PDA

View Full Version : UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami II

ace3g
04-13-2011, 07:02 PM
http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/UFC-134-poster.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/200/6/e/ufc_134_poster_by_aronian-d411y4z.jpg
http://www.txmma.com/wp-content/uploads/UFC134poster.jpg

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami (for middleweight title)
Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub
Edson Barboza vs. Ross Pearson
Luiz Cane vs. Stanislav Nedkov

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares
Dan Miller vs. Rousimar Palhares

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

David Mitchell vs. Paulo Thiago
Erick Silva vs. Luis Ramos*
Felipe Arantes vs. Yuri Alcantara
Yves Jabouin vs. Ian Loveland
Raphael Assuncao vs. Johnny Eduard

It is official now:

Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami on Tap for UFC Brazil in August
http://ht.ly/4zMX7

and rumor for now: Gomi vs Barboza at UFC Rio http://bit.ly/gRetjB

Stringer_Bell
04-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Both those fights should be great, but it'd be nice if a few other fights were possible...

Wanderlei vs Belfort
Aldo vs Florian

That'd be a totally stacked card with just those 4 fights

CubanSucks
04-13-2011, 09:30 PM
:sleep I wonder which way Silva will choose to knock him out. I guess it's gotta happen though. Just another name to put under the win column

dallaskd
04-14-2011, 01:27 AM
i will be in the building, book it

The TroutBum
04-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Okami?

LOL, wow.

Gay.

ace3g
04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio Rua Rematch to Take Place at UFC Rio Event

A rematch of the epic September 2007 matchup between Forrest Griffin and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will take place at the UFC's upcoming event in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, MMA Fighting has learned from sources with knowledge of the situation.

Early Friday morning, UFC president Dana White confirmed the bout to MMA Fighting.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/15/forrest-griffin-vs-mauricio-rua-rematch-to-take-place-at-ufc-ri/

Soul_Patch
04-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Heard Royce Gracie on Inside MMA last night talk about how he is scheduled to talk with Dana White & crew in a couple of weeks, about a possible appearance on this card, maybe fighting Matt Hughes?

CubanSucks
04-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Heard Royce Gracie on Inside MMA last night talk about how he is scheduled to talk with Dana White & crew in a couple of weeks, about a possible appearance on this card, maybe fighting Matt Hughes?

the first fight that got me into MMA :tu

dallaskd
04-16-2011, 05:13 PM
the first fight that got me into MMA :tu

nice. UFC 40: Shamrock vs Ortiz really got me really watching and the rest was history

CubanSucks
04-17-2011, 12:38 AM
nice. UFC 40: Shamrock vs Ortiz really got me really watching and the rest was history

I didn't watch it till it was on Spike. Before that I didn't know shit as simple as the difference between UFC and MMA. It's crazy how important UFC and Spike TV are to each other

BruceBowenFan
04-17-2011, 01:25 AM
Fuck yes, what makes this better is this lands on my birthday.

The TroutBum
04-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this card blows? Sorry, but I don't want to see a 90 year old Gracie get his shit ruined, again, or a bunch of other butt fuck Brazilians fight. This has my vote for, 'Gayer than Dallaskd' card.

cool cat
04-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Both those fights should be great, but it'd be nice if a few other fights were possible...

Wanderlei vs Belfort
Aldo vs Florian

That'd be a totally stacked card with just those 4 fights

You got me all excited. But it looks like florian fighting at UFC 131 and Wanderlei at UFC 132. I guess florian could fight again but Wanderlei probably not.

ace3g
05-04-2011, 03:14 PM
UFC NEWS "UFC Rio Gets A Brazilian Ring Card Girl" on BJPENN.COM: http://ning.it/jtE29h

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/714117/1867249-8953-atm14.jpg

Rousimar Palhares to compete at UFC: Rio, no opponent confirmed yet. http://sbn.to/m8oYAD

Thiago, Mitchell matched for UFC 'Rio' showdown - http://es.pn/j6e1V5

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami (for middleweight title)*
Maiquel Falcao vs. Tom Lawlor*
David Mitchell vs. Paulo Thiago*

* - Not officially announced

ace3g
05-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub Official For UFC 134 http://sbn.to/lSVqd3

dbreiden83080
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub Official For UFC 134 http://sbn.to/lSVqd3

Great

Another aging legend for that idiot Schaub to beat up on..

dallaskd
05-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Nog wins imo

Stringer_Bell
05-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Great

Another aging legend for that idiot Schaub to beat up on..

