PDA

View Full Version : OKC is going to eliminate either the Spurs or Lakers (maybe both)in the 2011 playoffs

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2011, 12:15 PM
I'd be willing to bet $100 on this with any reputable poster (preferably a Spurs or Lakers fan since those are the participating teams). We can do this through paypal and I would like Kori to act as mediator (if she'd be up for it).

Anybody want that action?

ducks
04-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I bet if they played the spurs they would not

the lakers I think they can beat them

41times
04-12-2011, 01:14 PM
If OKC finishes 3rd the Mavs 2nd, the Mavs will eliminated them in the 2nd round. book it.

I Heart Ginobili
04-12-2011, 01:16 PM
If OKC finishes 3rd the Mavs 2nd, the Mavs will eliminated them in the 2nd round. book it.

I'll take this bet.

TheSpurglar
04-12-2011, 01:32 PM
If the bet was "The Oklahoma City Thunder will go to the NBA Finals" I'd be willing to take it because I don't think they'll make it this year. But I don't like the odds of the "either/or" bet.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
I'd be willing to bet $100 on this with any reputable poster (preferably a Spurs or Lakers fan since those are the participating teams). We can do this through paypal and I would like Kori to act as mediator (if she'd be up for it).

Anybody want that action?

I'll take this bet also.

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I'll take this bet also.

Just to clarify, the terms are simply this: I'm betting $100 that OKC will knock out either the Lakers or the Spurs. Not necessarily both, but at least one of those two teams in this years playoffs. That's the bet if you want it.

Jimcs50
04-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Just to clarify, the terms are simply this: I'm betting $100 that OKC will knock out either the Lakers or the Spurs. Not necessarily both, but at least one of those two teams in this years playoffs. That's the bet if you want it.

This depends on seeding.

If Ok City is in 4th seed, I'll take bet, if in 3 seed, where they play both teams, then no.

Ask me on Thursday

ZB 512
04-12-2011, 02:01 PM
OKC has never won a playoff series (I think Perkins is the only player on their roster who has won a playoff series), and Denver could be a tough out

ill let them beat Denver and at least win a series before I crown their ***es

tdunk21
04-12-2011, 02:31 PM
any reason a laker fan is willing to bet against his team?

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
any reason a laker fan is willing to bet against his team?

I just feel that OKC will beat either the Spurs or Lakers (maybe both, but definitely one of them).

spursince#99
04-12-2011, 02:35 PM
the OP is dumb...Please lock this thread Kori...

elbamba
04-12-2011, 03:13 PM
so who wins the bet if OKC doesn't play either of them? Do you automatically lose?

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2011, 03:18 PM
so who wins the bet if OKC doesn't play either of them? Do you automatically lose?

That would be a rare scenario, but I think this would be a fair solution:

If OKC doesn't play either of them b/c they got bounced by another team, then I lose. If OKC manages to win the West w/o having to play either LA or SA (extremely unlikely), then I should win.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-12-2011, 03:21 PM

In general, I think I know what you're saying.

What happens in the case where OKC doesn't face either the Lakers or Spurs?

wontstartdumbthreads
04-12-2011, 03:21 PM
That would be a rare scenario, but I think this would be a fair solution:

If OKC doesn't play either of them b/c they got bounced by another team, then I lose. If OKC manages to win the West w/o having to play either LA or SA (extremely unlikely), then I should win.

Ok, I'll take this bet.

41times
04-12-2011, 03:36 PM

No all the money comes to me when the Mavs knock out OKC!