PDA

View Full Version : Bynum has bone bruise

PGDynasty24
04-13-2011, 03:47 PM
KevinDing KEVIN DING
Bynum has bone bruise but not any serious injury -- and projected by Lakers to be ready for playoff opener.
:toast

cheguevara
04-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Bynum will be back just in time to injure himself in the 1st round of the playoffs.

crc21209
04-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Last time they said one of his injuries wasnt serious, they kept pushing back his return date....

DeadlyDynasty
04-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Bynum will be back just in time to injure himself in the 1st round of the playoffs.

He's played in LA's last 40 playoff games, all through injury...but keep praying, cause a Bynum injury is the only chance SA has of competing with LA.

Good news, just hope he can get over it mentally and stay aggressive and we should be alright in the West. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

DeadlyDynasty
04-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Last time they said one of his injuries wasnt series, they kept pushing back his return date....

true, but that was the regular season.

cheguevara
04-13-2011, 03:56 PM
are lakerfans that delusional to ride their hopes and dreams on a guy with a jelly knee?

:rolleyes

TheManFromAcme
04-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Thank you God :worthy:

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 03:58 PM
are lakerfans that delusional to ride their hopes and dreams on a guy with a jelly knee?

We've rode it across consecutive Junes to 15 & 16.

Thank God.

TheManFromAcme
04-13-2011, 03:58 PM

I hope he doesn't get hurt but Manu's ankles aren't exactly rock solid either nor Timmy's knee for that matter.......just sayin.....:rolleyes

cheguevara
04-13-2011, 03:59 PM
We've rode it across consecutive Junes to 15 & 16.

Thank God.

not really. this year is different and you know it. These old lakers cannot survive without great play from Bynum. Last 2 years this was not the case.

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
not really. this year is different and you know it. These old lakers cannot survive without great play from Bynum. Last 2 years this was not the case.

It won't be Bynum, Che....It'll be Gasol. He has to carry his entire end of the log, and a portion of Kobe's.

It's him. It's Gasol.

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 04:02 PM
I hope he doesn't get hurt but Manu's ankles aren't exactly rock solid either nor Timmy's knee for that matter.......just sayin.....:rolleyes

That's "tomorrow", Acme.

We could not have had better news than this today.

LkrFan
04-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Great news.

LnGrrrR
04-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Congrats Lakerfans. You guys dodged a bullet. :) Now wish Shaq to get healthy while you're at it... :lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-13-2011, 04:06 PM

They don't need hopes and dreams to beat San Antonio...all they have to do is show up and they'll win. OKC and Miami are the teams we're going to need Bynum for.

TheManFromAcme
04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
That's "tomorrow", Acme.

We could not have had better news than this today.

:tu

4>0rings
04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Damage is done, it's always going to be in his mind this playoff series. He will play lax to extend his career. BANK IT!

stretch
04-13-2011, 04:09 PM
problem with bynum is any time he comes back from injury, he blows ass for 2 months. i doubt he will miss that much of a beat, but dont be suprised if he doesnt beast on the boards like he has been for the past month or two.

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 04:10 PM
They hid that last tear for months before owning up to it between the lines.

He could very well be compromised and they're going to just brazen it out.

LkrFan
04-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Congrats Lakerfans. You guys dodged a bullet. :) Now wish Shaq to get healthy while you're at it... :lol

I actually hope Snaq returns. With him in the lineup, you guys are the team to beat - in the east that is. So I want him to help get you guys to the Finals. That way the Lakers can send you guys to the tree of woe - part II - during the Timmy D era. :toast

DeadlyDynasty
04-13-2011, 04:11 PM
problem with bynum is any time he comes back from injury, he blows ass for 2 months. i doubt he will miss that much of a beat, but dont be suprised if he doesnt beast on the boards like he has been for the past month or two.

This. He plays tentatively after injuries, but hopefully this is different. Nothing was torn and he didn't need to be helped off the court. He even said the pain went away after awhile. We'll see...

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah, Shaq knows how to win when the proverbial "bootie holes be gettin' tight." And they'll ride him for 30+ mpg with his blessing. He knows this is his last best chance to ring. He's signed for next year, but, that's a bridge too far.

j.dizzle
04-13-2011, 04:16 PM
:wow Good news after a Bynum MRI? Whoever designed his custom brace needs to get laid tonight & then build him another one for his left knee just incase :lmao

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 04:18 PM
:wow Good news after a Bynum MRI? Whoever designed his custom brace needs to get laid tonight & then build him another one for his left knee just incase :lmao

Che's wife has peanut butter thighs. She'd be ideal for this brace builder.

Che?

yavozerb
04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Good news...Be very curious how he plays on that knee since this injury takes a very long time to heal and should be an issue for the entire playoffs. Then again, a 70% bynum is still better than most healthy big men.

DeadlyDynasty
04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, Shaq knows how to win when the proverbial "bootie holes be gettin' tight." And they'll ride him for 30+ mpg with his blessing. He knows this is his last best chance to ring. He's signed for next year, but, that's a bridge too far.

good war flick :tu

j.dizzle
04-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Good news...Be very curious how he plays on that knee since this injury takes a very long time to heal and should be an issue for the entire playoffs. Then again, a 70% bynum is still better than most healthy big men.

:lol issue for the entire playoffs? It took Gasol's soft ass 1 day to heal after his bone bruise vs Denver a week ago. He's got 3-4 full days to sit back & get treatment. If LA gets the Hornets than he doesnt even need to play in that series. :lmao

Budkin
04-13-2011, 04:30 PM
If the injury is not serious, what the hell is Bynum talking about here?

