PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with you guys?

JustinJDW
04-14-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm completely shocked how disappointed some of us are about the Playoff seeding. L.A is going to have to face either Dallas or Portland in the 2nd Round, both defensive powerhouses who have the talent to pretty much beat anyone in this league, and they always get up for the Playoffs and the Lakers.

We get either overrated OKC or Denver, both young still inexperienced 3-point happy teams who are a joke on defense and have no real advantage over us. ESPECIALLY without Melo and Jeff Green, both players who torched us. And Dirk, who's been lighting us up in the Playoffs for years, will be in L.A. I mean really...

Only thing that really sucks is getting Memphis instead of NO, which admit is lame, but if you truly think that Memphis can not only rise to the level the Spurs always do in the Playoffs, but supersede it and knock us out, then that just says how much you know about both teams. Plus Pop is going to out-coach the shit out of Hollins, but its going to be a fun 1st round series to watch.

Oh, and Gay is probably out. Look, I'm just saying, things are much better than they probably appeared at first glance at the standings. As long as Manu is fine, its all good. :hat

Mugen
04-14-2011, 01:21 AM
both defensive powerhouses

/thread.

Budkin
04-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Wait, did you just say Dallas was a defensive powerhouse? :lmao

Texas_Ranger
04-14-2011, 01:22 AM
As long as Manu is fine, its all good. :hat

but if Manu is not fine then we can all say goodbye.

JustinJDW
04-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Portland and Dallas are both in the Top 10 in least points allowed man. Much better on defense than us. Get real dude. I mean I'm a Spurs fan too and I know that Dallas are our rivals and shit and whatever, but c'mon. :lol

spurs1990
A month ago we had far and away the best record in the league.

Tonight we got limped to the end not evening having home court against the Bulls.

Just a little deflating, dontcha think?

Sean Cagney
Eh Manu being fine is all I care about now, the other shyt can wait! If he is out for a while we are fucked, period.
A month ago we had far and away the best record in the league.

Tonight we got limped to the end not evening having home court against the Bulls.

Just a little deflating, dontcha think?

VERY DEFLATING! VERY much so.. Whether some admit it or not.

JustinJDW
04-14-2011, 01:27 AM
Deflating? No. I think we've been spoiled as fuck this Season, and we're freaking out like little girls when things don't go exactly the way we wanted them to at the end of the Season. Even though the Spurs have excelled during much more difficult and depressing times. If ya told me at the start of the Season we'd be #1 in the West and have to face Memphis without Rudy Gay in the 1st Round, while L.A gets NO and then either Dallas or Portland, I would have jumped for joy. And then if you told me that we wouldn't face L.A or Dallas until the WCF and that the absolute best team we could face by then would be OKC with Perkins instead of Green, I would have screamed like a school girl.

Obstructed_View
04-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Game one will be telling. The Spurs haven't had anything significant to play for in a long time. I'm going to jump on the "Spurs are bored" bandwagon until proven otherwise.

Nathan89
04-14-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm completely shocked how disappointed some of us are about the Playoff seeding. L.A is going to have to face either Dallas or Portland in the 2nd Round, both defensive powerhouses who have the talent to pretty much beat anyone in this league, and they always get up for the Playoffs and the Lakers.

We get either overrated OKC or Denver, both young still inexperienced 3-point happy teams who are a joke on defense and have no real advantage over us. ESPECIALLY without Melo and Jeff Green, both players who torched us. And Dirk, who's been lighting us up in the Playoffs for years, will be in L.A. I mean really...

Only thing that really sucks is getting Memphis instead of NO, which admit is lame, but if you truly think that Memphis can not only rise to the level the Spurs always do in the Playoffs, but supersede it and knock us out, then that just says how much you know about both teams. Plus Pop is going to out-coach the shit out of Hollins, but its going to be a fun 1st round series to watch.

Oh, and Gay is probably out. Look, I'm just saying, things are much better than they probably appeared at first glance at the standings. As long as Manu is fine, its all good. :hat

Spurs

JustinJDW
04-14-2011, 01:34 AM
I mean shit, Dallas is 8th in Opponent FG%, 8th in Opponent 3-point FG%, and then 7th in Opponent Points per shot. I mean I'm not really a stat man, but you can't tell me these guys don't get it done on D.

ElNono
04-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Dallas choke though... and it's not Dirk lately... it's Terry thinking he still got it while slinging airballs... Beabouis isn't what they thought either... Dallas is going as far as Dirk takes them, and that's not very far, IMO.

Chomag
04-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Deflating? No. I think we've been spoiled as fuck this Season, and we're freaking out like little girls when things don't go exactly the way we wanted them to at the end of the Season. Even though the Spurs have excelled during much more difficult and depressing times. If ya told me at the start of the Season we'd be #1 in the West and have to face Memphis without Rudy Gay in the 1st Round, while L.A gets NO and then either Dallas or Portland, I would have jumped for joy. And then if you told me that we wouldn't face L.A or Dallas until the WCF and that the absolute best team we could face by then would be OKC with Perkins instead of Green, I would have screamed like a school girl.

I think your the one that is freaking out about it man. People are just being real. Spurs have not looked good at all this past month, it's realistic to be concerned. Does this mean the Spurs can't overcome it? No, but there are reasons for concern.

ElNono
04-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Dallas won 67 games in '07, and didn't mean shit when the wrong matchup showed up...
The regular season is there for seeding, getting HCA, and getting the team ready for the stretch run... after that, the real season starts and it's a completely different ballgame...

