PDA

View Full Version : Dear Lord, let Dallas fall to #4...

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2011, 11:08 PM
....I want no part of OKC.

Dallas plays the Rockets and then the Hornets for their final two games, while the Thunder play the Kings and Bucks.

Once again, Thunder own the tiebreaker with Dallas by virtue of being a division winner.

Mugen
04-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Motherfuckin Scola Thread. You owe us one Rockets. You fucking owe us one.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2011, 11:10 PM
:lol :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-10-2011, 11:13 PM
OKC looks good. WTF is up with LA? Bynum played 39 minutes in that debacle, it's not like Phil took his foot off the gas. I'd love to see LA and OKC as the 2 and 3.

DesignatedT
04-10-2011, 11:14 PM
What if LA drops to 4.

Mugen
04-10-2011, 11:15 PM
What if LA drops to 4.

Nobody can outchoke Dallas.

romad_20
04-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Nobody can outchoke Dallas.
:tu good point

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Hahaha oh man, knowing our luck, of course LA would drop to 4, and we'd get an OKC/LA WCF matchup.

Dallas wouldn't be a cake walk, but without Butler they'd be a hell of a lot easier than a team like OKC that has both size and athleticism.

Mugen
04-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Hahaha oh man, knowing our luck, of course LA would drop to 4, and we'd get an OKC/LA WCF matchup.

Dallas wouldn't be a cake walk, but without Butler they'd be a hell of a lot easier than a team like OKC that has both size and athleticism.

I don't think DAL wants any part of LA so i could see them tanking tomorrow against HOU......

a Dallas/Denver series is a toss up IMO....

ShoogarBear
04-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Dream scenario: Dallas falls to 4, and NO gets the #8 and it's Portland or Memphis vs. LA in the first round.

Juggity
04-10-2011, 11:32 PM
We've won all of our games against OKC this season, even handed them one of their worst defeats on January 1. I think we match up well with them, and frankly I'd rather we played them than LA if it came right down to it.

Mugen
04-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Wanna see the following:

-Dallas splits
-OKC wins out
-NO Loses out

DPG21920
04-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Dream scenario: Dallas falls to 4, and NO gets the #8 and it's Portland or Memphis vs. LA in the first round.

Exactly. But get ready for a nightmare, because that isn't happening and LA gets a cakewalk to the WCF with NO and DAL. Most likely scenario by a long shot.

Man In Black
04-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Oklahoma City would tell you that the Spurs have their number. They're better prepped for it but I think the main reason that the Spurs do well against the Thunder is because unlike Bean the Gunner, Ginobili is just as likely to pass or shoot the ball and it makes OKC defenders crazy.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2011, 11:37 PM
We've won all of our games against OKC this season, even handed them one of their worst defeats on January 1. I think we match up well with them, and frankly I'd rather we played them than LA if it came right down to it.

OKC was on a b2b when they got handed their worst loss. While this season the Spurs experience usually out performs the Thunder's youth in crunch time, I think the addition of Perkins along with the fact that OKC has been one of the best teams in the entire league post ASB doesn't bode well for SA.

Also, we have 0 answers for Durant and Westbrook. OKC's frontline should do a great job of keeping Parker and co. out of the pain, plus Manu always seems to struggle against the Thunder despite having some memorable plays against them.

Mugen

Spurs have yet to play the new OKC. They've been the best time since the All Star break....

Spurs don't want any part of OKC anytime soon....

Amuseddaysleeper

:lobt2:

ShoogarBear
04-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Memphis: @Portland, @LAC
NO: Utah, @Dallas

You figure Portland and Dallas will both be playing for seeding. If Memphis can beat Portland, they should get the #7.

crc21209
04-10-2011, 11:43 PM
However things end up, you gotta admit these are going to be the most interesting last couple days in the history of the NBA. So many seeds are still undetermined....

admiralsnackbar
04-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Spurs have yet to play the new OKC.

Bingo.

TD 21
04-10-2011, 11:56 PM
I get having preferences and all, but is there any team the vast majority of you don't fear? It's ridiculous, yet so typical. You would never see this type of behavior out of not only Lakers fans, but even Mavs fans. You wonder why Lakers fans look down their noses at Spurs fans? It's because so many of you enable it, by playing up this scared, little team that could, underdog bullshit.

DPG21920
04-10-2011, 11:57 PM
No, TD21. They look down at Spurs fans because they are on top of car hoods jumping up and down.

Josepatches_
04-11-2011, 12:02 AM

Not me.

DesignatedT
04-11-2011, 12:09 AM
OKC will win there next 2 games meaning Dallas also has to win its remaining 2 if they want to avoid the 4. They still have HOU and NO so Dallas dropping a game wouldn't be too surprising. I could see Dallas dropping to the 4.

Josepatches_
04-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Exactly. But get ready for a nightmare, because that isn't happening and LA gets a cakewalk to the WCF with NO and DAL. Most likely scenario by a long shot.

