PDA

View Full Version : Good that Bynum (apparently) not seriously hurt

Rummpd
04-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Want LAL at full strength period and do not wish anyone on any team hurt at any time, but especially heading into the "real season". Go Spurs!

ecksrobecks
04-12-2011, 10:33 PM
how do you know he's not seriously hurt

Rummpd
04-12-2011, 10:38 PM
I do not but it appears the brace stopped potentially serious damage and they let him walk off on his own power. I have experience in sports medicine but it is impossible to really tell from TV but my guess and hope is that he is not hurt badly. However, if I was the LAL medical team he would not be back on the floor before the playoffs without evidence there was no swelling or other signs or symptoms - any of those he gets an MRI to r/o something more seriously - they just said he will have an MRI on TNT - smart move but probably a conservative measure but with his background very reasonable.

concken
04-12-2011, 10:39 PM
MRI tomorrow. Won't travel with team. I think this hurts reggie more than anyone. Pans

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Fuck that I await and will rejoice the day Kobe's knee splits open into five parts, making the Shaun Livingston injury look like a common ankle turning.

Fuck the lakers.

thispego
04-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Fuck that I await and will rejoice the day Kobe's knee splits open into five parts, making the Shaun Livingston injury look like a common ankle turning.

Fuck the lakers.

:lmao

Rummpd
04-12-2011, 10:44 PM

Fuck the lakers.

Sorry cannot agree with you even though I despise the lovefest these days for all things Kobe. Livingston did have one of the cruelest injuries of all time though excepting one Bo Jackson or Joe Theisman. Livingston could have been a real talent.

G-Dawgg
04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Fuck the Lakers. Bynum's season is done. Lol

ChuckD
04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
MRI tomorrow. Won't travel with team. I think this hurts reggie more than anyone. Pans

Yeah, doesn't look good. If it were a normal knee it might not be bad, but that's the surgically repaired one, a surgery that's only like 8 months old.

TD 21
04-12-2011, 10:47 PM
As if there was any chance that he was. He's a key Laker and it's close to the playoffs. He could have been ran over by a bus, shot 25 times, beaten to a pulp, had both his knee caps, arms and legs broken and he still would be ready to go by game one of the playoffs.

Holden_Caulfield
04-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Fuck the Lakers. Bynum's season is done...LOL

lol at your sig.

duncan228
04-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Per Lakers pr, Bynum's hyperextended rt knee could be bones, could be ligaments. Won't know till MRI tomorrow.

Marcus Bryant
04-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Fuck the lakers.

Here, here.

Rummpd
04-12-2011, 10:56 PM
This does not sound good but I for one am hoping still it is not a serious injury. That brace may have saved a worse injury but it does sound like there may be more than it appeared when he walked out. Initial knee exams are always not definitive either way and they are going to take it rightfully very conservative.

Mugen
04-12-2011, 10:56 PM
classy thread and all. But deep down, you know you feel like it's Christmas fucking morning.

Cry Havoc
04-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Want LAL at full strength period and do not wish anyone on any team hurt at any time, but especially heading into the "real season". Go Spurs!

Fuck that.

The Lakers are the cockiest collection of players I've ever seen. They've been talking shit all year about how they will turn it on when they want to. they've coasted on an early easy schedule, played uninspired most of the year, and now that there are 2 games left in the season they've got to play the starters just to get a top three seed.

Fuck the Lakers. They deserve this for being so cocky thinking they can coast through the West to a high seed and having to play their starters all 82 games. If they would have played with any heart this year instead of just acting like they own the NBA, they would have their starters on the bench for this game. I have no pity at all and couldn't care less if Bynum comes back or not.

Libri
04-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Bill Russell once said that "injuries are just as much a part of the game as officiating and foul shooting." Truth is, most everyone can make up some excuse as to why the eventual champion is "lucky" to win, but the record books don't bring up those fortunes or misfortunes.

