LnGrrrR
04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
That is all.

LakerHater
04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Damn bro, what is up with the C's?

jag
04-10-2011, 05:14 PM
I wonder if Kendrick will go further than the Celtics this postseason.

Giuseppe
04-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Ln, copying from upstairs during O & 6 Fest.

tee, hee.

JamStone
04-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey at least you have the Red Sox...

LakerHater
04-10-2011, 05:17 PM
:lmao

TE

tee, hee.
Nah I think trading Perkins is worse than playing Bonner 48 minutes a game.

Giuseppe
...and those baked beans candies in the little box.

Axe Murderer
04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
tbh the Heat pushed around Boston all game. Can't see the team getting past Miami now without Perk. They have nobody to protect the paint anymore

crc21209
04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Ainge might as well have traded the Big 3 too since they havent gotten over the fact that the organization traded their "friend".....

alchemist
04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Honestly all they need is a couple minutes of Shaq. He bodies Lebron/Wade a couple times and they'll be shooting jumpers all game. Same with Rose/Chicago.

crc21209
04-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Honestly all they need is a couple minutes of Shaq. He bodies Lebron/Wade a couple times and they'll be shooting jumpers all game. Same with Rose/Chicago.

Last time he got "a couple of minutes," he left hurt again in the 2nd quarter...

rayjayjohnson
04-10-2011, 05:24 PM
What's the bigger problem here? That they traded a big man who was perennially injured anyway, or they ass raped their team chemistry (looking at you rondo) in the process?

LnGrrrR

tee, hee.

Don't lie Culby, if your GM gutted the soul of your team you'd be mighty pissed off too. It's one thing if the Cs play hard and lose, but it's anotherto be soft. I just can't stand seeing Krstic out there, Rondo has regressed for some unknown reason, and we are giving 10+ mins to Jermaine ONeal, who's been about as effective as Erden wouldve been.

It just makes no sense. It's frustrating.

alchemist
Last time he got "a couple of minutes," he left hurt again in the 2nd quarter...
his last playoffs, he'll suck it up.

LnGrrrR
04-10-2011, 05:25 PM

I'd punch you if I could :lol

Pretty bad that I have to rely on the Bruins, who failed epically in last years playoffs.

crc21209
04-10-2011, 05:28 PM
I'd punch you if I could :lol

Pretty bad that I have to rely on the Bruins, who failed epically in last years playoffs.

I wouldnt worry too much about the Red Sox. There's 162 fucking games in a season for crying out loud, and they're not even 20, 50, or 75 games in yet...

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Perkins' loss is overplayed, from a basketball perspective IMO..they were playing elite basketball without him, earlier in the season..however, it seems like losing him has affected them from a mental standpoint, especially Rondo, so I guess you could blame the trade, if you're playing that card..

If Shaq miraculously stays healthy, he'll replace Perkins' toughness..

LnGrrrR
04-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I wouldnt worry too much about the Red Sox. There's 162 fucking games in a season for crying out loud, and they're not even 20, 50, or 75 games in yet...

I'm a Boston fan, I'm contractually bound to overinflate the last ten games.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
LnGrrR: If the Celtics don't go far, do you see Ainge getting booted? Who would you replace him with, McHale?

LnGrrrR
04-10-2011, 05:38 PM
LnGrrR: If the Celtics don't go far, do you see Ainge getting booted? Who would you replace him with, McHale?

Daddy, I think there's a 50/50 chance if we don't make it to the Eastern Finals, and near certain if we don't get past the first round.

I love what Mchale did for us as a player, but not impressed by his GM skills. Not sure who we would replace him with.

Doc Rivers is probably leaving too, so that's going to be an issue.

crc21209
04-10-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm a Boston fan, I'm contractually bound to overinflate the last ten games.

I'm a Sox fan also, and although I'm a bit worried, I think they'll be just fine when it's all said and done....

LnGrrrR
04-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm a Sox fan also, and although I'm a bit worried, I think they'll be just fine when it's all said and done....

If you didn't grow up in Massachusetts though, you don't have to overreact. (But you can if you want.)

Boston will forever be a baseball town.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Daddy, I think there's a 50/50 chance if we don't make it to the Eastern Finals, and near certain if we don't get past the first round.

I love what Mchale did for us as a player, but not impressed by his GM skills. Not sure who we would replace him with.

