PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta - who should not attend

rr2418
04-10-2011, 07:42 PM
I know many people will disagree with me but certain people should not go to certain fiesta events. Events like NIOSA, Taste of New Orleans should be out of the question for:

1. Elderly people- They walk too slow, especially when they're in groups. They stop suddenly in the middle of the crowd and have no idea where they're going.

2. Big/fat people- They walk slow and take up alot of space. It's brutal when you are at NIOSA, and they are just strolling along.

3. Strollers- If you can't find a babysitter, then stay home. You've become parents now. The time of going to fiesta and partying is OVER! Those strollers really take up lots of room.

I know it's mean of me to think that way, but it alway seems like when the crowd suddenly is not moving, it's almost always one of these reasons.

Das Texan
04-10-2011, 07:52 PM
So basically over half of San Antonio cant go according to you.....

MannyIsGod
04-10-2011, 07:52 PM
The only people who should go to NIOSA are those who think standing around in crowds with a crappy light beer in stacked cups is actually fun.

Congrats.

SourCandy
04-10-2011, 08:14 PM
No one should wear flip flops either. That is all.

Stringer_Bell
04-10-2011, 08:26 PM
No one should wear flip flops either. That is all.

Don't let your fans know you're in town for Fiesta, they will blow your PM box up.

NIOSA is a waste, especially the sausage fest that was College Night if they even still have that.

Capt Bringdown
04-10-2011, 08:53 PM
NIOSA used to be an all-ages open pour when I was a whipper-snapper, but I'd guess those days are long gone, eh?

rr2418
04-10-2011, 08:57 PM
The only people who should go to NIOSA are those who think standing around in crowds with a crappy light beer in stacked cups is actually fun.

Congrats.

LOL, I haven't done the stack cups thing in a long time! Back when I was in my twenties. Actually, my wife and I go along with some friends and always have a good time. My wife and I don't drink and not everyone in our group drinks alot, but we still have fun! Oh, thanks on the congrats! :rolleyes

MannyIsGod
04-10-2011, 08:59 PM
:lmao

I fucking pegged you to a T didn't I?

Axe Murderer
04-10-2011, 09:08 PM

Congrats.

Doesn't that describe like 90% of single people in their twenties?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-10-2011, 11:25 PM

Congrats.

Pretty much this. God damn if it is not lame.

rr2418
04-10-2011, 11:39 PM
:lmao

I fucking pegged you to a T didn't I?

Don't even know what you mean!! :lol

I gather you fit one of the descriptions in my OP? :lol

Sense
04-11-2011, 12:49 AM

Congrats.

Can't you take your own beer?

mrsmaalox
04-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Hmmm. I've only ever been to the Oyster Bake, but my impression of the entire Fiesta thing was pretty similar to Manny's: groups of sweaty people stand or stroll around, simultaneously stuffing their faces and balancing cups of tepid Bud Light, while watching others do the same; I had no idea one aspect was speeding around to absorb even more of that action. It's good to know, cuz I just knew there had to be more to it! :lol

DoubtingThomas
04-11-2011, 09:00 AM
I think the youngsters should stay home so the more mature adults can enjoy a good time without all the testosterone fights. But I doubt that will ever happen.

JudynTX
04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
:lol There are some of us who are civilized when we go out to drink. When I go to Fiesta, I don't go to get wasted, just a nice buzz. :toast

It only comes once a year. WTH.

rr2418
04-11-2011, 12:56 PM
:lol There are some of us who are civilized when we go out to drink. When I go to Fiesta, I don't go to get wasted, just a nice buzz. :toast

It only comes once a year. WTH.

THERE YOU GO!!!

HAPPY FIESTA!!! :toast

JudynTX
04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
THERE YOU GO!!!

HAPPY FIESTA!!! :toast

So what events have you gone to so far?

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I love strategically "accidentally" spilling beer on the bumper/speeders. Oops. Sorry asshole!

MannyIsGod
04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Fiesta is cool. Going out to the Oyster Bake is good because they have music and other events (and of course oysters). Taste of New Orleans was great (dont' know if they have that now) and there were other good events.

NIOSA was and I'm sure still is a shit hole.