PDA

View Full Version : Game Blog: Spurs @ Lakers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

thispego
04-12-2011, 12:15 AM
104-95 spurs

Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Juggity
04-12-2011, 12:56 AM
It would make my week if the Lakers went O&6.

If they don't, meh, Spurs still have Western conference HCA no matter what.

Nathan89
04-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Bukefal does the game blogs. He also provide info on the game within his post. This shit is not a game blog.

100%duncan
04-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Bukefal does the game blogs. He also provide info on the game within his post. This shit is not a game blog.

Anyone can start gblogs

Dex
04-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Splitter thread! :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

timtonymanu
04-12-2011, 01:32 AM

Don't even get thispego started.

phxspurfan
04-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Been planning around this game for a few days in anticipation...getting all the errands done. DMV trip...Wash birdcrap off car...Double gym workout the day before...Plenty of booze? Check and mate. GSG!

tdunk21
04-12-2011, 07:39 AM
so if lakers lose, they drop to 4th right?

Giuseppe
04-12-2011, 07:48 AM
I hope O & 6 Fest stands the gaffe.

Bukefal
04-12-2011, 08:20 AM

It doesn't matter who does the game blogs really. The shit about game blogs all the time. It's just a freakin thread on a forum.

But this is just thispedo wanting to prove something. He stayed up until late in the evening, one day before the game, just so I don't get to make it :lol It's pretty sad.

Because he apparently says that I am 'butthurt' over gameblogs and has something against me for some reason, but then again he has something against a lot of users on here and keeps acting like a piece of shit towards everyone.

But hey, if that's the highlight of his day and priority in his life, lol thats nice. Whatever makes his miserable life feel better :toast

benefactor
04-12-2011, 09:15 AM
I would be pleasantly surprised if the Spurs won this game. Lakers by double digits with Pop waving the white flag early in the 4th.

Giuseppe
04-12-2011, 09:27 AM
I would be pleasantly surprised if the Spurs won this game. Lakers by double digits with Pop waving the white flag early in the 4th.

I've almost always liked the cut of your jib, Bene.

thispego
04-12-2011, 09:37 AM

:lmao

thispego
04-12-2011, 09:38 AM
It doesn't matter who does the game blogs really. The shit about game blogs all the time. It's just a freakin thread on a forum.

But this is just thispedo wanting to prove something. He stayed up until late in the evening, one day before the game, just so I don't get to make it :lol It's pretty sad.

Because he apparently says that I am 'butthurt' over gameblogs and has something against me for some reason, but then again he has something against a lot of users on here and keeps acting like a piece of shit towards everyone.

But hey, if that's the highlight of his day and priority in his life, lol thats nice. Whatever makes his miserable life feel better :toast

I'm stunned that you feel this way.

Rummpd
04-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Spurs now have two reasons to try to win this game that are unreal:

1) Spurs can lock up at least a tie for 1st seed
2) Spurs win LAL may have to play 2nd round on the road

We live in interesting times!

Mal
04-12-2011, 09:43 AM

And Spurs` coach still is Pop, so everything can happend. But I asume that Duncan, Gino and Dice will sit this one out.

jag
04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Don't even get thispego started.

:lol

timaios
04-12-2011, 09:56 AM

Against the Spurs... not a good idea !

wontstartdumbthreads
04-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Wow. This game blog is very informative. I can't wait to stun my friends with all the tasty nuggets of information I've learned when we watch the game tonight.

Great thread!

Keep up the good work.

100%duncan
04-12-2011, 10:35 AM

lol @ rivalry , bukefal, dude, we all appreciate your efforts

Bukefal
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
lol @ rivalry , bukefal, dude, we all appreciate your efforts

rivalry? What rivalry? please read. Pedo has a problem with me, not the other way around :lol It's about a freakin thread, come on son

Reck
04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
rivalry? What rivalry? please read. Pedo has a problem with me, not the other way around :lol It's about a freakin thread, come on son

Aren't you going to post your usual info in here?

I rather see your blog but since he already did it, without any info at that. I'd like to see the usual ritual. lol

thispego
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
ROFL! uhhhhhh info? let's see, it's spurs @ lakers, game starts at 9:30pm central time, the game is Today 4/12/2011. what more you bitches want? :lmao

phxspurfan
04-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I was kinds hopin' for pics of tiny jerseys

Brazil
04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
this game blog thread sucks

MadDog73
04-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Here's a question:

Do we really want the Lakers to move down to 4th seed, and face them in the second round?

I'd much rather have the Lakers stay in 3rd place, and face them in the WCF.

Reck
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
ROFL! uhhhhhh info? let's see, it's spurs @ lakers, game starts at 9:30pm central time, the game is Today 4/12/2011. what more you bitches want? :lmao

If you're going to do something do it the right way you grand douche.

PBEEZY
04-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Shittest game blog ever brah

benefactor
04-12-2011, 12:59 PM

Shittest game blog ever brah
That's actually most of the game blogs...and it has nothing to do with who starts it and everything to do with the posters that post in it.

Texas_Ranger
04-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Lakers by 25. :rollin

duncan228
04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Pop still non-commital on lineup plans tonight. Won't be shocked if this game is left to the JV.

Mugen
04-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I would be very surprised if 2 out of the Big 3 played. I think Pop will rest Tim and Manu. No point in playing TP if you're resting the other guys.

Rust isn't a big issue if you're going to be playing NO in the first round, the most likely scenario.

duncan228
04-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Pop says coaches go back and forth "every 10 minutes" about who to play and who to sit tonight in LA.

Asked if race for overall best record would affect his thinking, Pop said: "No."

spursince#99
04-12-2011, 02:21 PM
dude is it that serious to start the damn game thread...could have let Bukeful started the shit...will never understand why you posters do the things you do...

phxspurfan
04-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Starters tonight: Hill/Neal/RJ/Blair/Splitter

No TD, Dice, Manu, Tony.

Unless Pop changes his mind again.

Wow wtf. Pop and Phil already playoff hustlin

Mel_13
04-12-2011, 02:24 PM

No TD, Dice, Manu, Tony.

I hope this is inside information and not speculation. It would be the right decision for this game.

Between the flagrant foul tendencies of Artest, Barnes, and Bynum and the "inadvertent" elbows thrown around by Kobe, there's no need to put our top 4 players at risk.

Play everyone tomorrow in Phoenix and take your chances with the coin flip.

Borosai
04-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Where's the blond chick?

Slydragon
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
What are some streaming sites that people go to for games? I'm stuck at work and want to watch the game. Pm me.

Mel_13
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Eh, it's inside info but Pop and the coaches were still going back and forth. My projected line up is what they're leaning towards.

thanks

duncan228
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Laker injury/illness updates: Steve Blake his chicken pox and will not play tonight. Barnes is a game-time decision b/c of sore right knee.

Mugen
04-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Chicken pox? How is it possible someone makes it to 30+ and doesn't get that.

i don't buy that Steve Blake is a day over 14.

ace3g
04-12-2011, 02:55 PM

No TD, Dice, Manu, Tony.

If that is the case, we get extended minutes of Splitter vs Gasol/Bynum

ajballer4
04-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Skip was on First Take saying how Spurs should play the starters, lock up HCA through Finals, and bury the Lakers while they are reeling. I was all for resting tonight, but he changed my mind

crc21209
04-12-2011, 03:23 PM
:lol Chicken Pox? WTF?!?!?

41times
04-12-2011, 03:34 PM
The Vegas line is Lakers by 7 points

Have they not watched the Lakeshow lately?

lefty
04-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Lakers by 45

thispego
04-12-2011, 03:51 PM

No TD, Dice, Manu, Tony.

That is fuckin stupid. Why go for the best record all season long togive yourself the best playoff position and then stop with two games to go? Makes no fucin sense. When it's spurs-bulls finals and we start the series in Chicago, pop will regret this call

thispego
04-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I was kinds hopin' for pics of tiny jerseys

:lmao

TE
04-12-2011, 03:54 PM
If we win, LA is probably not going to have home court advantage versus Dallas (or OKC if they win out) AND we will get home court.

If we lose, and LA wins, LA has home court advantage over the Mavs (or Thunder if things go that way), and we lose HCA to the Bulls.

Give me the win please.

thispego
04-12-2011, 03:54 PM
dude is it that serious to start the damn game thread...could have let Bukeful started the shit...will never understand why you posters do the things you do...

Is it really that serious for you to care that buttfuckall didn't start the thread? Perspective, bitch. Gain some.

Budkin
04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
I hope this is inside information and not speculation. It would be the right decision for this game.

Between the flagrant foul tendencies of Artest, Barnes, and Bynum and the "inadvertent" elbows thrown around by Kobe, there's no need to put our top 4 players at risk.

Play everyone tomorrow in Phoenix and take your chances with the coin flip.

I think the Bulls are going to lose another game... most likely tonight.

Budkin
04-12-2011, 04:10 PM

No TD, Dice, Manu, Tony.

Is this for real or just a guess. If so we're going to lose by at least 20. The Lakers need this game bad.

Tp9gospursgo
04-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I would love the Spurs to win this one but i don't see the Big Three playing huge minutes, but i think Pop knows how important it is to have home court throughout. Especially in the Finals. Even still, i say he plays the big 3 no more than 28-30 mins each. Tony maybe more.

crc21209
04-12-2011, 04:38 PM
That is fuckin stupid. Why go for the best record all season long togive yourself the best playoff position and then stop with two games to go? Makes no fucin sense. When it's spurs-bulls finals and we start the series in Chicago, pop will regret this call

Why would you risk injuring one of your top 3-4 players in the last meaningless games of the season?

