PDA

View Full Version : Team records with all major players healthy

D-rob fan
04-11-2011, 12:30 AM
I've got a project for anyone willing to take the time to do it.

What would the records and winning % be for the following teams if all the top 3-4 players were healthy?

Spurs - with Tim, Tony, Manu
Boston - Rondo, Garnet, Allen, Pierce
Bulls - Rose, Deng, Noah, Boozer
Lakers - Pau, Kobe, Bynum, Odom
Dallas - Dirk, Chandler, Terry, Marion
Miami - Lebron, Wade, Bosh

Role players like Bonner, Shaq, J. Oneil don't count. Players like Butler, Haslim with long season injuries dont count.

When the Spurs had that amazing record, everyone said it was due to their good health. Well, I'd like to know if other teams were truly just as good as us win % wise if they were healthy too.

chazley
04-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Why don't you do it...

admiralsnackbar
04-11-2011, 12:37 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/

greyforest
04-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Don't forget to account for strength of schedule...also, if a healthy team beats an injured team, or a team on a b2b, the win quality is lessened.

Point differential doesn't matter as much as it gets credit for, because most coaches (Pop included) don't run the starters minutes up in a blowout, and instead opt to empty the bench.

DMC
04-11-2011, 08:06 AM
+1

SenorSpur
04-11-2011, 08:39 AM
There's an old adage in corporate America, "if you bring it up and if it's a good idea, you take it on and own it".

wontstartdumbthreads
04-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I've got a project for anyone willing to take the time to do it.

What would the records and winning % be for the following teams if all the top 3-4 players were healthy?

Spurs - with Tim, Tony, Manu
Boston - Rondo, Garnet, Allen, Pierce
Bulls - Rose, Deng, Noah, Boozer
Lakers - Pau, Kobe, Bynum, Odom
Dallas - Dirk, Chandler, Terry, Marion
Miami - Lebron, Wade, Bosh

Role players like Bonner, Shaq, J. Oneil don't count. Players like Butler, Haslim with long season injuries dont count.

When the Spurs had that amazing record, everyone said it was due to their good health. Well, I'd like to know if other teams were truly just as good as us win % wise if they were healthy too.

Here ya go...
Note: This is pretty much from memory. I didn't check the recaps or the records but I think it might be close.

Spurs - 40-5
Boston -37-4
Bulls - 42-2
Lakers - 20-5
Dallas - 25-4
Miami - 30-10

Phenomanul
04-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Here ya go...
Note: This is pretty much from memory. I didn't check the recaps or the records but I think it might be close.

Spurs - 40-5
Boston -37-4
Bulls - 42-2
Lakers - 20-5
Dallas - 25-4
Miami - 30-10

:lol

D-rob fan
04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Why don't you do it...

I personally don't have the time to do it. I thought it was an interesting stat that could be telling. Rather than let this idea go to waste, I'm sure there's some people who like doing this kind of stuff. Someone, like John Hollinger could probably make an article about this.

Sisk
04-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Lol "this is pretty much from memory"