PDA

View Full Version : Need an ASAP 411 on the M.I.A.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Okay, so I'm at this conference in Marco Island, FLA, about 1.5-2 hr away from Miami. I convinced some folks to drive over tonight to catch the game in a sports bar.

Anyone have some good recommendations for where to go?

Yes, I will be representin'.

Xolotl
06-06-2005, 05:06 PM
I dont know about hangouts but take a digital camera.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2005, 05:08 PM
I don't know Miami well enough to give you any advice. Someone here should know though.

Solid D
06-06-2005, 05:09 PM
At first, I thought you wanted to know info on Mark In Austin. :lol

Sorry, no recommendations. I do like Joe's Stone Crab though.

SPARKY
06-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Miami is the city that you know don't sleep.

spurschick
06-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Call the local sports station in Miami - 790TheTicket - Phone: 954-989-3335
I'm sure they can give you some good suggestions.

nkdlunch
06-06-2005, 05:43 PM
fuck the game. Go to a strip club and get $10 lapdances

ShoogarBear
06-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Okay, the update on this.

We set out for Miami without any clear destination in mind. I only knew two areas of town from a trip there five years ago: Bayside and Miami Beach. We set out for Bayside, turns out that the new AA Arena is right next to it.

We ended up going to Bongo's to watch the game; it's a restaurant attached to the stadium owned by Gloria Estefan (we went there 'cause we figured she probably really needs the cash :rolleyes). There weren't very many people there, but the restaurant is cool (Cuban food, mmm-mmm!) with a near theater-sized big screen.

I was hoping for a Heat win because 1) they'd be an easier opponent and 2) there would be big-time post-game partying. I don't know if this has been discussed, but Keyon Dooling and Damon Jones are big-time chokers.

Anyway, after the game the mood was not good. As we were walking out of Bongo's we saw a lot of drivers yelling at each other as they were leaving the arena, running over cones, flipping off police, etc. Nothing like a bunch of ex-New Yorkers, Cubans, and Haitians in a county with a 50-to-1 handgun ratio.

We hung out at Bayside for a little while but it was sort of muted and as it got late couldn't talk folks into South Beach (Miami women, mmm-mmm!).

SpursWoman
06-09-2005, 08:17 AM
check your PM's SB! :lol

Mark in Austin
06-09-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm here, huckleberry.

:lol