PDA

View Full Version : CBS Boss Endorses W

Nbadan
09-24-2004, 01:58 PM
So much for right-wing critics who think CBS is a democratic bastion...

Guess Who's a GOP Booster?

The CEO of CBS's parent company endorses President Bush

Friday, September 24, 2004 12:01 a.m. EDT
From The Asian Wall Street Journal

With the scandal at CBS still festering, questions are being raised about whether a felony was committed when the network broadcast apparently forged memos in an attempt to discredit George W. Bush. Yesterday, the chairman of CBS's parent company chose Hong Kong as a place to drop a little bomb. Sumner Redstone, who calls himself a "liberal Democrat," said he's supporting President Bush.

The chairman of the entertainment giant Viacom said the reason was simple: Republican values are what U.S. companies need. Speaking to some of America's and Asia's top executives gathered for Forbes magazine's annual Global CEO Conference, Mr. Redstone declared: "I look at the election from what's good for Viacom. I vote for what's good for Viacom. I vote, today, Viacom.

"I don't want to denigrate Kerry," he went on, "but from a Viacom standpoint, the election of a Republican administration is a better deal. Because the Republican administration has stood for many things we believe in, deregulation and so on. The Democrats are not bad people. . . . But from a Viacom standpoint, we believe the election of a Republican administration is better for our company."

Opinion Journal (http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005669)

Tommy Duncan
09-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Just a stunt.

Yonivore
09-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Please, when do you think the last time was that Sumner Redstone got involved in News content?

No one's claiming that there is a Liberal bias in the corporate management...just in the newsroom.

Joe Chalupa
09-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Huh?

I would think corporate management has something to do with what goes on if not, what the hell are they getting paid the big bucks for?

Yonivore
09-24-2004, 03:01 PM
They're getting paid the big bucks to increase stock values. Period, end of job description.