PDA

View Full Version : Neymar of Santos is looking for trouble

Brazil
04-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I was watching Santos / Palmeiras and Neymar did that:

7FBJBLnFcxA&feature=player_embedded

Neymar is a talented player but if he keeps on trying to humiliate his opponents, one day a defender in Europe is going to break his legs.

Sense
04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Makes me want to run in there with a bat...

IronMaxipad
04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Youtube comments with the goods:

"In englang you'd already be dead"
http://plus4chan.org/b/jam/src/128687973918.jpg

"i would have slammed him with a monster two footed tackle. nuff said."

Brazil
04-11-2011, 05:45 PM
great SIG Iron !

Neymar is very young, I think he just wants to have fun but he doesn't understand the eventual consequences of acting like a prick. BTW in international games he has more of a low profile.

Anyway he is making the headlines of the media, everybody is quite pissed off in Brazil.

ALVAREZ6
04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
He's got a hell of a future ahead of him. Incredible how good some of these young stars are through these past few years.

Brazil
04-12-2011, 09:59 AM
He's got a hell of a future ahead of him. Incredible how good some of these young stars are through these past few years.

Thats true, there are some very young talented players all over the world.

In Brazil my favorite is PH Ganso but he has already been seriously injured. If he can stay out of injuries trouble he is IMO the new Brazilian pearl, he has more upside than Neymar.

BTW the Santos team healthy is really fun to watch, nobody cares about D but in O when they are playing together and beginning to have fun its impressive.

diego
04-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I dont mind the cheekiness. That kind of cheekiness especially, is not very effective at the highest level and will result in hard fouls, he'll learn soon enough to cut it out.

what does bother me about neymar is the baiting of rivals, fishing for calls, and excessive showmanship (like the other day he got sent off for wearing a mask of himself in a goal celebration). He doesnt realize how much it hurts his team to get the ref and crowd against you, to fall into personal battles on the field, and to get sent off. Most of the times I've seen him play I've been shocked to see what a negative effect he has on the game with his antics. and I dont buy the age excuse, thats just idiocy regardless of age.

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I dont mind the cheekiness. That kind of cheekiness especially, is not very effective at the highest level and will result in hard fouls, he'll learn soon enough to cut it out.

what does bother me about neymar is the baiting of rivals, fishing for calls, and excessive showmanship (like the other day he got sent off for wearing a mask of himself in a goal celebration). He doesnt realize how much it hurts his team to get the ref and crowd against you, to fall into personal battles on the field, and to get sent off. Most of the times I've seen him play I've been shocked to see what a negative effect he has on the game with his antics. and I dont buy the age excuse, thats just idiocy regardless of age.

Thanks for the insight and opinion. I wouldn't know any of this. I agree, the age is no excuse. He's young as hell and still plays in Brazil, and you would expect him to mature some after some time in Europe. He might always be very cocky in nature, but he will not be able to let all of that showmanship out in Europe for long.

DAF86
04-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Neymar is a talented player but if he keeps on trying to humiliate his opponents, one day a defender in Europe is going to break his legs.

That's more likely to happen in South America than in Europe, I know for sure that in Argentina or Uruguay he would have gotten (at the very least) a hit to the chess.

That's another thing I like about Messi he doesn't do any of that unnecessary stuff, he just dribbles through people.

The only tricks I like are productive ones like this one.

vMrCvc0XhD0

Aguante River y Lamela :D

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2011, 11:46 PM
That's more likely to happen in South America than in Europe, I know for sure that in Argentina or Uruguay he would have gotten (at the very least) a hit to the chess.

That's another thing I like about Messi he doesn't do any of that unnecessary stuff, he just dribbles through people.

The only tricks I like are productive ones like this one.

Aguante River y Lamela :D

That cocky move was productive in that case, I'd like to see how often though. And those gay ass single hair braids in the back have got to go. One of the gayest things I've seen. Don't think I'm talking trash simply because it's a River player:

http://www.losblanquillos.com/media/galeria/34/5/0/8/3/n_real_zaragoza_varios-13805.jpg

http://www.oleole.com/media/main/images/blogs/images/group1/subgrp4/9007.jpg

Stupid.