He's talking about deserving a title shot soon, but he doesn't realize he's still middle of the pack even with a KO of Big Nog. CroCop was busting him up before that freak KO, but Mir did the same thing. Unless it's by last minute KO, Nog will beat him even tho he's old and worn out.

dbreiden83080
05-17-2011, 09:55 AM
He's talking about deserving a title shot soon, but he doesn't realize he's still middle of the pack even with a KO of Big Nog. CroCop was busting him up before that freak KO, but Mir did the same thing. Unless it's by last minute KO, Nog will beat him even tho he's old and worn out.

Schaub is nowhere near a title shot. He's gotta beat Carwin or JDS to get that and they'd both wreck him..

strosFan2
05-17-2011, 10:29 AM
I think big Nog is a good opponent for Schaub. If he doesn't win, he doesn't deserve to move into the top 5 guys...it will be a good test with Nog being close to retirement already (hopefully)...

strosFan2
05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Schaub is nowhere near a title shot. He's gotta beat Carwin or JDS to get that and they'd both wreck him..

Agreed, Fat Nelson lit up Schaub and JDS did the same to Nelson...unless there is a drastic chin improvement, i don't see Schaub beating a top guy (JDS, Carwin, Brock, etc.)

dbreiden83080
05-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Agreed, Fat Nelson lit up Schaub and JDS did the same to Nelson...unless there is a drastic chin improvement, i don't see Schaub beating a top guy (JDS, Carwin, Brock, etc.)

Certain guys in the UFC annoy me when they are basically just gate-keeping and they keep talking themsleves up for title shots. Bisping has been doing this forever. Last elite fighter he fought was Hendo and we all rememeber how that went..

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/95/l_32797a2dbaf94159920564fde92c835d.gif

He thinks he is gonna get a shot beating up guys like Rivera and Akiyama. when guys like Sonnen (IF he ever gets licensed again) and Okami are well ahead of him..

Stringer_Bell
05-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Certain guys in the UFC annoy me when they are basically just gate-keeping and they keep talking themsleves up for title shots.

See, I actually don't mind them creating hype for themselves by saying they need a "title shot" or "#1 contender" fight...they gotta pay bills, get sponsors, AND I like seeing guys like him and Bisping get bitched out against quality fighters.

My problem is when fighters diminish other fighters, whether it be out of jealousy because someone else is higher on the food chain or in a lesser known promotion. Calling out dudes is a no-no and it deserves a bitch slappin - basically Bisping in every fight but recently haha.

dbreiden83080
05-17-2011, 05:50 PM
See, I actually don't mind them creating hype for themselves by saying they need a "title shot" or "#1 contender" fight...they gotta pay bills, get sponsors, AND I like seeing guys like him and Bisping get bitched out against quality fighters.

My problem is when fighters diminish other fighters, whether it be out of jealousy because someone else is higher on the food chain or in a lesser known promotion. Calling out dudes is a no-no and it deserves a bitch slappin - basically Bisping in every fight but recently haha.

All good points especially the 2nd part..

I just think some of these guys need to earn their spots a little more before they start yammering about title shots. Some guys talk just to cause trouble and because they have big ego's..

Although as i am saying this GSP once in the ring begged for a title shot.. :lol

ace3g
06-14-2011, 10:53 PM
UFC Rio Press Conference

Thursday, June 16
2:00PM EDT/11:00AM PDT
Rio de Janeiro

http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/event/press-conference/599

ace3g
06-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Featherweight Antonio Carvalho meets Yuri Alcantara at UFC 134 in Brazil http://bit.ly/ik6dEs

ace3g
06-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Official Poster for the Card, first shown at the press conference today

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lg1_x4UTGyA/TfqPsKSdolI/AAAAAAAABTk/9dPJptu7zCc/s1600/rio.jpg

Dana says Anderson is "the greatest mixed martial artist in history, period."

Some funny stuff from the press conference:

Dana just got asked why he brought UFC to Brasil-because of the best athletes, or the best girls with the "big ass"

Same guy tried to convince Dana to use one of the girls in the crowd as a ring girl

If Griffin wants a rematch against Silva for revenge. Griffin's response: "Pass."

Griffin is asked if he has any advice for Okami against Silva. "Whatever I did, don't do that!"

A Brazilian reporter's "question" to Anderson: "I know he beat you last time. You need to break him apart this time. Please." #UFC

Dana White: Chael Sonnen is nuts. (commenting on Chael talking about Brazil) #UFC

"I think we're the biggest sports franchise on earth." - Dana when asked if the UFC is worth 2 billion dollars.

bexMQBlXph4&feature=player_detailpage

ace3g
07-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Dan Miller Steps in to Face Rousimar Palhares at UFC 134 in Brazil http://ht.ly/5ykba #MMA #UFC @AMAFightClub

ace3g
08-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Injury forces Mike Swick out at UFC 134; replacement announcement expected shortly http://bit.ly/nLwC3e

polandprzem
08-05-2011, 04:46 AM
Damn I was waiting for Swick to fight

dbreiden83080
08-05-2011, 12:17 PM
If Griffin wants a rematch against Silva for revenge. Griffin's response: "Pass."