Ginobili2Duncan
04-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I do feel bad for Bynum because he is a kid that is not that much older than I am. But then, I remember the way Laker fans treated us when Ginobili was hurt in 2008 and that sympathy goes away.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I want every single spur to channel their inner Bowen and step under the feet of every Laker for every jump shot they take this second half. I want Pop to send an explicit message to his scrubs to take their fucking asses out.

There used to be a time when having the luxury of using your 2nd team against the 2 time defending champs in the regular season ACTUALLY MEANT SOMETHING.

Well it still does mean something for us. We can rough their asses up.

I want Blair, Splitter, Neal, et. al to rough the fuck outta the Lakers in the 2nd half.

Fuck class
Fuck the rules
Fuck being mr nice guy

Fuck the lakers.

polandprzem
04-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Bill Russell once said that "injuries are just as much a part of the game as officiating and foul shooting." Truth is, most everyone can make up some excuse as to why the eventual champion is "lucky" to win, but the record books don't bring up those fortunes or misfortunes.

My thinking

You could blame Jax for playing Bynum so many minutes.
And also LA is not much concentrated lately..

polandprzem
04-12-2011, 11:07 PM
I want every single spur to channel their inner Bowen and step under the feet of every Laker for every jump shot they take this second half. I want Pop to send an explicit message to his scrubs to take their fucking asses out.

There used to be a time when having the luxury of using your 2nd team against the 2 time defending champs in the regular season ACTUALLY MEANT SOMETHING.

I want Blair, Splitter, Neal, et. al to rough the fuck outta the Lakers in the 2nd half.

Fuck class
Fuck the rules
Fuck being mr nice guy

Fuck the lakers.

TP and Dyess are in uniforms

ATXSPUR
04-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Fuck that shit. Fuck the Lakers.

xtremesteven33
04-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Stick a fork in them...Lakers are done

TampaDude
04-12-2011, 11:10 PM

Fuck class
Fuck the rules
Fuck being mr nice guy

Fuck the lakers.

Wow...don't beat around the bush now...tell us all how you really feel... :lol

baseline bum
04-12-2011, 11:11 PM
http://mimg.ugo.com/201007/51209/cuts/bb745_288x288.jpg

If he dies, he dies.

TE
04-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Be classy, tbh.

The Truth #6
04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Too bad it wasn't Kobe. Bynum seems like a nice enough guy when he's not clotheslining someone.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Bynum deserves a collapsed aorta for all the cheap shots he has delivered.

Cry Havoc
04-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Too bad it wasn't Kobe. Bynum seems like a nice enough guy when he's not clotheslining someone.

Bynum might be the only player on the Lakers who's more arrogant than Kobe.

Beaverfuzz
04-12-2011, 11:22 PM
he's going to be out for awhile, it's like tearing an ACL or similar...you can walk around on the knee pretty much as normal, it's the side to side stuff that is impacted.

Rummpd
04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Honestly the fact they have already scheduled an MRI and with his sudden pain and history anything is on the table - he still could be fine but it could also be severe and without access to seeing his knee or how he is responding no one external to the LAL's medical staff can really tell.

spurs10
04-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah, or collapsing someone's lung with an elbow.:rolleyes

ChuckD
04-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Bynum deserves a collapsed aorta for all the cheap shots he has delivered.

I'm sure Gerald Wallace is shedding no tears after that collapsed lung AB laid on him.

Sean Cagney
04-12-2011, 11:33 PM
he's going to be out for awhile, it's like tearing an ACL or similar...you can walk around on the knee pretty much as normal, it's the side to side stuff that is impacted.

Dolphins fan here! Ronnie Brown walked off with a torn ACL, I said good he walked off! Then later that day they said out of the year :depressed:depressed, that was his career IMO!

wontstartdumbthreads
04-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Only injury that could have helped the Spurs more would have been Bonner breaking his femur.

Rummpd
04-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Jackson sounded optimistic and Bynum apprently reassured him maybe not as bad as feared. Good if true.