Pauleta14
04-12-2011, 04:59 PM

agreed.

Bukefal, it's not too late to strart a new one! :ihit :lol

timaios
04-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Chicago could lose his game vs NY just before the Spurs/Lakers game.
If that's the case, a win against the Suns tomorrow and the Spurs have the best regular season record.

Pop could change his mind after the result of the Chicago/NY game.

toki9
04-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Actually, I'm eager to see how the Splits/Blair frontline does against the LA Towers...OK, I'm really just interested in seeing how Splits does against Bynum...

4>0rings
04-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Exactly, this is shit. I come here for time and channel and I see this?

BRs.Ganso
04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Another Bonner/Splitter thread! :lmao

silverblk mystix
04-12-2011, 05:37 PM
What if....

Pop decides to tank...not wanting to see the lakers slip to 4th and a possible 2nd round match-up...

Splitter & Bonner have major breakout games and the spurs win even against Pop's wishes...

Splitter is benched for the rest of the playoffs....

Bonner is given more minutes...

thispego
04-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Why would you risk injuring one of your top 3-4 players in the last meaningless games of the season?

It's not meaningless. Best record is still up for grabs.

thispego
04-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Exactly, this is shit. I come here for time and channel and I see this?

Oh I see, you want game blog for dummies. It's on TNT, second game of double header ya fuckin schmuck. :lol

Ditty
04-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Good decision if the starters rest. I want LA to win tonight in a very close game(like last years regular season lost to dallas) to give LA some kind of doubt, and to screw over cuban and the mavs for being dick heads for signing brewer plus I want them in thr 4th seed. I'm confident were deep enough to beat phoenix tommorow. I'm hoping for a bulls win if so the worst case sceniro would be a coin flip for the finals.

slick'81
04-12-2011, 05:54 PM
wouldnt surprise me to see pop sit the big three for the finale as well spurs might lose both by 50-60 lol

alchemist
04-12-2011, 05:58 PM
bending over for LA on a couple days rest.......turrrble Pop, just turrrrrble

crc21209
04-12-2011, 05:58 PM
It's not meaningless. Best record is still up for grabs.

Who cares. The Spurs wont make the Finals if one of the Big 3 gets hurt in one of these last 2 games. There's no guarantee either the Spurs or Bulls end up in the Finals together anyway. They have the West locked up, that's good enough.

Kool Bob Love
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM
What the fuck? Man where are the pics and qoutes???

I dont care if POP plays them to win or not just dont get Hurt!!!
GSG!

slick'81
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Who cares. The Spurs wont make the Finals if one of the Big 3 gets hurt in one of these last 2 games. There's no guarantee either the Spurs or Bulls end up in the Finals together anyway. They have the West locked up, that's good enough.

agreed not worth a tweak to timmys ankle or a ginobili hard fall. take the #1 seed in the west get the big three plenty rested and see what happens

tdunk21
04-12-2011, 06:13 PM
agreed not worth a tweak to timmys ankle or a ginobili hard fall. take the #1 seed in the west get the big three plenty rested and see what happens

good sig......

itsamanuthree
04-12-2011, 06:29 PM
vbookie would have been interesting with so much noise before the game

4>0rings
04-12-2011, 06:53 PM
uh thispego could you please edit your first post to include the time and channel so people don't have to read anything

thanks
Exactly, finnally someone gets it. Now go fucking do it.

Budkin
04-12-2011, 06:54 PM
who would own the tiebreaker between Chicago and SA if they ended up with the same regular season record and met in the finals?

Coin toss... literally.

TampaDude
04-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Hopefully the Knicks will beat the Bulls and Pop can tank the LA game and beat the Suns to clinch HCA over Chicago.

That said, I think Miami will win the ECF, anyway.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2011, 07:30 PM
I don't see the point of playing the big 3 in this game..

- Another day of rest, instead of playing a physical game vs. LA, when your potential opponent in 4 or 5 days is a very physical Memphis team..

- Lakers are a dirty team, there's always the possibility of a flagrant from Bynum or Barnes..

- Why risk having the Lakers at the 4 spot and in the Spurs bracket?..Spurs might eventually have to face the Lakers, but I don't buy the "don't fear" talk..if you can avoid LA and rely on somebody else to beat them, do it..

- HCA is up for grabs, but if the Spurs play seriously and still lose, it's a confidence hit IMO..if the Spurs can make it all the way to the Finals, it means that the role players stepped up and did a good job in the other series', meaning they more than likely won't be affected on the road in the Finals..

If guys like Hill, Neal, Bonner, Blair(and whoever else) played well enough to beat teams like OKC, Dallas and LA in the playoffs, which leads to the Finals, then I'm sure they would be fine on the road, in the Finals..

DesignatedT
04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
If Chicago would just lose a game or 2 then it would make this decision a lot easier.

Splits
04-12-2011, 07:56 PM
If Chicago would just lose a game or 2 then it would make this decision a lot easier.

