PDA

View Full Version : Memphis to tank to get the Spurs

2Cleva
04-12-2011, 09:48 PM
ChrisVernonShow Chris Vernon
WOW. Grizzlies are tanking tonight. sitting Zach and Tony Allen? want no part of LA, so they will make sure.

Grizzlies will lose tonight, lose tomorrow night on purpose - to ensure that they get 8th seed and play Spurs.

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisVernonShow

Word is its a call from ownership.

urunobili
04-12-2011, 09:49 PM
awesome thread! :tu

crc21209
04-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Memphis will win tomorrow just watch....

DPG21920
04-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Tie game in Portland.

Dex
04-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Bring 'em on. I'm sure they enjoyed their last playoff visit to San Antonio.

crc21209
Lol maybe Portland is tanking too....

shyne
Pussies, either way they are out in 1st round

ChuckD
04-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Bring it.

GrandeDavid
04-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Memphis will get 4-1'ed by the Spurs. Maybe swept.

4>0rings
04-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I wonder if the Griz are going to make it obvious by not playing their starters or just jump shoot all night. Good chance an obvious tank could piss off the Spurs.

ChuckD
04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
API - In a first ever, neither team would score in the second half or multiple OTs as they both desprrately tried to throw the game to avoid the big bad Lakers. The game was called a tie at 45-45, leaving NO a clear path to #8.

Mugen
04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
They're probably just resting their guys and bring em back tomorrow against the Clipps. Tough to win in POR even at full strength.

If they sit em out against the Clippers then you know theyre tanking.

Spursfan092120
04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah..they sure as shit tanked that important game against New Orleans...

8FOR!3
04-12-2011, 10:26 PM
What did Sean Elliott say the other night? Be careful what you wish for Memphis?

Spursfan092120
04-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Memphis now winning...yeah...they're tanking the shit out of this one.

Hooks
04-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Memphis ain't shit!

xtremesteven33
04-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Memphis would bring a much more physical game than New Orleans. Memphis really looks motivated and have good team chemistry. They could drain alot from the Spurs with their physical frontcourt and tough perimeter defenders.

Spurs would win in 5 or 6 grueling games

Amuseddaysleeper
04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Fuck Memphis, that's weak, I hope we sweep their ass.

violentkitten
04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
spurs rest big 3 to avoid embarrassing fake show too much tonite #2cleva

TampaDude
04-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Fuck the Grizz...we'll sweep their asses.

DPG21920
04-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Hopefully LA loses tomorrow.

Hooks
04-12-2011, 11:24 PM
The ONLY way the Spurs will have any trouble is if Bonner plays extended minutes. He can't handle anybody on Memphis' roster, from Hamed to Z-Bo, he will get destroyed. Even McArthur made Bonner his bitch, especially on the boards, shit was disgusting the way he was getting boarded on.

ATXSPUR
04-12-2011, 11:39 PM
If Grizz tank to get Spurs I hope we sweep their asses.

SenorSpur
04-13-2011, 12:09 AM
The ONLY way the Spurs will have any trouble is if Bonner plays extended minutes. He can't handle anybody on Memphis' roster, from Hamed to Z-Bo, he will get destroyed. Even McArthur made Bonner his bitch, especially on the boards, shit was disgusting the way he was getting boarded on.

Bonner gets handled by every big in the NBA. The only player he could halfway guard is probably Brian Scalabrine

Budkin
04-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Why is anyone scared of the Grizz? We weren't at full strength when we played them. I know they don't have Rudy but he missed most of the season as if they didn't even have him. Spurs in 6.

DJ Mbenga
04-13-2011, 12:31 AM
i wonder if griffin is in a giving mood tomorrow

Solid D
04-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Why is anyone scared of the Grizz? We weren't at full strength when we played them. I know they don't have Rudy but he missed most of the season as if they didn't even have him. Spurs in 6.