Doc Rivers is probably leaving too, so that's going to be an issue.
I kind of think they owe McHale a shot, snce he sent KG your way. However, he did make some bad moves for us while he was here. Tommy Heinsohn for GM, he would be fun, and his college and pro career was local. That seems to be the trend, Bird in Indiana, McHale in Minnesota. Maybe the Jazz will end up with Ainge.

However, with that said, the Celtics owners allowed the trade. He'll probably stay and be given a chance to see if the near future plays out as he intended. I just know Ainge is out of the frying pan and into the fire according to most Boston fans.

daspurs
04-10-2011, 05:47 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2r2m59t.jpg

crc21209
04-10-2011, 05:47 PM
If you didn't grow up in Massachusetts though, you don't have to overreact. (But you can if you want.)

Yeah I guess you're right. If you're from the exact area of the team that you root for, you tend to overreact more...:lol

j.dizzle
04-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Whats wrong with Sam Cassels eldest son Rondo? I remember when ppl were comparing him to D.Rose. :lmao. 7 pts & 5 assists today while Rose dropped 39 pts on 13-17 shooting. :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-10-2011, 05:57 PM
That is all.

Is it me or is D-Wade the most nappy headed nigga you've ever seen...:lol

Giuseppe
04-10-2011, 06:01 PM

:lmao

daspurs
04-10-2011, 06:02 PM

nigga lettin they hair grow son

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Bibby is the Rondo stopper. :D

Stringer_Bell
04-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Celtics have been getting pushed around since Perkins left. They were in charge of the East but went up in smoke after that trade. There's no argument for saying the trade was about the future when there's no one on the team that can even replace Perkins. Tragic story, but they shouldn't have been so tight with their money when its so obvious they'll get slaughtered by quicker teams without consistent paint protection. They loaded up on scrubs and new salaries for nothing.

ShoogarBear
04-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Regression to the mean. Ainge did a lot of stupid shit before McHale gave him Garnett. Then he had a few more good moves. Now he's back to what he used to be.

The 4cc Dictionary
04-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Regression to the mean. Ainge did a lot of stupid shit before McHale gave him Garnett. Then he had a few more good moves. Now he's back to what he used to be.

The plane ride from Miami to Boston was so quiet you could hear a SEASON drop i said!

The 4cc Dictionary
04-10-2011, 06:23 PM
These Wade and LeBron corsos are almost as big a failure as the Ting Brothers i saiiddd

TampaDude
04-10-2011, 06:25 PM

WERD...it's April, folks...gonna be a long summer...

LnGrrrR
04-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Suck cock and die, bitch. You weren't winning shit anyway. Now sit back and watch us spank those kittens tonight.

Why are you so grouchy Luva? Did that fat pussy turn you down?

lefty
04-10-2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.famousmormons.net/danny-ainge-2.jpg

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Ainge should've waited until the offseason to break up this team. What a dumb fuck he is.

daspurs
04-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Ainge should've waited until the offseason to break up this team. What a dumb fuck he is.

Like dirk nobalski ?

lefty
04-10-2011, 06:53 PM
LnGrrrR

Here is an avatar or sig for you:

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lif5jgabeP1qhjskpo1_400.jpg

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Like dirk nobalski ?
How those relate? A dumb manager vs. a great player on a terrible team.

LkrFan
04-10-2011, 06:55 PM

:rollin

DMC
04-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Shaq was exposed last year when KG used him over and over from just a few feet outside the paint. Shaq doesn't move well and he's easy to shoot over for tall shooters. Even though KG is on Shaq's team now (or vice versa), there are teams in the East who have big shooters and who will take advantage of Shaq when he's on the floor.

Kyle Orton
04-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Pretty sure Jamison was guarding KG the majority of the time in that series last year....in fact I'm sure of it.

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Pretty sure Jamison was guarding KG the majority of the time in that series last year....in fact I'm sure of it.
Why would Shaq guard a PF anyways? I can't see that happening. He will only guard centers.

LnGrrrR
04-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Jamison got abused by KG last year.

Capt Bringdown
04-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Ainge might as well have traded the Big 3 too since they havent gotten over the fact that the organization traded their "friend".....

Exactly. It's not as if Perkins is Wilt Chamberlain, FFS.

This is mostly about a team gone emo. And, it's an indictment of Garnett's leadership. He's not an overcomer, as Minny fans well know.

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Exactly. It's not as if Perkins is Wilt Chamberlain, FFS.