NO & Memphis want Dallas.Surely Portland too.Everybody would pick them between Lakers,Spurs or Hornets.

But it's not clear who is going to be the 2nd,3rd or 4 seed so the only secure thing is that we'll be the 1st seed.

My hope is NO will tank to the 8th spot to avoid the risk of to play Lakers.We have the 1st seed but i believe teams still have more afraid of the champs.

But Memphis could do the same.

ajballer4
04-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Motherfuckin Scola Thread. You owe us one Rockets. You fucking owe us one.

Unfortunately, Scola and Lowry both arent playing right now, and probably wont for the rest of the season.

DPG21920
04-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Come on, NO. Choke. Tank.

admiralsnackbar
04-11-2011, 12:23 AM
I get having preferences and all, but is there any team the vast majority of you don't fear? It's ridiculous, yet so typical. You would never see this type of behavior out of not only Lakers fans, but even Mavs fans. You wonder why Lakers fans look down their noses at Spurs fans? It's because so many of you enable it, by playing up this scared, little team that could, underdog bullshit.
:lol Please. You never hear Lakers fans stress because they skip on their team whenever it isn't championship-worthy. You remember their honorable courage when they got swept in 99? I don't. Or in any of the post-Magic pre-3peat seasons?

As for Mavs fans... try going to their boards if you want to see defeated whiners. Mavs krew here is in it to talk shit 90% of the time, regardless of team performance.

I think most people in here couldn't give a fuck what trolls think, or which direction their nose is pointing. They're probably thinking the window is closing fast and we're taking a team into th POs that is running the sort of offense previous versions of the Spurs would have bounced handily.

TD 21
04-11-2011, 12:43 AM
:lol Please. You never hear Lakers fans stress because they skip on their team whenever it isn't championship-worthy. You remember their honorable courage when they got swept in 99? I don't. Or in any of the post-Magic pre-3peat seasons?

As for Mavs fans... try going to their boards if you want to see defeated whiners. Mavs krew here is in it to talk shit 90% of the time, regardless of team performance.

I think most people in here couldn't give a fuck what trolls think, or which direction their nose is pointing. They're probably thinking the window is closing fast and we're taking a team into th POs that is running the sort of offense previous versions of the Spurs would have bounced handily.

I'm not talking about "stress" and I'm damn sure not putting "honorable courage" and Lakers fans in the same sentence. I'm talking about acting like a scared little bitch (no offense, Amused, I'm speaking in general terms). Every single half decent team the vast majority of this fan base is scared to death of. They act like the Spurs should fear all these lower seeded teams, when in reality, if anything, it should be the other way around.

You may be right about Mavs fans. But I stand by what I said about Lakers fans. The point is, both the Lakers and Spurs have championship pedigrees. The difference is, one fan base carries themselves like their fans of a team who's won multiple championships and the other acts like they're the little team that could and the underdog. I'm not saying Spurs fans should act like arrogant pukes, or that they should have infinite confidence in this team, but have a little confidence.

Sean Cagney
04-11-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm not talking about "stress" and I'm damn sure not putting "honorable courage" and Lakers fans in the same sentence. I'm talking about acting like a scared little bitch (no offense, Amused, I'm speaking in general terms). Every single half decent team the vast majority of this fan base is scared to death of. They act like the Spurs should fear all these lower seeded teams, when in reality, if anything, it should be the other way around.

You may be right about Mavs fans. But I stand by what I said about Lakers fans. The point is, both the Lakers and Spurs have championship pedigrees. The difference is, one fan base carries themselves like their fans of a team who's won multiple championships and the other acts like they're the little team that could and the underdog. I'm not saying Spurs fans should act like arrogant pukes, or that they should have infinite confidence in this team, but have a little confidence.

Don't you find it even a little pathetic that this fan base is hoping and praying that the Spurs don't get the Grizzlies? I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer not to get them either, but you won't see me acting like I'm terrified of them at the same time. If the Spurs play how they're capable of playing, the series should go no longer than six games.

Yet if you listened to this fan base, you'd think the Spurs were the seventh best team in the conference. Apparently the only team they feel fairly confident in the Spurs beating is the Hornets.

Killakobe81
04-11-2011, 01:02 AM

TD21 is gangsta!
I like this his faith is in his team regardless of the path they have to take to get there ... props TD21.

BTW i dont look down on Spur fan,some are classy. I just despise the conspiracy theorist, ref bitching ones. Real G's like TD21, Duncan228 and even DPG (when he is not all butthurt) ...are afraid of no team ...

Killakobe81
04-11-2011, 01:04 AM

TD21 asking for his brethren to "sack up" and show some heart ...

coachmac87
04-11-2011, 01:12 AM
TD21 asking for his brethren to "sack up" and show some heart ...

Just over analyzing IMO....lol

The only Spurs fans that sould feel ashmaed of themselves are the ones who think we wont make it to the 2nd round.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-11-2011, 01:15 AM

No offense taken and I give you props on a very nice post.

