PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: Denver would 'easily' beat the Spurs in a second round series

rayjayjohnson
04-13-2011, 02:02 AM
Sir Charles on point as always.

slick'81
04-13-2011, 02:03 AM
too bad denve isnt getting outta the first

Sean Cagney
04-13-2011, 02:05 AM
LMFAO at using Charles as a key, he was a dumbass the whole NCCAA tourney and now he is right? HAHHAHAHA OKAY!!!

rayjayjohnson
04-13-2011, 02:05 AM
True.

OKC will sweep spurs for real

Amuseddaysleeper
04-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Nah, Spurs will beat OKC in 6 and then fall to the lakers in the wcf

rayjayjohnson
04-13-2011, 02:07 AM
LMFAO at using Charles as a key, he was a dumbass the whole NCCAA tourney and now he is right? HAHHAHAHA OKAY!!!

Now, I know there's talk about the over use of the term butthurt, but check out this example.

Cry Havoc
04-13-2011, 02:07 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5728864

San Antonio - With a 95-89 victory everybody else in basketball will regard as an upset, the Nuggets sent an unmistakable, undeniable message to Tim Duncan and the once-great San Antonio Spurs.

It's over for you.

It has been a great run by the Spurs, including three NBA championships, but it's done.

If Sunday's victory by the Nuggets in the postseason opener was so shocking, why didn't anyone in the visiting locker room look surprised?

After Denver claimed Game 1 in this best-of-seven series, someone asked center Marcus Camby if it was reason to party.

"We're not content," Camby insisted. "We ain't happy."

"That's what I'm talking about, M.C.," chimed in Jack Murphy, the team's video coordinator. "We're businessmen on a trip, here to do a job. We don't need to celebrate."

I'm not saying this series is over.

And the Nuggets certainly know better than to count out San Antonio.

"We know how serious it is," Nuggets point guard Allen Iverson said.

But what was revealed Sunday night is the Spurs are too thin, too gray and too vulnerable to be considered real threats to win it all.

So Denver might as well knock them out now and save San Antonio the inevitable disappointment down the road.

After Duncan clanked shot after shot under relentless defensive pressure by Nene, the normally unflappable San Antonio superstar was spied during the first half rubbing hands across his mug like a fuming child who could not believe what was happening to him.

"You're playing against a Hall of Fame player, and you can't stop a guy like that, all you can do is contain him," Iverson said of the intensity Nene employed to rattle Duncan. "Nene did a great job of just taking the challenge."

If Mr. Robot Face is what you normally see from Duncan, then his display of frustration means the Spurs are in real danger, Will Robinson.

After watching Carmelo Anthony and Iverson combine for 61 points, taking over at crunch time in a raucous arena, you must acknowledge Denver possesses as much or more talent than the Spurs.

There's only one Bruce Bowen, San Antonio's designated defensive pest, and he cannot be a gnat buzzing in the ears of Anthony and Iverson at the same time.

Once, as every bone in the body of San Antonio big-shot artist Robert Horry creaked as he raised himself from splatting on the floor, I swear you could see the AARP card slip from his pocket. The Spurs are old. They're ornery. They won't go quietly. But their roster has too much mileage to make a long playoff run.

Maybe the only thing really shocking about Denver's victory was how workmanlike it was.

Unlike two years ago, when the Nuggets teased us by stealing the opening playoff game in San Antonio when Andre Miller played out of his head and the Spurs missed 17 shots in a row, Denver has found a new formula capable of repeat success.

This time, the dream of winning a playoff series for the first time since 1994 is real.

Anthony and Iverson, not Duncan and Spurs point guard Tony Parker, were the best two players on the court.

It was the Nuggets who appeared more composed with the game on the line, going on an 11-0 run late in the fourth quarter to take control.

"We didn't panic," said Iverson, who started slowly only to score eight crucial points in the final period.

After trading for Iverson in December, it took so long for the Nuggets to find an identity and learn player roles that you worried they might run out of name tags.

"We had some struggles. But there's nothing you can do to fast-track things," Denver vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman said.

The pain of discovery is paying dividends now.

The Nuggets are no longer a classic running team. Those rainbow uniforms are in mothballs, and the soft running jumper of Alex English is a fading memory.