I know he is kinda kidding but still at that level of the game you don't hear those things ever.. Of course he can't beat Silva but still makes Forrest sound like he is content being a gate-keeper..

dallaskd
08-07-2011, 12:44 AM
I know he is kinda kidding but still at that level of the game you don't hear those things ever.. Of course he can't beat Silva but still makes Forrest sound like he is content being a gate-keeper..

V1R50LpFh_M

dbreiden83080
08-07-2011, 12:46 AM
V1R50LpFh_M

I have that saved to youtube

it's sad and funny.. Makes Forrest look like a 2nd rate fighter but funny..

Sokoudjou
08-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Anderson talks fighting Jon Jones and GSP... and says BJ Penn is the best fighter in MMA today.

sQPk2Bz5Tto

The TroutBum
08-07-2011, 05:06 AM
B.J. Penn? Bwahahaha... That's almost as rich as, "Soak-a-Pooh will be the next UFC LHW Champion!"

dallaskd
08-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Frankie Edgar is probably sitting there next to Anderson thinking, "ive beat Bj penn twice"

ace3g
08-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Official Promo for UFC Rio shown last night during UFC 133

knDyoxEjirU&feature=player_embedded

ace3g
08-17-2011, 04:56 PM
- Sonnen 2.0 ???? Improved his wrestling after losing to Sonnen, much stronger than the 1st time he fought Silva, and why not I've been making some "crazy" picks lately.
- Big Forrest fan so this was easy
- Schaub has a lot of momentum and Big Nog hasn't fought in a long time
He impressed me after his last UFC fight, that wicked spinning kick to end the 3rd round

The TroutBum
08-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Champ Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami - I think that butt fuck Brazilian is going to win, but I simply can't pick Silva. I fucking Hate Okami as well. A good old fashioned draw would be excellent. In fact... Pick changed:

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami - Draw.

Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua - Griffin is done. He has been for a while.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub - Minotauro was around and was awesome before this new breed of faggot Brazilians started popping up. I feel ok rooting for him. Shaub is the biggest tool in the shed. I hope he slips on the way to the octagon, falls on a gay mans package, gets AIDS, spends the rest of his life hanging around YMCA's and homeless shelters looking for young boys to blow.

Spencer Fisher vs. Thiago Tavares - This is a bad pick, but I like Fisher. Huge cock.

David Mitchell vs. Paulo Thiago - I am a fan of cops. He's the Brazilian Chuck Norris, so I feel ok rooting for him too.

desflood
08-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Forrest is done in mma, but it's not due to lack of skill or because he's an aging vet - it's simply because he doesn't enjoy it anymore. Used to be you could see in his eyes how much he loved fighting and now it's just a job to him. It is the same reason Rampage isn't the fighter he used to be. Rampage is physically stronger and I don't think he has the background of injuries Forrest does, so he'll last longer, but neither of them has the passion for it that they used to.

strosFan2
08-18-2011, 03:30 PM
-I think he could wisely break Silva with wrestling and win, unless it's another quick shocking KO from Silva...hope not :-/
-I don't know how this will help my predictions ranks but big Forrest fan...hopefully ring rust won't take effect...
- Nog is done, and I would like to see so young guys in top rankings...
-Impressive up and comer...
-Don't know anything about Nedkov, and 'home field advantage' for Cane...im reaching on this one...

dbreiden83080
08-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I have no idea who's winning Forrest/Shogun? Pick em fight..

dbreiden83080
08-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Forrest is done in mma, but it's not due to lack of skill or because he's an aging vet - it's simply because he doesn't enjoy it anymore. Used to be you could see in his eyes how much he loved fighting and now it's just a job to him. It is the same reason Rampage isn't the fighter he used to be. Rampage is physically stronger and I don't think he has the background of injuries Forrest does, so he'll last longer, but neither of them has the passion for it that they used to.

Forrest seems to still be working hard, he's always had a great work ethic but i do think some of that youthful exuberance has been beaten out of him by Rashad and obviously Silva.. The highlight of his career was winning the belt over Page (I thought Page won) but as fast as he rose to the top he was chopped down.. So he might just be going through the motions more today.. But still working hard.. This fight might rejuvenate him some..