I would be concerned, as opposed to "scared", with the strong defensive intensity of the Memphis Grizzlies. They pressure the ball, they hustle, they steal the ball, they're big along the front line. Tony Allen is their X-factor. He's the reason the Rudy Gay injury means very little right now.

crc21209
04-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Rumor is that the Grizz will hold Conley and Gasol out tomorrow night. Even if they do hold those 2 out, the Grizz will still beat the Clippers...

howbouthemspurs
04-13-2011, 12:43 AM
I feel sorry for the grizz ,, they are going to get destroyed!

Mugen
04-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Not worried about the Grizz at all. It would just be gay that the Lakers would get a first round bye against NO.

honestfool84
fuck memphis, that's weak, i hope we sweep their ass.

fuck the grizz...we'll sweep their asses.

if grizz tank to get spurs i hope we sweep their asses.

why is anyone scared of the grizz? We weren't at full strength when we played them. I know they don't have rudy but he missed most of the season as if they didn't even have him. Spurs in 6.

+1

tlongII
The Grizz can beat the Spurs. It would be a very tough series.

Solid D
04-13-2011, 12:46 AM
let's not forget the extra things that Shane Battier brings to the Grizzlies, also. They are physical and they have the ability to neutralize everyone except Parker when he's in transition.

crc21209
04-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Not worried about the Grizz at all. It would just be gay that the Lakers would get a first round bye against NO.

+1. It's not so much that I'm worried about the Grizzlies at all. I just want the Spurs to get New Orleans so that L.A draws the Grizzlies instead of New Orleans.

TampaDude
04-13-2011, 12:59 AM
+1. It's not so much that I'm worried about the Grizzlies at all. I just want the Spurs to get New Orleans so that L.A draws the Grizzlies instead of New Orleans.

If the Lakers lose to Sacramento, they drop to #3, right? In that case, they would face Portland in the first round.

Kamala
04-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Duncan will be ready for them.

spurs10
04-13-2011, 01:11 AM
If the Grizzlies tank to play us, which would be obvious, they will humiliate themselves. They aren't going anywhere, so they should sack up and play there best. They probably would do better against the Lakers anyway.

Splits
04-13-2011, 01:18 AM
If anyone is tanking to face the Spurs, they are idiots. Our 3rd string, putrid end of the bench of 15 roster, just took the fakeshow into a tie game with 6 to go and all their starters on the floor except Mr. Weakknees Bynum because his little glass ACL can't hold again. Good luck against the Whorenets, fakeshow. You're exposed.

NewcastleKEG
04-13-2011, 01:25 AM
If anyone is tanking to face the Spurs, they are idiots. Our 3rd string, putrid end of the bench of 15 roster, just took the fakeshow into a tie game with 6 to go and all their starters on the floor except Mr. Weakknees Bynum because his little glass ACL can't hold again. Good luck against the Whorenets, fakeshow. You're exposed.
Hurray for moral victories

KaiRMD1
04-13-2011, 01:38 AM
The reason they are doing that is because last time the Clippers tanked in order to get the Nuggets in the first round and the Grizz wound up getting the Mavs in 06.

JustinJDW
04-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Fuck the Grizzlies. They're asses are gonna get curb-stomped no matter who they play. So if they prefer it to be us, then that's fine by me.

04-13-2011, 01:47 AM
lakers giving the order to ensure getting NO in the first round.

mystargtr34
04-13-2011, 03:28 AM
Fuckin Laker farm team tanking to ensure the Lakers get the easiest possible path by playing the Hornets.

Kuestmaster
04-13-2011, 03:29 AM
fuck the gremlins, we are not going to lose more than 1 game against them

crc21209
04-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Well, it looks like Hollins is going to sit Randolph again tomorrow night:

Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins decided to rest Randolph and Allen, who were not in the starting lineup against the Blazers but were in uniform -- albeit under sweats -- on the bench. There was speculation that the move was tactical to set up a favorable playoff matchup.