Man In Black
04-13-2011, 12:10 AM
Jackson sounded optimistic and Bynum apprently reassured him maybe not as bad as feared. Good if true.

Where are you getting this info? I'm watching the LA feed and trust me, the LA broadcasters are hoping for the best.

He's not traveling with the team for tomorrows game, that makes it worrisome enough.

polandprzem
04-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Where are you getting this info? I'm watching the LA feed and trust me, the LA broadcasters are hoping for the best.

He's not traveling with the team for tomorrows game, that makes it worrisome enough.

JAx said that he talked to Bynum and said he will be fine

polandprzem
04-13-2011, 12:18 AM
It makes me sick when Cheryl looking worried and all they talking is Bynum and Lakers.

When TD went down that was a minor info on a NBA highlights traffic

GrandeDavid
04-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Bynum might be the only player on the Lakers who's more arrogant than Kobe.

That's surprising since he and his glass knee have cadillaced on Kobe and Gasol for championships.

Crookshanks
04-13-2011, 12:23 AM
I could care less if Bynum is out for a while. Anything that makes it easier on the Spurs is what I want. Forget all this talk of "I want the Lakers at full strength"... why??? I just want the Spurs to win - I don't care how!!

tlongII
04-13-2011, 12:32 AM
I think Bynum will definitely be hobbled for at least the first round. If we get them they are done.

ChuckD
04-13-2011, 12:33 AM
JAx said that he talked to Bynum and said he will be fine

Jackson said that they told him there was swelling and a possible bone bruise, common in hyperextensions, plus whatever the MRI reveals.

polandprzem
04-13-2011, 12:35 AM
I could care less if Bynum is out for a while. Anything that makes it easier on the Spurs is what I want. Forget all this talk of "I want the Lakers at full strength"... why??? I just want the Spurs to win - I don't care how!!

NObody cared the spurs were not 100% previous years.

Capt Bringdown
04-13-2011, 12:35 AM
I think Bynum will definitely be hobbled for at least the first round. If we get them they are done.

What about Canby's freak neck injury? Slipped on some bongwater in the locker room so I hear...

howbouthemspurs
04-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Thats just bad luck. I hope gets well soon! hes a solid player

Man In Black
04-13-2011, 12:58 AM
If you watch the video on the 4-letter, you'll see Gary Vitti describe the injury to Phil. There is no audio, but he indicates with his hands that when the Knee hyper-extended, the bones compressed onto each other. HE indicates that by pounding his fists together. In Athletic Training parlance that means BONE BRUISE.

Capt Bringdown
04-13-2011, 01:01 AM
If you watch the video on the 4-letter, you'll see Gary Vitti describe the injury to Phil. There is no audio, but he indicates with his hands that when the Knee hyper-extended, the bones compressed onto each other. HE indicates that by pounding his fists together. In Athletic Training parlance that means BONE BRUISE.

How long you reckon he'll be out then?

Splits
04-13-2011, 01:01 AM
The Lakers look like a completely exposed team, with or without Bynum. I hope the Spurs have the chance to take them out in the WCF, but I have a feeling they won't make it that far. See ya bitches. PJ retires. Lakers are a dead franchise.

Budkin
04-13-2011, 01:06 AM
That's what "earning your stripes" gets you. Karma.

slick'81
04-13-2011, 01:23 AM
it didnt look good but i alos hope hes ok thing with bynum is u know hes going down not if but when dudes made of fckn glass

Spurologist
04-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Impossible to tell at this point...It's a good sign he was able to "walk" it off. My guess is there will be some swelling and ligament tear because he felt immediate pain. How severe it is...only the MRI will tell

Splits
04-13-2011, 01:46 AM
For a player with his history of recent knee injuries, missing massive portions of the past few seasons because of the same knee, the most likely outcome is that he is done for the season. He has missed a series of months, several times because of the same knee. My guess is that he is done.

Man In Black
04-13-2011, 02:15 AM
How long you reckon he'll be out then?