Stringer_Bell
08-18-2011, 10:11 PM
- Okami is very durable, and is probably the most competitive size match-up for Silva at MW, but none of that shit matters because Okami chokes himself out in big fights. This ends in Okami's first ever submission loss in the 3rd round, but I do think Okami wins a round - for what its worth haha.
- Shogun knows how to fight in the Octagon, and he won't make the same mistakes as he did with Jones. He wants to win, and he gets the UD for sure.
- Schaub doesn't get the KO, but he survives to a UD and puts another legend's name in his W column.
- Pearson will make this more competive than it looks on paper, but Barboza has a lot of poise and quickness so I see this going to a UD.
- Good slugfest to start out the card, dudes will keep throwing until someone goes down in the 2nd round. Reason I pick Cane is cuz its Nedkov's first fight in the UFC and its on Cane's home turf.

ace3g
08-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Eq9i3744pQw&feature=player_embedded
eYRPgAh7QDU

dbreiden83080
08-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Anderson Silva is without a doubt the most arrogant disingenuous shit-head in MMA.. Bowing to his opponents then break-dancing and yelling at them in the fight.. Speaks near perfect english but hates the media so he hides behind that scum-bag Ed Soares.. Someone will beat him eventually and i'll throw a party when it happens..

polandprzem
08-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Anderson Silva is without a doubt the most arrogant disingenuous shit-head in MMA.. Bowing to his opponents then break-dancing and yelling at them in the fight.. Speaks near perfect english but hates the media so he hides behind that scum-bag Ed Soares.. Someone will beat him eventually and i'll throw a party when it happens..

I feel invited

polandprzem
08-19-2011, 01:03 PM
PCaAj96_Yg4

polandprzem
08-19-2011, 01:04 PM
5qrh5Cgm3ec&feature=related

dbreiden83080
08-19-2011, 01:23 PM
I feel invited

Tap the keg Poland...

dbreiden83080
08-19-2011, 01:31 PM
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

This is my i hate Silva pick.. What an ass-hole this guy is.. He should be like Brock. Brock is a dick but he doesn't hide it.. Flips off the crowd when they boo him.. :lol Silva is a fake ass clown. Okami can win a round or 2 with wrestling but he probably gets KO'd round 3 or so.. But i hate Silva and can't pick him..

Incredibly hard fight to pick.. Shogun looked like a shot fighter against Jones but some of that might have been ring rust along with Jones just being that good.. I'll take him by UD here but Forrest could easily take it the other way.. Tough pick..

Schaub KO's another aging all time great.. When will this fuckin guy have to fight someone in their prime?

dbreiden83080
08-19-2011, 01:53 PM
tO5LmWj_WEI

dbreiden83080
08-19-2011, 04:34 PM

To your point Dessie...

"This camp is definitely easier coming off a fight, as opposed to my last camp before the fight against Rich Franklin, which came after almost 15 months off. Anytime you think about ring rust and travel and camps back-to-back, it helps not having any bad injuries and being able to train consistently.

Did I have doubts going into the fight with Franklin after such a long layoff because of an injury? Oh yeah, there were doubts. You can always lose a fight. There are a lot of ways to lose a fight. The one thing I do know is that I got a nice break in the first round when I got on top of him. It was almost like I came back, and then before I knew it I was hit around the head.
Forrest Griffin will face Mauricio Rua at UFC 134 in Rio de Janeiro.

I was asked to fight again May 30 but didn’t feel ready and this Rio de Janeiro show (where he’ll face Mauricio Rua at UFC 134) was the next available card for me after that. I could have been fine to fight anytime in July and maybe even late June, but I wouldn’t have been ready in May.

I’ve been in the UFC for more than six years, but I ain’t got it figured out when it comes to training and training camps. In fact, I think I’m doing everything wrong and I think for my next fight I’m gonna go somewhere for five or six weeks and see what they do. Maybe to AKA or somewhere where there are a lot of guys slightly smaller than me.

You’d think me not having stuff figured out yet would keep it exciting. Not really. It ain’t been exciting, fresh or fun since 2008. It’s a job, it’s money, and I have a great job, I realize that. Just because it’s work doesn’t mean I’m not gonna do it. You man up and you do your job and I make a lot of money doing this, and I love money and I love the freedom and ability money gives you. I’m having a kid and my kid ain’t gonna ever want for anything. My little brother wants to go to college, so he’s going to college. The only thing that gives my mom pleasure in life is buying stuff off QVC, and I’m gonna pay those bills. I paid my mom’s house off. My wife’s family needs help? I’m gonna take care of that.

It’s the whole thing I write the books on – it’s being a man.