Spurs will know before tipoff if tonight is the night! Nice to see NYK up 9 in the 2nd. They're looking to sweep the Bulls 0-3 this season if they can close it out. Funny how they lost 3 to the Cavs...

xtremesteven33
04-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Spurs need to rest the Big 3. Lakers are pissed off as of late and would look to destroy the Spurs tonight. Fuck the Lakers. We earned our top spot and deserve the night off. Also if we somehow make it a tough game for them I would chalk it up as a moral victory for the unproven players on the Spurs.

This could be Splitters break out game. If he can show that he can bang with the Lakers bigs then that would be amazing for the team. Splitter needs to go out and play balls to the wall. Neal, Hill and Bonner also need to go out and make a statement. The Lakers are expecting them to roll over and die. Fuck the Lakers...

timtonymanu
04-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Spurs need to rest the Big 3. Lakers are pissed off as of late and would look to destroy the Spurs tonight. Fuck the Lakers. We earned our top spot and deserve the night off. Also if we somehow make it a tough game for them I would chalk it up as a moral victory for the unproven players on the Spurs.

This could be Splitters break out game. If he can show that he can bang with the Lakers bigs then that would be amazing for the team. Splitter needs to go out and play balls to the wall. Neal, Hill and Bonner also need to go out and make a statement. The Lakers are expecting them to roll over and die. Fuck the Lakers...

This

We're gonna need all these guys to play well in the playoffs. I expect us to lose this game but hopefully our role players at least make it interesting if the Big 3 are really taking the night off. I think playing this game against the Lakers should help our bench's confidence.

duncan228
04-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Doesn't always mean anything, but no game jerseys hanging in lockers for duncan, parker, manu, mcdyess at staples center.

ajballer4
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Interesting....

Budkin
04-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Come on Knicks!

Mr Fundamental
04-12-2011, 08:38 PM
No Duncan, Parker, Manu tonight.

lurker
04-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Dammit, Spurs. I can't count on you for anything. :depressed

duncan228
04-12-2011, 08:40 PM
spurs starters: hill, neal, rj, blair, splitter. expect regulars to return in PHX.

LakerHater
04-12-2011, 08:42 PM
@JMcDonald_SAEN: spurs starters: hill, neal, rj, blair, splitter. expect regulars to return in PHX.

At least Splitter will get playing time!

4>0rings
04-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Your time to shine Splitter, make it count!

chazley
04-12-2011, 08:47 PM
I love watching these games, personally. This will test our guys big time. only 3 bigs playing too, so you know Splitter is getting a ton of run.

Splits
04-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Wow. Resting all starters except RJ, even Tony. I would love to see us keep this competitive tonight.

Mr Fundamental
04-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Hope Splitter won't take early fouls on Gasol and Bynum and play over 30 min.

This will be a great experience for him to use @ playoffs.

Em-City
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
breakout game for splitter !!!!!!

fingers x'ed

Budkin
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
If the Knicks win we'll beat Phoenix tomorrow and take HCA. If not we'll beat them anyway and rely on the power of the coin.

Dex
04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Splitter thread! :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Splits
04-12-2011, 08:53 PM
breakout game for splitter !!!!!!

fingers x'ed

Splitter is in a no-win situation. What, are we going to run a 3-big rotation with him and Blair starting, and Bonner coming off the bench? Who's going to weak-side rebound and help? Novak? Greene? RJ?

This is going to be a slaughter.

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm concerned about this game for Splitter..as we've seen since Duncan got hurt, Splitter can play 10 good games, but for every 1 bad stretch, he'll be benched and never seen again for a few weeks after..

Not looking forward to seeing how the refs treat him @ LA, especially against Bynum, since he's one of the most ref-assisted players in the league..

When Duncan is going up against top frontlines all by himself, that's one thing..Splitter? tough situation, but at least he'll finally get PT, I suppose..

alchemist
04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
why did Pop pussy out? especially since he'll play the starters tomorrow.

timtonymanu
04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Damn Knicks. You need to help us out.

Ghazi
04-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Spurs are pussies

Splits
04-12-2011, 08:56 PM
If the Knicks win we'll beat Phoenix tomorrow and take HCA. If not we'll beat them anyway and rely on the power of the coin.

CHI is on a 24-2 run in the 3rd and up by 19. HCA is a tie-break at best if we meet them in the Finals.

itsamanuthree
04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
knicks are sinking

Budkin
04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Even though we're gonna get crushed it should be fun to see the bench play heavy minutes.

Budkin
04-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Ugh, fuck you Knicks.

Budkin
04-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Spurs are pussies

Mavfan calling us pussies... the irony.:lol

TD 21
I don't see the point of playing the big 3 in this game..

- Another day of rest, instead of playing a physical game vs. LA, when your potential opponent in 4 or 5 days is a very physical Memphis team..