Having said that, the reason so many Spurs fans aren't too confident this year is because the flaws this team has are painfully obvious. They can't guard the rim for jack, they rely on the 3 ball way too much, and are fairly mediocre defensively.

Not only that, but when Bonner gets ahead of Splitter in the rotation, the obsession with small ball, and the fact that Pop forces himself to adjust to other teams (e.g. small ball) as oppose to the other way, then you can see where the lack of confidence comes from.

With the season the Spurs have had, I would love nothing more than one final trophy for the Duncan era. Especially considering how tough (by Spur fans standards) the last couple years have been and knowing that the end is near, who wouldn't want to see the Spurs go out on top?

But at the end of the day, everyone knows the team's record is fools gold, and without a decent frontline to matchup with the rest of the West, I just can't see this Suns ball going very far in the playoffs. I would give my left arm to be proven wrong (and I'm a lefty, so that is saying something :lol) but I'm not gonna pretend like we should be feared when even the lower seeds are embracing a first round bout with the Spurs in hopes of avoiding the Lakers.

I'm sure Pop has some tricks up his sleeve, but it's not like the Spurs haven't flamed out in the playoffs before (vs Suns last year) and even Parker admits he doesn't have the confidence in this group that past Spurs title teams have had. When the players themselves don't truly believe, it's kinda hard to give the fans a hard time for feeling the same way.

ulosturedge
04-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Well from the Spurs point of view they shouldn't care who ends up where in the seeding. But my personal point of view the Thunder look like the stronger team right now while the Mavs look like the weaker. So yeah if they swapped and we met the Mavs in the second round and the Lakers met the Thunder; I would have no argument with that lol. The number one seed should have the easier path to the finals :p

coachmac87
04-11-2011, 01:18 AM

Having said that, the reason so many Spurs fans aren't too confident this year is because the flaws this team has are painfully obvious. They can't guard the rim for jack, they rely on the 3 ball way too much, and are fairly mediocre defensively.

Not only that, but when Bonner gets ahead of Splitter in the rotation, the obsession with small ball, and the fact that Pop forces himself to adjust to other teams (e.g. small ball) as oppose to the other way, then you can see where the lack of confidence comes from.

With the season the Spurs have had, I would love nothing more than one final trophy for the Duncan era. Especially considering how tough (by Spur fans standards) the last couple years have been and knowing that the end is near, who wouldn't want to see the Spurs go out on top?

But at the end of the day, everyone knows the team's record is fools gold, and without a decent frontline to matchup with the rest of the West, I just can't see this Suns ball going very far in the playoffs. I would give my left arm to be proven wrong (and I'm a lefty, so that is saying something :lol) but I'm not gonna pretend like we should be feared when even the lower seeds are embracing a first round bout with the Spurs in hopes of avoiding the Lakers.

I'm sure Pop has some tricks up his sleeve, but it's not like the Spurs haven't flamed out in the playoffs before (vs Suns last year) and even Parker admits he doesn't have the confidence in this group that past Spurs title teams have had. When the players themselves don't truly believe, it's kinda hard to give the fans a hard time for feeling the same way.

You do realize if the Spurs didn't exist the Suns possibly couldve won a championship right???? What makes this team different with the Suns is we have a choice if we want to play fast/or slow. The Suns didnt have a choice.

coachmac87
04-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Well from the Spurs point of view they shouldn't care who ends up where in the seeding. But my personal point of view the Thunder look like the stronger team right now while the Mavs look like the weaker. So yeah if they swapped and we met the Mavs in the second round and the Lakers met the Thunder; I would have no argument with that lol. The number one seed should have the easier path to the finals :p

This really could be the Thunders' year... Sam Presti:toast

Nathan89
04-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Come on, NO. Choke. Tank.

If NO chooses to tank all hope is tied into the Rockets being able to beat the Mavs. I want Okc to get third at all cost even if that means we play Memphis in the first round.

First 2 rounds

Memphis,Dallas/Denver is preferred over NO,Okc/Denver

I think we can handle Memphis in the first round and if we can't well then we suck. Lakers may get an easy first round but they will get their Okc in the second(probably the lakers biggest threat).

Come on, NO. Don't Choke. Don't Tank.

Nathan89
04-11-2011, 01:41 AM

If Okc can knock the Lakers out i'm sure confidence would boost. It's much harder to see the Spurs beating the Lakers than Okc. That is of course because the Laker bigs are offensive threats and that is not the case with the Okc.

coachmac87
04-11-2011, 01:43 AM
If Okc can knock the Lakers out i'm sure confidence would boost. It's much harder to see the Spurs beating the Lakers than Okc. That is of course because the Laker bigs are offensive threats and that is not the case with the Okc.

How can OKC knocking out the Lakers in a 7 game series a good thing for the Spurs???

Nathan89
04-11-2011, 01:55 AM
How can OKC knocking out the Lakers in a 7 game series a good thing for the Spurs???