It quit being fun when I realized I wasn’t getting better. I’m plateauing or almost getting worse sometimes. One of the essential elements to have in this is your perceived expectation of the future, and I’m a painful realist, so I realized that I’m not going to get better; this is it. It’s only gonna get worse from here on and you fight as much as you can, you fight until you don’t have it anymore, and then you fight a couple more times after that.

Your cat’s sick, you can’t pay your rent, and for 15 or 25 minutes, however long, you’re free of that. It’s real hard for that to enter your mind when somebody’s choking your face off. You’re in that moment of getting your face choked. You ain’t thinking about the bills, your mortgage or your boss. It’s freedom from that. Well, now, the problem is that I’ve got a good life. I don’t want freedom from my good life. I love my life. I’ve got an awesome wife, my cat’s cool, he’s pretty healthy, and life’s pretty good.

Now I don’t need a reprieve from life."

http://sherdognet.craveonline.com/index.php#http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Au66HTd4Vz3huxv4RXyK7ek9Eo14?slug=ys-griffin_ufc_134_081611

ace3g
08-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Kenny Florian Takes Over Commentary Duties for UFC 134 While Rogan Films ‘Fear Factor’

UFC featherweight contender Kenny Florian will take a break from his training camp in preparation of facing Jose Aldo at UFC 136 to head to Brazil for commentary duties at UFC 134: Rio.

Florian, who has filled in as color commentator in several past shows, will be in attendance in Brazil to work alongside Mike Goldberg in the broadcast booth.

Regular UFC commentator Joe Rogan was unable to make the trip to Brazil due to filming obligations for his return to the NBC show Fear Factor that is currently in production.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Ao8lrY64BJ.93Zmy4KV9Jzc9Eo14?slug=mmawee kly-943e711d53e24ef66ec075ef006e916f

Ramos vs. Silva added to UFC 134; Facebook streams five preliminary bouts
http://mmajunkie.com/news/24890/ramos-vs-silva-added-to-ufc-134-facebook-streams-five-preliminary-bouts.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

Silva Pre Fight Interview: http://www.ufc.com/media/134-Silva-Pre-Interview

ace3g
08-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Just realized the pressers for this event are going to suck: Both Silva and Okami will need translators...

dbreiden83080
08-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Just realized the pressers for this event are going to suck: Both Silva and Okami will need translators...

Ah yes Silva and his

"No speaka da english" routine.. Just turn the cameras off guys

Fuck you Silva..

ace3g
08-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Miller vs. Palhares to UFC 134's Spike TV card, Thiago vs. Mitchell to Facebook

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24907/miller-vs-palhares-to-ufc-134s-spike-tv-card-thiago-vs-mitchell-to-facebook.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

Ah yes Silva and his

"No speaka da english" routine.. Just turn the cameras off guys

Fuck you Silva..

Plus Okami doesn't really have the best translator in the world either, it is bad when you need a translator for the translator...

Reminder: "Countdown to UFC 134" preview show debuts Thursday on Spike TV
http://t.co/KzfaFlJ

Dana talking to protestors:

umUOm7bsRtE

ace3g
08-23-2011, 11:46 AM
UFC posted the countdown show on their site: http://www.ufc.com/media/134-CD-SILVA-OKAMI

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0822/mma_ufc134.jpg

ace3g
08-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Sonnen: UFC 134 trip to support Okami canceled due to sponsor intervention, police threat

TUALATIN, Ore. – Chael Sonnen wanted to be in Yushin Okami's corner for UFC 134, and he still has a plane ticket to Rio de Janeiro.

It's Brazil that doesn't want him there.

Sonnen said a major sponsor of Okami's requested he not attend the pay-per-view event, which takes place Saturday at Rio's HSBC Arena.

A source with knowledge of the situation told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Praetorian, a Brazil-based MMA brand, threatened to pull the Japanese fighter's sponsorship if Sonnen attended.

"There's a line of people that want to kick his ass," the source said.

And that could be the least of problems for the expert trash-talker. Sonnen said friends in the country forwarded him a local-media report in which a police chief threatened to arrest him on sight if he showed. The official cited a law that makes disparaging the national identity a crime.

"You don't have freedom of speech in Brazil; put it like that," Sonnen told MMAjunkie.com after a workout at Team Quest Tualatin.

