PDA

View Full Version : Who are the worst NBA referees? Your top 5

Sportstudi
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I am just curious. At the moment, who are your top 5 worst refs in the NBA?

My choice, in no particular order:

Bennett Salvatore
Dick Bavetta
Joe Crawford
Dan Crawford
Steve Javie

Chieflion
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
No Violet Palmer?

PuttPutt
04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Top 5? REALLY??

They pretty much all suck ass.

Sportstudi
04-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Top 5? REALLY??

They pretty much all suck ass.

True, but I tried to cut them down to the worst 5 :D

Sportstudi
04-12-2011, 08:53 PM
No Violet Palmer?

Well, as she isn't a main ref I didn't include her. But you're definitely right, she really sucks.

2pac > Kobe
04-12-2011, 08:59 PM
she has a nice ass

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Ignoring bias and only factoring in incompetence, Violet Palmer is easily #1..

As for the rest, it doesn't matter..most NBA refs are biased and hold grudges against certain players/teams IMO..the newer refs are usually better..

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I am just curious. At the moment, who are your top 5 worst refs in the NBA?

My choice, in no particular order:

Bennett Salvatore
Dick Bavetta
Joe Crawford
Dan Crawford
Steve Javie

Pretty much my list. Salvatore, Bavetta, and the Crawfords deserve to die.

Mugen
04-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Violet palmer is easily the worst. But Zack Garba is a faggot.

Killakobe81
04-12-2011, 09:37 PM
No Violet Palmer?

Without Violet the OP list is a failure ...

Most suck. Leon Wood and a few others are cool...

Man In Black
04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Wouldn't you have to know all the ref's names in order to have an accurate list?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_referees

Danny Crawford doesn't irk me all that much, but those other guys do. The ref that Pop has an issue with currently, is the same guy that tossed him in Memphis. Jason Phillips. That guy missed the Ginobili mugging that got him hurt and caused Pop to go ballistic.

dav4463
04-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Dan Crawford and Steve Javie are two of the best officials in my opinion.

ChuckD
04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
No Violet Palmer?

I've been watching the NBA since 1981, and Violet Palmer is BY FAR the worst referee in the last 30 years. The NBA is at least smart enough to not let VP work any playoff games.

JamStone
04-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Dick Bavetta is horrible. Should have retired like 20 years ago. Questionable call almost always goes to the home team or if the game is a blowout or approaching that, all the favorable calls go to the team that's losing. He's incredibly biased with a very strange agenda.

I think Steve Javie is a great ref. I'd have to look at a list of names but I might say he's the best official imo. And I think both Joey and Dan Crawford are at least solid. Their problems is they have power egos and attitude problems with certain players and/or coaches. But when it's not involving calling technical fouls, I think they're generally good officials who make the right calls. Admittedly, when their egos get in the way and they want to show up a player or coach, they can act dumb, but it's mostly with calling technicals and not making bad calls out of spite.

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Dick Bavetta is horrible. Should have retired like 20 years ago. Questionable call almost always goes to the home team or if the game is a blowout or approaching that, all the favorable calls go to the team that's losing. He's incredibly biased with a very strange agenda.

I think Steve Javie is a great ref. I'd have to look at a list of names but I might say he's the best official imo. And I think both Joey and Dan Crawford are at least solid. Their problems is they have power egos and attitude problems with certain players and/or coaches. But when it's not involving calling technical fouls, I think they're generally good officials who make the right calls. Admittedly, when their egos get in the way and they want to show up a player or coach, they can act dumb, but it's mostly with calling technicals and not making bad calls out of spite.
CROFL

My favorite moment relating to Crawford power hungry faggottry was when he pounded Duncan with technicals and ejected him..for laughing with his teammates on the bench. What a fucking faggot, IDK how that isn't suspension worthy. And that actually makes me wonder...what, if anything, happened directly after that incident? Was anything carried out by the NBA? Completely wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2011, 09:58 PM
kOygTd1NWCM

Joe Crawford, fuckhead of the universe.

duncan228
04-12-2011, 10:05 PM
CROFL

My favorite moment relating to Crawford power hungry faggottry was when he pounded Duncan with technicals and ejected him..for laughing with his teammates on the bench. What a fucking faggot, IDK how that isn't suspension worthy. And that actually makes me wonder...what, if anything, happened directly after that incident? Was anything carried out by the NBA? Completely wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Crawford was suspended for the rest of that season and the Playoffs. He was reinstated the next year.

Duncan was fined $25,000 for speaking to the media in the locker room after the ejection. I thought I remembered the fine being reduced but I'm not finding it at the moment.

Sportstudi
04-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Crawford was suspended for the rest of that season and the Playoffs. He was reinstated the next year.

Duncan was fined $25,000 for speaking to the media in the locker room after the ejection. I thought I remembered the fine being reduced but I'm not finding it at the moment.

I think it was reduced to $15,000, if I am not mistaken. IIRC, it was against the Mavs, but still, the call was ridiculous. Well, it was Crawford...

shelshor
04-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Eric Lewis
Violet Palmer
Zach Zarba
Olandis Poole
Bill Kennedy

BanditHiro
04-13-2011, 12:22 AM
wugrOmbsV3U