PDA

View Full Version : Proud of the bench

Zero_Twilight
04-13-2011, 05:43 AM
Just finished watching this game because of a blackout on league pass...

Wow! I'm proud of these guys! These guys were NOT intimidated in no way,shape or form and marched down to Babylon banging war drums.

If you were to tell people that this group of guys can hang with the Lakers during the pre-season, they would've laughed in your face and kicked you in the nuts. Yet, here we are...

That group at the 7 minute mark in the fourth quarter; with Quinn, Neal, Green, Novak, and Blair got loose!! Kobe was frustrated, pouting like a princess. One flew over the Cuckoo's nest and it was here when the calls went in favor of the Lakers.

James Anderson had power - enough to get to the rim at will but he couldn't finish. Ice man should teach this kid how to finger roll. Looks promising.

Great game. If Memphis truly tanked to match up with the Spurs...they are in for a rude rude awakening.

++SaiNt TiAg0++
04-13-2011, 06:03 AM
well said my friend i honestly believe last night was more of a confidence booster than anything did you see how excited timmy got? was awesome.

as usual people in here hating when tiago doesnt score a double double, that game had neal/tiago/blair's sweat all over it lets not forget our little guy quinn oh yeah green showed some damn good talent last night. first time in a long time i walked away smiling when we g0t the L :hat

slacker77
04-13-2011, 07:47 AM
well said my friend i honestly believe last night was more of a confidence booster than anything did you see how excited timmy got? was awesome.

as usual people in here hating when tiago doesnt score a double double, that game had neal/tiago/blair's sweat all over it lets not forget our little guy quinn oh yeah green showed some damn good talent last night. first time in a long time i walked away smiling when we g0t the L :hat

+1.This is exactly the way I felt.Even though we lost,I couldn't help but smile and feel nothing but pride for the bench.

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Yep, you guys rolled over nicely.

silverblackfan
04-13-2011, 07:53 AM
I also enjoyed the game a lot. The bench played well and kept it tight until the 4th quarter, just did not have enough clutch at the end. LA played its starters a lot longer than one would expect.
Tim was loving it and the bench got some good experience against the best.

bus driver
04-13-2011, 08:45 AM
:toast

the spurs bench has put up good fights against quality teams
:flag:

lazerelmo
04-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Our bench tied at half time with Lakers' starters.

That was priceless.

Dex
04-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Our bench tied at half time with Lakers' starters.

That was priceless.

Hell, our bench was tied with the Lakers' starters with 6 minutes left to go. And it's not like they were just shooting out of their minds, either.

If the Spurs shoot 5% better for the game, they have a good chance to take that one.

Great effort by the bench. :toast

DMC
04-13-2011, 11:46 AM
It was a good effort by a group that rarely if ever plays together at the same time, especially for extended minutes without having a huge lead or deficit.

I did feel like they got away from their game several times though. Instead of moving the ball, they would start the one on one stuff and they are no matchup for a starting squad in the West, nevermind the Lakers starters. They did well when they moved the ball, other than Neal's quick stop and pop shots.

Kobe's chucking kept the Spurs in it for a while.

I thought Green did pretty well, didn't look bad at all. He didn't seem intimidated. I guess playing around the hype surrounding Lebron tempered him a bit to it.

I was disappointed (not surprised though) at RJ and Hill's effort. They seemed to be taking the night off. The fact that Pop put RJ out there in the first place should be a sign to him that he's not that valuable.

Anonymous Cowherd
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
let's remember that it wasn't simply our bench vs. their starters - they played their starters more than we played our bench!

Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Fisher and Odom all played more minutes than any of single one of our 2nd string

xtremesteven33
04-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Great call by Pop to show trust in his bench and giving them the experience against the Lakers without fear of being pulled. This is what they needed. Splitter showed he can defend without fouling too much and showed he can out hustle Gasol.

Blair showed he can still make an impact against bigger frontcourts. Bonner showed he isnt completely useless against the Lakers. Neal showed he isnt afraid to launch 3's with a hand in his face. And Novak again proves hes a deadly sniper from 3.

Really fun game to watch.

8FOR!3
04-13-2011, 12:52 PM
I like what I see out of James Anderson, he's having a hard time getting the ball in the basket, but he's getting open looks, can create a shot, make something out of nothing, and he'll be a solid solid defender when he's more comfortable. I'm interested in what he'll bring to the table next year.