It's a guess, we ain't there, we don't see the MRI but if it's a bone bruise and stretched out ligaments, there will be swelling and pain. I'd say a week off his knee easy but that doesn't mean he's instantly back. There's still evaluation that needs to be done plus pain threshold testing and the fact that he'd be risking his future if he tried to pull a Grant Hill(Ankle Issue-most of you know what happened there.) Well, let's just say that even a grade 1 hyper-extended knee takes typically 2 weeks to just heal. That means your feeling little to no pain but that doesn't mean you're at full strength.

If I was the LAL, I'd treat him the same way Dallas treated Nowitzki in 2003.

2003: Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavs

It’s hard to say how significant Dirk Nowitzki’s injury was during the 2003 Western Conference Finals. San Antonio had finally beaten L.A. in the semis, and looked better than they ever before. But so did Dallas and this was the best team the Mavs ever had with Dirk, Steve Nash and Michael Finley. The Mavs even won Game 1 behind Dirk (38 points, 15 rebounds) after trailing by 18. But late in Game 3 after Dallas had been ahead for much of the game, Nowitzki went down on a rebound with a sprained right knee. Buckling as he collided with Manu Ginobili, Dallas coach Don Nelson later conceded he wouldn’t play Dirk unless the German was 100 percent. Nowitzki never played again that year and San Antonio dominated the rest of the series and the NBA Finals.

duncan228
04-13-2011, 02:23 AM
Lakers Beat Writer.

Bynum says he will be fine and will be ready for playoff opener this weekend.

Phil said there could be a bone bruise that could cost Bynum "a couple games" but leans toward Bynum saying he'll be OK.

Bynum: "Painful right when it happened, but it’s not that bad right now. … I’ll take pictures tomorrow to make sure."

Man In Black
04-13-2011, 02:53 AM
I remind LAL that Bynum said the same thing in 2008. He wasn't much of factor that year for the playoffs and the C's got the title.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-13-2011, 03:31 AM
I do feel bad for Bynum because he is a kid that is not that much older than I am. But then, I remember the way Laker fans treated us when Ginobili was hurt in 2008 and that sympathy goes away.
THIS!!
wow this is what me and my bro were talking about, i told him "i kinda feel bad" then we both thought about it and said no! you know what if it were ginobili that went down again or duncan these guys would be grinning on t.v and laker fans would be cheering.. screw that!!

i'm not saying i'll ever cheer for an opponents injury but sympathy? nope!.. not anymore, especially bynum he's grown up there and has no respect whatsoever. oh but he will soon.. when he's playing in europe 10 minutes a game for 300,000 euros/yr

who knows that injury could have happened to our big 3 w/dnp. and pop dodged it

oh yea
tee,hee

Doctor J
04-13-2011, 03:37 AM
Regardless of what Jax hoped and Bynum said, Bynum won't be in full strength throughout this year's post season.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-13-2011, 04:15 AM
i was freaking out that he was still playing, im sure laker fans were happy they got to see him longer than a week,

its a freaking joke that they can even mention our players health when they have bynum who has had injuries yearly to his knees dating back to 07, however like i tell stupid laker fans this dude has been hurt since h.s lol

ok so the last 2years this is what happened :
08-09 : kobe takes a dumb ass awkward fade away and lands on bynum's RIGHT KNEE. phil .j and bynum told the press (just like they are now) its not a big deal and just a knee sprain 2 days later they say its a "torn MCL " he was out 8-12 weeks

09-10 : then comes back and has that knee injury when they were playing okc in the playoffs remember game six i believe and turns out its "torn meniscus" on his
RIGHT KNEE he played through it last year remember . he was this super hero.

2010-2011 : misses half of the season, after saying it wasnt a "serious injury" gets it repaired and helped the lakers after the allstar break and guess what happened tonight??? hyperextended that bad boy

^^ if you look up you know this has disaster written all over it thats three years in a row (this one included) if he gets surgery and to me that knee still had a brace w/surgically repaired torn menisus/torn MCL and he hyperextended that knee lets not forget his high school injuries ... looks like in most of his injuries he was out significant time awww too bad buddy

ezau
04-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Bynum is done plain and simple.

