PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Ron Artest

xellos88330
04-10-2011, 11:22 PM
He did well on Durant 1v1, however, the addition of Perkins by the Thunder was huge because he could set a solid screen on Artest to allow Durant to break free. I know Artest is strong and all, but he simply couldn't get around it.

Last season, the Thunder didn't really have anyone that could set a strong enough pick on Artest without Artest fighting through it rather easily. This set up Durants' terrible games. He always had Artests crazy mug in his face.

Does this sound correct?

DJ Mbenga
04-10-2011, 11:28 PM
looked like he got the same shit as last year but he made them tonight. collison is probably a better screen setter than perkins to begin with

Killakobe81
04-10-2011, 11:42 PM
He did well on Durant 1v1, however, the addition of Perkins by the Thunder was huge because he could set a solid screen on Artest to allow Durant to break free. I know Artest is strong and all, but he simply couldn't get around it.

Last season, the Thunder didn't really have anyone that could set a strong enough pick on Artest without Artest fighting through it rather easily. This set up Durants' terrible games. He always had Artests crazy mug in his face.

Does this sound correct?

Good observation. Everyone forgets to mention this about Perk. And even if Collison is better they probably have 2 of the 10 best screeners in the NBA

TampaDude
04-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Perkins was the missing piece. The Thunder can win it all, no lie.

mavsfan1000
04-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Perkins was the missing piece. The Thunder can win it all, no lie.
lol Ainge.

TampaDude
04-10-2011, 11:56 PM
lol Ainge.

Yup...he done fucked the Celtics good with that trade. The main reason the Celtics didn't win the title last year was because Perkins got hurt. Guess that fact didn't dawn on Ainge. :lol

NRHector
04-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Perkins was the missing piece. The Thunder can win it all, no lie.not this year

TampaDude
04-11-2011, 12:01 AM
not this year

Soon...very soon.

usdane
04-11-2011, 12:45 AM
not this year

They are getting close but let's see them win a few playoff series first. They will be surging next few years. They could get a chip in the next 2-3 years if they continue their development.

LakerHater
04-11-2011, 12:49 AM
My thought on Artest was, where was he when KoMe was bout to get fucked up?

j.dizzle
04-11-2011, 12:50 AM
OKC shot damn near 60% from the field, 50% from three & 32-35 at the FT Line. Props to them, they're O was great & they're a young hungry team. They remind me of a college team. They go out, fuck around & have fun. Durant & Westbrook are the type that would rather go to the gym & practice on a Friday night than go out & party.

Pelicans78
04-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Lakers are a year older. Not nearly as good as two years ago and probably worse than last season. Still good enough to win it, but also could easily get banged up enough circa 1989 where they lose in the end.

xtremesteven33
04-11-2011, 01:10 AM
I think its all on Kobe. It was ovious his play as of late has been him trying to win the NBA MVP award over Rose. He knew if he could get his points over Rose and make gamewinning shots he would win over Rose easily. Knowing the media would chose him over Rose. Kobe got selfish and isnt getting his team involved in end game situations.

I think its been apparent theyre having team chemistry issues. The team doesnt look as tight as it has the past couple years. They look tired and disinterested most of the game. Its hard to say theyre done but there is defintely something wrong with this team. Its my opinion Kobe plays for himself in the regular season and then relies more on his team come playoff time. Hes looking to ride Gasol/Bynum all the way to the Championship come playoff time.

xellos88330
04-11-2011, 02:20 AM
looked like he got the same shit as last year but he made them tonight. collison is probably a better screen setter than perkins to begin with

Collison isn't as wide as Perkins is, so it naturally makes Perkins harder to get around. The shot selection of Durant was similar, the difference is that he knows that he has a little more time to get the shot off. Last playoffs, Durant always seemed to rush his shot once he saw daylight. With Perkins there, he didn't look nearly as eager to put up the shot. They were all in a pretty good rythym.

Zelophehad
04-11-2011, 02:49 AM
collison is probably a better screen setter than perkins
:lmao

TE
04-11-2011, 02:55 AM
:lmao
Yeah I was going to laugh at that too but I didn't.

Perkins is a fucking beast when it comes to screening and removing an opposing defender from the picture.

Giuseppe
04-11-2011, 05:20 AM
I think its all on Kobe.

I just bet you do.:rolleyes