Hollins maintained after the game that both had nagging injuries that needed rest.

"I didn't want to play Zach these last two games because I want to get him rested and fresh. He hurt his elbow and he has the bad knee and I just didn't want to have him out there banging for two more games when we have the playoffs going."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310412022

crc21209
04-13-2011, 03:56 AM
I hope the Clippers fucking tank worse than the Grizzlies tomorrow....:lol

spurs50_
04-13-2011, 06:47 AM
We"re gonna wax that grizzaly ass.

ATXSPUR
04-13-2011, 07:25 AM
I'm really pissed off at how this bracket is turning out. Could it be any worse for Spurs?

hsxvvd
04-13-2011, 08:38 AM
If we can't get past the Grizzlies we were never going to win a championship anyway... Play whoever and win. We shouldn't be scared of anybody, nor wishing anybody is beaten by someone else. Bring them all on.

ATXSPUR
04-13-2011, 08:46 AM
If we can't get past the Grizzlies we were never going to win a championship anyway... Play whoever and win. We shouldn't be scared of anybody, nor wishing anybody is beaten by someone else. Bring them all on.

I don't see why people don't understand that it's not about getting past Memphis. It's about how beat up we'll be compared to LA's cakewalk side of the bracket come WCF time.

elbamba
04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
If it were in the Spurs control, they would do what they can to play NO. It looks like LA is going to win the jackpot. NOH can take a game from LA because LA is playing poorly right now.

Texas_Ranger
04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
lol @ being scared of the Bear.

ElNono
04-13-2011, 09:13 AM
If Memphis takes us to 7 games, we're just not winning it this season. And wear and tear would have nothing to do with it. We have HCA and rested players. A 1-8 series like that shouldn't go over 5 games, not much different than playing NOH.

People forget that their only true 'superstar' and go to guy is ZBo... If Duncan can't keep him at least in check for a series, then we have no business getting much further...

George Gervin's Afro
04-13-2011, 09:22 AM
If anything this may be a spark for the Spurs. Someone tanking so they can play them? As a coach I would like that.

Strike
04-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Memphis is fucked anyway. San Antonio, LA, Dallas, it dont matter. 1st round out. Again.

Old School 44
04-13-2011, 09:24 AM
Really doesn't matter to me who the Spurs play. From a focus standpoint, it might even be better to play the Griz vs. the Hornets.
But it would be interesting to watch the Griz/Clips game, just to see if the Griz obviously tank the game. I wonder if Hollins tells the players, don't win under any circumstance OR maybe with the injury to Bynum, he does a 360 and tells them to play the Spurs full out.

Waps1980
04-13-2011, 09:26 AM
This is just funny
Griz tank cos they want the Spurs
Portland just won't play any starters cos they don't want to risk injury.

Bruno
04-13-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't care who Spurs get between Grizzlies and Hornets. Both teams are close. What was important was not getting Portland in the first round and it is now a sure thing since they will finish at the 6th seed.

Doe
04-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Fuckin Laker farm team tanking to ensure the Lakers get the easiest possible path by playing the Hornets.

This. Fuck the Grizzlies, I hope the Spurs keep their playoff record to 0-fer.

DesignatedT
04-13-2011, 12:16 PM
I cant believe of how many people are scared of the fucking grizzlies :lmao sack the fuck up spurfan

rmt
04-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't care who Spurs get between Grizzlies and Hornets. Both teams are close. What was important was not getting Portland in the first round and it is now a sure thing since they will finish at the 6th seed.

I don't agree that both teams are close. Without West, NOH will be a relative cake-walk. MEM has Gasol/Randolph(who is a handful for anyone) and excellent defenders in Battier and Tony Allen. It's the difference between an easy out and what will be a very physical brawl. Spurs need all the pins to line up and get lucky to win a championship. They can't be beaten up in the 1st round and expect to go far. Especially since it seems that LA will get that walk-over when they're most vulnerable.

