PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Heat?

04-10-2011, 05:24 PM
everyone seems to have forgotten about them, especially the media who were too busy covering the chicago and lakers' runs after the all star break. with everything that has plagued them, the heat still managed to get about the same record as the lakers and the number 2 seed in the east. i can see them making to the finals if boston doesn't find some kind of fountain of youth like they did last season.

might struggle against the bulls since thib seems to have a knack for designing defensive plans for players like lebron and wade. but he's never had to deal with two superstar perimeter players in the playoffs. i personally think the heat are built to shine in the playoffs while of course others are still in denial about this team's potential.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2011, 05:27 PM
My opinion from the off-season hasn't changed..they will win the title, and the only team that can stop them is the Lakers, but only if Kobe defers to Bynum and Gasol for the entire series..

My only concern for the Heat is Spoelstra getting outcoached + the lackadasical play that they display on a regular basis(Wade and Lebron playing careless with the ball, Chalmers being an idiot, Bibby's shot selection)..other minor concerns include Bosh's vagina, Joel Anthony getting too much PT, Haslem and Miller's injuries, but every team has flaws..

daspurs
04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
My opinion from the off-season hasn't changed..they will win the title, and the only team that can stop them is the Lakers, but only if Kobe defers to Bynum and Gasol for the entire series..

My only concern for the Heat is Spoelstra getting outcoached + the lackadasical play that they display on a regular basis(Wade and Lebron playing careless with the ball, Chalmers being an idiot, Bibby's shot selection)..other minor concerns include Bosh's vagina, Joel Anthony getting too much PT, Haslem and Miller's injuries, but every team has flaws..

Im with harlemheat . .. BTW tell me udonis wouldnt have put down an ass whoopin if he would have been out there :lol

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
04-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Earlier, I didn't think they could beat the Celtics in a series, but now I am pretty positive they will. However, it's going to be a war. Or over quick, Celtics seem ready to implode and no one in the east will take them lightly like they did last year. Then, they have to get by Chicago with the same kind of turnaround they would have done against Boston, dropping the first 3. I can't call that series yet because neither is there, but it looks more probable by the day.

daspurs
04-10-2011, 06:01 PM
weren't they suppose to win like 80 games. Non issue.

Aint you suppose to be watchin naruto lil nigga ?

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
They aren't that good. Lakers will rape them if somehow they get passed Chicago which I doubt.

Giuseppe
04-10-2011, 06:07 PM
My opinion from the off-season hasn't changed..they will win the title, and the only team that can stop them is the Lakers, but only if Kobe defers to Bynum and Gasol for the entire series.

:lmao The "entire series." How bout if Kobe deviates for like say a single second and takes the reins from Bynum and Gasol?

Riddler
04-10-2011, 06:12 PM
:lmao The "entire series." How bout if Kobe deviates for like say a single second and takes the reins from Bynum and Gasol?

He'll shoot airballs and go 6-24

TampaDude
04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
The WCF will be the real championship series, just like it usually is.

Stringer_Bell
04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Beating the Celtics isn't that big of an accomplishment these days, the Bulls will lock the East down while Miami ends up having a typical Lebron playoff year.

Bito Corleone
04-10-2011, 06:27 PM
The Heat aren't ready. Their half court offense is mediocre at best, and they aren't going to win playoff series' with fast break points. It will get the some games, but as soon as they face a team with some transition D they're screwed.

They will be an unstoppable force as early as next season, but this year I don't think they have all the pieces needed to win a title.

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 06:30 PM
The WCF will be the real championship series, just like it usually is.
You mean the Lakers are the real champions. I don't see any team that can beat them in the WC.

TampaDude
04-10-2011, 06:34 PM
You mean the Lakers are the real champions. I don't see any team that can beat them in the WC.

Then you're blind. There are several teams in the West that could beat the Lakers. Not saying they WILL beat the Lakers, just that they can.

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Then you're blind. There are several teams in the West that could beat the Lakers. Not saying they WILL beat the Lakers, just that they can.
The Thunder have the size but that is about it. lol at anyone thinking the Spurs have a chance. Mavs would get killed.

daspurs
04-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Dwyane Wade: "We're not celebrating this victory. Regular-season game."

Giuseppe
04-10-2011, 07:02 PM
He'll shoot airballs and go 6-24

Ipso facto:::

Kobe: 6

Duncan: 4

Riddler
04-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Ipso facto:::

Kobe: 6

Duncan: 4

Shaq - 3
Gasol, Bynum, Fisher - 2
Kobe - 0

DMC
04-10-2011, 07:27 PM
The Heat have a legitimate shot at it, but they aren't even the best in their own conference. I don't see them getting by the Bulls, mostly because they don't have a PG who can do what Rose can do. They also don't have anyone to match up with Boozer and Noah in the paint. It's going to be Lebron and Wade from down town every other trip, and if either of them gets into the chucker mode, it's over. The Bulls play team basketball and have a much much better coach. However, if they come out of the East, I think they might be able to beat the Lakers if the Lakers come out of the West. If SA comes out of the West, I think SA takes it for the same reasons I mentioned above. Even though the Lakers have a huge front court, they don't get out in transition nearly as well as the Heat. The Spurs run the ball pretty well.

tlongII
04-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Blazers over Heat in the Finals in 6 games.

baseline bum
04-10-2011, 07:31 PM
You can never count out a defensive team with a top 5 player, much less two top 5 players. Who would have picked Miami over the stacked 06 Pistons frontcourt? All it took was for Wade to go nuts for them to be pretty decisively beaten. Still, it'd definitely be a hell of an upset to see them win a title with how lousy their halfcourt execution has been all season.

Kyle Orton
04-10-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't see them getting by the Bulls, mostly because they don't have a PG who can do what Rose can do.

Neither did the vast majority of the championship teams from the last 20 years. PG is by far the least important position in the playoffs.

Point guards lose championships.

daspurs
04-10-2011, 07:32 PM

:lol i got that result on the espn playoff predictor

DMC
04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Neither did the vast majority of the championship teams from the last 20 years. PG is by far the least important position in the playoffs.

Point guards lose championships.

Although I agree that a PG isn't the most important role on the team (dominant big is by far), it's been a glaring weakness for the Heat as Wade and Lebron are tasked with the job from time to time, making it difficult to get movement from both guys (without the ball). Miami's best bet is to get both James and Wade moving without the ball with Bosh in the post, and to have a strong PG to get them the ball in their spots or on the move. Bibby has helped lately, but I don't know that he will be acclimated enough to make a big difference in the playoffs. Had the Heat gained a cushion on their competition in the East, I might be more willing to buy into them winning a ring. Instead, I believe it will become the James and Wade show, and that's going to cost them games.

Kyle Orton
04-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Wade and Lebron, IMO, suck moving without the ball because neither one has any experience with it. Since the day they both started playing basketball, the balls been in their hands most of the time.

DMC
04-10-2011, 07:57 PM

Ditka

DMC
04-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Wade and Lebron, IMO, suck moving without the ball because neither one has any experience with it. Since the day they both started playing basketball, the balls been in their hands most of the time.

I realize this. This is why they are going to have a hard time beating the Bulls if they ever get that far.

Kai
04-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Honestly, finals bound, imo

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 08:01 PM
I realize this. This is why they are going to have a hard time beating the Bulls if they ever get that far.
You also got to consider that they can't consistently hit the 3 point shots. That makes it tough for either one to dominate when teams know they can leave you open to help out on the player driving.

Kyle Orton
04-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Can't consistently hit 3s, and a giant weakness at PG. Two problems that were supposed to doom the Lakers last year and never did.

DMC
04-10-2011, 08:03 PM
You also got to consider that they can't consistently hit the 3 point shots. That makes it tough for either one to dominate when teams know they can leave you open to help out on the player driving.

I have considered that as well. If they were moving without the ball, they wouldn't have to create their own shots nearly as much, wouldn't have to shoot the 3 in transition and would see more open looks because someone has to stop the ball.

Capt Bringdown
04-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't think they should be written off - they've got a shot so far as they are Wade's and not LeBron's team.

They can take away or at least equal one of LA's big advantages: star treatment from the refs. Wade can single-handedly get the Lakers front line in foul trouble.