PDA

View Full Version : Bonner in with Blair - game over sadly

Rummpd
04-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Unless a miracle occurs Pop has figured out the one way to screw up the beautiful play of the scrubs tonight with likely a bad ending with Bonner in there down the stretch - even if Bonner can hit a miracle 3 or two. Sigh.

MannyIsGod
04-13-2011, 12:02 AM
There's this thing called the game blog. You don't need to start a new thread everytime you have a new thought.

Just sayin.

DesignatedT
04-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Actually the game was a lot closer until Splitter and Novak checked in for Bonner and Blair...... tbh

itzsoweezee
04-13-2011, 12:09 AM
well this post didn't go the way the op expected. splitter playing terrible right now.

Capt Bringdown
04-13-2011, 12:28 AM
The turd towers will prove to be the Spurs undoing. You might as well fit them for matador capes.

We used to have a coach who valued defense and basketball fundamentals over gimmicks.

Rummpd
04-13-2011, 04:43 AM
Bonner was in when the momentum changed IMO as LAL went in easy - Splitter did not have his most effective night but the game swung when LAL drained outside shots, not because of anything inside and Spurs bricked a ton of open shots on other end.

Give me Splitter over Bonner especialy when Bonner paired with Blair against taller lineups any day.

The fact Pop started Splitter and Blair and they played effectively for a major stretch together is good enough for me, Bonner actually was moderately effective on offense but no way he does anything else for the Spurs at any time except hustle - I give him that but he is just not tall enough or quick enough - Splitter at least brings height and more toughness (not that Bonner will not mix it up - he is just not physically as tough as Splitter and Splitter will get even better in the future)

ChumpDumper
04-13-2011, 04:44 AM
Isn't that what you got yesterday?

Rummpd
04-13-2011, 04:48 AM
Isn't that what you got yesterday?

Pop's rotations were somewhat strange in 4th - why not play what started the game for you over the whole quarter and leave it at that (or if going for the win on the road to also potentially bury LAL in the standings - bring in Parker, whom I believe was available, or at least Hill, Neal and anyone but Quinn and double down on defense on Kobe?

ChumpDumper
04-13-2011, 04:50 AM
You weren't talking about them.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-13-2011, 04:58 AM
Pop's rotations were somewhat strange in 4th - why not play what started the game for you over the whole quarter and leave it at that...?

Because they might have actually won and pushed LAL to 4th :lol