- Lakers are a dirty team, there's always the possibility of a flagrant from Bynum or Barnes..

- Why risk having the Lakers at the 4 spot and in the Spurs bracket?..Spurs might eventually have to face the Lakers, but I don't buy the "don't fear" talk..if you can avoid LA and rely on somebody else to beat them, do it..

- HCA is up for grabs, but if the Spurs play seriously and still lose, it's a confidence hit IMO..if the Spurs can make it all the way to the Finals, it means that the role players stepped up and did a good job in the other series', meaning they more than likely won't be affected on the road in the Finals..

If guys like Hill, Neal, Bonner, Blair(and whoever else) played well enough to beat teams like OKC, Dallas and LA in the playoffs, which leads to the Finals, then I'm sure they would be fine on the road, in the Finals..

These guys are already rested. I'd rather they play tonight than risk not having home court in the Finals. If this team loses game seven on the Bulls home floor, this decision will haunt them forever. No, there's no guarantee they win tonight even if they play the big three and McDyess, but not even giving themselves a chance?

What difference does it make when the Spurs play the Lakers? The reality is, the Mavs are more than likely their second round opponent. They have no shot at beating the Lakers, which means the Spurs will have to be the ones to do it (unless the Thunder take out the Spurs) anyway.

How is this not a confidence hit? It's another sign that they're scared of the Lakers. It's clear they don't believe they can beat them in this game, so they're not even going to try, so as to avoid the possible confidence hit/embarrassment they'd get from losing (and potentially losing big) again.

Home court in the Finals is huge, because of the format. Unless you're playing a joke team ('06 Mavs) or a dysfunctional team ('04 Lakers), the team with home court almost always wins. The problem with not having it is you need to win two on the road, because the likelihood of sweeping the middle three at home is highly unlikely.

itsamanuthree
Without the big three, how many men will the roation have?

Splits
Rebounding prediction: Lakers 50, Spurs 12

Ghazi
04-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Mavfan calling us pussies... the irony.:lol

u mad? :lmao

itsamanuthree
04-12-2011, 09:02 PM
shut up pussytroll

Cane
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Tbh at least the big 3 won't get god damn chicken pox since it might've infected Bynum and the rest of the Lakers who practiced with Blake.

Splits
04-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Vegas line: Spurs +11.5

DesignatedT
04-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Once Phila posted the starters were out I loaded up on LA - 6.5. Now it's up to 11.5 :lol

Fireball
04-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Zach Randolph does not play for Memphis tonight ... Grizzlies want to be #8 seed

Ghazi
04-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Mad at no rings, the two seed, and doing nothing in the playoffs since 2006?

:rolleyes

DesignatedT
04-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Memphis tanking tonight.... No Randolph, No Allen.

Budkin
04-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Knicks back within 11 at end of 3rd.

Reck
04-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Well that kinds of defeat the purpose of watching the game.

You know it will be a blow out. Save myself 2.5 hours.

DesignatedT
04-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Is that good?

yes, i hope.

ajballer4
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Knicks within 8 now

ManuBalboa
04-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Fuk this. Looks like Mem is tanking to get us in 1st :(

Budkin
Knicks only down by 6 now! Almost the whole quarter left.

Budkin
Fuk this. Looks like Mem is tanking to get us in 1st :(

They weren't going to beat Portland at home anyway and they play the Clippers tomorrow.

007nites
04-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Douglas!

007nites
04-12-2011, 09:18 PM
within 7

DesignatedT
04-12-2011, 09:19 PM
They weren't going to beat Portland at home anyway and they play the Clippers tomorrow.

Portland has lost 11 games at home. They aren't untouchable there. Plus, Memphis had a real shot at the 6 seed with a W.

Now they are going to accept the 7 seed and play the lakers? Or throw the Clippers game and play the Spurs?

Those are there only two options now.

Fireball
04-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Memphis still looks good without Randolph and Allen ... but the bench will be too short against the Blazers ... shit

duncan228
04-12-2011, 09:25 PM

Pretty sure I saw TNT trucks peeling out of the Staples Center parking lot after Pop announced his starting lineup.

itsamanuthree
04-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Memphis still looks good without Randolph and Allen ... but the bench will be too short against the Blazers ... shit
Yeah, they'd definitely be a tough match up.

Fireball
04-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Mayo doing the 3-goggles in Portland ...

Fireball
04-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, they'd definitely be a tough match up.

I'd even rather play the Blazers because Memphis just hurts us phyically ...

Solid D
04-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Yeh, Jefferson is the only regular starter. Good ole Pop.

ajballer4
04-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Longest Game Thread ever before the game actually starts?

itsamanuthree
04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
I'd even rather play the Blazers because Memphis just hurts us phyically ...

Pretty tough choice

Ginobili2Duncan
04-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm very disappointed in Popovich's decision; this team could've sent a message to the Lakers after the way the Spurs were thrown down a flight of stairs in the last meeting. After all, the Lakers have rarely if ever, passed up any opportunity to send a message to the Spurs.

