PDA

View Full Version : Serious Info On Tickets

nbascribe
06-06-2005, 05:59 PM
This is for all of those who are seriously looking for tickets.

I just purchased two tickets for my parents goning through the Spurs' ticket exchange for Thursday's game. Now they cost me about $400 and some change total but there are tickets available if you can afford them and don't mind sitting in the 'nose bleed' section.

Also check stubhub.com...saw some 'reasonable' prices on tickets. check it out and good luck.

GM

tlongII
06-06-2005, 06:06 PM
200 bucks for a seat in the nosebleed section??? Crazy!

Big Pimp_21
06-06-2005, 06:09 PM
I'll be fine with my couch, my dog, and a beer that doesn't cost $6.

N.Y. Johnny
06-06-2005, 06:24 PM
On StubHub, its funny one of those Weasels selling nosebleeds close to the last row tells you they're "SIDELINE!" seats!! :lmao sure they are....in Section 206 near the Rafters up there with the guy working the Spotlights for the SBC Center. $225 a piece its a real bargain though :lol

SpursWoman
06-06-2005, 06:29 PM
On StubHub, its funny one of those Weasels selling nosebleeds close to the last row tells you they're "SIDELINE!" seats!! :lmao sure they are....in Section 206 near the Rafters up there with the guy working the Spotlights for the SBC Center. $225 a piece its a real bargain though :lol

Don't laugh...Saturday (Ticketmaster frustration driven I assume), those seats were selling for more than $500...with 30+ bids on them.

That's seriously messed up. :wow

N.Y. Johnny
06-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Don't laugh...Saturday (Ticketmaster frustration driven I assume), those seats were selling for more than $500...with 30+ bids on them.

That's seriously messed up. :wow

Ohhh I know! I was laughing at how ludicrous it is that $250 is Really a bargain compared to other ridiculous prices out there! damn! I'm almost tempted to buy some there for the prices I see on StubHub, but i have already decided to commit myself to going to World Cup 2006 and a trip to Germany, so i'd rather save me the 200+ bucks for stuff over there...:lol now all i hope for is that Italy qualifies for the tournament or I'm screwed :elephant

Mr Dio
06-06-2005, 07:15 PM
200 bucks for a seat in the nosebleed section??? Crazy!

Ya gotta have a team in the Finals to know the feeling.

Shelly
06-06-2005, 07:22 PM
we got two tickets for under $600 section 126 row 34 off of ebay.

hey! it's the FINALS!

Gatita
06-06-2005, 07:25 PM
$500 for a $9.95 ticket. Inflation. :(

reydawg
06-06-2005, 07:49 PM
$500 for a $9.95 ticket. Inflation. :(

I respectfully disagree, Gatita, et. al.

I see the escalation of ticket prices as a sign of something "crazy" alright - I think it's crazy that the Spurs/NBA would underprice these tickets so badly.

For all of you that say the league only cares about $$ and will screw the "real" fans at every opportunity, these $17 face values indicate otherwise. They've given everyone a chance (albeit a very small one) to see the NBA finals at a bargain rate. They could easily be charging $300 or $400 and reaping the profits themselves instead of allowing speculative ticket buyers and brokers to make $.

Does anybody agree with me?

exstatic
06-06-2005, 07:50 PM
we got two tickets for under $600 section 126 row 34 off of ebay.

hey! it's the FINALS!

That's actually not bad. Saw a pair of tix (200 section) advertised for $1100 in the EN classifieds.

rudy enriquez
06-06-2005, 08:31 PM
I respectfully disagree, Gatita, et. al.

I see the escalation of ticket prices as a sign of something "crazy" alright - I think it's crazy that the Spurs/NBA would underprice these tickets so badly.

For all of you that say the league only cares about $$ and will screw the "real" fans at every opportunity, these $17 face values indicate otherwise. They've given everyone a chance (albeit a very small one) to see the NBA finals at a bargain rate. They could easily be charging $300 or $400 and reaping the profits themselves instead of allowing speculative ticket buyers and brokers to make $.

Does anybody agree with me?

I agree, two years ago I was complaining about how the brokers ended up with all the finals tickets. Some kind person on this website told me of an email pool managed by a spurs fan. This guy was hooking up spurs fans with spurs fans. All you had to do is email him how much you were willing to pay for a ticket and he would forward you other emails of fans selling their tickets in that price range and their information. I ended up paying $80.00 for a ticket! Does anyone know if this still exist?? I do know this, I would rather let another fan make some extra money off their tickets, then pay these outragous prices from a ticket broker.