Em-City
04-14-2011, 01:49 AM
face it, SpursTalk members are just straight up pussies..

DesignatedT
04-14-2011, 01:51 AM

pretty much

Nathan89
04-14-2011, 01:54 AM

Hey, I like most Spurstalk members.

Em-City
04-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Hey, I like most Spurstalk members.

I think liking someone has nothing to do with them being a pussy.

but since u bring it up... most members are fickle, self-righteous, paranoid, know-it-all, over-reacting, nut-hugging whiny bitches..... but i don't mind some of their posts

Chomag
04-14-2011, 02:03 AM
Clever... So your not a Spurstalk member?

Em-City
04-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Clever... So your not a Spurstalk member?

.. what's your point?

Pauleta14
04-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Great post!!

I'm tired of the lack of confidence of most of the fans on ST!!

Man-up guys!!!!!

I didn't want NO anyway because of chris Paul and wanted Memphis because they tanked to get us (not NO)...

If Bynum misses a couple games, LA will have a hard time containing "Paul the floper".

Finaly, the last team I wanted to face after LA in Portland...

chazley
04-14-2011, 04:58 AM
I agree that Spurs talk Spurs fans are pussies. Me and about 3 other people are the only ones who get to celebrate when we win the title this year, the rest of you are game-to-game bandwagoners who never look at the big picture and look WAY too far into random 6-game losing streaks or sitting out/playing starters for one game. Get the fuck over yourselves. If we play all our starters tonight and we had a good victory, Pop would've been praised.

We annihilated the NBA until the all-star break, and we have had a massive lead with nothing to really play for since then. That does effect a team's psyche. Now the playoffs are here, big games every night, and our stars will be playing big minutes. Does any Spurs fan think the Lakers are going to be any worse in the playoffs because they've looked like complete and utter garbage for every one of their last 7 games? Hell fucking no, they aren't losing until at least the WCF. I honestly cannot how Spurs fans can be so mind-numbingly stupid to think that anything we do over the last 10-15 games of an NBA season we dominated has any effect on how we will do in the playoffs.

Grow some balls please Spurstalk. Not every loss or turnover or missed shot is the end of our season.

TE
04-14-2011, 05:04 AM
I agree that Spurs talk Spurs fans are pussies. Me and about 3 other people are the only ones who get to celebrate when we win the title this year, the rest of you are game-to-game bandwagoners who never look at the big picture and look WAY too far into random 6-game losing streaks or sitting out/playing starters for one game. Get the fuck over yourselves. If we play all our starters tonight and we had a good victory, Pop would've been praised.

We annihilated the NBA until the all-star break, and we have had a massive lead with nothing to really play for since then. That does effect a team's psyche. Now the playoffs are here, big games every night, and our stars will be playing big minutes. Does any Spurs fan think the Lakers are going to be any worse in the playoffs because they've looked like complete and utter garbage for every one of their last 7 games? Hell fucking no, they aren't losing until at least the WCF. I honestly cannot how Spurs fans can be so mind-numbingly stupid to think that anything we do over the last 10-15 games of an NBA season we dominated has any effect on how we will do in the playoffs.

Grow some balls please Spurstalk. Not every loss or turnover or missed shot is the end of our season.

:wow:wow:wow
:lol

Why must you be so mad?

Half of Spurstalk is for Spur fans to vent, so why whine about Spur fans venting?

chazley
04-14-2011, 05:20 AM
:wow:wow:wow
:lol

Why must you be so mad?

Half of Spurstalk is for Spur fans to vent, so why whine about Spur fans venting?

Makes me mad because Spurs fans look like the biggest dumbasses to anyone with a brain. Only about 5% of us who post on Spurstalk have the brain to realize that while we make mistakes in the regular season and we may look atrocious at times, in the long run it means nothing. It becomes suicide watch in here after we lose a game, or a freak Manu injury occurs.

DPG21920
04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
SA town 4 life! Die hard calf tats!!!!

Someone who can't be realistic and critique isn't a better fan. They are homers. Now, you can argue the merits of what is better; being an annoying homer or someone who understands a teams short comings while still rooting for their team, but the "I NEVER think SA has problems and everything wrong is because of the refs or Stern" stuff is stupid.

hater
04-14-2011, 08:59 AM
L.A is going to have to face either Dallas or Portland in the 2nd Round, both defensive powerhouses

:rollin

biskvito
04-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Denver can play good defense and score from anywhere.

OKC is playing out of their minds.

Just saying.

I. Hustle
04-14-2011, 09:30 AM
I thought this was going to be an Animal House thread

shorttotry
04-14-2011, 09:37 AM
As long as Manu is fine, I'm not afraid of anyone.

kjhip1
04-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I think Dallas gets past Portalnd...they shouldn't be taken too lightly...Everyone has been down on Dallas but I still think they can give LA a fit...maybe LA uderestimates them in the second round..guess we shall see..

Spursmania
04-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Spurs are going to kick that Grizzly Ass!!!

ArtVandelay
04-14-2011, 11:08 AM
wtf?
worst thread i've ever seen in my life
this is a joke right?

Rummpd
04-14-2011, 11:13 AM
The myth that Dallas improved this year is belied by any serious look at defensive efficiency and/or Chandler's pathetic block per minute ratio.

Portland might give LAL some trouble but Mavs would get hosed unless Dirk goes off for 35 a game.