Dave_ET
04-13-2011, 12:52 PM
So if both Memphis and NO lose tonight (LAC and DAL respectively), who owns the tiebreaker and will be in the 7 slot?

DPG21920
04-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Holy crap. Again, it's not about being scared of the Grizzlies. I don't think anyone sees the Spurs losing to the Grizz. What people care about is how LA will have a cake walk to the WCF because even if LA would sweep both Mem and NO, at least Mem will bang them up.

Why people aren't grasping this is beyond me. Spurs won't lose to Mem, but they are more physical than NO and LA getting the easiest first round opponent, and quite possibly the easiest second round Opp (DAL) is very bad

DPG21920
04-13-2011, 01:00 PM
so if both memphis and no lose tonight (lac and dal respectively), who owns the tiebreaker and will be in the 7 slot?

no

Bruno
04-13-2011, 05:09 PM
I don't agree that both teams are close. Without West, NOH will be a relative cake-walk.

I guess wee will agree to disagree. Without Gay, Memphis aren't a better team than The West-less Hornets.

I find that most of the posters overrate Grizzlies and Thunder and underrate teams like Hornets and Mavs.

slick'81
04-13-2011, 05:10 PM
I cant believe of how many people are scared of the fucking grizzlies :lmao sack the fuck up spurfan

no shit oh my god the gizzlies are gonna beat us their twin towers are too much, man those hornets r dangerous watch out for cp3:lol:lol

fck them both spurs got this 1st round on lock :hat

objective
04-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Bonner would be less of a liability against NO.

Memphis is like a poor man's Lakers front line, minus Odom. Bonner getting pancaked by Randolph and Gasol while clanking threes would be in the forecast.

The only good news is that the only playoff series won in the last two years happened despite Bonner's wretchedness. So if the Spurs could overcome Bonner being Bonner against the Mavs, I would hope they could overcome Bonner being Bonner against the Grizzlies.

DPG21920
04-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I guess wee will agree to disagree. Without Gay, Memphis aren't a better team than The West-less Hornets.

I find that most of the posters overrate Grizzlies and Thunder and underrate teams like Hornets and Mavs.

So even if they are close in talent, do you not agree that MEM is much more physical than NO?

Spurs and Mavs fan
04-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Wow, if they "want" San Antonio, let's make them pay grievously for this assumption.

z0sa
04-13-2011, 05:41 PM
lol tanking to get the #1 seed :lol

Bruno
04-13-2011, 05:49 PM
So even if they are close in talent, do you not agree that MEM is much more physical than NO?

"much more", no.

A Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol frontcourt isn't that physical.

DeadlyDynasty
04-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Memphis has given SAS fits this year. They split the season series and I think both SA wins were in overtime (might be wrong there). The West-less Hornets are a sweep. If the stars align correctly they might force a 5th game. Trust me, everyone wants NOH...weakest team in the WC playoffs by far

DPG21920
04-13-2011, 06:13 PM
"much more", no.

Compared to Okafor/Landry, it is night and day. Both Marc and Zach bang, with NO, not very much.

Not to mention Battier/Allen/Conley are much more physical than Bellineli/Paul/Ariza.

NO is clearly softer and would be worst case scenario for the West if LA gets them.

DesignatedT
04-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Memphis being regarded as a much tougher out then NOH has been taking way too far. Since West is out, Memphis is probably the better team but it's not by much. LA will beat N.O or MEM in 4 or 5 games. Marc Gasol and Randolph aren't going to wear down the Lakers anymore then Landry and Okafor would. They are both going out and going out early no matter who they play. New Orleans might be a little easier but it's not like they are the fucking Kings and Memphis is the Bulls. You'd think that would be the gap in talent the way people are talking around here.