Bynum said if the Lakers were looking at Game 7 of the NBA Finals he could "probably play."

xtremesteven33
04-13-2011, 04:31 PM
A Bone Bruise is better than a tear but it is something to be concerned about.

z0sa
04-13-2011, 04:31 PM
:lol issue for the entire playoffs? It took Gasol's soft ass 1 day to heal after his bone bruise vs Denver a week ago. He's got 3-4 full days to sit back & get treatment. If LA gets the Hornets than he doesnt even need to play in that series. :lmao

Good to see lakerfan back to their pompous ass selves after all that weeping and crying and friendly fire during the injury's mystery hours.

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 04:32 PM
A Bone Bruise is better than a tear but it is something to be concerned about.

I bet it's torn, but, they're just going to go forth, with Bynum complicit.

Giuseppe
04-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Good to see lakerfan back to their pompous ass selves after all that weeping and crying and friendly fire during the injury's mystery hours.

We stood tall, Z. We all got into the sweat lodge and talked turkey. Kori came by with lemonade and cookies and gave us the dutch aunt treatment.

At O & 6 you guys showed your asses.

z0sa
04-13-2011, 04:35 PM
We stood tall, Z.

Nope. Don't even try it.

Let us proceed . . .

xtremesteven33
04-13-2011, 04:36 PM
This is really going to backfire on Kobe. Hes been banking on riding Gasol/Bynum for the playoff haul and now he might not be able too. He spent the last part of the season trying to win the MVP award and he ended up putting them in a potential #4 spot.

SourCandy
04-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Well great!

However this does not make it look easy going up against SA. It will be a hard match up...or any team for that matter. This could very well effect glassman's confidence. I think he was playing well cause he was feeling better and better. Now that he is hurt again he may play more cautiously or be worried he could slip or something. The other centers of the Nba will no doubt be more physical with him knowing he is a fucking jenga stack. The more he plays in the playoffs the better and more effective he will get. It maybe harder in the 1st round then the 2nd for Bynum. Hopefully they can get over the hump. I would very much like to see lakers and spurs go head to head full strength. I call bluff on any fan who does not have a respectable fear for the other team.

DMC
04-13-2011, 04:52 PM
He's played in LA's last 40 playoff games, all through injury...but keep praying, cause a Bynum injury is the only chance SA has of competing with LA.

Good news, just hope he can get over it mentally and stay aggressive and we should be alright in the West. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.
You jumped ship already... are you swimming back?

ElNono
04-13-2011, 04:59 PM

What's wrong with Manu's ankles?

ElNono
04-13-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm glad he's back.. I don't want excuses from lakerfan when they get outed in the 1st/2nd round...

Frenzy
04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Well great!

However this does not make it look easy going up against SA. It will be a hard match up...or any team for that matter. This could very well effect glassman's confidence. I think he was playing well cause he was feeling better and better. Now that he is hurt again he may play more cautiously or be worried he could slip or something. The other centers of the Nba will no doubt be more physical with him knowing he is a fucking jenga stack. The more he plays in the playoffs the better and more effective he will get. It maybe harder in the 1st round then the 2nd for Bynum. Hopefully they can get over the hump. I would very much like to see lakers and spurs go head to head full strength. I call bluff on any fan who does not have a respectable fear for the other team.

Spurs fan don't believe in excuses :)

What's wrong with Manu's ankles?

:lol

I think he ment the higher part of the Ankle sometimes called the knee...but I'm not really sure. We might have to get confirmation.

DeadlyDynasty
04-13-2011, 05:18 PM
You jumped ship already... are you swimming back?

My bet with lakaluva was that they would not 3-peat...the only team that scares me in the West is OKC. If Caron was healthy Dallas would be a legit concern too...the rest of the WC teams* play a vaginal brand of ball that doesn't translate well to the playoffs.

*I'll give Memphis props too

DMC
04-13-2011, 05:25 PM
My bet with lakaluva was that they would not 3-peat...the only team that scares me in the West is OKC. If Caron was healthy Dallas would be a legit concern too...the rest of the WC teams* play a vaginal brand of ball that doesn't translate well to the playoffs.

*I'll give Memphis props too

You are hedging your bets... You hope they win and if they do, the money is nothing. If they loose, the money you win is some solace (some).

There's not much risk it in now for you. If they win you get to ride the wagon, if they lose you can say you predicted it.

Nice.

DeadlyDynasty
04-13-2011, 05:28 PM
You are hedging your bets... You hope they win and if they do, the money is nothing. If they loose, the money you win is some solace (some).

There's not much risk it in now for you. If they win you get to ride the wagon, if they lose you can say you predicted it.

Nice.

I've made it no secret about my betting methods...I hedge them as often as I can :tu

In this case, I would love to fork over 2 bills to lakaluva...cause LAL would be champs again.

Killakobe81
04-13-2011, 05:30 PM
This is really going to backfire on Kobe. Hes been banking on riding Gasol/Bynum for the playoff haul and now he might not be able too. He spent the last part of the season trying to win the MVP award and he ended up putting them in a potential #4 spot.

Huh? Like he ever had a shot ...doubt that was his motive. Not saying his motives may not have still been selfish but trying to win MVP? LOL

DMC
04-13-2011, 05:30 PM
I've made it no secret about my betting methods...I hedge them as often as I can :tu

In this case, I would love to fork over 2 bills to lakaluva...cause LAL would be champs again.

Just pay him now, and if they lose he can refund your money. Actually have Kool_Aid Man hold it for you.

DeadlyDynasty
04-13-2011, 05:31 PM

Nice.

I'll take no satisfaction in that regard, tbh. The money will suffice and be of little solace. No need to gloat to fellow Laker fans

DMC
04-13-2011, 05:41 PM
You should donate it to the forum.

FkLA
04-13-2011, 07:21 PM
:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss: