PDA

View Full Version : Bynum injury

romain.star
04-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Do you honestly hope his injury is not too serious??

romain.star
04-13-2011, 06:25 AM
we're not french

yes indeed

mudyez
04-13-2011, 06:45 AM

yes sir!
honestly!

G-Dawgg
04-13-2011, 07:19 AM
I hate the Lakers. I'd celebrate if Bynum's season was done. I don't care what anybody thinks about that either.

tim210g
04-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Hope he has career endin surgery..

Rummpd
04-13-2011, 08:19 AM
yes LAL not getting out of West with or without Bynum and want no excuses and he has also worked hard on rehab - let them be beat at full strength!

hsxvvd
04-13-2011, 08:31 AM
i hate the lakers. I'd celebrate if bynum's season was done. I don't care what anybody thinks about that either.

+1

Proxy
04-13-2011, 08:31 AM
I hate the Lakers. I'd celebrate if Bynum's season was done. I don't care what anybody thinks about that either.

You're a coward

703 Spurz
04-13-2011, 08:49 AM

Fuck him and that entire franchise

Fireball
04-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Karma is a bitch ... so hopefully its not that serious

Jimcs50
04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
I hope it is not too serious. I don't want him to die or anything.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Karma is a bitch ... so hopefully its not that serious

Bynum's injury is the RESULT of Karma.
Goooooo Karma!

E-RockWill
04-13-2011, 09:41 AM
....lowers head in disbelief....

romain.star
04-13-2011, 09:46 AM
yes LAL not getting out of West with or without Bynum and want no excuses and he has also worked hard on rehab - let them be beat at full strength!

The Spurs chances against a healthy Bynum/Gasol duo are close to 0% on a 7 games serie.

guzmangm
04-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Hell ya, better them than the Spurs! Lord knows the Spurs have faced their fair share of injuries; 2000 Duncan, Ginobili broken nose, Ginobili ankle, Parker... The Lakers have been far too lucky of late, they wouldn't of won without the Perkins injury last year. A Yao-less Rockets team, Kobe being able to play with a broken index? C'mon!!!

guzmangm
04-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Jacked up playoff schedules, broken planes...
Seriously enough is enough basketball gods!

wontstartdumbthreads
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Hell ya, better them than the Spurs! Lord knows the Spurs have faced their fair share of injuries; 2000 Duncan, Ginobili broken nose, Ginobili ankle, Parker... The Lakers have been far too lucky of late, they wouldn't of won without the Perkins injury last year. Kobe being able to play with a broken index? C'mon!!!

Don't forget that in 2001, Lakers got to play the Spurs without Derek Anderson.

JR3
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Absolutely YES! I would like to beat the lakers at full strength BUT if you think about all the years we would have repeated if we were healthy? I don't feel sorry for them one bit! They have won championships with us being unhealthy, so why not let it be our turn! I'll take it.

JR3
04-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Don't forget that in 2001, Lakers got to play the Spurs without Derek Anderson.

Exactly - I remember that team - we were dang good. Anderson fit our system well and was the slasher we needed. I think if he had stayed with the spurs, his career would have not gone down the drain.

wontstartdumbthreads
04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Exactly - I remember that team - we were dang good. Anderson fit our system well and was the slasher we needed. I think if he had stayed with the spurs, his career would have not gone down the drain.

I agree. They were very tough with Anderson. He was a key player on that team and to my recollection, was playing great when he got injured.

Man In Black
04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Some creative LAL fans made this video in an attempt to cheer their brethren up.
LpYi2SL__SM

wontstartdumbthreads
04-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Some creative LAL fans made this video in an attempt to cheer their brethren up.
LpYi2SL__SM

:lol:lol:lol
Ok, that was well done. LMAO.

Fireball
04-13-2011, 10:09 AM
i think this is the scene where Pop tells him to undercut Gasol or crash into his knee ... Dejuan just took out the wrong guy

hater
04-13-2011, 10:11 AM
It is what it is. It's Bynum, it was bound to happen like it's bound the sun comes up every morning.

It's evident it's not a serious injury, but Bynum will not be close to 100% for the 1st round at least. and that means a dead dog tired Gasol throughout the playoffs. Lakers chances took a big hit last nite.

41times
04-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Nobody remembers the injuries years later just the Trophy

2002-2003 Spurs win the Championship

Perhaps the best team that year were the Kings? Chris Webber goes down with what was likely a career ending or almost career ending injury against the Mavs right in front of me. I could hear the pop of that knee. He was finished and so were the Kings although the series went 7 games.

WCF's Spurs vs. Mavs. Dirk goes down with 8 minutes to go in game 3 with a knee injury and he was done and so were the Mavs.