Bartleby
04-13-2011, 06:23 PM
Memphis being regarded as a much tougher out then NOH has been taking way too far. Since West is out, Memphis is probably the better team but it's not by much. LA will beat N.O or MEM in 4 or 5 games. Marc Gasol and Randolph aren't going to wear down the Lakers anymore then Landry and Okafor would. They are both going out and going out early no matter who they play. New Orleans might be a little easier but it's not like they are the fucking Kings and Memphis is the Bulls. You'd think that would be the gap in talent the way people are talking around here.

Pretty much.

Although Memphis is more physical, injuries can happen against any team. After all, Duncan got hurt playing Golden State.

The key will be knocking out the Grizzlies (or Hornets) as quickly as possible to gain more rest time and reduce the chance of injury.

Mugen
04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
well we should start preparing nicknames for either team, just in case

my first thoughts are fizzlies or pizzlies, and then whore-nuts

Your first thoughts are the fizzlies or the pizzlies....

DPG21920
04-13-2011, 06:35 PM

:lol Go back through the MEM and NO game threads and look at the comments. That tells you everything you need to know. Every time teams play MEM, guys get banged up. They are undoubtedly tougher than NO.

They are more talented right now as well. It's not about being scared. I don't care who the Spurs play. LA can't get NO.

No one is talking about the talent side really. They are talking about the physicality and how NO is CLEARLY the easiest team.

DPG21920
04-13-2011, 07:50 PM
I guess in thinking about it, while NO facing LA would suck, if it means OKC vs LA in the 2nd and Mavs/Spurs, I am ok with that.

z0sa
04-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Grizz are fools if truly they want to play the Spurs. Whomever our first round opponent is doesn't matter, they will be quickly dispatched. BOOK IT

Mugen
04-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I guess in thinking about it, while NO facing LA would suck, if it means OKC vs LA in the 2nd and Mavs/Spurs, I am ok with that.

Bingo. Lakers arent losing in the 1st round.

We know the only way the Mavs are getting to the 2nd round is if they draw NO.

The only two teams with a chance of beating LA are OKC and the Spurs. You might as well have the Lakers play them both if they wanna get out of the West again.

Still doubt that Mavs will actually lose to NO though.

rascal
04-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Bingo. Lakers arent losing in the 1st round.

We know the only way the Mavs are getting to the 2nd round is if they draw NO.

The only two teams with a chance of beating LA are OKC and the Spurs. You might as well have the Lakers play them both if they wanna get out of the West again.

Still doubt that Mavs will actually lose to NO though.

The spurs have no shot at beating a healthy Laker team.

DPG21920
04-13-2011, 08:07 PM
:lmao OKC losing at half

z0sa
04-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm a huge dumbass.

rascal
04-13-2011, 08:10 PM
The spurs have no shot at beating a healthy Laker team. None.
That is the worst matchup for the Spurs.

1Parker1
04-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Can I just say how PO'ed I'm going to be if everything falls magically yet again for LA and they end up getting the easiest path to the WCF with NO, then Dallas? That's the way it's looking to go so far tonight.

Mugen
04-13-2011, 08:18 PM
The spurs have no shot at beating a healthy Laker team.

They have a chance. And who says the Lakers are going to be healthy if they make it that far? You never know.

Btw, Dallas isn't getting past Portland in the first.

NO/POR is a lot tougher than NO/DAL for the Lakers. Still pretty much a cakewalk though.

rascal
04-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Can I just say how PO'ed I'm going to be if everything falls magically yet again for LA and they end up getting the easiest path to the WCF with NO, then Dallas? That's the way it's looking to go so far tonight.

Dallas won't be an easy out for either the Lakers or Spurs.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2011, 08:19 PM

If Dallas loses and OKC wins, OKC will get the third seed by virtue of being a division winner, and the Spurs can get Dallas in round 2, while Lakers get OKC in round one.

Assuming OKC beats Milwaukee :lol

rascal
04-13-2011, 08:19 PM
They have a chance. And who says the Lakers are going to be healthy if they make it that far? You never know.

