PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Hornets "FANtastic Finale" attendance

fevertrees
04-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Loved seeing all of the players talk about how New Orleans has the most supportive and diehard fans......all in front of 12,558 of them! :lol

I don't see this joke of a city selling out ANY first round games unless the Hornets end up going against the Lakers. :downspin:

Giuseppe
04-12-2011, 08:43 AM
There were empty seats all over the place last night. Even where one would never expect them.

Xevious
04-12-2011, 08:46 AM
If they stay in the 8 spot, It would probably be cheaper for me to drive to New Orleans and go to a game there than trying to get tickets here. :lol

fevertrees
04-12-2011, 08:54 AM
If they stay in the 8 spot, It would probably be cheaper for me to drive to New Orleans and go to a game there than trying to get tickets here. :lol

There will be plenty of great seats available if the Hornets go against the Spurs. I try to hate on Chris Paul's lack of effort now, but then again WHY give out 100% for such a shitty fanbase lol.

ElNono
04-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Congrats to Hornetfan for beating Phoenix last Friday, what's most likely going to end up being their last win of this season... :tu

Pelicans78
04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Casual fans don't want to spend money on a mediocre team. They know this team isn't going anywhere and know CP3 isn't a superstar worth spending on. Smart fans.

DJ Mbenga
04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
at least br hornet has no problem finding seats

LnGrrrR
04-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Dang, I wish I still lived in Biloxi sometimes, I wouldn't mind going to a playoff game.

BRHornet45
04-12-2011, 01:58 PM
sons the problem is plain and simple ... people in Louisiana are dirt cheap and want something for nothing. This is not to say that everyone living here is that way, but the overwhelming majority are and most of the time its those who actually make legit money that tend to be the cheapest. For those of you that remember, I have copy and pasted many different Hornets fans ignorant and ridiculous comments about ticket prices, cost to go to a games, etc. on this board before. I actually saw one post of a guy complaining that the "$10 balcony seats are too expensive considering you have to pay $9 per beer at the concession stand" lol .... The simple fact is that there is only a very small portion of people in the general area of New Orleans who will actually dish out a little bit of money to support the team. The rest are either living off of the government or have no interest in sports whatsoever. Other areas like Baton Rouge, Lafayette, etc. have plenty of people who could also help support the team and they do, but you're talking about a 2+ hour drive to N.O. each time so obviously those people can't make every single game of the year.

Regardless however even with all of that said and considering that New Orleans is the smallest and poorest market in the NBA, the Hornets attendance is still not near the worst in the league. Their attendance this season has been better than Philadelphia, Memphis, New Jersey, Indiana, and Sacramento all of which are larger markets and three of which are playoff teams as well.

Pelicans78
04-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Casual fans aren't going to easily support this team considering the Game 7 choke job against the Spurs, followed up by 121-63, and then Paul not living up to his standards. He's not a legit superstar anymore and the city doesn't care for the CP3/West era. 2008 was the peak. Time to start over.

Plus, are there enough people in New Orleans who can afford the games on a nightly basis? Seems like alot of the attendance comes from Baton Rouge.

Darth_Pelican
04-12-2011, 02:54 PM
This is an example of how desperate the Hornets ticket office is to reach their goals for next year:

My brother was offered 2 FREE season tickets if he renewed his season tickets for next year. So he is giving me the 2 free season tickets for next year :lol. So basically, 4 season tickets for the price of 2.

Ashy Larry
04-12-2011, 02:55 PM
only reason to ever go to New Orleans is for Mardi Gras and the food ...... move that shitty team to, well, Santa Ana needs a team since Anaheim has one.......

fevertrees
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
This is an example of how desperate the Hornets ticket office is to reach their goals for next year:

My brother was offered 2 FREE season tickets if he renewed his season tickets for next year. So he is giving me the 2 free season tickets for next year :lol. So basically, 4 season tickets for the price of 2.

I'm about to put my account manager on BLAST and ask why I wasn't given FREE season tickets along with my renewals!

crc21209
04-12-2011, 03:28 PM
:lol Wow...some support....