The source said Sonnen's claim is untrue. But the fighter's bombastic interviews have created quite a stir.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24937/sonnen-ufc-134-trip-to-support-okami-canceled-due-to-sponsor-intervention-police-threat.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

Not sure what parts of the story are true, but there were some tweets earlier last week about him not being in Rio, probably best for him not to be there and take any of the attention away from Okami, who deserves this title shot.

dbreiden83080
08-24-2011, 04:50 PM

Gonna change to Forrest.. Saw the countdown show and he looks focused and hungry.. And i am pulling for him to win.. Go get em Forrest..

ace3g
08-24-2011, 09:24 PM
1CqCx6gzOXQ&feature=player_detailpage

benefactor
08-25-2011, 07:58 AM
lol Brazil. What a bunch of oversensitive faggots.

polandprzem
08-25-2011, 10:00 AM
I saw countdown show

Anderson is all bullshit. Brazil vs Japan yup :rolleyes

But really do you think Okami has any chance of beating Anderson?
Silva fighting in Brazil.
Silva fighting against a fighter that he lost to is a strange way. And Okami could continue - Anderson knows that.
Okami trains with Sonnen - nuff said

And Okami will go forward like Sonnen did. But I don't know if Silva just not gonna straight punch him like he did it with Forest ...

Please Okami destroy that fVcker

ace3g
08-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Here is Forrest's interview, lol

Ub3L06VHNEo

polandprzem
08-25-2011, 10:28 AM
How cannot you be interested in ufc title?

Anderson really howed Forest that he will never be on the level of the best in the world

polandprzem
08-25-2011, 10:31 AM
btw that upper yt with silva subtitles is perfect

dbreiden83080
08-25-2011, 10:55 AM
How cannot you be interested in ufc title?

Anderson really howed Forest that he will never be on the level of the best in the world

Forrest has a very odd sense of humor.. The Silva fight did affect him greatly i agree 100%. But watching the countdown show he looked to be focused for this one.. Plus he's saying he wants to mix things up in training by going to some new camps, that's a good thing for him going forward. This is a big fight for him.. If he wins he could be reinvigorated. He loses and he's maybe out of the hunt for good.. Put it this way even if he is never a title contender again if he wants big fights and paydays he has to stay in the mix.. I think a rematch with Page is very possible if he loses to Jones and Forrest takes this fight with Shogun..

ace3g
08-25-2011, 10:59 AM
There is another presser today at noon: http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-rio-silva-vs-okami-pre-fight-press-conference/746

ace3g
08-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Weigh Ins are today at 2 P.M. http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/video/ufc-rio-silva-vs-okami-weigh-in/747

polandprzem
08-26-2011, 10:31 AM
not 3pm?

The presser was strange and translations not always there ...

But the countdown was nice esp the main event

ace3g
08-26-2011, 10:33 AM
not 3pm?

The presser was strange and translations not always there ...

But the countdown was nice esp the main event

Live coverage begins at 3pm ET/12pm PT on 8/26/11

It starts at 3 p.m. Eastern , 2 p.m. Central

As for the translation, that always happens at pressers with a lot of fighters from Brazil.

New Vlog

zyHT8JNYGAg

polandprzem
08-26-2011, 11:16 AM
yup but this time you could hear translation sometimes and sometimes not. Sometimes you could hear interpreter while dana was speaking.

eeee whatever

yup 3 estern so it's 9pm polish time :tu

ace3g
08-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Well everyone made weight everyone in main and co main event looked in great shape

polandprzem
08-26-2011, 02:33 PM

Anderson will come out motivated and he will try to finish the fight fast. Probably gonna stay outside as usual.
I'm not gonna pick anybody for now

Forest seemed to be pumped up for this fight during weight-ins, but I'm going with a better fighter which is Shogun.

Brendan improving and he is good enough on standup to punish Nog for not keeping his guard. It's gonna be a standup masacre for a Brazilian

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

Dan Miller vs. Rousimar Palhares

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

David Mitchell vs. Paulo Thiago
Erick Silva vs. Luis Ramos*
Felipe Arantes vs. Yuri Alcantara
Yves Jabouin vs. Ian Loveland
Raphael Assuncao vs. Johnny Eduard

ace3g
08-26-2011, 08:31 PM
I guess the "suits" at ESPN got to Sonnen here, a little more restrained when speaking on the Silva v. Okami fight: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6899775

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0826/mma_e_silva01jr_400.jpg

polandprzem
08-27-2011, 01:48 AM
9zmASSX_ZSk

CubanSucks
08-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Wow, that's just what I wanted to see at the weigh ins, Thiago's dong sticking straight through his tights :vomit:

CubanSucks
08-27-2011, 12:28 PM
:lmao "The Hybrid"

I figured that was just a nickname he felt forced to make up on the spot when he first started out. I would've figured he'd realize how gay and retarded it sounds and drop it. How the fuck does he not recognize that?

benefactor
08-27-2011, 03:48 PM
9zmASSX_ZSk
lol Brazil
lol fatty saying Sonnen is scared

benefactor
08-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Translation of everything that blonde chick said:

"I would gladly let Sonnen bend me over if he came to Brazil."

ace3g
08-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Erick Silva just showed why he gets the praise he does

mystargtr34
08-27-2011, 11:39 PM
What an awesome card... was rooting hard for the Brazilians. They fucking dominated.