Btw, Dallas isn't getting past Portland in the first.

NO/POR is a lot tougher than NO/DAL for the Lakers. Still pretty much a cakewalk though.

The spurs only hope of beating the Lakers is to get them not healthy.

rascal
04-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Nice job quoting yourself.

Mugen
04-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Dallas won't be an easy out for either the Lakers or Spurs.

the Lakers would curbstomp the Mavs. They could play every game in Dallas and the Lakers would still win in 5.

rascal
04-13-2011, 08:27 PM
the Lakers would curbstomp the Mavs. They could play every game in Dallas and the Lakers would still win in 5.

It would go a minimun of 6 and could even go the full 7. It will be a tougher series than you think. Dallas has had deep playoff runs in the past and will put up a good fight. The west will not be easy for any team.

DPG21920
04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
If Dallas loses and OKC wins, OKC will get the third seed by virtue of being a division winner, and the Spurs can get Dallas in round 2, while Lakers get OKC in round one.

You mean LA vs OKC in round 2.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2011, 08:33 PM
You mean LA vs OKC in round 2.

Yes, my bad

Mugen
04-13-2011, 08:35 PM
It would go a minimun of 6 and could even go the full 7. It will be a tougher series than you think. Dallas has had deep playoff runs in the past and will put up a good fight. The west will not be easy for any team.

No it wont. They've had one. It'll probably be easy for the Lakers.

DPG21920
04-13-2011, 08:37 PM
OKC back with a comfortable lead. But Dallas leading as well.

Dallas will be tough. They are a solid team and the Spurs have 0 answer for Dirk. Tyson Chandler is a new wrinkle to the SA/DAL playoff story. But they seem easier than OKC.

diego
04-13-2011, 08:38 PM
The spurs only hope of beating the Lakers is to get them not healthy.

its a good tactic, just ask the lakers: 08 (manu), 09 (garnett, nelson, yao + tmac, if i recall melo twisted his ankle in their series, manu out for the spurs, and i'm sure there were a lot more that year), 10 (perkins game 7).

i don't care who they play, to win you go through whoever comes, healthy or not that is part of the game. It sucks that the other advantage of being 1st seed (path of least resistance) isnt holding up because of midseason trades, but in the end its not about the other team as much as it is about our players getting hot at the right time. in that sense every team has been pretty uneven this year, there is no team that looks unbeatable. the spurs have put themselves in good position and know its pretty much their last chance. it should be a good playoffs. :toast

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2011, 08:46 PM
OKC back with a comfortable lead. But Dallas leading as well.

Dallas will be tough. They are a solid team and the Spurs have 0 answer for Dirk. Tyson Chandler is a new wrinkle to the SA/DAL playoff story. But they seem easier than OKC.

The lack of Caron Butler is the deal breaker for me, otherwise it would've been a very tough series. Not that I don't see an SA/DAL series going 6 games.

Pauleta14
04-13-2011, 09:03 PM

As good as it is for the spurs, if Dallas loses (they have a 12pts lead:lol) the Lakers would rested all their starters tonight and I wanna see them sweat to get their seed...

xtremesteven33
04-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Sacramento winning and costing LA the title this year by making it more difficult would kind of be Poetic Justice for them getting robbed in the playoffs

justinandimcool
04-13-2011, 09:15 PM
So Dallas has this won. Now I'm rooting for Memphis' scrubs to win and match us up with New Orleans, not that I'm scared of the Grizzlies but it would be nice.

A Kings win would match LA up with Portland, so let's hope that happens so LA wont get a 1st round bye.

Pauleta14
04-13-2011, 09:16 PM
loooool OKC in OT vs the Bucks...

Pauleta14
04-13-2011, 09:21 PM
So Dallas has this won. Now I'm rooting for Memphis' scrubs to win and match us up with New Orleans, not that I'm scared of the Grizzlies but it would be nice.

