johnson. :king

Silver&Black
04-10-2011, 12:15 AM
even Shaquille's three MVP "could" be suspect ..... back then, everyone knew the Western Conference was the dog of all dogs ....... winner coming from those conference games would be the title holder sans that meltdown in 2004 and the chokejob in 2006.

Bean definitely did his thing in the Western Conference playoffs .... Shaquille murdered Smits, Deke and those turds starting at center in Jersey ........ they were well deserved, but in the Western Conference battles, Robin, er, Bean definitely carried those Laker teams for a serious stretch.

But they're not....all of Shaqs are legit (like Timmys and Kobes). They all were the best players on the team when they won them all. The NBA got all 8 of them correct.

Silver&Black
04-10-2011, 12:19 AM

ElNono with another gem...:lmao

Man In Black
04-10-2011, 01:23 AM
lol @ thinking defensive stoppers Sean Elliott and Derek Anderson could stop Bean. And don't forget Antonio Daniels who was raped as well. OK, let's go to the next year then. It was Batman leading the team in a 4-1 victory over the Spurs in 2002 right? I think Robin had a hand in that one as well ......

Robin: 26.2 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Batman: 21.4 points, 12.2 rebounds, 3.6 blocks

Best Player on the floor was Duncan: 29 points, 17 rebounds, 2.4 blocks

and to be fair ... head to 2003 where the Spurs pretty much worked the Lakers in 6...

Duncan: 28 points, 12 rebounds, one block
Batman: 25.3 points, 14 rebounds 2.8 blocks
Robin: 32.3 points, 5 rebounds, 3.6 assists

I think even the most blind fan would say Robin did more in Gotham than Batman many times .........

Robin ain't doing shit while Batman is driving the Batmobile. It's funny, I never said that either Anderson or Elliott were stud defensive stoppers that season. I only said that Elliott held Kobe down when he had TWO functioning Kidneys and then proceeded to sweep his ass out of the then Not so Fabulous Forum in 1999. TRUTH.

Would you agree that the 2001 Playoff series between both teams would have the LAL at full strength and the Spurs at much much less?
Can you be intellectually honest? :wow

rayjayjohnson
04-10-2011, 03:43 AM

coming from a fan of a team who's about to dallas in the playoffs this year.

Ashy Larry
04-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Robin ain't doing shit while Batman is driving the Batmobile. It's funny, I never said that either Anderson or Elliott were stud defensive stoppers that season. I only said that Elliott held Kobe down when he had TWO functioning Kidneys and then proceeded to sweep his ass out of the then Not so Fabulous Forum in 1999. TRUTH.

Would you agree that the 2001 Playoff series between both teams would have the LAL at full strength and the Spurs at much much less?
Can you be intellectually honest? :wow

Nothing was derailing that Laker express ..... 15-1 and even if Elloitt had five functioning kidneys and six hearts, the Lakers still would have assreamed that Spurs squad. Robin not only destroyed the Spurs inside and out, the Green Lantern (Fisher) couldn't miss if he tried ....... you may have gotten one game but that would have been it. Hell, Bruce Bowen was ten times the defender Elliott was and Robin constantly shitted in his jersey ..... the only thing I'm proving is Robin was more Batman against the Spurs than Batman was Batman. In every series, from 2001 on against the Spurs, Bryant was the leading scorer. That's FACT ..... Robin 4, Duncan 1.

2004 Series
Batman: 22.5 points, 14.5 rebounds, 4.3 blocks
Robin: 26.3 points (Against Kobe Stopper number 4 Bowen), 6.3 rebounds, 5.8 assists ... last time I checked, Bowen was an 8 time all defensive player and had two functioning kidneys

Duncan: 20.6 points, 12.1 rebounds, 2 blocks

TampaDude
04-10-2011, 10:27 AM

Magic Johnson

Dude...if you are truly old enough to remember the Showtime Lakers and you are spending so much time trolling on here, you must be a sad and lonely person...seriously.

Giuseppe
04-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Dude...if you are truly old enough to remember the Showtime Lakers and you are spending so much time trolling on here, you must be a sad and lonely person...seriously.

Well, pish posh.

TDfan2007
04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
If anyone here truly believes that Kobe was the best player during the 3-peat, well...I feel sorry for them. HOWEVER, Kobe was much better than a lot of fans give him credit for back then. As a few Lakers fans pointed out, Kobe absolutely demolished the Spurs in 2001, 2002, and 2004. We had no answer for him...but most of this was due to the fact that our bigs couldn't really help out since they had their hands full with Shaq down low.

To understand this of course requires basic understanding of help defense in a 5 on 5 situation. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume most Lakers fans on this board who adore Kobe don't have a lot of experience with such schemes...

But yeah, Lakers fans should probably stop trying to compare ppg statistics between a noted perimeter chucker and a team-oriented, unselfish big man. It makes you guys look stupid.

Giuseppe
04-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Kobe absolutely demolished the Spurs in 2001, 2002, and 2004. We had no answer for him...but

tee, hee.

Ashy Larry
04-10-2011, 10:12 PM
If anyone here truly believes that Kobe was the best player during the 3-peat, well...I feel sorry for them. HOWEVER, Kobe was much better than a lot of fans give him credit for back then. As a few Lakers fans pointed out, Kobe absolutely demolished the Spurs in 2001, 2002, and 2004. We had no answer for him...but most of this was due to the fact that our bigs couldn't really help out since they had their hands full with Shaq down low.

That's my point. I'll be the first to say that Shaquille was the engine that made the Lakers go during those three-peat squads, but to just label dude as who was a "sidekick" is asinine ...... and mind you, he did most of that against one of the best defensive squads of our era ......

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2015, 07:41 AM

InTheCrust
12-07-2015, 08:36 AM

Dig deep Kool :lol. Dig deep.

:lol <30