But this goes beyond that, Popovich is doing the Lakers a favor by throwing this game. Now, they are assured no worse than a 3 seed and will most likely face Dallas in the second round. Dallas has no chance against LA, so you think LA wouldn't mind seeing them?

If LA lost tonight and tomorrow night they would've dropped to the 4 seed and a first round date with the Nuggets, a team LA wants no part of. I know depending on Sacramento is foolish, but there was a chance. The Spurs have just made the road to LA that much more difficult.

What they are looking at now is a potential first-round match-up with Memphis followed by a second-round match-up with Oklahoma City. How much will the Spurs have left in the tank after those tough, grueling and physical playoff series. All of this while the Lakers drill the Mavs in the second-round with no resistance.

Like I said last night, facing the Lakers in the second round is a much more ideal situation as opposed to facing them in the WCF after a series with OKC.

Creation88
04-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Pop doesn't give a shit what you or anyone outside the team thinks, wrong decision or not.

Fireball
04-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Pretty tough choice

thats why we want New Orleans :lol

TD 21
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm very disappointed in Popovich's decision; this team could've sent a message to the Lakers after the way the Spurs were thrown down a flight of stairs in the last meeting. After all, the Lakers have rarely if ever, passed up any opportunity to send a message to the Spurs.

But this goes beyond that, Popovich is doing the Lakers a favor by throwing this game. Now, they are assured no worse than a 3 seed and will most likely face Dallas in the second round. Dallas has no chance against LA, so you think LA wouldn't mind seeing them?

If LA lost tonight and tomorrow night they would've dropped to the 4 seed and a first round date with the Nuggets, a team LA wants no part of. I know depending on Sacramento is foolish, but there was a chance. The Spurs have just made the road to LA that much more difficult.

What they are looking at now is a potential first-round match-up with Memphis followed by a second-round match-up with Oklahoma City. How much will the Spurs have left in the tank after those tough, grueling and physical playoff series. All of this while the Lakers drill the Mavs in the second-round with no resistance.

Like I said last night, facing the Lakers in the second round is a much more ideal situation as opposed to facing them in the WCF after a series with OKC.

Excellent post.

Unfortunately, this coach is terrified of the Lakers and clearly thinks his team has a fragile psyche.

Em-City
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
if our bench beat this team, then the lakers will really be worried.

Lakers have lost to teams worse than our bench this season, so i wouldn't rule it out

DesignatedT
04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
gary neal for 30 tonight

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Weren't beating the Lakers anyway. Might as well keep your players confidence high lol

Em-City
04-12-2011, 09:42 PM
gary neal for 30 tonight

george hill triple double

Juggity
04-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Fucking pop. Come on, dawg, throw us a bone.

Creation88
04-12-2011, 09:44 PM
watch us win.

MaNu4Tres
Be ready for the Neal and Hill black hole show.

Sean Cagney
Weren't beating the Lakers anyway. Might as well keep your players confidence high lol

Yeah, but did your team not just lose by 28 to them? :lol:lol

Fireball
Got a bad sense Tiago will get in foul trouble early ... he will also have a hard time on offense without Manu or Tony assisting him ... lets see

Holden_Caulfield
is butler gonna be active?!?!

Juggity
04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
is butler gonna be active?!?!
Inactive

Spurs: Butler, Duncan, Ginobili
Lakers: Caracter, Ebanks

Butler is still recovering or something I think

Dex
Any team that wants to tank to get us is signing their own death certificate. Bring 'em on.

GinobiliForTres

lol butthurt mavs fan talking shit

MaNu4Tres
04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Over or Under-- Hill and Neal combined 35 shot attempts?

Over or Under-- Hill and Neal combined 6 assists?

Ginobili2Duncan
04-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Excellent post.

Unfortunately, this coach is terrified of the Lakers and clearly thinks his team has a fragile psyche.

It sure seems that way. The thing is though is no one beats someone they that are afraid of. So this sort of attitude that Pop has toward the Lakers is troubling.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-12-2011, 09:50 PM
holy shit tiago with the start !!! yeah bitch

Libri
04-12-2011, 09:51 PM
george hill triple double

Bonner quadruple double :p:

tdunk21
04-12-2011, 09:51 PM
damn..every starter except rj sitting

MI21
04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
lol Splitter post D on Bynum and interior basket. Fuck you Pop.

(soft shit on the floater that Bynum blocked though...)

GinobiliForTres
Bonner quadruple double :p:

Turnovers and missed shots don't count.

The Truth #6
Hilarious that Bonner is not starting, like he's some reliable veteran. But I'll take it. A lot of people are crying that Pop is afraid of Phil, but to me this is good experience for our bench, because to me, our bench, not our Big 3 will be he difference for the team in the playoffs.

ace3g
04-12-2011, 09:54 PM
hook shot pass then neal with it, lol

BoricuaCJA
04-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Splitter playing well so far other than his soft ass hook shot.