This is mostly about a team gone emo. And, it's an indictment of Garnett's leadership. He's not an overcomer, as Minny fans well know.
The Center positions is huge for a defense. It is important for a center to be good at this part. Teams with weak centers defensively don't win. Some teams are often considered soft. Dallas got that soft label due to that imo. They needed a Perkins back in the day.

j.dizzle
04-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Do you know why Perkins was so important to Boston? Dude set some of the best moving screens ive ever seen. :lmao. Now their players have to work harder to get open looks.

Kyle Orton
04-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Do you know why Perkins was so important to Boston? Dude set some of the best moving screens ive ever seen. :lmao. Now their players have to work harder to get open looks.

Good point. The fear of getting sandwiched between KG and Perkins under the basket made defending Ray Allen a nightmare.

Venti Quattro
04-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Now we completely know how Boston is royally screwed. Chicago and Miami abused them in a span of 72 hours :lol

Kyle Orton
04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Also being emo about Perkins has probably made it impossible for Jeff Green to get comfortable.

Capt Bringdown
04-10-2011, 08:02 PM
The Center positions is huge for a defense. It is important for a center to be good at this part. Teams with weak centers defensively don't win. Some teams are often considered soft. Dallas got that soft label due to that imo. They needed a Perkins back in the day.

Agreed about the importance of defensive centers, but the Celtics were playing their best ball of the season with Snaq, when Perkins was out. I'm not sure Snaq can regarded as a strong defensive center anymore.
Furthermore, Perkins is a fine role/complementary player, but is he really the defensive anchor were Mavs were looking for? I have a hard time seeing him as a transformative force on any team.

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Agreed about the importance of defensive centers, but the Celtics were playing their best ball of the season with Snaq, when Perkins was out. I'm not sure Snaq can regarded as a strong defensive center anymore.
Furthermore, Perkins is a fine role/complementary player, but is he really the defensive anchor were Mavs were looking for? I have a hard time seeing him as a transformative force on any team.
On a team that badly needs defense, he is a great fit imo. He sets great picks as well. Players like that don't show a lot on the stat sheet but are very effective. It's not always easy to know which players can change your team for the best either due to these intangibles. I think Devin Harris had his own intangibles that were lost when we traded him. Diop became a lazy fuck and lost what he was great at (intangibles). Dampier was slow but against certain teams he could be effective. Though not as much as hoped for I have to admit.

TD 21
04-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Perkins' loss is overplayed, from a basketball perspective IMO..they were playing elite basketball without him, earlier in the season..however, it seems like losing him has affected them from a mental standpoint, especially Rondo, so I guess you could blame the trade, if you're playing that card..

If Shaq miraculously stays healthy, he'll replace Perkins' toughness..

No, it isn't. Everyone talks about how well they were playing without him, without mentioning the fact that they only did it for a few months. It's not like there was a full season of evidence to go off of. It's like the '08 Lakers. Sure, they were playing well without Bynum . . . until the Finals, when not having him was glaring. Also, that ignores the reality that the O'Neal's (particularly Shaq; because he's the more important one) are part time players at this stage in their careers. To think Shaq was going to play 70-75 games at or near the level he started off the season at was shortsighted.

People can talk all they want about how Perkins was a liability offensively at the end of games and that they closed with Davis anyway; that's fine. But Perkins was a big part of getting them to those last six or so minutes in position to win. Without him, they're somewhat like the Spurs of the past few seasons defensively. Garnett (even though he doesn't guard C's), basically has to be the C for long stretches and down the stretch of games. Unfortunately for them, unlike Duncan, he's not capable of anchoring a defense, playing heavy minutes or being a glass cleaner at this stage of his career. Even if O'Neal comes back and miraculously get's into game shape/rhythm quickly, they need him for more than he's capable of giving them.

Perkins was their identity. All that false bravado and swagger is gone, because they know no one fears them without him on the back line. The chemistry is clearly not the same, nor is the belief. It was a stupid trade. Green isn't a good enough building block to sacrifice what was a roughly 20% chance at a championship, when this is quite possibly their last realistic chance with this group.

I rarely revise my predictions from the start of the season, save for two exceptions: debilitating injuries and trades involving core players. While I'm not going to rule the Celtics out, I no longer have them making the Finals. I've got it roughly 50/50 between the Bulls/Heat.

LnGrrrR
04-10-2011, 11:55 PM
TD 21 said everything that I would've said. :toast

Killakobe81
04-11-2011, 12:12 AM
No, it isn't. Everyone talks about how well they were playing without him, without mentioning the fact that they only did it for a few months. It's not like there was a full season of evidence to go off of. It's like the '08 Lakers. Sure, they were playing well without Bynum . . . until the Finals, when not having him was glaring. Also, that ignores the reality that the O'Neal's (particularly Shaq; because he's the more important one) are part time players at this stage in their careers. To think Shaq was going to play 70-75 games at or near the level he started off the season at was shortsighted.