The TroutBum
08-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua - Griffin is done. He has been for a while.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Brendan Schaub - Minotauro was around and was awesome before this new breed of faggot Brazilians started popping up. I feel ok rooting for him. Shaub is the biggest tool in the shed. I hope he slips on the way to the octagon, falls on a gay mans package, gets AIDS, spends the rest of his life hanging around YMCA's and homeless shelters looking for young boys to blow.

David Mitchell vs. Paulo Thiago - I am a fan of cops. He's the Brazilian Chuck Norris, so I feel ok rooting for him too.

Three out of five ain't so bad... right?

LOL @ anyone who picked THE HYBRID... Seriously? You people actually picked him?

Also, did that Fisher/Tavaras fight seem to be just about the most obnoxiously boring pile of shit you've ever seen, or was it just me? I love a good strategy, but when your strategy is to just hold your opponent down and do nothing for two rounds, then you should automatically lose. Fisher looked old.

The TroutBum
08-28-2011, 01:53 AM
That being said, it was a great card, and I'm glad I watched it illegally on my computer for free.

Stand
08-28-2011, 09:52 AM
After last night GSP won't even be thinking of challenging Silva anytime soon.

Stringer_Bell
08-28-2011, 01:27 PM
After last night GSP won't even be thinking of challenging Silva anytime soon.

I'm not quite understanding why anyone is interested in a GSP vs Silva fight, or thinks it's a possibility at all. Dana said that Fedor beating Henderson would accomplish nothing because both guys are in different weight classes and the only thing that could happen is Fedor lose to a "smaller" fighter.

I think the same applies to Silva, no one at MW can fight him so they bring up a smaller fighter? Bullshit. Put him against Jones @ LHW and we'll see if he's really the greatest pound for pound. If he even got a decision out of that fight, I'd call him the best ever. But he wouldn't, and everyone knows it, so who knows how badly the UFC want to preserve that legacy.

Also, props to Okami for controlling Silva against the cage for the amount of time he did. He took some hard knees, but its better than him being scared the whole time he was in there.

Shogun vs Jones/Rampage loser.
Big Nog vs Carwin or Lesnar.
Barboza vs Cerrone.

BlackSwordsMan
08-28-2011, 03:46 PM
yeah UFC is fucked there is no one for anderson to fight he should just gain 80 lbs and clean out hw and lhw

BlackSwordsMan
08-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm not quite understanding why anyone is interested in a GSP vs Silva fight, or thinks it's a possibility at all. Dana said that Fedor beating Henderson would accomplish nothing because both guys are in different weight classes and the only thing that could happen is Fedor lose to a "smaller" fighter.

I think the same applies to Silva, no one at MW can fight him so they bring up a smaller fighter? Bullshit. Put him against Jones @ LHW and we'll see if he's really the greatest pound for pound. If he even got a decision out of that fight, I'd call him the best ever. But he wouldn't, and everyone knows it, so who knows how badly the UFC want to preserve that legacy.

Also, props to Okami for controlling Silva against the cage for the amount of time he did. He took some hard knees, but its better than him being scared the whole time he was in there.

Shogun vs Jones/Rampage loser.
Big Nog vs Carwin or Lesnar.
Barboza vs Cerrone.
well if dana said than it must be true

desflood
08-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Gotta feel for Forrest - sounds like his wife may have gone into labor during the fights:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24996/ufc-boss-remains-a-griffin-supporter-thanks-expecting-dad-for-taking-ufc-134-fight.mma

Good luck to Forrest and Jaime.

Also, never bet against a Nogueira.

CubanSucks
08-29-2011, 12:06 AM
the only thing that can gain my interest with Silva (besides just getting a few more sweet highlights in every fight) is him moving up to lhw and cleaning them out before ultimately setting up what could be the most hyped fight ever

Silva vs Bones

dbreiden83080
08-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Irene killed my power for a day and a half so i am just getting back to the fights..

Big Nog winning is great because he is a legend and i hate Schaub.. Knocked that punk back down a peg..

Forrest terrible chin strikes again.. Not sure what is next for him but staying in the mix at 205 now just got a whole lot harder for him..

Okami stood outside with Silva.. WHY?? Shoot for TD's and hope for the best.. Standing on the outside with Silva is a death sentance for anyone who tries.. Sonnen needs that rematch..

ace3g
08-29-2011, 04:09 PM
That is one thing I was worried about with Okami, everyone said his wrestling improved after training with Sonnen; yet I rewatched all the fights after that and he rarely ever went for the TD, he still had the great TD defense but basically did what he did against Silva and it cost him big time....