:wtf

1. Lakers are the most talented team and they are back2back champs.

2. Lakers have two offensive bigs and the Spurs only have one defensive big.

3. We face up against the Thunder better.

4. I hate the Lakers.

5. So many more reasons and the fact that you don't know this is very concerning.

coachmac87
04-11-2011, 02:04 AM
:wtf

1. Lakers are the most talented team and they are back2back champs. (But if OKC beats them, what makes them think they cant beat the Spurs??)
2. Lakers have two offensive bigs and the Spurs only have one defensive big. (OKC has 3 bigs to throw at TD).
3. We face up against the Thunder better. ( Uh not really.)
4. I hate the Lakers. ( Me too. And so do Manu, TD and Tony, which means we should be the team to dethrone them like in 03.)
5. So many more reasons and the fact that you don't know this is very concerning.

I think I proved my point.....

Nathan89
04-11-2011, 02:20 AM
I think I proved my point.....

You sure did convince yourself of that but not anyone else.

TE
04-11-2011, 02:24 AM
I think a series between LA and OKC would be grueling for both teams, perhaps a seven game series with a good bunch decided in OTs. This is could be good or bad for the Spurs.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-11-2011, 02:32 AM
I hope the Mavs fall to 4th. All i know is the Nuggets are screwed if OKC is their first round matchup

I love the new Nuggs team and they are much better than they were with that selfish ball hog fella, but OKC is playing out if its mind.

coachmac87
04-11-2011, 02:32 AM
You sure did convince yourself of that but not anyone else.

Do you not understand how good OKC really is???

weebo
04-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Bitches. In order to be champions, they have to get through all great teams. So, regardless for what you guys wish for the Spurs will end up with a tough match up.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-11-2011, 07:26 AM
I hope the Mavs fall to 4th. All i know is the Nuggets are screwed if OKC is their first round matchup

I love the new Nuggs team and they are much better than they were with that selfish ball hog fella, but OKC is playing out if its mind.

:toast I like the new Nuggets as well, a little surprised they've clicked so fast, but nevertheless a great team without an egomaniacal star and lots of weapons. Hopefully we'd see a 2nd round match up between them and our Spurs.

nkdlunch
04-11-2011, 09:55 AM
OKC, LA looking like toughest opponets out there
then Dallas

then Denver
then Portland

then Memphis

then NO

Based on that, a LA vs OKC matchup would be the best scenario for Spurs. In order for this to happen Dallas needs to drop to 4th (very possible)

41times
04-11-2011, 11:18 AM
....I want no part of OKC.

Dallas plays the Rockets and then the Hornets for their final two games, while the Thunder play the Kings and Bucks.

Once again, Thunder own the tiebreaker with Dallas by virtue of being a division winner.

Funny because L.A. does not want any part of OKC either.

But before everyone gets too excited about the 2nd round matches you might want to check that 1st round opponent.

The West is tough from 1 to 8. Memphis might be young and inexperienced but they are big and tough and they kill you in the paint. You might beat them but they will do some damage.

rascal
04-11-2011, 11:23 AM

If your afraid of playing OKC then you don't believe the spurs are very good.

Spurs rock
04-11-2011, 11:51 AM
What needs to happen so that.....

2- OKC
3- LAL
4- DAL

?

Mel_13
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM

2- OKC
3- LAL
4- DAL

?

OKC wins out while LA and Dallas both lose out.

cd98
04-11-2011, 11:54 AM

2- OKC
3- LAL
4- DAL

?

Bulls need to lose to NY.

TheSpurglar
04-11-2011, 12:12 PM
OKC wins out while LA and Dallas both lose out.

I had a wet dream about this happening after the OKC/LAL game last night, but I'd be more than happy to settle for:

2 - LAL
3 - OKC
4 - DAL

Just AT LEAST let this happen!

Horse
04-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Spurs have yet to play the new OKC. They've been the best time since the All Star break....

Spurs don't want any part of OKC anytime soon....
Are there any Spurs fans out there? Seems everyones point is all the different teams we don't wanna play cause they'll beat us. The only thing we know today is we've been the most consistent team all season, that's enough for me. Okc is playing well but I feel it's one of those things you can't put a finger on, we just win against them. I'm taking the Spurs! All the way:flag:

Mugen
04-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Are there any Spurs fans out there? Seems everyones point is all the different teams we don't wanna play cause they'll beat us. The only thing we know today is we've been the most consistent team all season, that's enough for me. Okc is playing well but I feel it's one of those things you can't put a finger on, we just win against them. I'm taking the Spurs! All the way:flag:
Congratulations, you are one badass SpurFan!

I, on the other hand, choose to acknowledge this team’s glaring weaknesses and realize that some matchups are more favorable than others. I look at OKC and see a team that can throw 4 legit post defenders at Timmy and also boast 2 elite perimeter scorers in Westbrook and Durant. Given the spurs troubles with perimeter D and athletic teams, it just seems that this NEW Thunder team would give SA a lot of trouble.