Libri
Turnovers and missed shots don't count.

007nites
Showbee is going to get all the calls

MI21
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Jefferson looks just terrible. Very slow and no elevation.

Juggity
Wow terrible turnover

MI21
and again for RJ, going up soft around Bynum will never get it done..

lol Splitter hook

timtonymanu
04-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Hill and RJ doing nothing out there.

TDfan2007
04-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Splitter's post game is trash. That hook shot is a bulemic person's dream.

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-12-2011, 09:58 PM
LOL Spurs
LOL Tito splitner
LOL scared of LA

LakerHater
Settling for jumpers & looking like crap!!

7-0 run for LA!

PublicOption
7AHvzskE6NQ

ricketts
wtf is this shit. play the damn game with your best players. if they get hurt they get hurt. thats part of the game. this is a weak ass move by pop. lil pissed about it

timtonymanu
04-12-2011, 09:59 PM
fag its jefferson he is trash ..... that fag just stands around

uhhh yeah thanks for just repeating what i just said.

Juggity
We've missed 5 shots in a row here, gotta step it up. Lakers want this game, but they don't look unbeatable at all.

Splits
Why is Hill so fucking passive? Dude gives the ball up in the halfcourt and just sits in the corner. RJ bricking per usual. Lakers chucking shit and still up 5. I wonder if we break 60 pts?

007nites
Splitter needs to step it up. He can't just be throwing up that weak shit on Bynum and Gasol.

Fireball
04-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Lakers take the lead after finally getting the ball to Gasol after the first minutes ... surprise

MI21
04-12-2011, 10:01 PM
It disgusts me that Derek Fisher can outplay George Hill.

Bill_Brasky
04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Bonner in against Gasol.

This might get ugly if we don't hit a bunch of 3s.

eightG4
04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
wtf is this shit. play the damn game with your best players. if they get hurt they get hurt. thats part of the game. this is a weak ass move by pop. lil pissed about it

If a Laker s player injured you will not says that!

MI21
04-12-2011, 10:03 PM
lol @ Reggies quote just now.

Pops bench rotation for the PO's - Neal, Hill and maybe Bonner, that's it.

There is no maybe, Bonner will be out there.

MI21
04-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Splitter makes good position but he just really struggles to finish against NBA length. Sigh.

Juggity
...Splitter's game doesn't look too great tonight

TDfan2007
Splitter is not playoff ready. His game isn't NBA ready.

Death In June
And pop gives up home court just like that...would've been nice to see the big three play 20 or so minutes.

tmtcsc
04-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Splitter's post game is trash. That hook shot is a bulemic person's dream.

You give him too much credit. A bulemic person wouldn't want that shot.

007nites
I like how they are feeding the ball to Tiago like he's Wilt Chamberlain.

Juggity
Quickly heading towards a blowout here.

Fireball
Bynum has not scored nor had an offensive rebound ... Splitter does good

tmtcsc
Anyhoo, this will be an early night for me. This things worthless. I hope Memphis wins.

Capt Bringdown
04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Hill just awful

Bill_Brasky
04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Reggie is sucking so much Laker cock right now.

ezau
04-12-2011, 10:07 PM
The Lakers don't look unbeatable at all. Then again, I support POP for sitting out the Big Three and giving them the rest that they need for the playoffs.

MI21
04-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Lol Bynum in key for 6 seconds.

Chomag
04-12-2011, 10:09 PM
LAL front line abusing Bonner. No surprise there though

007nites
Bynum is not 7 foot. He is 7 foot 1.

Crookshanks
Lakers need this win far more than the Spurs. And if they do win - it's not a big deal because Pop sat our big 3. Although it would've been nice to have had the best record in the NBA.

James210
Lol Bynum in key for 6 seconds.

Did I miss something ?? I thought Bynum gets 10 secs in the lane ?

Death In June
Could've sent LA to a portland first round matchup. But I guess tanking is one way to go.

Juggity
I hope if this game gets close in the 4th, Pop has the good sense to play Parker

MI21
04-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Did I miss something ?? I thought Bynum gets 10 secs in the lane ?

Apologies, you are right.

MI21
04-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Beastly by Blair.. more of that please. Quick moves.

c whata11
lol walton guarding rj

ricketts
If a Laker s player injured you will not says that!

yes.... i would sayS that. who the fuck wants to watch the spurs bench get posterized? i want them to win another championship as much as the next spursfan but i hate this BS. no matter what team pulls it.

LakerHater
Dunno if I could watch this!!!

Juggity
Bynum airball :lol

MI21
04-12-2011, 10:12 PM
That was a horrible call. Fishers hands out in front, still moving.

Fucking faggot.

007nites
04-12-2011, 10:12 PM
wow Blair just abused Gasol on that post play.

timtonymanu
04-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Anderson is playing some good D. Once he gets his shot back, he's gonna be great for us next season.

Fireball
Fisher is moving ... fuck it

Budkin
Nice move by Anderson... too bad he missed.

Bill_Brasky
BS call against Green.

At least they called it consistently the other way.

Impressed with Anderson's defense.

Butterfingers Gasol bailed out.

Brazil
thats some ugly bb

LAL 1:15
Offensive Foul turnover on Shannon BrownLAL 1:15
Offensive foul on Shannon BrownSA 1:23
Lost ball turnover on DeJuan Blair, Stolen by Shannon BrownSA 1:28
Defensive Rebound by George HillLAL 1:30
Lamar Odom missed Jump ShotSA 1:44
Offensive Foul turnover on Danny GreenLAL 1:15
Offensive Foul turnover on Shannon BrownLAL 1:15
Offensive foul on Shannon BrownSA 1:23
Lost ball turnover on DeJuan Blair, Stolen by Shannon BrownSA 1:28
Defensive Rebound by George HillLAL 1:30
Lamar Odom missed Jump ShotSA 1:44
Offensive Foul turnover on Danny Green

MI21
Gasol loses ball going up doesn't even go his patented verbal flop and still gets the call. Smh.

MI21
04-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Bonner if you aren't going to shoot that open 3, fuck off. Don't even consider taking Lamar Odom off the dribble.

Budkin
Good looks but brick city.

Brazil
don't know if I continue to watch

timtonymanu
04-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Sometimes I think Danny Green is Garrett Temple.

Brazil
LAL 1.0
Defensive Rebound by Pau GasolSA 5.0
Danny Green missed 3-pt. Jump ShotSA 25.0
Defensive Rebound by DeJuan BlairLAL 29.0
Luke Walton missed 3-pt. Jump ShotLAL 35.0
Defensive Rebound by Derek FisherSA 40.0
James Anderson missed Jump Shot

007nites
Can't get any open shots.

Texas_Ranger
I'll rather watch Mamphis and Portland, that game looks interesting.

Brazil
miss
rebound
to
miss
rebound
miss
to

timtonymanu
04-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Oh and watch ESPN talk this Laker win up like it was a domination.

LakerHater
Need someone to grow some balls & attack the rim!!!

James210
Lmao at Reggie saying that Phil should be pleased. Of what ? Playing sloppy as he'll against the San Antonio water boys ?

Juggity

Yep, this game is a loss by design. Disappointing, but I guess in the grand scheme of the playoffs, it does make sense to let this one go.

Fireball

I have to get up in two hours anyway and would not find sleep now ... so I'm going to continue watching this ...

timtonymanu
I'll rather watch Mamphis and Portland, that game looks interesting.

Luckily I live in Portland. I can switch between the two channels.

Capt Bringdown
RJ, Blair, Green, Quinn & Anderson: perhaps the worst lineup ever.
I don't know what anyone sees in Anderson.

007nites
Lakers aren't playing the best yet were only down by 9 still. Expect showbee to put this game away in the 2nd for good.

Dex
04-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Oh and watch ESPN talk this Laker win up like it was a domination.

Cut 'em a break. Spurs didn't give them much to work with for entertainment value tonight. :lol

Fireball
04-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Hill has 4/3/3 ... so lets go for the triple double

Juggity
04-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Nice J by Green there. More of those, plz

Budkin
Quinn to Blair!!

CFH
Quinn to Blair oop

Libri
04-12-2011, 10:20 PM
very nice catch and layup by Blair

Budkin
04-12-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't know how Blair was able to get that in he was moving so fast.

lefty
04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Spurs' 2nd unit leading 19-24

TE
To be down by 5 is literally a win for the Spurs. How the fuck can this line up still be in the game?? lol

arles
Maybe Pop does this on purpose to screw TNT :lmao

Fireball
Dejuan Blair ... how did you mak that one ... *clap*

Brazil
I have to get up in two hours anyway and would not find sleep now ... so I'm going to continue watching this ...

i truly think port / grizz is more interesting tbh

007nites
Blair wide receiving

Fireball
04-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Maybe Pop does this on purpose to screw TNT :lmao

Good thing ... I rarely see something good for the Spurs when they play on TNT

Brazil
04-12-2011, 10:22 PM
both team shooting around 35%

007nites
04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
If the Laker starters play a lot more than 30 minutes each tonight than this game is a win for us.

Fireball
04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Basketball is a weird thing .. how can the Lakers come to SA and beat the shit out of our starters and now in L.A. they are playing mediocre basketball against iur subs

Tp9gospursgo
Our bench is playing pretty well. as long as we keep it close I will be happy.

Budkin
:lol only down 3

Juggity
I like Blair's hustle tonight! I'm impressed

Brazil
the lakers seem to be lost playing against the big towers blair / rj :lmao

Budkin
Wow these guys are kicking ass!