PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Jon Kyl lies on Senate Floor, then gets PWNED

DMX7
04-12-2011, 11:01 PM
It was a remark seemingly made for late-night TV comics: Sen. Jon Kyl's claim that abortion is "well over 90% of what Planned Parenthood does."

When the actual figure turned out to be 3%, his office released a statement clarifying that Kyl's figure was "not intended to be a factual statement."

Enter Stephen Colbert. The Comedy Central host lampooned the line on last night's show... but it turns out he was just getting started.

Colbert, tweeting as @StephenAtHome, began posting some not-so-factual statements about Kyl, beginning with "Jon Kyl is one of Gaddafi's sexy female ninja guards #NotIntendedToBeAFactualStatement." Since then, he's launched more than 30 such broadsides, all bearing that exculpatory hashtag, including:

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/12/stephen-colberts-not-factual-hashtagging/

greyforest
04-13-2011, 02:32 AM
The fact that comedian Stephen Colbert is the only major media outlet reporting how flagrantly outrageous this comment is very clearly displays the synergistically corrupt relationship of all major news media and the government.

Winehole23
04-13-2011, 03:40 AM
(I thought Stewart riffed on Jon Kyl too. JS still counts as a major purveyor of fake news, no?)

greyforest
04-13-2011, 04:17 AM
Stewart and Colbert are practically the same entity so yeah, I neglected to mention him.

The point is, if the news was doing what it was supposed to it would basically force this man to resign.

Winehole23
04-13-2011, 04:26 AM
For better and for worse, there are few negative consequences for telling brazen lies or even for offering lame justifications.

Journalists have by and large abdicated the search for truth in favor of ideological balance -- now we can make more informed decisions between competing lies.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Any reporter worth his/her salt needs to ask Kyl if anything he says from now on intended to be a factual statement.

boutons_deux
04-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Kyl typifies a large number of lying, slandering, rabble-rousing, fantasy-spewing, outrageous assholes on the right that has no equivalent anywhere else in politics.

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2011, 09:20 AM
So they only spend 3% of their time actually scraping fetuses?

DarrinS
04-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Important news. The MSM needs to spend a 24-hour news cycle on it. Thanks. :sleep

Drachen
04-13-2011, 09:32 AM
So they only spend 3% of their time actually scraping fetuses?

... and 0% of federal funds. Strange since many republicans wanted to cut off funding for abortion by going after planned parenthood. You would think law makers would know that it's against the law for planned parenthood to use federal funding for abortion.

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
And whats wrong with planned parenthood killing those poor minorities babies?

DMX7
04-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Ouch, I can tell this one got under the repugs skin. They usually try to defend the non-sense but now they're just sputtering in every direction trying to downplay their lies.

CosmicCowboy
04-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Ouch, I can tell this one got under the repugs skin. They usually try to defend the non-sense but now they're just sputtering in every direction trying to downplay their lies.

If you are referring to me, I'm OK with abortion and Roe v Wade.

George Gervin's Afro
04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Ok No!

jacksommerset hates liars..but he's ok with lying just as long as barry isn't the one doing it..

fraga
04-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Daily Show Clip. (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-april-11-2011/countdown-to-the-next-countdown---jon-kyl-lies-about-planned-parenthood)

George Gervin's Afro
04-13-2011, 12:37 PM
What's wierd is that this story is neither on Drudge or Fox News..

Wild Cobra
04-13-2011, 12:45 PM
What's wierd is that this story is neither on Drudge or Fox News..
Could it be made up?

I don't care what percentage goes to abortion among the fact that the federal government should not be paying for murder. Make it zero.

Something else that bothers me. Why are the feds involved in everything. What ever happened to the republic?

ChumpDumper
04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Could it be made up?:rolleyes

I don't care what percentage goes to abortion among the fact that the federal government should not be paying for murder. Make it zero.It is zero.

Something else that bothers me. Why are the feds involved in everything. What ever happened to the republic?Slavery was ended a long time ago.

coyotes_geek
04-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Could it be made up?

If it were made up his office wouldn't have put out a statement about it now would they?

Wild Cobra
04-13-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure the 90% number is what they council on. Not what they pay out.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty sure the 90% number is what they council on. Not what they pay out.Why do you insist on making yourself look even more stupid?

Winehole23
04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
He don't know when he's beat. Sen. Kyl's uber-lame cop out should've tipped him off.

LnGrrrR
04-13-2011, 01:21 PM
WC with his usual schtick, take a stance and demand copious amounts of evidence from the other side.

Typical WC argument: I think dragons DID exist. Prove me wrong!

coyotes_geek
04-13-2011, 01:23 PM

Why not just admit that Kyl was talking out of his ass and got called on it? He's not the first and he certainly won't be the last.

