PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith and Alanis are both PREGAME

Kori Ellis
06-06-2005, 01:40 PM
ORK, June 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Legendary performer Stevie Wonder, recording artist and Hollywood superstar Will Smith, and multi-platinum selling artists Alanis Morissette and Kelly Clarkson will headline the pregame performances at The Finals. This is the first time all the musical performances for The Finals will be featured during pregame activities.

The Finals begin Thursday, June 9 on ABC with coverage of Game 1 beginning at 8:30 p.m. (ET). All performances will be televised by ABC in the U.S. and to more than 205 countries.

Following is the lineup of pregame performances for The Finals:

Game 1 - Thursday, June 9 at 8:30 p.m. (ET)
Smith will tip off The Finals musical lineup prior to Game 1 on Thursday, June 9 as he performs his hit single "Switch" from his recently released album LOST AND FOUND, followed by player introductions. Morissette, whose studio,acoustic song-for-song rendering of JAGGED LITTLE PILL ACOUSTIC is set for release June 13, six days after Alanis launches the "JAGGED LITTLE PILL ACOUSTIC TOUR," will then sing the U.S. national anthem, her first televised performance of the anthem since becoming an American citizen earlier this year.

Game 2 - Sunday, June 12 at 8:30 p.m. (ET)
ABC's Game 2 coverage on Sunday, June 12 will feature Clarkson singing the U.S. national anthem via satellite from the Persian Gulf where she is currently taking part in a USO tour with NBA Legends to pay tribute to the men and women of the U.S. and coalition armed forces. Her performance will include appearances by Legends Artis Gilmore, Gail Goodrich, Spencer Haywood and Dan Roundfield.

Clarkson's second multi-platinum album, BREAKAWAY, is a top 10 staple on the charts and features such #1 hits as "Breakaway," "Since U Been Gone" and her current single, "Behind These Hazel Eyes." She will launch "THE HAZEL EYES TOUR" sponsored by Schick Intuition on July 6 in Lubbock, TX.

Game 3 - Tuesday, June 14 at 8:30 p.m. (ET)
For Game 3 on Tuesday, June 14, Wonder will perform both the U.S. national anthem and his new single "So What The Fuss" from his highly anticipated album A TIME TO LOVE.

The Finals will tip off on Thursday, June 9 and will feature the San
Antonio Spurs and (Detroit Pistons/Miami Heat) competing for the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy. ABC Sports is the exclusive home of The Finals with Emmy Award-winning broadcasting Legend Al Michaels and basketball Hall-of-Famer Hubie Brown calling the action.

gospursgojas
06-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Kelly Clarkson from the Persian Gulf sounds cool

Kori Ellis
06-06-2005, 01:47 PM
I guess it's okay for Alanis to do the national anthem since she's a citizen now.

I wonder what the halftime show is?

gospursgojas
06-06-2005, 01:51 PM
I guess it's okay for Alanis to do the national anthem since she's a citizen now.

I wonder what the halftime show is?

Probally the same as always... Tim Legler and Gregg Anthony picking whoever is winning to win the series, and Stephen A. picking the Heat/Pistons to win, and if its the Heat about 10 minutes of analysis of how Snaq is doing.....

Gatita
06-06-2005, 01:53 PM
Kelly Clarkson... bah!

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2005, 01:58 PM
From my perspective, much, much better this time than Lisa Marie in 2003. I had to get up in the middle of that and go for a beer.

Spurminator
06-06-2005, 02:01 PM
Stevie Wonder, nice.

1Parker1
06-06-2005, 02:05 PM
They could have gotten better/more popular people....:( I'd love to have seen the black-eyed Peas. All these singers aren't really that exciting. Their music isn't exactly very hype and/or something that will make the viewers excited and jumpy.

Oh well, at least Will Smith is Hot. He looked good in Hitch :)

SouthernFried
06-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I think it's an excellent lineup. Stevie Wonder? Wow...

If you want "hype"...er...root for LA next year.

TNT21
06-06-2005, 02:08 PM
If the Heat make it to the Finals, I think they should have Shaq do pre-game and halftime entertainment, maybe that way he will be winded by the start of the 3rd Qtr.

TNT21
06-06-2005, 02:09 PM
He could perform Fu-Schnickens every game!

Summers
06-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I think halftime will be that chick with all the bowls. :lol

SLOVENIAN 8
06-06-2005, 02:15 PM
I cant wait that finals begin!!! We have live broadcasting :smokin can`t belive :lol

MannyIsGod
06-06-2005, 02:23 PM
bleh, fuck pre game and halftime shows.

hendrix
06-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Kelly Clarkson... bah!

Gatita, your sig pictures are awesome.

Sonia_TX
06-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm sad that Kelly won't be at the SBC Center to sing this...dang. :(

Sonia_TX
06-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I think halftime will be that chick with all the bowls. :lol

LOL! Oh man...how does she do that? Crazy.

Dex
06-06-2005, 03:22 PM
They should get that lady that kicks the dishes onto her head while riding a unicycle.

That shit is fantastic.

Gatita
06-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Gatita, your sig pictures are awesome.

Thanks! :)

Sonia_TX
06-06-2005, 03:39 PM
They should get that lady that kicks the dishes onto her head while riding a unicycle.

That shit is fantastic.

I think that is what Summers was talking about ^^.

Dex
06-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Damn. I'm ripping off her material, and I didn't even realize it.

My delivery was better, at least. :lol

Gatita
06-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Damn. I'm ripping off her material, and I didn't even realize it.

My delivery was better, at least. :lol

Sure sure. :lol

spur219
06-06-2005, 04:21 PM
I think Submersed should perform at halftime followed by Alter Bridge. Anyone with me?

Sense
06-06-2005, 04:23 PM
I hate both of them...

One has a problem finding a religion....and the other one can't rap.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-06-2005, 04:28 PM
So do they have anything planned in the event that the series goes past four games? I bet the talent level really starts to tale off as the series wears on. If this sucker goes seven we could very well see Styx dedicating a performance of "Mr. Roboto" to Tim Duncan.

SpursWoman
06-06-2005, 04:29 PM
At least it's not Lisa Marie again, or Ashlee Simpson. I don't think there could have been much worse. :fro

Shelly
06-06-2005, 04:32 PM
So do they have anything planned in the event that the series goes past four games? I bet the talent level really starts to tale off as the series wears on. If this sucker goes seven we could very well see Styx dedicating a performance of "Mr. Roboto" to Tim Duncan.

:lol

That would be awesome!

pooh
06-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Alanis and Will Smith...insert "I love the 90's" theme. I guess Wang Chung wasn't available or the Knack. Could've been worse, they could've had Thalia here.

JustSpurs
06-06-2005, 10:37 PM
From my perspective, much, much better this time than Lisa Marie in 2003. I had to get up in the middle of that and go for a beer.
Yeah, that was cigarette and beer break time for me too.

KewlKat00
06-06-2005, 11:15 PM
At least it's not Lisa Marie again, or Ashlee Simpson. I don't think there could have been much worse. :fro

so true. right after i think about the trojans [fight on!] winning in the orange bowl, i think of ashlee simpsons horrible performance. i just pray that she wont ruin another sporting event again...

Vashner
06-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Alanis is so lame she had to retread her 1 hit wonder album to acoustic?

Can't we get Eva to sing the Anthem instead??