Brazil
04-13-2011, 09:48 AM

it's a possibility but in Brazil no one would dare doing it

Imagine a kid like Neymar doing his stuff on the old retired guys like Costacurta, Di Meco, Carlos Mozer... it would be a massacre

sonic21
04-13-2011, 04:50 PM
i don't think a lot of posters know who Di meco and Mozer are.

sonic21
04-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Neymar is a great player though.

DAF86
04-13-2011, 05:45 PM
That cocky move was productive in that case, I'd like to see how often though. And those gay ass single hair braids in the back have got to go. One of the gayest things I've seen.

That thing is gone, this is how he looks now:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AorUlk_p4hc/TPzA0b5SZ9I/AAAAAAAAA6k/itg_wy7tGcI/s1600/Lamela2.jpg

I don't know if any of you know this kid, he got famous at age 12 'cause Barcelona wanted to steal him (ala Messi), but River did what it needed to be done to retain him.

This is him then:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WaAXC3j9Ias/TTmg9NProEI/AAAAAAAABUY/LoVyMG6Cdsw/s1600/Lamela+de+chico.jpg

ALVAREZ6
04-13-2011, 05:49 PM
This is him then:

him?

Brazil
04-15-2011, 10:03 AM
i don't think a lot of posters know who Di meco and Mozer are.

Well Carlos Mozer is pretty well known internationally by the guys old enough to watch football in the 80's early 90's. He has a consistent palmares in Brazil, Portugal and in France.

for those who don't know him, just an example of the kind of D he was

bzJMf3bmD3s

You're right on Di Meco tough.

Here is a Di Meco best off (not quality but it gives an overview :lol)

mlQc73SlX1s

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-16-2011, 02:37 AM
If Santos qualifies for the next Sudamericana or Libertadores, this kid is going to get a really quick and powerful lesson on why you shouldn't showboat. That kind of shit against a team from Argentina, Uruguay and even Paraguay can end your career.

Having this kind of skills doesn't mean you know how to play football proper. I bet people like Xavi, Iniesta, Dani Alves or even Messi can't pull those tricks, but they are better football players. If you ever play at amateur level in South America, you see many guys pulling this kind of things, that doesn't mean that they are good players.

Neymar looks to me like a rich man's Kerlon, that other Brazilian wonderkid. He had that "seal dribble", where he would carry the ball with small headers. He also liked to overdribble opponents (with his feet). His carrer has pretty much stalled, he was bought by Inter two years ago but now he has been loaned back to Brazil.

rGt3ITQFDDc

Thumbs up at the 1:00 mark the Uruguyan defender stopping the nonsense. And at 1:20 it's just beautiful, what a nice foul.

diego
04-16-2011, 06:21 AM
:lol forgot about kerlon

that seal dribble is just stupid. its totally ineffective and good defenders will take the ball away, no whistle, and leave you on your ass. the same with the infinite enganches cutting back and forth with no aim forward. i'm not against these plays though, if you have the balls to humiliate a defender, can pull it off, and be effective that is great skill and great spectacle- tuneles, sombreros, rabonas etc are some of the nicest plays in the game. its the attitude that is a problem.

i agree with your post, but if neymar were doing his dance on top of the ball routine- effective or not- without the trash talk, flopping, and overall douchiness I wouldn't really have a problem with it. But taken in the larger context of him being a diva more interested in headlines and personal battles, you can see that he dances not to score goals or entertain fans, but to feed his ego.

IMO you can be a fancy player and a team player. the problem is when they are more interested in pulling off the fancy play than making plays for their team.

IronMaxipad
06-05-2011, 01:42 PM
http://upload.riposte.nl/upload/neymardive.gif

ALVAREZ6
06-05-2011, 02:20 PM
what a cocksucker he is^^^