Rummpd
04-13-2011, 04:38 AM
Bynum is done plain and simple.

So glad all of you have an MD* after your name and can make such premature statements with such authority without even taking doing an exam, talking with Bynum or the LAL medical staff, or having access to his imaging studies (MRI that is planned, and possibly other) or at least his radiographs!

(*I do, have been a team physician for many teams including a number of games at Cole H.S. when Shaq was thre; and would not and could not - bottom line, no way to tell at this point, you may be proven right but . . .)

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-13-2011, 05:35 AM
the reason i say that is b/c hes 23 yrs old of course hes going to act like hes not injured people hes still a kid. i am not a doctor, lol you're right, however have grown up with doctors and am an r.n thinking about med school but tbh am very nervous. . anyhow its just fun to speculate and analyze this b.s before mainstream media does.

his history shows that he doesnt walk away from too many knee injuries. :) see these are the perks to not being a lisc. dr. i can regurgitate a prognosis from google and not be held accountable im kidding :) i have the highest respect for medical physicians:toast

wontstartdumbthreads
04-13-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm not a doctor but I have gone to them before.
I don't know what the outcome will be but it could have been prevented by using the Shake Weight.

rascal
04-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Spurs need a significant injury to a laker to have a shot at getting out of the west.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Spurs need a significant injury to a laker to have a shot at getting out of the west.

or a significant injury to Bonner.

Soul_Patch
04-13-2011, 08:44 AM
I just recently had surgery (last week) to repair a torn ACL and shredded meniscus. When i originally hurt it, it wasn't that bad, it popped, felt weird, but i kept going on it, albeit with less power in my leg than before. The pain was immediate, then subsided and just felt weak afterward.

It wasnt until about 4 days afterward that my whole leg was almost immobile. From then, until i had surgery last week i had very little range of motion in that knee.

Not saying he is done, but knee injury's, at least from my experience, are strange and misleading.

Sportcamper
04-13-2011, 08:54 AM
I would have liked to have seen Duncan & Parker play in the final Lakers/Spurs game of the season…I am happy that *purs fans have something to cheer about in 2011…Best regular season record & Bynum’s injury… That Western Conference banner will look nice in your rodeo arena…Now the real season starts and we all know that the *purs will not get past Denver or OKC…

Stay Classy *purs fans…:toast

Capt Bringdown
04-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Hypothetically Bynum's absence hurts the Lakers if we meet in the playoffs, but Gasol and Odom still cause us huge matchup problems - particularly when the turd towers are on the court.

What was sadly obvious today was that besides the big 3, we don't have anyone who can be counted on to attack the paint. How did we respond when Bynum left the game? With 3 pointers of course.

The obligation to attack the rim should fall to RJ and Hill, but we know how that story ends.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-13-2011, 09:13 AM
I would have liked to have seen Duncan & Parker play in the final Lakers/Spurs game of the season…I am happy that *purs fans have something to cheer about in 2011…Best regular season record & Bynum’s injury… That Western Conference banner will look nice in your rodeo arena…Now the real season starts and we all know that the *purs will not get past Denver or OKC…

from the fan base that cheers on opposing injuries! :lmao

yeah doesnt feel good does it, believe me manu was playing on half an ankle while "the machine" shut him down lol funny how manu bitched his ass that next year. eventually you guys found out the dude was playing bonner defense on an injured player and bragging about it.:lol and you guys were saying we were just making excuses, i bet you dont recall that..

so why dont you quit making excuses for your sorry ass team, its okay to know tim duncans going to get his 5th while destroying kobes chances of having his 6th and 2nd three peat .

