PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sheridan Chat

D-rob fan
04-11-2011, 06:19 PM
JD (VA)

Better chance at first round upset: Memphis or Indy?

Chris Sheridan (2:24 PM)

Memphis. They beat the Spurs twice, they have the most underrated one-on-one defender in the league in Tony Allen to put on Manu, they force more turnovers than any team in the NBA, and they have a Gasol who could be a difference-maker in the series. Also, as weird as it is to type this, Zach Randolph is a more productive player at his position than Tim Duncan.

Spurs fans that actually watch the games (SA)

Compare duncan and randolphs PER please, and minutes played. Then go and look at our two losses and realize that Tony Parker was out for one of the losses, and Tim Duncan was out for the other. I know its the popular pick for you guys to say the spurs are gonna be upset in the first round, but trust me, its not gonna happen.

Chris Sheridan (2:39 PM)

All I am saying right now is it is a tough matchup for SA. I have not picked anyone in any series yet. (Those picks and those of my ESPN.com colleagues will be up Thursday afternoon).

Grizz Fan That Actually Watches Games (Memphis)

To the Spurs fan... and those games the Grizz didn't have Rudy... Keep making excuses... Beware the Bear!

Chris Sheridan (2:59 PM)

A Tennessee touche!

I wish I could've posted the following reply to this.

Spurs Fan That Actually Pays Attention (San Antonio)

To the Memphis fan...You are right that the Grizz didn't have Rudy, but you failed to realize that he's out for the season and you won't have him in the playoff either. Tony and Tim will be playing in the playoffs. Your point is moot and we will still beat you in the first round.

Hoops Czar
04-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Who cares.... Sheridan is right. It is a tough matchup for the Spurs.

Sean Cagney
04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
^ Memphis would be a tough matchup for any of the top 4 west teams.

ajballer4
04-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Besides, its not like he was picking Memphis to win. He was given a choice between Indy and Memphis, and I think 100 out of 100 of us would pick Memphis

Mr. Body
04-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Indiana ain't scarin' no one. Bottom line.

1Parker1
04-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Who cares what Chris Sheridan or anyone on ESPN thinks? They all flip-flop their opinions every week. Except for Holinger, who sticks to his guns, but just flip-flops his stats to apply to his opinion.

ffadicted
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Indiana's chance is so ridiculously low that I'd call you a retard if you didn't agree with Sheridan on who has the most chance

Spursfanfromafar
04-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Sheridan is an asshole who has been disparaging the Spurs since game 1 in this season. He is that idiot who pushed for the Melo trade no matter what for the Knicks and has had egg on his face since Game 1. He expected the Spurs to lose it quickly, Manu to be badly injured (he conjured that up) and even said that the Knicks are a major playoff threat. Everything that he said has basically been bunkum. What a shitty analyst.

Budkin
04-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Memphis blows.

nadie
04-11-2011, 10:12 PM
I think it's not yet settled which team would get the 8th seed. That having been said, I fervently hope that the Spurs won't lose to an 8th seed, otherwise, we won't hear the end of it from the Mavs fans.

xellos88330
04-11-2011, 10:16 PM
No need to get all pissy about this. It is a comparison between Indiana and Memphis' chances. Not the Spurs. Of those two teams to pull of an upset, I would pick Memphis too.

EricB
04-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Memphis would be a tough matchup agreed. But their lack of anyone to check Tony Parker and Tim Duncan would be their downfall. That and the Spurs bench would be better than Memphis's.

In the Spurs championship runs they always had tough first round matchups that got their energy up for the rest of the playoffs.

Thompson
04-11-2011, 10:42 PM
I think it's not yet settled which team would get the 8th seed. That having been said, I fervently hope that the Spurs won't lose to an 8th seed, otherwise, we won't hear the end of it from the Mavs fans.

They still couldn't talk. Their loss to an 8th seed was only one of many epic fails.

nadie
04-12-2011, 02:26 AM
They still couldn't talk. Their loss to an 8th seed was only one of many epic fails.

You're right. I just hope the situation does not arise.

K-State Spur
04-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Sheridan's an idiot.

...Not because he thinks Memphis would be tougher than Indy - they clearly are. He's an idiot because it's been scientifically proven than Knicks' semen destroys brain cells.

elbamba
04-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Spurs in 4, maybe 5 because they usually give away a game in the playoffs.

Rummpd
04-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Good news is that now it is more probable will not see the Grizz - Spurs should not and certainly do not fear them but not having to face that brutish and pretty talented team is fine with me.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Indiana's chance is so ridiculously low that I'd call you a retard if you didn't agree with Sheridan on who has the most chance

I don't get the "Hi Grack" in your sig.

Anonymous Cowherd
04-12-2011, 10:27 AM
So he's asked about the possibility of the Griz causing an upset (could happen, good team) compared with Indiana (higher likelihood)... and then immediately talks solely about the Spurs?

Is he under the impression it's a guaranteed match-up? Why no mention of their chances vs. OKC/Lakers/Mavs?

DaBears
04-12-2011, 10:32 AM
I am not sure what all this talk is about Memphis is for.. Since we will not be playing them in the 1st round of the Playoff's.. New Orleans is in the 8th seed and will be when playoff's start..

tmtcsc
04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Ok, Im definitely in the minority here but IF we were to play Memphis in round 1, I think we'd sweep them. They had a nice run, have improved and Randolph is a stud but the playoffs are a different beast. They don't have the experience to hang with us and would get blasted when our play is elevated.

Secondly, they aren't going to be our problem. We are going to play New Orleans. They are circling the drain.

tmtcsc
04-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Sheridan's an idiot.

...Not because he thinks Memphis would be tougher than Indy - they clearly are. He's an idiot because it's been scientifically proven that Knicks' semen destroys brain cells.

LOL ! Good one.

lefty
04-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Isn't Rudy Gay injured ?