True, the Spurs have always kinda had the old OKC’s number but this is a very different team than previous incarnations. I still think the Spurs would prevail in 7 games against them. But I don’t like the thought of the Spurs having to go through a tough series against OKC before meeting up with the Lakers in the WCF. I guess I’m just not ass badass…but..

Wooo! Go Spurs! America…Fuck Yeah! :lobt: :flag: :lobt::flag:

spursince#99
04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I was the first to make a thread like this right before the 6 game losing streak and you guys dogged me saying naw...we dont care how the seeding goes as long as we lock up number 1...well now you know what...i dont return favors but FUCK that shit...not because how you did my thread but just in actuality as a TRUE SPURS fan...i speak for ALL TRUE Spurs fans when i say WE take on all challengers no matter whom...WE READY FOR WHOEVER AND THAT EVEN MEANS PLAYING L.A IN ROUND 2 IF WE HAVE TO...LETS DO THIS SHIT!!!!

spursince#99
04-11-2011, 03:07 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175372

rmt
04-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Maybe I'm old, but I like the path of least resistance. It's takes a lot of things to fall into place to win a championship. I'm all for the easiest 1st/2nd round opponents and getting lucky against those that have advantages over the Spurs like LA's front court.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-11-2011, 05:38 PM
The Spurs are an old team. If they're getting burned out by a Dallas series last year, I'd shutter to think what would happen after potentially having to go through Memphis/OKC/LA before seeing Chicago or Miami.

Their bodies aren't going to hold up playing 4 very physical series in a row, so like rmt says, I'd rather opt for the path of least resistance if the opportunity is there.

ulosturedge
04-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I just don't want the Lakers to get a free ride to the western conference finals. They will shit all over the Mavericks. IF they end up getting NO then Dallas that would be gay. Then a SA OKC matchup would be a dog eat dog situation. Those fuckers need to get Portland in the first round and OKC in the second!

Ok that's all very hypothetical lol.

Anyways we are gonna pwn whoever we meet :toast

Go Spurs Go :flag:

TD 21
04-11-2011, 07:26 PM

That's the excuse I always hear, but the truth is, this is how this fan base has always been. I remember people acting this way back in '06, '07. Constantly questioning/doubting them, being scared to death of any half decent team. I understand having reservations about them, but this goes beyond that.

It's funny, though. When the Mavs and Suns were offensive juggernauts a few years back, they were feared and the media built them up. The instant the Spurs became an offensive juggernaut (they're 1st in efficiency), they're constantly questioned. When they were a defensive juggernaut, they were constantly questioned. It doesn't matter what this team does, or how they're built, they're always looked at as vulnerable.

Sean Cagney
04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I just don't want the Lakers to get a free ride to the western conference finals. They will shit all over the Mavericks. IF they end up getting NO then Dallas that would be gay. Then a SA OKC matchup would be a dog eat dog situation. Those fuckers need to get Portland in the first round and OKC in the second!

Ok that's all very hypothetical lol.

Anyways we are gonna pwn whoever we meet :toast

Go Spurs Go :flag:

Hell let that happen and Dallas out in round one so I won't have to look at TERRY for a series again this year! GOD PLEASE let that happen and I will be in blyss.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-11-2011, 07:28 PM
It's funny, though. When the Mavs and Suns were offensive juggernauts a few years back, they were feared and the media built them up. The instant the Spurs became an offensive juggernaut (they're 1st in efficiency), they're constantly questioned. When they were a defensive juggernaut, they were constantly questioned. It doesn't matter what this team does, or how they're built, they're always looked at as vulnerable.

Damn, good point I have to admit

:lol

ajballer4
04-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Lets Go Red Nation!

ajballer4
04-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Ugly game for both Houston and Dallas so far.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2011, 08:15 PM
The Spurs have every reason to mail in tomorrow night's game, if only because an LA win assures that they will be either 2 or 3 and keep them out of the 4 spot.

Conceivably, if the Spurs win at Staples tomorrow, LA could end up with 27 losses and, if OKC wins out (@SAC, v. MIL), would drop LAL (v. SA, @SAC) to the 4 spot (assuming no similar swoon for Dallas (@HOU, v. NOH)).

No matter how great your belief in the Spurs' ability to beat LA, you'd have to guess that the Spurs would rather see LA in the Conference Finals and (assuming both can make it there) and not in the WCSF (assuming each would make it there).

Sometimes, when I post, my own genius amazes me.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks FWD for making my posting SOOOOO easy.

TD 21
04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
The Spurs have every reason to mail in tomorrow night's game, if only because an LA win assures that they will be either 2 or 3 and keep them out of the 4 spot.

Conceivably, if the Spurs win at Staples tomorrow, LA could end up with 27 losses and, if OKC wins out (@SAC, v. MIL), would drop LAL (v. SA, @SAC) to the 4 spot (assuming no similar swoon for Dallas (@HOU, v. NOH)).

No matter how great your belief in the Spurs' ability to beat LA, you'd have to guess that the Spurs would rather see LA in the Conference Finals and (assuming both can make it there) and not in the WCSF (assuming each would make it there).