If your sense of political scorekeeping and red team pride demand it, feel free to point out someone on blue team doing the same and call it a draw.

You'll certainly look less foolish than trying to justify Kyl's remarks or question whether or not they actually occurred.

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2011, 01:27 PM

http://www.audioandanarchy.com/images/smilies/fack.png

FromWayDowntown
04-13-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't care what percentage goes to abortion among the fact that the federal government should not be paying for murder.

So there should be no federal involvement in carrying death penalties?

Wild Cobra
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM
I have no problem with federal death penalties in federal death cases.

Just how can you convict an unborn life though?

George Gervin's Afro
04-13-2011, 01:59 PM

logic is a m*therfucker

FromWayDowntown
04-13-2011, 03:34 PM
I have no problem with federal death penalties in federal death cases.

Just how can you convict an unborn life though?

Of course you don't.

lazerelmo
04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Actually the payout is more like 60% but PP loves to throw around that 3% number.

Look, we handed out 10 million flyers thereby servicing 10 million women so the 300K abortions we did last year was only about 3% of our operation.

greyforest
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM

No. 90% is a number that man pulled out of his ass and it was extremely wrong.

He admitted he was wrong after being called on it by stating that his statement wasn't intended to be a factual statement.

Cmon WC, be reasonable! You know this guy is full of shit.

coyotes_geek
04-13-2011, 04:14 PM
It still completely baffles me why Kyl's office would issue the "not intended to be factual" statement. There's 1000 different things to say that would have been better than that. Say he mixed up some numbers. Say he was confused. Say he misintrepreted data. Say anything other than basically admitting he wasn't intending to be factual. Even Hillary's "misremembering" line was better and her line was complete bullshit.

TeyshaBlue
04-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Inscribed on Kyl's rear view mirror:

Objects may be closer than they appear. This mirror is not intended to be factual.

What a fucknugget.

z0sa
04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
It still completely baffles me why Kyl's office would issue the "not intended to be factual" statement. There's 1000 different things to say that would have been better than that. Say he mixed up some numbers. Say he was confused. Say he misintrepreted data. Say anything other than basically admitting he wasn't intending to be factual. Even Hillary's "misremembering" line was better and her line was complete bullshit.

Considering how stupid both the initial comment and the response were, one can only assume a single person is responsible for both.

MannyIsGod
04-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Wild Cobra and Darrin are the two worst posters on this forum and its not even close. Look at this shit. Its sad because the forum is actually got a decent amount of open minds at the moment but these two monkeys always seem to manage slinging poo on everything.

CuckingFunt
04-13-2011, 07:24 PM
It's just... staggering.

ManuBalboa
04-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Girls not being able to control their own vaginas should not be the governments problem.

z0sa
04-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Girls not being able to control their own vaginas should not be the governments problem.

I don't think two vaginas are involved in the making of a baby. At least, usually not. ;)

ManuBalboa
04-13-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't think two vaginas are involved in the making of a baby. At least, usually not. ;)

Re-institute the chopping off of hands for stealing, only not for hands and not for stealing. (not srs....semi srs)

If it's a rape involved pregnancy, the govt. abortion bill better be coupled with a rape case conviction so every sancha doesn't leech on. Take all rape daddy's and force them into slave labor doing something productive to pay for the abortion. (srs)

DMX7
04-13-2011, 08:02 PM
The federal government does not pay for abortion. It is illegal for the federal government to pay for or subsidize abortion. Killing Planned Parenthood is just a social issue disguised as a budget concern.

ChumpDumper
04-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Some dumb motherfuckers on this board.

TE
04-14-2011, 05:32 AM

:lol

George Gervin's Afro
04-14-2011, 06:00 AM

some stand out more than others

Spurminator
04-14-2011, 07:43 AM
This seems like another test for lowering the bar to see just what kind of bullshit the American people will put up with. Kyl should be skewered for this. Instead, most people don't know or don't care... and of those that do know and care, half of them are making excuses for him because he plays ball for their team.

We now have a precedent that claims about percentages and funding made on the Senate floor don't actually have to be grounded in facts. Nice work, America.

George Gervin's Afro
04-14-2011, 08:12 AM
This seems like another test for lowering the bar to see just what kind of bullshit the American people will put up with. Kyl should be skewered for this. Instead, most people don't know or don't care... and of those that do know and care, half of them are making excuses for him because he plays ball for their team.

We now have a precedent that claims about percentages and funding made on the Senate floor don't actually have to be grounded in facts. Nice work, America.

Don't forget the number one cable news station never reported on it...