But, maybe, just maybe, Iverson has taught the Nuggets how to win the gutter fights and halfcourt battles in the dirty little wars that define playoff basketball.

What is that annoying chant fans scream incessantly in San Antonio's arena?

Go, Spurs, go.

And turn out the lights when you leave.

Sean Cagney
04-13-2011, 02:09 AM
Now, I know there's talk about the over use of the term butthurt, but check out this example.

When is the last TIME YOUR HOT team rolling into the playoffs beat the Spurs? Hmmmmmm, NEVER.

Fpoonsie
04-13-2011, 02:10 AM
:lmao

Wow. I actually remember that article and that writer from years back.

Musta' done a number on me, I reckon...

Sean Cagney
04-13-2011, 02:11 AM

San Antonio - With a 95-89 victory everybody else in basketball will regard as an upset, the Nuggets sent an unmistakable, undeniable message to Tim Duncan and the once-great San Antonio Spurs.

It's over for you.

It has been a great run by the Spurs, including three NBA championships, but it's done.

If Sunday's victory by the Nuggets in the postseason opener was so shocking, why didn't anyone in the visiting locker room look surprised?

After Denver claimed Game 1 in this best-of-seven series, someone asked center Marcus Camby if it was reason to party.

"That's what I'm talking about, M.C.," chimed in Jack Murphy, the team's video coordinator. "We're businessmen on a trip, here to do a job. We don't need to celebrate."

But what was revealed Sunday night is the Spurs are too thin, too gray and too vulnerable to be considered real threats to win it all.

So Denver might as well knock them out now and save San Antonio the inevitable disappointment down the road.

After Duncan clanked shot after shot under relentless defensive pressure by Nene, the normally unflappable San Antonio superstar was spied during the first half rubbing hands across his mug like a fuming child who could not believe what was happening to him.

"You're playing against a Hall of Fame player, and you can't stop a guy like that, all you can do is contain him," Iverson said of the intensity Nene employed to rattle Duncan. "Nene did a great job of just taking the challenge."

If Mr. Robot Face is what you normally see from Duncan, then his display of frustration means the Spurs are in real danger, Will Robinson.

After watching Carmelo Anthony and Iverson combine for 61 points, taking over at crunch time in a raucous arena, you must acknowledge Denver possesses as much or more talent than the Spurs.

There's only one Bruce Bowen, San Antonio's designated defensive pest, and he cannot be a gnat buzzing in the ears of Anthony and Iverson at the same time.

Once, as every bone in the body of San Antonio big-shot artist Robert Horry creaked as he raised himself from splatting on the floor, I swear you could see the AARP card slip from his pocket. The Spurs are old. They're ornery. They won't go quietly. But their roster has too much mileage to make a long playoff run.

Maybe the only thing really shocking about Denver's victory was how workmanlike it was.

Unlike two years ago, when the Nuggets teased us by stealing the opening playoff game in San Antonio when Andre Miller played out of his head and the Spurs missed 17 shots in a row, Denver has found a new formula capable of repeat success.

This time, the dream of winning a playoff series for the first time since 1994 is real.

Anthony and Iverson, not Duncan and Spurs point guard Tony Parker, were the best two players on the court.

It was the Nuggets who appeared more composed with the game on the line, going on an 11-0 run late in the fourth quarter to take control.

"We didn't panic," said Iverson, who started slowly only to score eight crucial points in the final period.

After trading for Iverson in December, it took so long for the Nuggets to find an identity and learn player roles that you worried they might run out of name tags.

"We had some struggles. But there's nothing you can do to fast-track things," Denver vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman said.

The Nuggets are no longer a classic running team. Those rainbow uniforms are in mothballs, and the soft running jumper of Alex English is a fading memory.

But, maybe, just maybe, Iverson has taught the Nuggets how to win the gutter fights and halfcourt battles in the dirty little wars that define playoff basketball.

Go, Spurs, go.

YES SIR, we all heard this before here!!

rayjayjohnson
04-13-2011, 03:25 AM
duncan is a couple of years closer to Parkinson's now though

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 03:27 AM
duncan is a couple of years closer to Parkinson's now though

Yep, Duncan is just an old tired shit bag.

Bill_Brasky
04-13-2011, 05:41 AM

It's over for you.