Sometimes, when I post, my own genius amazes me.

What's the difference (other than it guarantees more playoff revenue, which I doubt is of the players concern)? They got to go through them at some point. Is having to play the Lakers in the WCF instead of the WCSF more important than having game 7 of the Finals at home?

A few months ago, I'd have said "big deal, let the Bulls have it". Not anymore. The Perkins trade changed the Celtics for the worse and that combined with the Bulls having home court throughout the East makes them a viable threat to reach the Finals.

ajballer4
04-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Dallas down 4 at the half

ATXSPUR
04-11-2011, 08:43 PM
What's the difference (other than it guarantees more playoff revenue, which I doubt is of the players concern)? They got to go through them at some point. Is having to play the Lakers in the WCF instead of the WCSF more important than having game 7 of the Finals at home?

A few months ago, I'd have said "big deal, let the Bulls have it". Not anymore. The Perkins trade changed the Celtics for the worse and that combined with the Bulls having home court throughout the East makes them a viable threat to reach the Finals.

The difference is that the Lakers will have more wear and tear on them, especially if they get stuck with Thunder in the second round. It would be 2008 in reverse. A young, energetic team that happened to be a nightmare of a matchup for us took so much out of us that there was nothing left for LA in the WCF.

Mal
04-11-2011, 08:56 PM
If Dallas loses today they are 4th. OKC has tiebreker. (I cant believe that OKC may lose to Kings and Bucks)

Josepatches_
04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
The Hornets want the 8th seed.They really suck tonight.
It will be funny last game if Dallas lose today.

Mugen
04-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Both NO and DAL tanking....nice to see memphis to split one of their remaining games and OKC to win out...

Splits
04-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Both NO and DAL tanking....nice to see memphis to split one of their remaining games and OKC to win out...

Boston tanked tonight, sitting their big 4. NO played their starters until the game was out of reach late in the 4th. Dallas is playing to win, as all their starters are playing their normal rotations, and I see that big ugly German on my screen in a tie game in the 4th quarter.

DesignatedT
04-11-2011, 09:29 PM

Dallas has definitely been trying tonight. NO might be tanking, hopefully Memphis doesn't do the same.

Mugen
04-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Boston tanked tonight, sitting their big 4. NO played their starters until the game was out of reach late in the 4th. Dallas is playing to win, as all their starters are playing their normal rotations, and I see that big ugly German on my screen in a tie game in the 4th quarter.

If Dallas was actually playing to win tonight, then they are even more fucked than I thought they already were.

Down by 1 to a Scola/Lowry - less Rox team who've played pretty shitty.

ShoogarBear
04-11-2011, 09:49 PM
That's the excuse I always hear, but the truth is, this is how this fan base has always been. I remember people acting this way back in '06, '07. Constantly questioning/doubting them, being scared to death of any half decent team. I understand having reservations about them, but this goes beyond that.

This is a good example of "remembering what you want to remember".

I can't recall anyone who's opinion I respected on this board really fearing the Suns. We knew they were a good team, but also a paper tiger and when it got down to Real Time, they were simply not playing a style that was going to win a title. If there were ever serious doubts, they would have been during the last few seconds of the Game 4 Giveaway in the 2007 WCSF, but even by the end of that game, it had been established that the Suns didn't have what it took.

The Mavs were a different story in that it was always a matchup problem, but we always knew that the ace in the hole for the Spurs was defense. Much of the tearing of hair in 2006 was because for the first time Pop appeared to be moving away from that tenet (F Smallball).

In 2007, the Spurs were 1-3 against the Mavs and though the games were close, the Mavs clearly had the Spurs number. The fears about the Mavs were well-founded, and if you polled the serious members around here for their honest beliefs, very few would have said that the Spurs would have beaten the Mavs that year.

In contrast, even though the Spurs were 0-2 against the Cavs in 2007, nobody had serious concerns about them.

NickiRasgo
04-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Rockets by 1, please please.

CubanMustGo
04-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Clutch FT shooting by Jet, they're going to OT after he misses the second.

boutons_deux
04-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Terry misses FT to force OT

ajballer4
04-11-2011, 09:54 PM
It looked like Terry was celebrating. WTF?

Admidave50
Terry choked at the FT line, do OKC have the tiebreaker vs Dallas?

Splits
Best possible outcome. Now Dallas has to play their starters another 5 minutes. Maybe we can see a double or triple OT?

Let's go Rockets!

Admidave50
04-11-2011, 09:55 PM
It looked like Terry was celebrating. WTF?

yeah, had the same feeling. supposed he wasn't but he's such a moron anyway

Sean Cagney
04-11-2011, 09:58 PM
It seems the lord wants us to meet Dallas every single F IN YEAR! Terry misses that FT and they could lose now, seems like it's a plan to face Dallas every single year as it would be 3 in a row if they pass the first round.

Admidave50
04-11-2011, 10:02 PM
LOL @ Marion laughing after a stupid turnover...

NickiRasgo
04-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Rockets is now losing. Tsk.

justinandimcool
04-11-2011, 10:08 PM
So much for that. Looks like OKC/Denver it is in the 2nd round. Now to root for Memphis to win and get 7th.

Sean Cagney
04-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Rockets is now losing. Tsk.

Okay Dallas atleast beat NO the last game to send them TO US in round one, that would be cool! Knowing them though they would lose that one to hurt us :lol:lol. IF OKC loses tonight though that last game will not mean a thing to Dallas if LA wins tomorrow, so they could tank that last game to spite us and send us MEMPHIS! FUCK the scenarios are making my head spin now lol. I just want this regular season to end.
So much for that. Looks like OKC/Denver it is in the 2nd round. Now to root for Memphis to win and get 7th.

Why the fuck is everyone so scared of OKC if this is a so called title team? WHY? Dallas will play us tough too if we meet, hell they are not cakewalk material for us by any means from the rivalry. If anything that series would drain us as well and get more heated from the rivalry.

ajballer4
04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
If we win tomorrow, Dallas will play hard against NO on Wed because then they could get the #2 seed

Sean Cagney
04-11-2011, 10:11 PM
If we win tomorrow, Dallas will play hard against NO on Wed because then they could get the #2 seed

LOL we are not winning tomorow nor will they go all out to try and win! Forget who we face and where and when, just win and play hard and if they are that good they will win the title.

crc21209
04-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Actually, even if LA beats us tomorrow, both them and Dallas will have something to play for on Wednesday, because they will have the same record going into Wednesday and if LA loses their game against Sacramento and Dallas beats NO, Dallas grabs the 2 seed dropping LA to the 3rd seed.

beirmeistr
04-11-2011, 10:56 PM
If we beat LA, won't LA and OKC have identical records? then what?

Mugen
04-11-2011, 10:57 PM
If we beat LA, won't LA and OKC have identical records? then what?

LA has the tie-breaker with both OKC and DAL

beirmeistr
04-11-2011, 11:17 PM
It seems to me that, to be on the safe side , Spurs should rest their starters against LA, thus losing, and then beat Phoenix last game, thus tying Chicago assuming Chicago wins out. That way, LA winds up with either 57-25 or 56-26 if they should lose their last game. If 57-25, they could tie Dallas and win second place because of the tie-breaker. If they finish 56-26, they could tie OKC but they would get third place because they have the tie-breaker with OKC.
Thus, Spurs remain in bracket away from the Lakers until the conference finals if all goes well (no injuries). And they would have identical records with Chicago.
Do I have that right?

crc21209
04-11-2011, 11:21 PM
LA has the tie-breaker with both OKC and DAL

Right. LA has the tie-breaker over both. And OKC has the tie-breaker over Dallas...

Ginobili2Duncan
04-11-2011, 11:30 PM
It seems to me that, to be on the safe side , Spurs should rest their starters against LA, thus losing, and then beat Phoenix last game, thus tying Chicago assuming Chicago wins out. That way, LA winds up with either 57-25 or 56-26 if they should lose their last game. If 57-25, they could tie Dallas and win second place because of the tie-breaker. If they finish 56-26, they could tie OKC but they would get third place because they have the tie-breaker with OKC.
Thus, Spurs remain in bracket away from the Lakers until the conference finals if all goes well (no injuries). And they would have identical records with Chicago.
Do I have that right?

The Spurs need to kick the Lakers while they are down tomorrow night so that they have a chance to drop to the 4 seed. I had reservations about this at first, but now with Dallas winning at Houston, OKC doesn't have a chance for that number 3 seed unless LA loses out.

There is no use in hiding from the Lakers and it will be better to face them sooner rather than later. Facing the Lakers in the second round after a potential cakewalk series with NO is more of an ideal situation than facing them after a slugfest with OKC.

TD 21
04-11-2011, 11:49 PM
This is a good example of "remembering what you want to remember".

I can't recall anyone who's opinion I respected on this board really fearing the Suns. We knew they were a good team, but also a paper tiger and when it got down to Real Time, they were simply not playing a style that was going to win a title. If there were ever serious doubts, they would have been during the last few seconds of the Game 4 Giveaway in the 2007 WCSF, but even by the end of that game, it had been established that the Suns didn't have what it took.

The Mavs were a different story in that it was always a matchup problem, but we always knew that the ace in the hole for the Spurs was defense. Much of the tearing of hair in 2006 was because for the first time Pop appeared to be moving away from that tenet (F Smallball).

In 2007, the Spurs were 1-3 against the Mavs and though the games were close, the Mavs clearly had the Spurs number. The fears about the Mavs were well-founded, and if you polled the serious members around here for their honest beliefs, very few would have said that the Spurs would have beaten the Mavs that year.

In contrast, even though the Spurs were 0-2 against the Cavs in 2007, nobody had serious concerns about them.

