PDA

View Full Version : Everything that could go wrong tonight....went wrong!!!

Spurs rock
04-13-2011, 10:57 PM
FML!!!!!!!!!! :bang :pctoss :madrun :depressed

04-13-2011, 10:58 PM
spurstalk was due for a meltdown...

at the end of the day, spurs still have HCA over the lakers.

Spurs rock
04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
spurstalk was due for a meltdown...

at the end of the day, spurs still have HCA over the lakers.

Yeah but will the Spurs even make it that far???

vs. MEM

vs. OKC

No Manu

:(

BlackSwordsMan
04-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah well its just a safety net for the shit you're about to experience come this weekend. Enjoy your $15 beer and 5$ tacos down by the river walk while you can.

Sean Cagney
04-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Hey better than a round two vs Dallas if we get there and losing to them! I am saying if Manu is out that long! I would rather not lose to Dallas again in the playoffs. Dallas got Portland and LA in two rounds, if that makes you feel better :( I know I know it blows but my lord just think of Portland in round one now with Manu out a few games (IF HE IS at least).

04-13-2011, 11:03 PM

vs. MEM

vs. OKC

No Manu

if the spurs lose due to injuries, then it doesn't matter who they play against. spurs can only control their own seeding and they did that by securing HCA in the western conference.

Josepatches_
04-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Wrong? It was pretty obvious yesterday.
It's the most possible scenary.

LAL@SAC is the only game that we couldn't be pretty sure about the final score before the games began.

TE
04-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Honestly, I find it kind of funny how bad things have gotten today. Not getting the first round opponent we all wanted, losing Manu, playing the Starters and regular rotation in the last game of the season only to be losing, and relying on a Kings win over the Lakers.

Everything that could've been bad, happened.

lefty
04-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Just a HYPEREXTENSION
Xray negative

Spurs99
04-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Don't forget it was the Spurs medical staff earlier this year that said Parker was going to be out 2-3 weeks with his injury when it look like it could be serious.....He wind just missing I think only about 3 days....Maybe the are overblowing Manu injury to appear serious when it it might not...He might of told the staff he is fine like Bynum told Jackson he would be fine prior to his MRI....

tmtcsc
04-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Relax, I wouldn't be surprised if we sweep Memphis. 2nd round wont be easy but this is the playoffs.

NRHector
04-13-2011, 11:19 PM
FML!!!!!!!!!! :bang :pctoss :madrun :depressedlet's talk about this, first calm down, Manu will be alright, and the Spurs will rest a few days and they'll be ready now take two pills and call me in the morning

TMTTRIO
04-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Don't forget it was the Spurs medical staff earlier this year that said Parker was going to be out 2-3 weeks with his injury when it look like it could be serious.....He wind just missing I think only about 3 days....Maybe the are overblowing Manu injury to appear serious when it it might not...He might of told the staff he is fine like Bynum told Jackson he would be fine prior to his MRI....

Tony's a lot younger and seems to heal pretty fast. Manu has always seemed to be a very slow healer and it takes him forever to recover from an injury.

DontStopBelieving
04-13-2011, 11:20 PM

How are they overblowing it when all they have said is that the x-rays were negative?

Seriously..?

Supergirl
04-13-2011, 11:22 PM

vs. MEM

vs. OKC

No Manu

What makes you think no Manu? He hyperextended his elbow, he'll be fine.

Budkin
04-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Worst night ever.

DMC
04-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Spurs haven't had a meltdown. Some of their fans have.

Every team in the West playoffs have a significant player injured.

tuncaboylu
04-14-2011, 12:02 AM
What makes you think no Manu? He hyperextended his elbow, he'll be fine.

Which elbow, left or right?

DMC
04-14-2011, 12:02 AM
right

tuncaboylu
04-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Worst night ever.

Do you remember 13 May 2004?

tuncaboylu
04-14-2011, 12:04 AM
right

That's a consolotion, it will not effect his shooting when he comes back.

DMC
04-14-2011, 12:05 AM
That's a consolotion, it will not effect his shooting when he comes back.
It very well could. The opposite hand guides the ball.

tuncaboylu
04-14-2011, 12:07 AM
It very well could. The opposite hand guides the ball.

Yes but it's leass important than his shootig hand, and moreover he uses left side to drive in layups

Harry Callahan
04-14-2011, 12:39 AM
For the 4th year in a row, the Spurs are not healthy going into the playoffs. You have to be good and lucky to win it.

Budkin
04-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Do you remember 13 May 2004?

Oh yes. Oh yes I do.

Budkin
04-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Dallas wins!

NJ about to knock off Chicago and... fuck.

Spurs got this against the Suns... Manu down... FUCK... but the Spurs come back and almost pull it out and... fuck

Memphis tanking hard... fuck... but they almost come back to win it and... fuck

Lakers destroying Kings... fuck... but OMG the Kings come all the way back and lead by 3 with 9 seconds to go! The night is not lost... one more stop Kings and... FUCK.

The Lakers get a cakewalk and the Spurs get the gauntlet, maybe without Manu for some of it.

I would just like to say... FUCK.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Fuck this whole season.

The Spurs had more momentum going into the playoffs last year.

Pop is gonna play the Blair/Bonner combo 10+ minutes a game and we'll be toast.

God is definitely a Lakers fan, ugh.

Mugen
04-14-2011, 01:11 AM
For the 4th year in a row, the Spurs are not healthy going into the playoffs. You have to be good and lucky to win it.

And to think all Pop had to do was just rest em again tonight.

duncan228
04-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Hit the link for the whole piece.

Duncan: No second-guessing decision to play starters (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/14/duncan-no-second-guessing-decision-to-play-starters/)
Jeff McDonald

...“You can’t predict anything, and there’s no reason to second-guess,” Tim Duncan said after Ginobili left the Spurs’ regular-season finale against Phoenix with a hyperextended right elbow. “I don’t think any one of us are going to do that.”

...After the game, Popovich repeated the thinking behind his decision to play his regulars on the last night of the regular-season.

“They needed to get a good run, and they did, so they could keep a rhythm,” Popovich said.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/04/14/duncan-no-second-guessing-decision-to-play-starters/

Obstructed_View
04-14-2011, 01:19 AM
The Spurs haven't had a set rotation for like three months. I'm not sure what "rhythm" means, but considering that it was coming from a 62 year old Serbian man, I'm not surprised that it's incorrect. :lol

Splits
04-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Meltdown in progress, and we're still 84 hours before tip off of the first game in the first round. Watching ST is going to be painful, you people are the most pessimistic freaks I've ever met.

Blake
04-12-2012, 01:05 AM
God is definitely a Lakers fan, ugh.