Go, Spurs, go.

:lmao

Agloco
04-13-2011, 08:07 AM

Kinda like the man in the mirror at your place?

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 10:20 AM
No. Your Duncan has the old tired shit bag look all to hisself.

ha, ha.

stretch
04-13-2011, 10:27 AM
From what I heard, Chuck said Dallas is still the best team in Texas, and he believes they can still possibly make a run at a championship. I didn't hear it myself though, that's just what I was told. Not that it means anything though.

I just wanna see a Mavs/Lakers playoff series, and I will be happy.

Leetonidas
04-13-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm sure Denver will win the first game in a closely contested match and then get their shit pushed in the next 4 games like always.

Agloco
04-13-2011, 10:52 AM
I luv me some Chuck, partly because he's not afraid to go out on a limb.

This limb broke though, and he's headed to ground quickly.

Kyle Orton
04-13-2011, 10:56 AM
From what I heard, Chuck said Dallas is still the best team in Texas, and he believes they can still possibly make a run at a championship.

Him saying it doesn't make anyone who believes it less stupid.

lol saying the Mavs are contenders

stretch
04-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Him saying it doesn't make anyone who believes it less stupid.

lol saying the Mavs are contenders

point is, Denver is not beating the Spurs easily. Denver isn't beating anyone.

21_Blessings
04-13-2011, 11:48 AM

So you'll be happy watching the Mavs get bounced from the postseason in a quick and dirty 5?

dbreiden83080
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Do people think the Spurs won 61 games by accident this year?

Man In Black
04-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Kiszla sucks.

21_Blessings
04-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Do people think the Spurs won 61 games by accident this year?

Do Spurs fans actually think that matters now...?

#41 Shoot Em Up
04-13-2011, 12:08 PM
My nigga rayjays boys would shit all over
SA. Chuck with the goods

Juggity
04-13-2011, 12:08 PM
So you mean to tell me that Charles "zero championships and consistently wrong" Barkley is making another unfounded prognostication? Stop the presses!

stretch
04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
So you'll be happy watching the Mavs get bounced from the postseason in a quick and dirty 5?

With no Bynum, id say they would be bounced in 6 instead of 5 tbh

dbreiden83080
04-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Do Spurs fans actually think that matters now...?

Being that good in the reg season and having guys on the team with rings should buy you respect. Do you think otherwise? Spurs may not win it all but to say they have no chance is fuckin stupid..

ohmwrecker
04-13-2011, 02:05 PM
It's cool that Barkley gets to be hammered on TV and say whatever nonsense sputters across his brain.

Agloco
04-13-2011, 02:06 PM
It's cool that Barkley gets to be hammered on TV and say whatever nonsense sputters across his brain.

He manages to sprinkle in the occasional pearl of wisdom though. It's just shocking enough to keep the routine seemingly fresh.

DJ Mbenga
04-13-2011, 02:13 PM
rayjayjohnson is entering into annoying territory ala kool, luva and chrisrichards midnightpulp.

ohmwrecker
04-13-2011, 02:16 PM
He manages to sprinkle in the occasional pearl of wisdom though. It's just shocking enough to keep the routine seemingly fresh.

When you say everything you think, unfiltered by logic, reality or shame, then a small percentage of it will be brilliant. Law of averages.

Budkin
04-13-2011, 02:17 PM
From what I heard, Chuck said Dallas is still the best team in Texas, and he believes they can still possibly make a run at a championship. I didn't hear it myself though, that's just what I was told. Not that it means anything though.

If Barkley picks someone to win, they lose.

stretch
04-13-2011, 02:28 PM
If Barkley picks someone to win, they lose.

Actually, Barkley correctly picked the Spurs and Lakers to win it all a number of times tbqh.

Greg Oden
04-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Barkley knows what he's talking about.

:cry but he didnt' win a title, what does he know :cry

KillerMamba
04-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Chuck always makes assumptions on the Lakers based on late regular season play, despite them always proving him wrong in the playoffs. He is simply incorrect here.

irishock
12-14-2013, 12:30 AM

Gotdamn :lol Cully's first time using TOSB, known as OTSB at the time

rayjayjohnson
12-14-2013, 01:46 AM
lul wut?