pathetic kobe & his life goal of copying everything jordan and saying he doesnt look up to him what a piece of shit!! no ones really saying anything bad were just saying .wow sucks for you guys! you guys talk shit about our old duncan falling apart when your future is in bynums brittle knees. see ya in the playoffs
:flag: bitch

alchemist
04-13-2011, 09:44 AM

http://i51.tinypic.com/4kxwsg.jpg

wontstartdumbthreads
04-13-2011, 09:55 AM
from the fan base that cheers on opposing injuries! :lmao

yeah doesnt feel good does it, believe me manu was playing on half an ankle while "the machine" shut him down lol funny how manu bitched his ass that next year. eventually you guys found out the dude was playing bonner defense on an injured player and bragging about it.:lol and you guys were saying we were just making excuses, i bet you dont recall that..

so why dont you quit making excuses for your sorry ass team, its okay to know tim duncans going to get his 5th while destroying kobes chances of having his 6th and 2nd three peat .

pathetic kobe & his life goal of copying everything jordan and saying he doesnt look up to him what a piece of shit!! no ones really saying anything bad were just saying .wow sucks for you guys! you guys talk shit about our old duncan falling apart when your future is in bynums brittle knees. see ya in the playoffs
:flag: bitch

I nominate this for Post of the Year in the "Best Response to Laker Fan" category.

Bruno
04-13-2011, 10:25 AM
We will see what the results will be. They say it's nothing serious but he has a long injury history with his knees.

An healthy Bynum is damn important for Lakers. He is what turn them into a great team. Without him they are just a very good team like Mavs, Spurs or Thunder.

Man In Black
04-13-2011, 10:42 AM
So glad all of you have an MD* after your name and can make such premature statements with such authority without even taking doing an exam, talking with Bynum or the LAL medical staff, or having access to his imaging studies (MRI that is planned, and possibly other) or at least his radiographs!

(*I do, have been a team physician for many teams including a number of games at Cole H.S. when Shaq was thre; and would not and could not - bottom line, no way to tell at this point, you may be proven right but . . .)

I can tell you that doing all those hours on the field and training room to become a certified Athletic Trainer gives me some basis to feel fairly confident about my early evaluation on Bynum. I could be proven wrong with the MRI but IMHO, it would take a superhuman structure and a great dose of pure luck for that kind of hyper-extension to not have caused any kind of damage.

2Cleva
04-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Hearing a lot of positive things out of LA. Looks like Bynum dodged another bullet.

The Truth #6
04-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah, or collapsing someone's lung with an elbow.:rolleyes

That was sarcasm. Relax.

gospursgojas
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Fuck that.

The Lakers are the cockiest collection of players I've ever seen. They've been talking shit all year about how they will turn it on when they want to. they've coasted on an early easy schedule, played uninspired most of the year, and now that there are 2 games left in the season they've got to play the starters just to get a top three seed.

Fuck the Lakers. They deserve this for being so cocky thinking they can coast through the West to a high seed and having to play their starters all 82 games. If they would have played with any heart this year instead of just acting like they own the NBA, they would have their starters on the bench for this game. I have no pity at all and couldn't care less if Bynum comes back or not.

Great post. FTL. Shit happens.

DJ Mbenga
04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
I remind LAL that Bynum said the same thing in 2008. He wasn't much of factor that year for the playoffs and the C's got the title.

much of a factor? he wasnt a factor. he didnt play a second in the playoffs.

Cane
04-13-2011, 02:16 PM
At this point I'd be more worried about the chicken pox since I think Bynum will play through knee pain in the playoffs which he has been doing even in their great run earlier in the season.

xtremesteven33
04-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Bynums gonna try and play through the pain but now hes going to be a target for opposing teams. His ability to defend the pick and roll now with a banged up knee will be an issue. He wont be as agile so hell probably get into fould trouble more. That is if the referees dont feel sorry for the Lakers

Sportcamper
04-14-2011, 10:40 AM
It’s like…You just knew some Zen Karma thing was going to happen after some of you Spurs posters were laughing at Andrew Bynum’s injury…Stay classy *purs fans…:toast