Spurs, Mavs and Kings all 3 could have won the Championship that year. But injury killed 2 teams chances.

But nobody in San Antonio cares, nor should they. The Trophy is still just as shiney regardless of who was hurt and who wasn't.

guzmangm
04-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Absolutely YES! I would like to beat the lakers at full strength BUT if you think about all the years we would have repeated if we were healthy? I don't feel sorry for them one bit! They have won championships with us being unhealthy, so why not let it be our turn! I'll take it.

Thank you.

MadDog73
04-13-2011, 10:22 AM
For anybody wondering why Pop didn't play are starters... this is why.

In a way, the Lakers brought this on themselves. If they were in a better position, they could have rested as well, and we could have had a nice game of HORSE.

TwelveGs210
04-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Oh great, heres more material for Phil to throw at us for our newest "asterisk" championship.

Seriously though, when is this moron EVER healthy? We've been screwed outta playoffs due to injury before, they should be glad it isn't Kobe with the injury.

guzmangm
04-13-2011, 10:23 AM

Perhaps the best team that year were the Kings? Chris Webber goes down with what was likely a career ending or almost career ending injury against the Mavs right in front of me. I could hear the pop of that knee. He was finished and so were the Kings although the series went 7 games.

WCF's Spurs vs. Mavs. Dirk goes down with 8 minutes to go in game 3 with a knee injury and he was done and so were the Mavs.

Spurs, Mavs and Kings all 3 could have won the Championship that year. But injury killed 2 teams chances.

But nobody in San Antonio cares, nor should they. The Trophy is still just as shiney regardless of who was hurt and who wasn't.

I see that as karma for the Derek Anderson injury caused by Juwon Howard. But what you are saying is true. Nobody remembers second place. You NEED luck and skill. It would be great to settle all basketball arguments in a perfect world with no injuries or outside influences, but since that don't happen, better them than us!

Budkin
04-13-2011, 10:33 AM
I will never root for someone to be injured... bad Karma. However Bynum's done some really fucked up shit this season and Karma came back down on him hard.

Fpoonsie
04-13-2011, 11:22 AM

I agree. They were very tough with Anderson. He was a key player on that team and to my recollection, was playing great when he got injured.

Um. Nobody was beating the Lakers in '01. They managed to lose 1 game in the playoffs that year. ONE. The Spurs got swept outta the semis with relative ease. Anderson wasn't gonna do jack shit to affect that outcome.

If anything, Timmy's injury the year before was much more significant. The '00 LakeShow didn't look invincible THAT year...

wontstartdumbthreads
04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Um. Nobody was beating the Lakers in '01. They managed to lose 1 game in the playoffs that year. ONE. The Spurs got swept outta the semis with relative ease. Anderson wasn't gonna do jack shit to affect that outcome.

If anything, Timmy's injury the year before was much more significant. The '00 LakeShow didn't look invincible THAT year...

Who's to say. We'll never know how they would have done with Anderson. Just like we'll never be able to look back (assuming Bynum is out and Lakers lose) and say with certainty that the Lakers would have won IF Bynum played.
I think my main point being that years from now, only fans of the losing teams will be mentally putting asterisks by championships due to injuries (or bad calls, or strike shortened seasons or whatever).

Budkin
04-13-2011, 02:02 PM
That was the most disappointing series ever. It was being touted as one of the great matchups of all time and we just got our asses curb stomped. The only game that was even close was game 1, and Kobe just roasted our asses the whole series.

rmt
04-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Injuries are part of the game. SA has had its share of injuries. No sympathy here.

Cane
04-13-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm more worried about the Lakers infecting any of the Spurs and other Western conference playoffs teams with chicken pox already... :wow:wow:wow:wow

But in the end I don't wish injury or illness when it comes to family entertainment like the NBA. I just wish Wins for the Spurs :flag:

z0sa
04-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Dude hasn't stayed healthy and has had multiple surgeries. What happened, everyone expected to some degree, and has happened before. No reason to feel angry as LA or happy as anyone else, it's just to be expected from someone with obvious injury problems.

duncan228
04-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks for all the love and support! I'm feeling better then expected, getting therapy now. I will check back in once I get the results!

G-Dawgg
04-13-2011, 08:46 PM
You're a coward
Oh yeah? Well I sure as hell am not afriad of you're bitch-made ass.....

yavozerb
04-13-2011, 08:56 PM

Oh yeah? Well I sure as hell am not afriad of you're bitch-made ass.....

:lol, thought you didnt care.....

G-Dawgg
04-13-2011, 10:16 PM
:lol, thought you didnt care.....
I don't. It's all gravy...

NewcastleKEG
04-13-2011, 10:41 PM

Strong post

Who knows if Lakers even get past Rockets if not for Yao's injury