I don't understand why only Sonnen has that "put your head down and rush foward" mentality; clearly you aren't going to out-strike him, so out wrestle him, take the fight tot he ground and hope you don't get suckered into a submission.

Sure it maybe a boring fight, but in the end you would be the MW champ, easier said then done against Silva, but it is the only way...

----

On the Forrest fight, not making excuses, but apparently his wife went into labor during his fight; during the countdown he said the baby wasn't due till after he got back from Rio; so had more than just the fight on his mind.

Still a good comeback victory for Shogun, lets see if he can get back in the mix at LHW.

dbreiden83080
08-29-2011, 04:33 PM
That is one thing I was worried about with Okami, everyone said his wrestling improved after training with Sonnen; yet I rewatched all the fights after that and he rarely ever went for the TD, he still had the great TD defense but basically did what he did against Silva and it cost him big time....

I don't understand why only Sonnen has that "put your head down and rush foward" mentality; clearly you aren't going to out-strike him, so out wrestle him, take the fight tot he ground and hope you don't get suckered into a submission.

Sure it maybe a boring fight, but in the end you would be the MW champ, easier said then done against Silva, but it is the only way...

----

On the Forrest fight, not making excuses, but apparently his wife went into labor during his fight; during the countdown he said the baby wasn't due till after he got back from Rio; so had more than just the fight on his mind.

Still a good comeback victory for Shogun, lets see if he can get back in the mix at LHW.

Love the thoughts Ace

Love em.. :toast

ace3g
08-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Also, if you watched closely when Okami had Silva up against the cage a couple of times, Silva basically rested his head on the shoulders of Okami, closes his eyes basically "went to sleep". Essentially "I'm not in trouble" and I'll throw some knees in a few...

polandprzem
08-29-2011, 05:12 PM
That was a nightmare card
I was after a party and exhausting day slept for 80 minutes watched the card and went to work 7a-7p + girlfrined baq home 9p

But that was nothing. I was not pissed as much this time at Silva as previous several ones.
You know that I hate Silva but again his opponent fucked up. That was the worst stategy for Okami. Maybe his gameplan was different but in a fight he let Silva do his meduza thing /like Sonnen said/ and hit him.

Stay outside and exchange with Anderson is not a good idea and everybody knows that. I need to rewatch the fight though.
Now that p4p king shit will not disappear from his resume

Sonnen rematch would be g8 but I also would like to see a Greg Jacksons guy against Silva.

--

Forest gave up again. When he has been hit harder and dropped he just is unable to defend himself.

--
Palhares piece of crap. I liked him when he came to UFC. Smooth BJJ and all. But the guy has something with his head. He fucked up Drwals knee when he was holding it too long and after the fight was stopped. Now he decided to make a call that he won the fight. Then he grabbed the fence and was not listening to Dean and hit Miller after the bell /horn/.
And then as every Brazilian when asked the question he just decides to say whatever and not giving an answer to an asked question.

Next 3 UFC numbered cards are sick!

ace3g
08-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Surprises With Knockout, Wants Frank Mir Next

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/30/2392443/ufc-antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-wants-frank-mir-next-mma-news

dbreiden83080
08-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Surprises With Knockout, Wants Frank Mir Next

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/30/2392443/ufc-antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-wants-frank-mir-next-mma-news

He's wanted Mir rematch forever..

Soul_Patch
09-01-2011, 07:47 PM
What was with the Bulgarian guy throwing nothing but that winging overhand punch...over and over and over and over...yet some how he still won.

i was like no fucking way...how can you lose when you know exactly what the dude is going to do every time....

Fernando TD21
09-02-2011, 11:35 AM
lol Brazil. What a bunch of oversensitive faggots.

lol Brazil
lol fatty saying Sonnen is scared

Translation of everything that blonde chick said:

"I would gladly let Sonnen bend me over if he came to Brazil."
:lmao

dallaskd
09-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Love the thoughts Ace

Love em.. :toast

lmao

dbreiden83080
09-04-2011, 04:59 PM
lmao

You only stop by for me Dallas.. :lol

ace3g
09-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Anderson Silva’s injured shoulder will most likely keep him out until early 2012, Silva’s manager Ed Soares informed MMA Fighting on Saturday night.

Silva injured his shoulder in training for his UFC 134 fight against Yushin Okami last month, which he won via second-round TKO. There was some fear within his camp that he would have to undergo surgery, but Soares said Silva will simply need rehab to heal it.

http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/09/12/anderson-silva-out-until-2012-with-shoulder-injury-4510.html