No, it's a good example of poor reading comprehension. I never said "people on SpursTalk feared the Suns", which is what you're inferring I said. I just said "they (Suns) were feared". Myriad Spurs fans and media members alike acted as if the Spurs were the underdogs going into the '07 and '08 series.

I'm confident the Spurs would have beaten the Mavs in '07. The '07 Spurs were underrated and the '07 Mavs were overrated. Not only were the two teams closer than their records indicated, but the Spurs were actually the superior team. The Mavs were/are a joke team, that would have caved under the pressure of being the favorites (which they would have been in '07), just like we saw in '10. It took atrocious officiating and the Spurs handing the series away for the Mavs to survive them in '06.

G2D, you're spot on.

Sean Cagney
04-11-2011, 11:53 PM
No, it's a good example of poor reading comprehension. I never said "people on SpursTalk feared the Suns", which is what you're inferring I said. I just said "they (Suns) were feared". Myriad Spurs fans and media members alike acted as if the Spurs were the underdogs going into the '07 and '08 series.

I'm confident the Spurs would have beaten the Mavs in '07. The '07 Spurs were underrated and the '07 Mavs were overrated. Not only were the two teams closer than their records indicated, but the Spurs were actually the superior team. It took atrocious officiating and the Spurs handing the series away for the Mavs to survive them in '06.

G2D, you're spot on.

ShoogarBear
04-12-2011, 01:06 AM

Poor reading comprehension, huh? Gee, how could I have ever possibly thought you were referring to people here?

I guess I must have just dreamed this.

mavsfan1000
04-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Lame that spurs fans don't want to go all out against the Lakers. I hate tanking.

Proxy
04-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Lame that spurs fans don't want to go all out against the Lakers. I hate tanking.

It would be in our best interest on many levels. If you want to disregard that, then you're a moron.

spurs10
04-12-2011, 01:45 AM
They aren't going to tank. They are going to make sure Tim is as well as possible for the playoffs though. Lakers obviously need to right their ship. I think we play them hard with or without Tim. Tiago up against Bynum might be a dogfight worth watching.

Sean Cagney
04-12-2011, 01:52 AM

Why so you guys can get the #2 SEED? I see now why you want it, and only why you want it! Thats the reason why, otherwise you would give a fuck less about it.

duncan228
04-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Jason Terry and Mavericks won't root for Spurs (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/jason-terry-and-mavericks-wont-root-for.html)
By Eddie Sefko

Jason Terry would like to see the Mavericks end up as the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference, but there's one thing he won't do to make sure that happens: cheer for the San Antonio Spurs, who play in LA against the Lakers tonight. A win by the Spurs would mean all the Mavericks have to do is win their last game of the season to be the No. 2 seed.

"I never cheer for them,'' Terry said of the Spurs.

Instead, Terry and the Mavericks will keep their focus on beating New Orleans in the regular-season finale on Wednesday night, then let the chips fall where they may after that. A win against the Hornets guarantees that they will finish no lower than third in the West.

"I couldn't care less,'' Terry said of the first-round playoff opponent. "New Orleans, they got our number right now the last couple times we played them, so I'm really looking forward to that game.''

The Mavericks are enjoying a rest day on Tuesday after their heavy lifters piled up big minutes in an overtime win at Houston Monday - the first OT game of the season.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/jason-terry-and-mavericks-wont-root-for.html

Sean Cagney
04-12-2011, 01:29 PM
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/04/jason-terry-and-mavericks-wont-root-for.html

Of course any mention of the Spurs will have this faggot talking first! Thats all this damn clown thinks about is the Spurs. I don't want Dallas at #4, I don't want to see this clowns face again this year if I don't have to :lol:lol

Fpoonsie
04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Of course any mention of the Spurs will have this faggot talking first! Thats all this damn clown thinks about is the Spurs. I don't want Dallas at #4, I don't want to see this clowns face again this year if I don't have to :lol:lol

Meh. Terry was prolly asked tha question verbatim ("Will you be cheering for the Spurs tonight against LA?"), and answered in kind.

Jason says some idiotic shit rather often, but I doubt this was intended as some kinda slight. The writer simply figured it'd make for a more compelling (yet still altogether shitty) piece if he worded it just so.

G-Nob
04-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Meh. Terry was prolly asked tha question verbatim ("Will you be cheering for the Spurs tonight against LA?"), and answered in kind.

Jason says some idiotic shit rather often, but I doubt this was intended as some kinda slight. The writer simply figured it'd make for a more compelling (yet still altogether shitty) piece if he worded it just so.

That is the exact reason why Cuban wants bloggers out of the locker room.

Fpoonsie
04-12-2011, 01:40 PM
That is the exact reason why Cuban wants bloggers out of the locker room.

Yeah, his little rant was actually pretty insightful.

Shank
04-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Eddie Sefko isn't a blogger.

TD 21
04-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Poor reading comprehension, huh? Gee, how could I have ever possibly thought you were referring to people here?

I guess I must have just dreamed this.

Two different things. You're taking what I said out of context. In the first post you quoted me, I was not referring to people here.