People can talk all they want about how Perkins was a liability offensively at the end of games and that they closed with Davis anyway; that's fine. But Perkins was a big part of getting them to those last six or so minutes in position to win. Without him, they're somewhat like the Spurs of the past few seasons defensively. Garnett (even though he doesn't guard C's), basically has to be the C for long stretches and down the stretch of games. Unfortunately for them, unlike Duncan, he's not capable of anchoring a defense, playing heavy minutes or being a glass cleaner at this stage of his career. Even if O'Neal comes back and miraculously get's into game shape/rhythm quickly, they need him for more than he's capable of giving them.

Perkins was their identity. All that false bravado and swagger is gone, because they know no one fears them without him on the back line. The chemistry is clearly not the same, nor is the belief. It was a stupid trade. Green isn't a good enough building block to sacrifice what was a roughly 20% chance at a championship, when this is quite possibly their last realistic chance with this group.

I rarely revise my predictions from the start of the season, save for two exceptions: debilitating injuries and trades involving core players. While I'm not going to rule the Celtics out, I no longer have them making the Finals. I've got it roughly 50/50 between the Bulls/Heat.

I must say I dont know if I am ready to write off the C's but TD21 makes some great fucking points. Perk gave their team swag that they seem to lack right now. Plus he sets great screens which I bet if you look at Ray's numbers I BET (havent looked) he has suffered the most without Perk, outside of Rondo.

Capt Bringdown
04-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Perk's defense wasn't very impressive at all against the Lakers. In fact the Lakers made a point of exposing him.
Perkins = overrated.

TampaDude
04-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Celtics are fucked.

usdane
04-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Ainge did pull a heist getting KG and Ray. They did get a chip; that is pretty damn good.

That said Ainge will probably be looking for a job this summer.

100%duncan
04-11-2011, 03:52 AM
lol

LakerHater
04-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Celtics rest Garnett, Allen, Rondo vs. Wizards

By JOSEPH WHITE, AP Sports Writer 1 hour, 10 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP)—A day after a beatdown by the Miami Heat, Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers chose rest over seeding when he sat Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo for Monday night’s game against the Washington Wizards.

Rivers also said Paul Pierce probably wouldn’t play, and that Jermaine O’Neal would see limited minutes.
“The way we’re playing right now, I think we do need it, so we’re going to take it,” Rivers said.
Rivers made the move even though his team was still in contention for the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference. Boston trailed Miami by one game after Sunday’s 100-77 road loss, but the Celtics own the tiebreaker between the two clubs. Boston would claim second place if it defeated the Wizards on Monday and beats the New York Knicks in its regular season finale on Wednesday—and if the Heat were to lose at Atlanta on Monday or at Toronto on Wednesday.
“It’s a very difficult decision,” Rivers said. “Miami has a tough game tonight, but overall it’s right for the team.”
Rivers said he plans to rest his stars again at New York, but he “probably” would change his mind if the Heat were to lose at Atlanta. He said Shaquille O’Neal, who hasn’t played since April 3 because of a strained right calf, will not play Wednesday regardless of the standings.
Rivers figures if his veteran starters get a three-day mental break—Monday through Wednesday—they’ll be ready for three good days of practices Thursday through Saturday before the playoffs start. He said his message will be: “Just reset yourself. Reset the team.”
“Mostly it’s mental, all the time, with anybody on any team,” Rivers said. “They’re the best conditioned athletes in the world, so I don’t believe in the whole getting-tired theory unless you’re allowing yourself to get tired. They just need the rest. And the break. The whole reason is it allows us to have practice with energy, and we need that more than anything.”
The Wizards are banged up and lottery-bound, but Rivers said the opponent didn’t factor into his decision.
“The decision was made on how we played (against Miami),” Rivers said.

LnGrrrR
04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Paul Pierce isn't playing either. It's basically the second unit starting.

LnGrrrR
04-11-2011, 08:47 PM
How is Carlos Arroyo still drawing a paycheck?

ShoogarBear
04-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Paul Pierce isn't playing either. It's basically the second unit starting.

So Garnett, Allen, Rondo, and Pierce aren't playing?

That will be good practice for The Finals.

Budkin
04-11-2011, 11:03 PM
It was obvious when it happened but man that was a stupid fucking trade.

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2011, 11:10 PM
CROFL Ainge :lol