A Kings win would match LA up with Portland, so let's hope that happens so LA wont get a 1st round bye.

:nope

Stop dreaming, they won't even try...

The only thing we have to root for is a Kings win... (to screw the lakers AND because it's kinda sad for those fans,they deserve this last home win)

ps/ NJ-CHI close game doesn't even make me hope, chicago will end up with the W...

mytespurs
04-13-2011, 09:44 PM
don't get your hopes up for a laker loss-they have to win to maintain that #2 & they're coming off a losing streak so I can't see them winning last night then losing tonight. Kobe, Gasol & Odom should be enough for a win for them-it may not be pretty but I can't see them losing.

Hope the Spurs win tonight-otherwise they're going into the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak!:wow

dbestpro
04-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Memphis not even trying to make it look good against the Clippers. They should change their name to the Memhpis Catfish they are so deep in the bottom of the tank.

IronMexican
04-27-2011, 11:09 AM
:lmao

OH. MY. GOD.

I can't stop laughing at this thread. Everyone who posted what they said should quote themselves.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 11:10 AM

Venti Quattro
04-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Mike Breen get yo ass in here :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

GoodOdor
04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
:lol:lol:lol

Venti Quattro
04-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Memphis not even trying to make it look good against the Clippers. They should change their name to the Memhpis Catfish they are so deep in the bottom of the tank.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

ffadicted
04-27-2011, 11:21 AM
This is just sad, everyone getting owned lol

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 11:24 AM
lol @ being scared of the Bear.

no shit oh my god the gizzlies are gonna beat us their twin towers are too much, man those hornets r dangerous watch out for cp3:lol:lol

fck them both spurs got this 1st round on lock :hat

"much more", no.

:rollin

IronMexican
04-27-2011, 11:24 AM
DD, send those downstairs bro.

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
DD, send those downstairs bro.

scro you should just link this thread downstairs...there's too many juicy quotes:lol

IronMexican
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
I did

John Basedow
04-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Memphis has given SAS fits this year. They split the season series and I think both SA wins were in overtime (might be wrong there). The West-less Hornets are a sweep. If the stars align correctly they might force a 5th game. Trust me, everyone wants NOH...weakest team in the WC playoffs by far

^
what a dumbass:lol

IronMaxipad
04-27-2011, 12:03 PM

See guys regular season matters.

clambake
04-27-2011, 12:49 PM
you guys need to get back in here.

it ain't over.

21_Blessings
04-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Holy crap. Again, it's not about being scared of the Grizzlies. I don't think anyone sees the Spurs losing to the Grizz. What people care about is how LA will have a cake walk to the WCF because even if LA would sweep both Mem and NO, at least Mem will bang them up.

Why people aren't grasping this is beyond me. Spurs won't lose to Mem, but they are more physical than NO and LA getting the easiest first round opponent, and quite possibly the easiest second round Opp (DAL) is very bad

:lmao :lmao

This is almost as funny as the time you said "Parker > Rose"

Solid D
04-30-2011, 12:49 PM
What did Sean Elliott say the other night? Be careful what you wish for Memphis?

Memphis would bring a much more physical game than New Orleans. Memphis really looks motivated and have good team chemistry. They could drain alot from the Spurs with their physical frontcourt and tough perimeter defenders.

Spurs would win in 5 or 6 grueling games

I would be concerned, as opposed to "scared", with the strong defensive intensity of the Memphis Grizzlies. They pressure the ball, they hustle, they steal the ball, they're big along the front line. Tony Allen is their X-factor. He's the reason the Rudy Gay injury means very little right now..

The Grizz can beat the Spurs. It would be a very tough series.

let's not forget the extra things that Shane Battier brings to the Grizzlies, also. They are physical and they have the ability to neutralize everyone except Parker when he's in transition.

I'm really pissed off at how this bracket is turning out. Could it be any worse for Spurs?